Testing Apple’s FORGOTTEN GAME CONSOLE from 1996!

Who said Apple computers couldn't game!

Oh wait, the PiPPiN is nothing to be proud of.. -_-

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

why does a trackball on a controller seem uncomfortable. 

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

23 minutes ago, Shreyas1 said:

why does a trackball on a controller seem uncomfortable. 

not the trackball ... there seem to be buttons down in the middle wich the middle button is uncomfortable to reach

Bandai_Apple_Pippin_Applejack_Controller

what i am wondering is: the jap release was 1995 and the us followed a year later - why did they not try an american game or at least a more straight forward game instead of klicking around a japanese strategy game with no clue what the actual heck they are doing and then call it boring

8 minutes ago, KenjiUmino said:

not the trackball ... there seem to be buttons down in the middle wich the middle button is uncomfortable to reach

Bandai_Apple_Pippin_Applejack_Controller

what i am wondering is: the jap release was 1995 and the us followed a year later - why did they not try an american game or at least a more straight forward game instead of klicking around a japanese strategy game with no clue what the actual heck they are doing and then call it boring

That was literally the only game we could find. Not many units of the Pippin were sold, even less are still around today :P 

As you may guess of my Zaku II profile pic, I'm one of those other Gundam nuts who prefer Universal Century. And then I see Gundam Tactics Mobility Fleet 0079.

I'm not that experienced with that game at all, but... You all just sent out 3 mobile pods that were named Balls (and you call them Gundams for some reason) against a Zeon fleet. These mobile pods aren't powerful.

It would definitely be untranslated Japanese text's fault.

EDIT: Actually, for the Earth Federation Forces side, you're started with 3 Balls on 1 Salamis cruiser. Note that these can deal some damage to even a Musai, Zeon's typical carrier. Although this post is to be edited sooner the further I play the game.

I edit after I post, so wait until I'm done editing if you're about to reply.

The Angry Computersmasher - were I probably rant about stuff that irks me.

4 minutes ago, The Angry Computersmasher said:

As you may guess of my Zaku II profile pic, I'm one of those other Gundam nuts who prefer Universal Century. And then I see Gundam Tactics Mobility Fleet 0079.

I'm not that experienced with that game at all, but... You all just sent out 3 Balls (and you call them Gundams for some reason) against a Zeon fleet.

Anime Law: Any robot can defeat any other robot, no matter how out numbered, out gunned, or outscaled, if there is an unwilling teenage boy at the helm!

1 minute ago, AshleyAshes said:

Anime Law: Any robot can defeat any other robot, no matter how out numbered, out gunned, or outscaled, if there is an unwilling teenage boy at the helm!

Sadly non of what they've sortied contained Amuro Ray.

I edit after I post, so wait until I'm done editing if you're about to reply.

The Angry Computersmasher - were I probably rant about stuff that irks me.

Add one to the number of unboxings done in the year 2017.

What does that bring our total too?

Also holy shit this video was really cool

You noobs could have used Google real time translate with the camera.  It was working fine even pointing my phone at my ipad screen. 

IMG_0933.thumb.PNG.a251d46b5a6a5d0bffba292446508aec.PNG

Spoiler

Workstation:  14700nonk || Asus Z790 ProArt Creator || MSI Gaming Trio 4090 Shunt || Crucial Pro Overclocking 32GB @ 5600 || Corsair AX1600i@240V || whole-house loop.

LANRig/GuestGamingBox: 9900nonK || Gigabyte Z390 Master || ASUS TUF 3090 650W shunt || Corsair SF600 || CPU+GPU watercooled 280 rad pull only || whole-house loop.

Server Router (Untangle): 13600k @ Stock || ASRock Z690 ITX || All 10Gbe || 2x8GB 3200 || PicoPSU 150W 24pin + AX1200i on CPU|| whole-house loop

Server Compute/Storage: 10850K @ 5.1Ghz || Gigabyte Z490 Ultra || EVGA FTW3 3090 1000W || LSI 9280i-24 port || 4TB Samsung 860 Evo, 5x10TB Seagate Enterprise Raid 6, 4x8TB Seagate Archive Backup ||  whole-house loop.

Laptop: HP Elitebook 840 G8 (Intel 1185G7) + 3080Ti Thunderbolt Dock, Razer Blade Stealth 13" 2017 (Intel 8550U)

Yay Luke video! I think that house is Luke's house where he still keeps an old Sony CRT TV. 

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

That old title screen tho

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Why didn't someone just use their phone to translate the game? I mean I guess that was half the fun.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

You just got considerably rare Apple console for 500 bucks and you did not even do a full teardown? Come oooon man :) curious minds need to know what's inside! Well, at least we got some real true unboxing. And 90s style title screen.

I remember the Pippin, was fun but the controller was awful...   MacOS was able to run Pippin software so the reason why it didn't sell, if you already had a mac you basically had a pippin.  Also, it was advertised more as an entertainment box basically making your TV smart before the smart tv.  

I saw it on the Computer Chronicles back in '96 so I got the Pippin and Playstation that year :) 

I played with the Playstation more obviously :P 

I'm Batman!

Steam: Rukiri89 | uPlay: Rukiri89 | Origin: XxRukiriXx | Xbox LIVE: XxRUKIRIxX89 | PSN: Ericks1989 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiri

Project Xenos: Motherboard: MSI Z170a M9 ACK | CPU: i7 6700k | Ram: G.Skil TridentZ 16GB 3000mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850w G2 | Case: Caselabs SMA8 | Cooling: Custom Loop | Still in progress 

On 8/6/2017 at 9:04 PM, FartingBob said:

No benchmarks? No teardown? No custom watercooling loop to better OC that 63mhz chip?

LTT is slipping.

We didn't even get to see Linus drop it 

Hello

1 hour ago, TAHIRMIA said:

We didn't even get to see Linus drop it 

Does Linus want to break the internet?

I'm Batman!

Steam: Rukiri89 | uPlay: Rukiri89 | Origin: XxRukiriXx | Xbox LIVE: XxRUKIRIxX89 | PSN: Ericks1989 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiri

Project Xenos: Motherboard: MSI Z170a M9 ACK | CPU: i7 6700k | Ram: G.Skil TridentZ 16GB 3000mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850w G2 | Case: Caselabs SMA8 | Cooling: Custom Loop | Still in progress 

11 minutes ago, ErickS89 said:

Does Linus want to break the internet?

It would be good publicity

Hello