NVIDIA’s CEO Gives Away Their Mighty Volta GPU Based Tesla V100 AI Accelerators To Top 15 AI Research Institutions

Source http://wccftech.com/nvidia-volta-tesla-v100-ai-research/

At the event, NVIDIA’s CEO not only announced the new Tesla V100 PCIe accelerator, he also gave it away to the top 15 AI researchers. The event compromised of 150 elite deep learning researchers from 15 different AI research institutes were warmly welcomed and presented the Tesla V100 PCIe accelerator in the NVIDIA AI Labs program.

NVIDIA’s CEO, Jen-Hsun Huang, gave away a Tesla V100 accelerator to the representatives of each institute (15 in total). The card was elegantly packaged inside a black colored box, each of which included his (Jen-Hsun’s) signature, along with an inscription on the accelerator’s box that read, “Do great AI!”.

NVIDIA-Tesla-V100-Volta-GPU_1-1030x551.j

NVIDIA-Tesla-V100-Volta-GPU_6-1030x709.j

Lots more information in the article. Also, what I find interesting is last year in April when Pascal was announced at GTC it was already shipping to non-consumer places - Then by May it was shipping the consumer version. Does this mean we may have consumer Volta later this year? (Sept/Oct?)

Cue attacks on AMD because Nvidia...

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

I hate it when they have links to pages that say "Click here to see our V100 giveaway" when it's not ongoing and open to the public. It's worse than a rickroll. -_-

5 minutes ago, mr moose said:

No,  that's just you.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

2 minutes ago, Enderman said:

No,  that's just you.

??

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

That's nice and fine, so long as it brings about more IBM Watson level AI that can do things like taxes. If we get more Tay or Zo chatbots, or more virtual assistants that rival dead goldfish in usefulness, then I might as well light my 1080 on fire and RMA it.

Because at that point, Nvidia is just eagerly throwing money away.

Just now, mr moose said:

That'll somehow turn into a religious debate. Or political debate.

I can feel the thread lock already.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

2 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Nah, they'll just be the usual snide remark or derisory comment. 

Just now, mr moose said:

Could ya' snip out the part you aren't replying to?

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

Just now, Drak3 said:

Could ya' snip out the part you aren't replying to?

done.

still going to stick to my guess of CES 2018 for consumer Volta launch, Vega isnt enough of a threat for them to move it any closer then that IMO

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Just now, mr moose said:

done.

Thank you.

2 minutes ago, mr moose said:

We got a debate over religion and evolution in a thread about the eventual sales ban of petroleum fuel vehicles. Anything can happen.

If we do get another Zo, with the compute power of an array of V100's, hopefully they don't see that thread.

Might as well set the V100's on fire at that point.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

1 minute ago, Drak3 said:

We got a debate over religion and evolution in a thread about the eventual sales ban of petroleum fuel vehicles. Anything can happen.

You know, I am not surprised.   People get emotional about just about anything these days.   Funny thing is some sociologist is going to dig that thread up in 2040 when everyone loves their electric cars and transporter pods and laugh himself stupid at how ignorant we where.

Just now, mr moose said:

You know, I am not surprised.   People get emotional about just about anything these days.   Funny thing is some sociologist is going to dig that thread up in 2040 when everyone loves their electric cars and transporter pods and laugh himself stupid at how ignorant we where.

For the sake of humanity, let's hope that by 2040, every last shred of evidence that that thread existed is gone. I feel like that alone would make any AI want to kill off at least 87% of humanity, if not Zero Day us via the Faro Plague, and make Horizon Zero Dawn a real thing.

Also, they can have their electric cars, so long as I keep my diesel and gasoline trucks.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

21 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

and guess what you did with your own two tiny little hands xD

46 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

That's nice and fine, so long as it brings about more IBM Watson level AI that can do things like taxes. If we get more Tay or Zo chatbots, or more virtual assistants that rival dead goldfish in usefulness, then I might as well light my 1080 on fire and RMA it.

Because at that point, Nvidia is just eagerly throwing money away.

Probably because Deep Learning or Advanced AI discussions invariably have to deal with "reality" as it is, not as you want it to be. Thus "reality" is every "ist" you can throw at it, as differences are real.

Though turning our AI into Nazis is clearly what the Internet will do, so....

45 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

For the sake of humanity, let's hope that by 2040, every last shred of evidence that that thread existed is gone.

Once on the Net, always on the Net.

Sorry for bad Ingrish

I'm curious about who exactly they gave it to, but haven't found that info on any articles about it... :(

3 hours ago, mr moose said:

Happily/sadly they won't be able to since that thread got cleansed with fire (mostly).