Ryzen 3 initial reviews breakdown

Castdeath97
15 minutes ago, Denis Rakhmanov said:

r3 doesn't kick pentium's ass in gaming. just watch LTT's video

Read proper reviews.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/amd-ryzen-3-1300x-cpu,5149.html

http://www.anandtech.com/show/11658/the-amd-ryzen-3-1300x-ryzen-3-1200-cpu-review

https://www.pcper.com/reviews/Processors/AMD-Ryzen-3-1300X-and-1200-Processor-Review/Gaming-Performance

Note that the Ryzen 3 isn't even overclocked in the Anandtech and PCPer articles, so that means a chunk of extra performance you can add across the board.

1 minute ago, Sakkura said:

Read proper reviews.

they are about the same, a bit better in some cases, a bit worse in others. It doesn't kick ass

Sorry for bad Ingrish

Just now, Denis Rakhmanov said:

they are about the same, a bit better in some cases, a bit worse in others. It doesn't kick ass

It's better almost across the board.

2 hours ago, SuperShires said:

LTT video is up also, damn these little beauties destroy the competition for value, wonder what Intels' response will be? i3 4 cores?

As I said previously on this forum. Intel should release a g4 Pentium that's unlockable to finally put these silly R3s to rest. No need for them, especially when the g4560 performs roughly the same, and is around 2.2x less the cost. 

But "mahhh upgrade path" and "competition". If CoffeeLake is compatible with z1/270 then it's going to be a quick path from hero to zero with AMD.  God, next month is going to be glorious 

And when I say hero, I'm only referring to their R5 1600. Which is the only good thing that AMD has atm.

2 minutes ago, Fonzie92 said:

And when I say hero, I'm only referring to their R5 1600. Which is the only good thing that AMD has atm.

1700 is also pretty good for its price if you are doing something other than gaming. Or gaming + streaming.

Sorry for bad Ingrish

5 minutes ago, Fonzie92 said:

That's an overly broad statement to make so boldly.  Which processor is a "good thing" depends entirely on your usage.  For some, the 1600 wouldn't be nearly enough, so it wouldn't be the only "good thing", in fact it wouldn't be a "good thing" at all.  For others, the 1600 is more than they'll ever need, so it wouldn't be the "good thing" for them, either.

1 minute ago, Jito463 said:

That's an overly broad statement to make so boldly.  Which processor is a "good thing" depends entirely on your usage.  For some, the 1600 wouldn't be nearly enough, so it wouldn't be the only "good thing", in fact it wouldn't be a "good thing" at all.  For others, the 1600 is more than they'll ever need, so it wouldn't be the "good thing" for them, either.

Well duh. However, for price:perf I think it's fair to say the R5 1600 is arguably the best money for the value and AMD's most successful chip

Just now, Fonzie92 said:

Well duh. However, for price:perf I think it's fair to say the R5 1600 is arguably the best money for the value and AMD's most successful chip

For you it is, that's the point I'm trying to get across.  It's not the best price to performance for everyone, though.

1 minute ago, Jito463 said:

For you it is, that's the point I'm trying to get across.  It's not the best price to performance for everyone, though.

In general it is.

26 minutes ago, Fonzie92 said:

As I said previously on this forum. Intel should release a g4 Pentium that's unlockable to finally put these silly R3s to rest. No need for them, especially when the g4560 performs roughly the same, and is around 2.2x less the cost. 

Doing so at a price point that would make sense would completely gut their own i3 line so they can't.

Addendum - The largest reason Intel is getting its ass kicked currently is because they are MASSIVELY overcharging for the product they've got on the market.

9 minutes ago, ravenshrike said:

Doing so at a price point that would make sense would completely gut their own i3 line so they can't.

Addendum - The largest reason Intel is getting its ass kicked currently is because they are MASSIVELY overcharging for the product they've got on the market.

Bologna. Their i3 line is already dead because of the g4560

Good one. Fills the nice tier with good performance and quad core for reasonable price. 

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

1 hour ago, Fonzie92 said:

Gamer's Nexus is so wrong with this video I unsubbed. Sick of his crap. Comparing the R3 with the i3 7350k at the end. The comparison should have been with the R5.

Pretty sure he's a rogue Intel shill.

I wouldn't say so, he just didn't word it properly. His conclusion was errr very confusing. 

Also his stock cooler seems faulty since both Tom's hardware and Hardware unboxed managed to overclock with it.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

But "mahhh upgrade path" and "competition". If CoffeeLake is compatible with z1/270 then it's going to be a quick path from hero to zero with AMD.  God, next month is going to be glorious 

No they won't. Why would they? They already have very good relationships with OEMs and a strong brand. They don't need to throw their i3 line away like that...

Pascal laptops guide

1 minute ago, Castdeath97 said:

I wouldn't say so, he just didn't word it properly. His conclusion was errr very confusing. 

Also his stock cooler seems faulty since both Tom's hardware and Hardware unboxed managed to overclock with it.

Linus had problems with his as well and said he'd recommend buying an aftermarket one too.

And no it wasn't an error, he just made the comparison unfair because he's a rogue Intel shill. There is really nothing error prone here. A lot of reviewers do this. You can spot them out like flies.

It's okay to have bias, but to literally do unfair comparisons is unethical and that's why I unsubbed. Sick of his crap 

1 minute ago, Castdeath97 said:

No they won't. Why would they? They already have very good relationships with OEMs and a strong brand. They don't need to throw their i3 line away like that...

i3 line is already basically dead from the g4s anyway. My idea would just kill the R3s, which I am in favor of.

Linus had problems with his as well and said he'd recommend buying an aftermarket one too.

And no it wasn't an error, he just made the comparison unfair because he's a rogue Intel shill. There is really nothing error prone here. A lot of reviewers do this. You can spot them out like flies.

It's okay to have bias, but to literally do unfair comparisons is unethical and that's why I unsubbed. Sick of his crap 

If he was an Intel shill why did he think the R5 1600(x) was so good?

i3 line is already basically dead from the g4s anyway. My idea would just kill the R3s, which I am in favor of.

I have my doubts, just like Nvidia at times Intel would probably be fine with having a slower product but would rely on its brand image instead.

I mean if they wanted to kill it they would have done so before it even came, we all knew it wasn't going to be a 4/4. Instead it looks like they are actually gutting the 64 USD pentium.

Pascal laptops guide

4 hours ago, SCHISCHKA said:

Ok so when are desktop apu coming out? End of year? These look super promising now.

They came out today as well

CPU: Amd 7800X3D | GPU: AMD 7900XTX

Pretty good chip. I am very surprised by how good the price:performance of the G4560 is though. According to PCper's review the G4560 is overall about the same I'd say, but in terms of gaming it is much better (again price:performance wise).

The R3 still seems like the better chip though, unless you are on a very, very limited budget where every dollar counts.

Gamer's Nexus is so wrong with this video I unsubbed. Sick of his crap. Comparing the R3 with the i3 7350k at the end. The comparison should have been with the R5.

Pretty sure he's a rogue Intel shill.

You sound very mad. I think the review was good.

He also compared the R3 to the R5 several points in the video and generally said that it would be better to get the R5 if you could afford to stretch your budget a bit more. Is that unfair to say as well?

I mean... You can get the i3-7350K for 130 dollars on Newegg right now. The MSRP for the 1200 is 110 dollars (20 dollar difference) and the MSRP for the 1300X is 130 dollars, the same as what the i3 costs on newegg.

Even if it wasn't on sale it would still just be a 20 dollar difference between the 1300X and the 7350K. 130 USD vs 150 USD.

I think it is valuable information to know what 20 dollars more can give you (which he brings up several times in the video, comparing the R3 to the R5 as well).

Saying that he is an Intel shill and that you unsubscribed from him just because he compared two products which costs the same (or a 20 dollar difference, depending on which R3 you're looking at) is a bit extreme, don't you think?

Besides, his other Ryzen videos have been very positive. If I was the CEO of Intel, and GN were Intel shills, then I'd fire them because they would be really bad at their jobs.

1 hour ago, Jito463 said:

1 hour ago, Jito463 said:

Price to performance is when you take the performance of a part and then divide it by the cost.

It does not factor in use case. The R3 may or may not be enough for some people, but that does not change its price:performance ratio.

The best price:performance part might not always be the best pick for someone. A card that gets 10 FPS for 15 dollars will have a better price:performance ratio than a card that gets 60 FPS for 150 dollars, but I'd rather get the 150 dollar card. That does not change the fact that the 15 dollar card has better price:performance though.

I think that's what the person you are arguing with is trying to say, and I agree.

9 minutes ago, Fonzie92 said:

Don't know about Linus but Hardware Canucks botched their video badly: no overclocking results in the video with the excuse of their motherboard and ram being bad: what kind of reviewer has only one motherboard and ram kit? 

-------

Current Rig

-------

3 hours ago, BuckGup said:

Cool beans. AMD once again is hotter, faster, cheaper better.

hotter yes, but that also being said it's but it's TDP is only 14W higher which anit bad, especially because they are soldered, making them quite easier to cool compared to intels offerings (at the same TDP), because of that I recon the same cooler could keep both of them about as cool as each other, and the overclockableness of the R3s makes them much faster and more fun for enthusiasts to play with when they build a small second PC for some reason. And ECC RAM support also makes these CPUs useful for server situations as well, as I would imagine there isn't really any CPU at that price point which support ECC and is better than the R3 performance wise (yes I know R3 is only dual channel but for some server use that's all you need)

EDIT: tell a lie turns out some pentiums and i3 support ECC now, didn't think that they did but they dis must of been a new thing they added, discard some of the server stuff then

The owner of "too many" computers, called

The Lord of all Toasters (1920X 1080ti 32GB)

The Toasted Controller (i5 4670, R9 380, 24GB)

The Semi Portable Toastie machine (i7 3612QM (was an i3) intel HD 4000 16GB)'

Bread and Butter Pudding (i7 7700HQ, 1050ti, 16GB)

Pinoutbutter Sandwhich (raspberry pi 3 B)

The Portable Slice of Bread (N270, HAHAHA, 2GB)

Muffinator (C2D E6600, Geforce 8400, 6GB, 8X2TB HDD)

Toastbuster (WIP, should be cool)

loaf and let dough (A printer that doesn't print black ink)

The Cheese Toastie (C2D (of some sort), GTX 760, 3GB, win XP gaming machine)

The Toaster (C2D, intel HD, 4GB, 2X1TB NAS)

Matter of Loaf and death (some old shitty AMD laptop)

windybread (4X E5470, intel HD, 32GB ECC) (use coming soon, maybe)

And more, several more

10 minutes ago, LAwLz said:

Saying that he is an Intel shill and that you unsubscribed from him just because he compared two products which costs the same (or a 20 dollar difference, depending on which R3 you're looking at) is a bit extreme, don't you think?

Nope. He should have been comparing the i3 7350k to the R5 towards the end there. Not the R3.

@Castdeath97 

At 18:57

He goes on, shitting on the CPU cooler, then once he mentions Intel he says "and AMD to be fair" for a second passive aggressiveness insult to AMD. 

He does this kind of crap all the time. It's called a Freudian slip, one of his best friends.

The competition argument youre complaning about is the only way you will see unlocked Pentiums. 

CPU: Amd 7800X3D | GPU: AMD 7900XTX