Ryzen 3 initial reviews breakdown

Castdeath97

Alright guys it's time! The embargo is over and the Ryzen 3 chips reviews and prices are out!

From guru3D: 

• Ryzen 3 1200 - Things get even better though, these are properly clocked products at amazing prices. The Ryzen 3 1200 offers 4 cores and threads at 109 USD. This part clocks in at a 3.1 base clock with its turbo at 3.4 GHz. It is a 65W part.
  • Ryzen 3 1300X - This one will excel in everything and is called the Ryzen 3 1300X. It offers 4 cores and threads at just 129 USD. This part clocks in at a 3.4 base clock with its turbo at 3.7 GHz. It also is a 65W part.

When it comes to pricing we are looking at 110 for the Ryzen 3 1200 and 130 for the Ryzen 3 1300X.

Articles:

http://www.guru3d.com/articles-pages/amd-ryzen-3-1200-and-1300x-review,1.html

https://www.pcper.com/reviews/Processors/AMD-Ryzen-3-1300X-and-1200-Processor-Review

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/amd-ryzen-3-1300x-cpu,5149.html

Conclusions of said articles 

Pcper

"For the mainstream consumer and market, we now have a complete picture of the Ryzen CPU family from AMD and I am impressed by the performance, capability, and completeness of the lineup. In a matter of just a few months, AMD has gone from irrelevant to revolutionary, rebooting the company in a way that seemed impossible just a few years ago. The Ryzen 3 1300X and 1200 are not rewriting the segment but they are reorganizing the way the sub-$150 processor market will unfold for 2017 and beyond."

Guru3D

"If there has ever been a processor series that is going to change things in a certain segment, it's Ryzen 3. Quad cores for 109 or 129 USD is just good value. You'll build a normal PC perfect for any normal workload. Intel still has a good deal to offer as well, their dual-core procs (and some models with added dual threads) will have an advantage in gaming thanks to high clocks. Also missing is an IGP of course, people out for just an Internet or HTPC will sway away. But when you build a gaming PC with a dedicated graphics solution, the sky is the limit. We do need to factor in though that for Ryzen gaming you need reasonably fast frequency memory, and that is more expensive. If you are not an overclocker, go for the Ryzen 3 1300X with its snazzy clocks and extra 200 MHz XFR range. If you are a processor tweaker (and really that takes like 5 minutes to do so) then the Ryzen 3 1200 is pure gold. I am not saying that all processors will reach 4 GHz, but the chance and likelihood they can is certainly high. With the latest motherboard BIOSes (AGESA 1006) and the right choice in memory, the issues there are gone as well. Combined with a B350 motherboard and SSD that leaves you with a really properly fast enough PC for your everyday workload and gaming experiences. Well done AMD, as both these processors are purely and truly great value. 

ATH +++

- Hilbert out"

Tom's Hardware

"PROS

• Low price
  • Four physical cores
  • Unlocked multipliers
  • Beefy bundled cooler
  • Supports inexpensive chipsets
  •  
CONS
  • No SMT7

VERDICT

AMD’s Ryzen 3 1300X sets a new benchmark for the budget market with four physical cores, unlocked multipliers, and excellent bundled coolers. All of this comes at a lower price point than Intel’s competing models. Support for overclocking on inexpensive Socket AM4 motherboards with the B350 chipset just adds to the value."

Videos:

Hardware Unboxed

Gamer Nexus

LTT

Initial impressions seem great according to most of the reviews, some units can even overclock on the stock cooler

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

I've been telling people doing >= 500 builds to wait, I hope they listened: this kills not only the i3 but also a good chunk of the i5s (i.e. any locked one).

Spoiler

Image result for threadripper box

The ryze of mordor is nearly complete

-------

Current Rig

-------

I have 4 core 3.4 GHz old intel CPU which is still pretty good for gaming. Does it mean that budget gaming rigs would use Ryzen 3 for the most of the builds?

Sorry for bad Ingrish

Coooool! :D Finally! :D Looks like I'll be building a new HTPC soon in the near future! :D:D

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

LTT video is up also, damn these little beauties destroy the competition for value, wonder what Intels' response will be? i3 4 cores?

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down. - Adam Savage

PHOΞNIX Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.75GHz | Corsair LPX 16Gb DDR4 @ 2933 | MSI B350 Tomahawk | Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ 8Gb | Intel 535 120Gb | Western Digital WD5000AAKS x2 | Cooler Master HAF XB Evo | Corsair H80 + Corsair SP120 | Cooler Master 120mm AF | Corsair SP120 | Icy Box IB-172SK-B | OCZ CX500W | Acer GF246 24" + AOC <some model> 21.5" | Steelseries Apex 350 | Steelseries Diablo 3 | Steelseries Syberia RAW Prism | Corsair HS-1 | Akai AM-A1

D.VA coming soon™ xoxo

Sapphire Acer Aspire 1410 Celeron 743 | 3Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Home x32

Vault Tec Celeron 420 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | Storage pending | Open Media Vault

gh0st Asus K50IJ T3100 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | 40Gb HDD | Ubuntu 17.04

Diskord Apple MacBook A1181 Mid-2007 Core2Duo T7400 @2.16GHz | 4Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Pro x32

Firebird//Phoeniix FX-4320 | Gigabyte 990X-Gaming SLI | Asus GTS 450 | 16Gb DDR3-1600 | 2x Intel 535 250Gb | 4x 10Tb Western Digital Red | 600W Segotep custom refurb unit | Windows 10 Pro x64 // offisite backup and dad's PC

Saint Olms Apple iPhone 6 16Gb Gold

Archon Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE

Gulliver Nokia Lumia 1320

Werkfern Nokia Lumia 520

Hydromancer Acer Liquid Z220

I wish AMD would have put out a dollar-for-dollar competitor to the G4560. Ryzen 1, maybe, with 2C4T? Compared to the inflated $80 price for a G4560 now, I'm sure the 1200 is the better price/performance, but at MSRP for the G4560 I'd bet it's much more of a toss up.

Slightly crazy to think that Intel's lowest end 4C4T part, the i5-X400, costs about $60 more at release than the 1300X. Intel's lineup is gutted. They cannibalized their own i3 by releasing 2C4T Pentiums, the i5 has been thoroughly killed by R5 (and now, seemingly R3) on price/performance, and the i7 only makes sense over the R7 if your purpose is gaming, gaming and more gaming. Intel's entire Core lineup needs to be rethought, retooled and repriced to remain competitive.

That's not to say they're in any danger. The prebuilt market is owned by Intel because consumers who know nothing more than the Intel logo greatly prefer to see that branding on their PC. They know the "Core i" brand. They don't know what "Ryzen" is, and those who know just a little bit tend to think that AMD is just a cheap Intel knockoff. Even if the enthusiast/DIY market skews heavily towards AMD for a couple of years until Intel figures out the formula for a Ryzen killer, Intel's dominance in the prebuilt market will continue and keep the Core lineup solidly ahead of Ryzen.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

5 minutes ago, The Benjamins said:

here is PC Pers article

https://www.pcper.com/reviews/Processors/AMD-Ryzen-3-1300X-and-1200-Processor-Review

Nice to see a good bump for a OC. the fact you can get this extra performance at that price point is awesome.

Hardware unboxed managed to OC it with the stock cooler to 3.9 and 4.0 GHz!

Pascal laptops guide

3 minutes ago, SuperShires said:

LTT video is up also, damn these little beauties destroy the competition for value, wonder what Intels' response will be? i3 4 cores?

Intel pulls out a technology they've had for years but never released cuz greed, drops it like its hot. IDK, that'd be fun to see.

i5 6600k and GTX 1070 but I play 1600-900. 1440p BABY!

Still, don't put too much faith in my buying decisions. xD 

1 minute ago, aisle9 said:

That's not to say they're in any danger. The prebuilt market is owned by Intel because consumers who know nothing more than the Intel logo greatly prefer to see that branding on their PC. They know the "Core i" brand. They don't know what "Ryzen" is, and those who know just a little bit tend to think that AMD is just a cheap Intel knockoff. Even if the enthusiast/DIY market skews heavily towards AMD for a couple of years until Intel figures out the formula for a Ryzen killer, Intel's dominance in the prebuilt market will continue and keep the Core lineup solidly ahead of Ryzen.

Maybe AMD has to invest in some crazy marketing like Intel does, if they can. Definitely vital.

i5 6600k and GTX 1070 but I play 1600-900. 1440p BABY!

Still, don't put too much faith in my buying decisions. xD 

10 minutes ago, Denis Rakhmanov said:

I have 4 core 3.4 GHz old intel CPU which is still pretty good for gaming. Does it mean that budget gaming rigs would use Ryzen 3 for the most of the builds?

Nah, the R5 1600 is the CPU to go for it seems. It has great performance for the price.

Pascal laptops guide

I think intel is about shitting their pants right now, a 129$ cpu is keeping pace with their 250$ cpu

Current: R2600X@4.0GHz\\ Corsair Air 280x \\ RTX 2070 \\ 16GB DDR3 2666 \\ 1KW EVGA Supernova\\ Asus B450 TUF

Old Systems: A6 5200 APU -- A10 7800K + HD6670 -- FX 9370 + 2X R9 290 -- G3258 + R9 280 -- 4690K + RX480

2 minutes ago, Castdeath97 said:

Nah, the R5 1600 is the CPU to go for it seems. It has great performance for the price.

But if you are broke student or something, where you can scrap only 150-ish$ for the CPU, would it be better to go with R3 or with Pentum/i3 2/4 core/threads?

Sorry for bad Ingrish

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

2 minutes ago, ITheSpazI said:

I think intel is about shitting their pants right now, a 129$ cpu is keeping pace with their 250$ cpu

I think they've been shitting their pants a while longer than that.

1 minute ago, Denis Rakhmanov said:

But if you are broke student or something, where you can scrap only 150-ish$ for the CPU, would it be better to go with R3 or with Pentum/i3 2/4 core/threads?

R3 if you can afford it

Although at $150, I believe the R5 1400 is within reach

7 minutes ago, aisle9 said:

I wish AMD would have put out a dollar-for-dollar competitor to the G4560. Ryzen 1, maybe, with 2C4T? Compared to the inflated $80 price for a G4560 now, I'm sure the 1200 is the better price/performance, but at MSRP for the G4560 I'd bet it's much more of a toss up.

Slightly crazy to think that Intel's lowest end 4C4T part, the i5-X400, costs about $60 more at release than the 1300X. Intel's lineup is gutted. They cannibalized their own i3 by releasing 2C4T Pentiums, the i5 has been thoroughly killed by R5 (and now, seemingly R3) on price/performance, and the i7 only makes sense over the R7 if your purpose is gaming, gaming and more gaming. Intel's entire Core lineup needs to be rethought, retooled and repriced to remain competitive.

I think that they're leaving that part for the Ryzen-based APUs: at those prices I think people actually would expect integrated graphics.

-------

Current Rig

-------

4 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

I think that they're leaving that part for the Ryzen-based APUs: at those prices I think people actually would expect integrated graphics.

Very Interested in the Ryzen APU's for my htpc upgrade is their any mention of 4k 60hz support? also the ability to play 4k blurays would be nice.

CPU: i7 5820k @4.4GHz | MoboMSI MPower X99A | RAM: 16GB DDR4 Quad Channel Corsair LP | GPU: EVGA 1080 FTW Case: Define R5 Black Window | OS: Win 10 Pro

Storage: SanDisk Ultra II 960GB 2x WD Red 4TB | PSU: EVGA 750W G2 | Display:Acer XF270HU + Dell U2515H | Cooling: Phanteks PH-TC14PE

Keyboard: Ducky One  TKL Browns | Mouse: Steel Series Rival 300 | Sound: DT990s

9 minutes ago, aisle9 said:

I dont believe thay can make it.

AMD using the same die for r3/r5/r7/epyc/threadripper. I dont believe that production cost varies much between r3 and r7, so i can't see it profitable for using zen architecture in sub-100$ market.

But i dont really know how much it really cost to produce those chips.

Intel is making each processor with individual die structure, so they can afford building small core count CPU. AMD is making only 8 core modular CPUs, so its makes more sense for them to play lego and build high core count cpus, leaving r3/r5/r7 as a development stage to get rid of all the bugs.

Sorry for bad Ingrish

1 minute ago, alexyy said:

Very Interested in the Ryzen APU's for my htpc upgrade is their any mention of 4k 60hz support? also the ability to play 4k blurays would be nice.

Don't think they said anything yet but I'd be surprised if they didn't manage: those are some fairly reasonable targets.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Just now, Denis Rakhmanov said:

I dont believe thay can make it.

AMD using the same die for r3/r5/r7/epyc/threadripper. I dont believe that production cost varies much between r3 and r7, so i can't see it profitable for using zen architecture in sub-100$ market.

But i dont really know how much it really cost to produce those chips.

Intel is making each processor with individual die structure, so they can afford building small core count CPU. AMD is making only 8 core modular CPUs, so its makes more sense for them to play lego and build high core count cpus, leaving r3/r5/r7 as a development stage to get rid of all the bugs.

The APU line is a different die.

they could make a APU with the ryzen die and vega for a top end APU.

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

6 minutes ago, ITheSpazI said:

4 minutes ago, aisle9 said:

I think they've been shitting their pants a while longer than that.

Might want to check your numbers on those claims.

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -