Ryzen 3 initial reviews breakdown

Castdeath97
1 minute ago, Fonzie92 said:

Nope. He should have been comparing the i3 7350k to the R5 towards the end there. Not the R3.

He goes on, shitting on the CPU cooler, then once he mentions Intel he says "and AMD to be fair" for a second passive aggressiveness insult to AMD. 

He does this kind of crap all the time. It's called a Freudian slip, one of his best friends.

the i3 7350K is about the same price as the 1300X, so it is a fair comparison, and the AMD and intel stock coolers for most people are good enough, and hell the AMD one is good enough you can put a slight overclock on the CPU so it's really not that bad, there is better mind you, but it anit bad

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/tTVBD3/intel-core-i3-7350k-42ghz-dual-core-processor-bx80677i37350k

The owner of "too many" computers, called

The Lord of all Toasters (1920X 1080ti 32GB)

The Toasted Controller (i5 4670, R9 380, 24GB)

The Semi Portable Toastie machine (i7 3612QM (was an i3) intel HD 4000 16GB)'

Bread and Butter Pudding (i7 7700HQ, 1050ti, 16GB)

Pinoutbutter Sandwhich (raspberry pi 3 B)

The Portable Slice of Bread (N270, HAHAHA, 2GB)

Muffinator (C2D E6600, Geforce 8400, 6GB, 8X2TB HDD)

Toastbuster (WIP, should be cool)

loaf and let dough (A printer that doesn't print black ink)

The Cheese Toastie (C2D (of some sort), GTX 760, 3GB, win XP gaming machine)

The Toaster (C2D, intel HD, 4GB, 2X1TB NAS)

Matter of Loaf and death (some old shitty AMD laptop)

windybread (4X E5470, intel HD, 32GB ECC) (use coming soon, maybe)

And more, several more

16 minutes ago, LAwLz said:

Even if it wasn't on sale it would still just be a 20 dollar difference between the 1300X and the 7350K. 130 USD vs 150 USD.

I think it is valuable information to know what 20 dollars more can give you (which he brings up several times in the video, comparing the R3 to the R5 as well).

Not the whole story: B350 boards are on average cheaper than Z270 boards. So you're not just taking into account a 20 dollar difference, you get up to a 40 or so one on average once you consider the more expensive motherboards. I agree that his comments aren't enough to declare him an intel shill but the 7350k is a crap product nobody should recommend for any reason.

-------

Current Rig

-------

13 minutes ago, grimreeper132 said:

hotter yes, but that also being said it's but it's TDP is only 14W higher which anit bad, especially because they are soldered, making them quite easier to cool compared to intels offerings (at the same TDP), because of that I recon the same cooler could keep both of them about as cool as each other, and the overclockableness of the R3s makes them much faster and more fun for enthusiasts to play with when they build a small second PC for some reason. And ECC RAM support also makes these CPUs useful for server situations as well, as I would imagine there isn't really any CPU at that price point which support ECC and is better than the R3 performance wise (yes I know R3 is only dual channel but for some server use that's all you need)

EDIT: tell a lie turns out some pentiums and i3 support ECC now, didn't think that they did but they dis must of been a new thing they added, discard some of the server stuff then

Btw I was quoting a song that seems to stay true many years after it was made

ƆԀ S₱▓Ɇ▓cs: i7 6ʇɥפᴉƎ00K (4.4ghz), Asus DeLuxe X99A II, GT҉X҉1҉0҉8҉0 Zotac Amp ExTrꍟꎭe),Si6F4Gb D???????r PlatinUm, EVGA G2 Sǝʌǝᘉ5ᙣᙍᖇᓎᙎᗅᖶt, Phanteks Enthoo Primo, 3TB WD Black, 500gb 850 Evo, H100iGeeTeeX, Windows 10, K70 R̸̢̡̭͍͕̱̭̟̩̀̀̃́̃͒̈́̈́͑̑́̆͘͜ͅG̶̦̬͊́B̸͈̝̖͗̈́, G502, HyperX Cloud 2s, Asus MX34. פN∩SW∀S 960 EVO

Just keeping this here as a backup 9̵̨̢̨̧̧̡̧̡̧̡̧̡̡̢̢̡̢̧̡̢̡̡̢̧̛̛̛̛̛̛̱̖͈̠̝̯̹͉̝̞̩̠̹̺̰̺̲̳͈̞̻̜̫̹̱̗̣͙̻̘͎̲̝͙͍͔̯̲̟̞͚̖̘͉̭̰̣͎͕̼̼̜̼͕͎̣͇͓͓͎̼̺̯͈̤̝͖̩̭͍̣̱̞̬̺̯̼̤̲͎̖̠̟͍̘̭͔̟̗̙̗̗̤̦͍̫̬͔̦̳̗̳͔̞̼̝͍̝͈̻͇̭̠͈̳͍̫̮̥̭͍͔͈̠̹̼̬̰͈̤͚̖̯͍͉͖̥̹̺͕̲̥̤̺̹̹̪̺̺̭͕͓̟̳̹͍̖͎̣̫͓͍͈͕̳̹̙̰͉͙̝̜̠̥̝̲̮̬͕̰̹̳͕̰̲̣̯̫̮͙̹̮͙̮̝̣͇̺̺͇̺̺͈̳̜̣̙̻̣̜̻̦͚̹̩͓͚̖͍̥̟͍͎̦͙̫̜͔̭̥͈̬̝̺̩͙͙͉̻̰̬̗̣͖̦͎̥̜̬̹͓͈͙̤̜̗͔̩̖̳̫̑̀̂̽̈́̈́̿͒̿̋̊͌̾̄̄̒̌͐̽̿̊͑̑̆͗̈̎̄͒̑̋͛̑͑̂͑̀͐̀͑̓͊̇͆̿͑͛͛͆́͆̓̿̇̀̓͑͆͂̓̾̏͊̀̇̍̃́̒̎̀̒̄̓̒̐̑̊̏̌̽̓͂͋̓̐̓͊̌͋̀̐̇̌̓̔͊̈̇́̏͒̋͊̓̆̋̈̀̌̔͆͑̈̐̈̍̀̉̋̈́͊̽͂̿͌͊̆̾̉͐̿̓̄̾͑̈́͗͗̂̂́̇͂̀̈́́̽̈́̓̓͂̽̓̀̄͌̐̔̄̄͒͌̈́̅̉͊̂͒̀̈́̌͂̽̀̑̏̽̀͑̐̐͋̀̀͋̓̅͋͗̍́͗̈́̆̏̇͊̌̏̔̑̐̈́͑̎͑͆̏̎́̑̍̏̒̌̊͘͘̚̕̚̕̕̚̕̚̕̕͜͜͜͜͜͝͝͠͠͝͝͝͝͝͝͝͠͝͝ͅͅͅͅͅͅͅ8̵̨̛̛̛̛̮͍͕̥͉̦̥̱̞̜̫̘̤̖̬͍͇͓̜̻̪̤̣̣̹̑͑̏̈́̐̐́̎͒̔͒̌̑̓̆̓͑̉̈́́͋̌͋͐͛͋̃̍̽̊͗͋͊̂̅͊͑́͋͛̉̏̓͌̾̈́̀͛͊̾͑̌̀̀̌̓̏̑́̄̉̌͂́͛̋͊̄͐͊̈́̀̌̆̎̿̓̔̍̎̀̍̚̕̕͘͘͘̕̚͝͝͠͠͠0̶̡̡̡̢̨̨͕̠̠͉̺̻̯̱̘͇̥͎͖̯͕̖̬̭͔̪̪͎̺̠̤̬̬̤̣̭̣͍̥̱̘̳̣̤͚̭̥͚̦͙̱̦͕̼͖͙͕͇̭͓͉͎̹̣̣͕̜͍͖̳̭͕̼̳̖̩͍͔̱̙̠̝̺̰̦̱̿̄̀͐͜͜ͅͅt̶̡̨̡̨̧̢̧̢̨̧̧̧̧̢̡̨̨̢̨̢̧̢̛̛̛̛̛̠͍̞̮͇̪͉̩̗̗͖̫͉͎͓̮̣̘̫͔̘̬̮̙̯̣͕͓̲̣͓͓̣̹̟͈̱͚̘̼̙̖̖̼̙̜̝͙̣̠̪̲̞̖̠̯̖̠̜̱͉̲̺͙̤̻̦̜͎̙̳̺̭̪̱͓̦̹̺͙̫̖̖̰̣͈͍̜̺̘͕̬̥͇̗̖̺̣̲̫̟̣̜̭̟̱̳̳̖͖͇̹̯̜̹͙̻̥̙͉͕̜͎͕̦͕̱͖͉̜̹̱̦͔͎̲̦͔̖̘̫̻̹̮̗̮̜̰͇̰͔̱͙̞̠͍͉͕̳͍̰̠̗̠̯̜̩͓̭̺̦̲̲͖̯̩̲̣̠͉̦̬͓̠̜̲͍̘͇̳̳͔̼̣͚̙͙͚͕̙̘̣̠͍̟̪̝̲͇͚̦̖͕̰̟̪͖̳̲͉͙̰̭̼̩̟̝̣̝̬̳͎̙̱͒̃̈͊̔͒͗̐̄̌͐͆̍͂̃̈́̾͗̅̐͒̓̆͛̂̾͋̍͂̂̄̇̿̈͌̅̈́̃̾̔̇̇̾̀͊͋̋̌̄͌͆͆̎̓̈́̾̊͊̇̌̔̈́̈́̀̐͊̊̍͑̊̈̓͑̀́̅̀̑̈́̽̃̽͛̇́̐̓̀͆̔̈̀̍̏̆̓̆͒̋́̋̍́̂̉͛̓̓̂̋̎́̒̏̈͋̃̽͆̓̀̔͑̈́̓͌͑̅̽́̐̍̉̑̓̈́͌̋̈́͂̊́͆͂̇̈́̔̃͌̅̈́͌͛̑̐̓̔̈́̀͊͛̐̾͐̔̾̈̃̈̄͑̓̋̇̉̉̚̕̚͘̕̚̚̕̕͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͝͝͝͠͝͝͝͝͝͠ͅͅͅͅͅi̵̢̧̢̧̡̧̢̢̧̢̢̢̡̡̡̧̧̡̡̧̛̛͈̺̲̫͕̞͓̥̖̭̜̫͉̻̗̭̖͔̮̠͇̩̹̱͈̗̭͈̤̠̮͙͇̲͙̰̳̹̲͙̜̟͚͎͓̦̫͚̻̟̰̣̲̺̦̫͓̖̯̝̬͉̯͓͈̫̭̜̱̞̹̪͔̤̜͙͓̗̗̻̟͎͇̺̘̯̲̝̫͚̰̹̫̗̳̣͙̮̱̲͕̺̠͉̫̖̟͖̦͉̟͈̭̣̹̱̖̗̺̘̦̠̯̲͔̘̱̣͙̩̻̰̠͓͙̰̺̠̖̟̗̖͉̞̣̥̝̤̫̫̜͕̻͉̺͚̣̝̥͇̭͎̖̦̙̲͈̲̠̹̼͎͕̩͓̖̥̘̱̜͙̹̝͔̭̣̮̗̞̩̣̬̯̜̻̯̩̮̩̹̻̯̬̖͂̈͂̒̇͗͑̐̌̎̑̽̑̈̈́͑̽́̊͋̿͊͋̅̐̈́͑̇̿̈́̌͌̊̅͂̎͆̏̓͂̈̿̏̃͑̏̓͆̔̋̎̕͘͘͘͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͝͝͠͠ͅͅͅͅͅͅͅͅͅZ̴̧̢̨̢̧̢̢̡̧̢̢̢̨̨̨̡̨̧̢̧̛̛̬̖͈̮̝̭̖͖̗̹̣̼̼̘̘̫̠̭̞͙͔͙̜̠̗̪̠̼̫̻͓̳̟̲̳̻̙̼͇̺͎̘̹̼͔̺̹̬̯̤̮̟͈̭̻͚̣̲͔͙̥͕̣̻̰͈̼̱̺̤̤͉̙̦̩̗͎̞͓̭̞̗͉̳̭̭̺̹̹̮͕̘̪̞̱̥͈̹̳͇̟̹̱̙͚̯̮̳̤͍̪̞̦̳̦͍̲̥̳͇̪̬̰̠͙͕̖̝̫̩̯̱̘͓͎̪͈̤̜͎̱̹̹̱̲̻͎̖̳͚̭̪̦̗̬͍̯̘̣̩̬͖̝̹̣̗̭͖̜͕̼̼̲̭͕͔̩͓̞̝͓͍̗̙̯͔̯̞̝̳̜̜͉̖̩͇̩̘̪̥̱͓̭͎͖̱̙̩̜͎̙͉̟͎͔̝̥͕͍͓̹̮̦̫͚̠̯͓̱͖͔͓̤͉̠͙̋͐̀͌̈́͆̾͆̑̔͂͒̀̊̀͋͑̂͊̅͐̿́̈́̐̀̏̋̃̄͆͒̈́̿̎́́̈̀̀͌̔͋͊̊̉̿͗͊͑̔͐̇͆͛̂̐͊̉̄̈́̄̐͂͂͒͑͗̓͑̓̾̑͋̒͐͑̾͂̎̋̃̽̂̅̇̿̍̈́́̄̍͂͑̏̐̾̎̆̉̾͂̽̈̆̔́͋͗̓̑̕͘̕͘͜͜͜͜͜͝͝͝͝͠͠͝ͅo̶̪͆́̀͂̂́̄̅͂̿͛̈́̿͊͗́͘͝t̴̡̨̧̨̧̡̧̨̡̢̧̢̡̨̛̪͈̣̭̺̱̪̹̺̣̬̖̣̻͈̞̙͇̩̻̫͈̝̭̟͎̻̟̻̝̱͔̝̼͍̞̼̣̘̤̯͓͉̖̠̤͔̜̙͚͓̻͓̬͓̻̜̯̱̖̳̱̗̠̝̥̩͓̗̪̙͓̖̠͎̗͎̱̮̯̮͙̩̫̹̹̖͙̙͖̻͈̙̻͇͔̙̣̱͔̜̣̭̱͈͕̠̹͙̹͇̻̼͎͍̥̘͙̘̤̜͎̟͖̹̦̺̤͍̣̼̻̱̲͎̗̹͉͙̪̞̻̹͚̰̻͈͈͊̈́̽̀̎̃̊́̈́̏̃̍̉̇̑̂̇̏̀͊̑̓͛̽͋̈́͆́̊͊̍͌̈́̓͊̌̿̂̾̐͑̓̀́͒̃̋̓͆̇̀͊̆͗̂͑͐̀͗̅̆͘̕͘̕̕͜͜͝͝͝͝͝͝͝ͅͅͅͅͅͅͅͅͅḁ̶̢̡̨̧̡̡̨̨̧̨̡̡̢̧̨̡̡̛̛̛͍̱̳͚͕̩͍̺̪̻̫̙͈̬͙̖͙̬͍̬̟̣̝̲̼̜̼̺͎̥̮̝͙̪̘̙̻͖͇͚͙̣̬̖̲̲̥̯̦̗̰̙̗̪̞̗̩̻̪̤̣̜̳̩̦̻͓̞̙͍͙̫̩̹̥͚̻̦̗̰̲̙̫̬̱̺̞̟̻͓̞͚̦̘̝̤͎̤̜̜̥̗̱͈̣̻̰̮̼̙͚͚̠͚̲̤͔̰̭̙̳͍̭͎̙͚͍̟̺͎̝͓̹̰̟͈͈̖̺͙̩̯͔̙̭̟̞̟̼̮̦̜̳͕̞̼͈̜͍̮͕̜͚̝̦̞̥̜̥̗̠̦͇͖̳͈̜̮̣͚̲̟͙̎̈́́͊̔̑̽̅͐͐͆̀͐́̓̅̈͑͑̍̿̏́͆͌̋̌̃̒̽̀̋̀̃̏̌́͂̿̃̎̐͊̒̀̊̅͒̎͆̿̈́̑̐̒̀̈́̓̾͋͆̇̋͒̎̈̄̓̂͊̆͂̈́̒̎͐̇̍̆̋̅̿̔͒̄̇̂̋̈́͆̎̔̇͊̊̈́̔̏͋́̀͂̈́̊͋͂̍̾̓͛̇̔̚͘̚̕̚͘͘̕̕̕̚͘͘̚̕̚̕͜͜͜͝͝͝͝͝͝͝͝ͅͅͅͅͅç̵̧̢̨̢̢̢̧̧̡̨̡̢̧̧̧̨̡̡̨̨̢̢̢̧̨̢̨̢̛̛͉̗̠͇̹̖̝͕͚͎̟̻͓̳̰̻̺̞̣͚̤͙͍͇̗̼͖͔͕͙͖̺͙̖̹̘̘̺͓̜͍̣̰̗̖̺̗̪̘̯̘͚̲͚̲̬̞̹̹͕̭͔̳̘̝̬͉̗̪͉͕̞̫͔̭̭̜͉͔̬̫͙̖̙͚͔͙͚͍̲̘͚̪̗̞̣̞̲͎͔͖̺͍͎̝͎͍̣͍̩̟͈͕̗͉̪̯͉͎͖͍̖͎̖̯̲̘̦̟̭͍͚͓͈͙̬͖̘̱̝̜̘̹̩̝̥̜͎̬͓̬͙͍͇͚̟̫͇̬̲̥̘̞̘̟̘̝̫͈̙̻͇͎̣̪̪̠̲͓͉͙͚̭̪͇̯̠̯̠͖̞̜͓̲͎͇̼̱̦͍͉͈͕͉̗̟̖̗̱̭͚͎̘͓̬͍̱͍̖̯̜̗̹̰̲̩̪͍̞̜̫̩̠͔̻̫͍͇͕̰̰̘͚͈̠̻̮͊̐̿̏̐̀̇̑̐̈͛͑͑̍̑̔̃̈́̓̈́̇̐͑̐̊̆͂̀̏͛̊̔̍̽͗͋̊̍̓̈́̏̅͌̀̽́̑͒͒̓͗̈́̎͌͂̕̚͘͘͜͜͜͜͜͠͝͝͝͝ͅͅͅͅͅͅͅS̵̡̡̧̧̨̨̡̢̡̡̡̡̧̧̡̧̢̫̯͔̼̲͉͙̱̮̭̗͖̯̤͙̜͚̰̮̝͚̥̜̞̠̤̺̝͇̻̱͙̩̲̺͍̳̤̺̖̝̳̪̻̗̮̪̖̺̹̭͍͇̗̝̱̻̳̝̖̝͎̙͉̞̱̯̙̜͇̯̻̞̱̭̗͉̰̮̞͍̫̺͙͎̙̞̯̟͓͉̹̲͖͎̼̫̩̱͇̲͓̪͉̺̞̻͎̤̥̭̺̘̻̥͇̤̖̰̘̭̳̫̙̤̻͇̪̦̭̱͎̥̟͖͕̣̤̩̟̲̭̹̦̹̣͖̖͒̈́̈́̓͗̈̄͂̈́̅̐̐̿̎̂͗̎̿̕͘͜͜͜͜͝͝ͅͅt̸̡̡̧̧̨̡̢̛̥̥̭͍̗͈̩͕͔͔̞̟͍̭͇̙̺̤͚͎͈͎͕̱͈̦͍͔͓̬͚̗̰̦͓̭̰̭̎̀̂̈́̓̒̈́̈́̂̄̋́̇̂͐͒̋̋̉͐̉̏̇͋̓̈́͐̾͋̒͒͐̊̊̀̄͆̄͆̑͆̇̊̓̚̚̕̚̕͜͠͝͝ͅͅơ̵̡̨̡̡̡̨̛̺͕̼͔̼̪̳͖͓̠̘̘̳̼͚͙͙͚̰͚͚͖̥̦̥̘̖̜̰͔̠͕̦͎̞̮͚͕͍̤̠̦͍̥̝̰̖̳̫̮̪͇̤̱̜͙͔̯͙̙̼͇̹̥̜͈̲̺̝̻̮̬̼̫̞̗̣̪̱͓̺̜̠͇͚͓̳̹̥̳̠͍̫͈̟͈̘̯̬̞͔̝͍͍̥̒̐͗͒͂͆̑̀̿̏́̀͑͗̐́̀̾̓́̌̇̒̈́̌̓͐̃̈́̒̂̀̾͂̊̀̂͐̃̄̓̔̽̒̈́̇̓͌̇̂̆̒̏̊̋͊͛͌̊̇̒̅͌̄̎̔̈́͊́̽̋̈̇̈́́͊̅͂̎̃͌͊͛͂̄̽̈́̿͐̉̽̿́́̉͆̈́̒́̂̾̄̇̌̒̈̅̍̿̐͑̓͊̈́̈̋̈́̉̍̋̊̈̀̈́̾̿̌̀̈́͌̑̍́̋̒̀̂̈́́̾̏̐̅̈̑͗͐̈͂̄̾̄̈́̍̉͑͛͗͋̈́̃̄̊́́͐̀̀̽̇̓̄̓̃͋͋̂̽̔̀̎͌̈́̈́̑̓̔̀̓͐͛͆̿̋͑͛̈́͂̅̋̅͆͗̇́̀̒́̏͒̐̍͂̓͐͐̇̂̉̑̊͑̉̋̍͊̄̀͂̎͒̔͊̃̏̕̚̕̕͘͘͘̚͘̚͘̕͘̚͘̚̚̚̕͘͜͜͜͝͝͠͠͝͝͠͠͝͝͝͝͝͝͝͝͝ͅͅͅc̴̨̡̢̢̢̡̡̢̛̛̛̻͇̝̣͉͚͎͕̻̦͖̤̖͇̪̩̤̻̭̮̙̰̖̰̳̪̱̹̳̬͖̣͙̼̙̰̻̘͇͚̺̗̩̫̞̳̼̤͔͍͉̟͕̯̺͈̤̰̹̍̋́͆̾̆̊͆͋̀͑͒̄̿̄̀̂͋̊͆́͑̑̽͊̓́̔̽̌͊̄͑͒͐̑͗̿̃̀̓̅́̿͗̈́͌̋̀̏̂͌̓́̇̀͒͋̌̌̅͋͌̆͐̀̔̒͐̊̇̿̽̀̈́̃̒̋̀̈́̃̏̂̊͗̑̊̈̇̀̌͐̈́̉̂̏͊̄͐̈̽͒̏̒̓́̌̓̅́̓̃͐͊͒̄͑̒͌̍̈́̕͘̚͘̕͘̚̕͜͝͠͝͝͝ͅǩ̴̢̢̢̧̨̢̢̢̨̨̨̢̢̢̨̧̨̡̡̢̛̛̛̛̛̛̛̜̥̩̙͕̮̪̻͈̘̯̼̰̜͚̰͖̬̳͖̣̭̼͔̲͉̭̺͚̺̟͉̝̱̲͎͉̙̥̤͚͙̬̪̜̺͙͍̱̞̭̬̩̖̤̹̤̺̦͈̰̗̰͍͇̱̤̬̬͙̙̲̙̜͖͓̙̟̙̯̪͍̺̥͔͕̝̳̹̻͇̠̣͈̰̦͓͕̩͇͈͇̖͙͍̰̲̤̞͎̟̝̝͈͖͔͖̦̮̗̬̞̞̜̬̠̹̣̣̲̮̞̤̜̤̲̙͔͕̯͔͍̤͕̣͔͙̪̫̝̣̰̬̬̭̞͔̦̟̥̣̻͉͈̮̥̦̮̦͕̤͇̺͆͆̈͗̄̀̌̔̈́̈̉̾̊̐̆̂͛̀̋́̏̀̿͒̓̈́̈́͂̽̾͗͊̋̐̓̓̀̃̊̊͑̓̈̎̇͑̆̂̉̾̾̑͊̉̃́̑͌̀̌̐̅̃̿̆̎̈́̀̒́͛̓̀̊́̋͛͒͊̆̀̃̊͋̋̾̇̒̋͂̏͗͆̂̔́̐̀́͗̅̈̋̂̎̒͊̌̉̈̈́͌̈́̔̾̊̎́͐͒̋̽̽́̾̿̚̕͘͘̚̕̕̕̚̚̕̚̕͘͜͜͜͝͠͝͝͝͝͝͝͝͝ͅͅͅͅͅͅB̸̢̧̨̡̢̧̨̡̡̨̡̨̡̡̡̢̨̢̨̛̛̛̛̛̛͉̞͚̰̭̲͈͎͕͈̦͍͈̮̪̤̻̻͉̫̱͔̞̫̦̰͈̗̯̜̩̪̲̻̖̳͖̦͎͔̮̺̬̬̼̦̠̪̤͙͍͓̜̥̙̖̫̻̜͍̻̙̖̜̹͔̗̪̜̖̼̞̣̠̫͉̯̮̤͈͎̝̪͎͇͙̦̥͙̳̫̰̪̣̱̘̤̭̱͍̦͔̖͎̺̝̰̦̱̣͙̙̤͚̲͔̘̱̜̻͔̥̻͖̭͔̜͉̺͕͙͖̜͉͕̤͚̠̩̮̟͚̗͈͙̟̞̮̬̺̻̞͔̥͉͍̦̤͓̦̻̦̯̟̰̭̝̘̩̖̝͔̳͉̗̖̱̩̩̟͙͙͛̀͐̈́̂̇͛̅̒̉̏̈́̿͐́̏̃̏̓̌̽͐̈́͛̍͗͆͛̋̔̉͂̔̂̓̌͌͋̂͆̉͑̊̎́̈́̈̂͆͑́̃̍̇̿̅̾́́̿̅̾̆̅̈́̈̓͒͌͛̃͆̋͂̏̓̅̀͂̽̂̈̈́̎̾̐͋͑̅̍̈́̑̅̄͆̓̾̈́͐̎̊͐̌̌̓͊̊̔̈́̃͗̓͊͐̌͆̓͗̓̓̾̂̽͊͗́́́̽͊͆͋͊̀̑̿̔͒̏̈́́̏͆̈́͋̒͗͂̄̇̒͐̃͑̅̍͒̎̈́̌̋́̓͂̀̇͛̋͊͆̈́̋́̍̃͒̆̕̚̚̕̕̕͘̕̚̚͘̕͜͜͜͜͝͠͠͝͠͝͝͝͝͠͝͝͝͝ͅͅͅͅͅI̵̡̢̧̨̡̢̨̡̡̢̡̧̡̢̢̢̡̢̛̛͕͎͕̩̠̹̩̺̣̳̱͈̻̮̺̟̘̩̻̫͖̟͓̩̜̙͓͇̙̱̭̰̻̫̥̗̠͍͍͚̞̘̫͉̬̫̖̖̦͖͉̖̩̩̖̤̺̥̻̝͈͎̻͓̟̹͍̲͚͙̹̟̟̯͚̳̟͕̮̻̟͈͇̩̝̼̭̯͚͕̬͇̲̲̯̰̖̙̣̝͇̠̞̙͖͎̮̬̳̥̣̺̰͔̳̳̝̩̤̦̳̞̰̩̫̟͚̱̪̘͕̫̼͉̹̹̟̮̱̤̜͚̝̠̤̖̮̯̳͖̗̹̞̜̹̭̿̏͋̒͆̔̄̃̾̓͛̾̌́̅̂͆̔͌͆͋̔̾́̈̇̐̄̑̓̂̾́̄̿̓̅̆͌̉̎̏̄͛̉͆̓̎͒͘̕̕͜͜͜͜͜͜͜͝͠ͅͅƠ̷̢̛̛̛̛̛̛̛̛̟̰͔͔͇̲̰̮̘̭̭̖̥̟̘̠̬̺̪͇̲͋͂̅̈́̍͂̽͗̾͒̇̇̒͐̍̽͊́̑̇̑̾̉̓̈̾͒̍̌̅̒̾̈́̆͌̌̾̎̽̐̅̏́̈̔͛̀̋̃͊̒̓͗͒̑͒̃͂̌̄̇̑̇͛̆̾͛̒̇̍̒̓̀̈́̄̐͂̍͊͗̎̔͌͛̂̏̉̊̎͗͊͒̂̈̽̊́̔̊̃͑̈́̑̌̋̓̅̔́́͒̄̈́̈̂͐̈̅̈̓͌̓͊́̆͌̉͐̊̉͛̓̏̓̅̈́͂̉̒̇̉̆̀̍̄̇͆͛̏̉̑̃̓͂́͋̃̆̒͋̓͊̄́̓̕̕̕̚͘͘͘̚̕̚͘̕̕͜͜͝͝͝͠͝͝͝͝͠ͅS̷̢̨̧̢̡̨̢̨̢̨̧̧̨̧͚̱̪͇̱̮̪̮̦̝͖̜͙̘̪̘̟̱͇͎̻̪͚̩͍̠̹̮͚̦̝̤͖̙͔͚̙̺̩̥̻͈̺̦͕͈̹̳̖͓̜͚̜̭͉͇͖̟͔͕̹̯̬͍̱̫̮͓̙͇̗̙̼͚̪͇̦̗̜̼̠͈̩̠͉͉̘̱̯̪̟͕̘͖̝͇̼͕̳̻̜͖̜͇̣̠̹̬̗̝͓̖͚̺̫͛̉̅̐̕͘͜͜͜͜ͅͅͅ.̶̨̢̢̨̢̨̢̛̻͙̜̼̮̝̙̣̘̗̪̜̬̳̫̙̮̣̹̥̲̥͇͈̮̟͉̰̮̪̲̗̳̰̫̙͍̦̘̠̗̥̮̹̤̼̼̩͕͉͕͇͙̯̫̩̦̟̦̹͈͔̱̝͈̤͓̻̟̮̱͖̟̹̝͉̰͊̓̏̇͂̅̀̌͑̿͆̿̿͗̽̌̈́̉̂̀̒̊̿͆̃̄͑͆̃̇͒̀͐̍̅̃̍̈́̃̕͘͜͜͝͠͠z̴̢̢̡̧̢̢̧̢̨̡̨̛̛̛̛̛̛̛̛̲͚̠̜̮̠̜̞̤̺͈̘͍̻̫͖̣̥̗̙̳͓͙̫̫͖͍͇̬̲̳̭̘̮̤̬̖̼͎̬̯̼̮͔̭̠͎͓̼̖̟͈͓̦̩̦̳̙̮̗̮̩͙͓̮̰̜͎̺̞̝̪͎̯̜͈͇̪̙͎̩͖̭̟͎̲̩͔͓͈͌́̿͐̍̓͗͑̒̈́̎͂̋͂̀͂̑͂͊͆̍͛̄̃͌͗̌́̈̊́́̅͗̉͛͌͋̂̋̇̅̔̇͊͑͆̐̇͊͋̄̈́͆̍̋̏͑̓̈́̏̀͒̂̔̄̅̇̌̀̈́̿̽̋͐̾̆͆͆̈̌̿̈́̎͌̊̓̒͐̾̇̈́̍͛̅͌̽́̏͆̉́̉̓̅́͂͛̄̆͌̈́̇͐̒̿̾͌͊͗̀͑̃̊̓̈̈́̊͒̒̏̿́͑̄̑͋̀̽̀̔̀̎̄͑̌̔́̉̐͛̓̐̅́̒̎̈͆̀̍̾̀͂̄̈́̈́̈́̑̏̈́̐̽̐́̏̂̐̔̓̉̈́͂̕̚̕͘͘̚͘̚̕̚̚̚͘̕̕̕͜͜͝͠͠͝͝͝͝͠͝͝͝͠͝͝͝͝͝͝ͅͅͅī̸̧̧̧̡̨̨̢̨̛̛̘͓̼̰̰̮̗̰͚̙̥̣͍̦̺͈̣̻͇̱͔̰͈͓͖͈̻̲̫̪̲͈̜̲̬̖̻̰̦̰͙̤̘̝̦̟͈̭̱̮̠͍̖̲͉̫͔͖͔͈̻̖̝͎̖͕͔̣͈̤̗̱̀̅̃̈́͌̿̏͋̊̇̂̀̀̒̉̄̈́͋͌̽́̈́̓̑̈̀̍͗͜͜͠͠ͅp̴̢̢̧̨̡̡̨̢̨̢̢̢̨̡̛̛͕̩͕̟̫̝͈̖̟̣̲̖̭̙͇̟̗͖͎̹͇̘̰̗̝̹̤̺͉͎̙̝̟͙͚̦͚͖̜̫̰͖̼̤̥̤̹̖͉͚̺̥̮̮̫͖͍̼̰̭̤̲͔̩̯̣͖̻͇̞̳̬͉̣̖̥̣͓̤͔̪̙͎̰̬͚̣̭̞̬͎̼͉͓̮͙͕̗̦̞̥̮̘̻͎̭̼͚͎͈͇̥̗͖̫̮̤̦͙̭͎̝͖̣̰̱̩͎̩͎̘͇̟̠̱̬͈̗͍̦̘̱̰̤̱̘̫̫̮̥͕͉̥̜̯͖̖͍̮̼̲͓̤̮͈̤͓̭̝̟̲̲̳̟̠͉̙̻͕͙̞͔̖͈̱̞͓͔̬̮͎̙̭͎̩̟̖͚̆͐̅͆̿͐̄̓̀̇̂̊̃̂̄̊̀͐̍̌̅͌̆͊̆̓́̄́̃̆͗͊́̓̀͑͐̐̇͐̍́̓̈́̓̑̈̈́̽͂́̑͒͐͋̊͊̇̇̆̑̃̈́̎͛̎̓͊͛̐̾́̀͌̐̈́͛̃̂̈̿̽̇̋̍͒̍͗̈͘̚̚͘̚͘͘͜͜͜͜͜͜͠͠͝͝ͅͅͅ☻♥■∞{╚mYÄÜXτ╕○\╚Θº£¥ΘBM@Q05♠{{↨↨▬§¶‼↕◄►☼1♦  wumbo╚̯̪̣͕̙̩̦͓͚̙̱̘̝̏̆ͤ̊̅ͩ̓̏̿͆̌Θ̼̯͉ͭͦ̃͊͑̉ͯͤ̈́ͬ͐̈́͊ͤͅº͍̪͇͖̝̣̪̙̫̞̦̥ͨ̂ͧ̄̿£̺̻̹̠̯͙͇̳ͬ̃̿͑͊ͨͣ╚̯̪̣͕̙̩̦͓͚̙̱̘̝̏̆ͤ̊̅ͩ̓̏̿͆̌Θ̼̯͉ͭͦ̃͊͑̉ͯͤ̈́ͬ͐̈́͊ͤͅº͍̪͇͖̝̣̪̙̫̞̦̥ͨ̂ͧ̄̿£̺̻̹̠̯͙͇̳ͬ̃̿͑͊ͨͣ╚̯̪̣͕̙̩̦͓͚̙̱̘̝̏̆ͤ̊̅ͩ̓̏̿͆̌Θ̼̯͉ͭͦ̃͊͑̉ͯͤ̈́ͬ͐̈́͊ͤͅº͍̪͇͖̝̣̪̙̫̞̦̥ͨ̂ͧ̄̿£̺̻̹̠̯͙͇̳ͬ̃̿͑͊ͨͣ╚̯̪̣͕̙̩̦͓͚̙̱̘̝̏̆ͤ̊̅ͩ̓̏̿͆̌Θ̼̯͉ͭͦ̃͊͑̉ͯͤ̈́ͬ͐̈́͊ͤͅº͍̪͇͖̝̣̪̙̫̞̦̥ͨ̂ͧ̄̿£̺̻̹̠̯͙͇̳ͬ̃̿͑͊ͨͣ╚̯̪̣͕̙̩̦͓͚̙̱̘̝̏̆ͤ̊̅ͩ̓̏̿͆̌Θ̼̯͉ͭͦ̃͊͑̉ͯͤ̈́ͬ͐̈́͊ͤͅº͍̪͇͖̝̣̪̙̫̞̦̥ͨ̂ͧ̄̿£̺̻̹̠̯͙͇̳ͬ̃̿͑͊ͨͣ╚̯̪̣͕̙̩̦͓͚̙̱̘̝̏̆ͤ̊̅ͩ̓̏̿͆̌Θ̼̯͉ͭͦ̃͊͑̉ͯͤ̈́ͬ͐̈́͊ͤͅº͍̪͇͖̝̣̪̙̫̞̦̥ͨ̂ͧ̄̿£̺̻̹̠̯͙͇̳ͬ̃̿͑͊ͨͣ╚̯̪̣͕̙̩̦͓͚̙̱̘̝̏̆ͤ̊̅ͩ̓̏̿͆̌Θ̼̯͉ͭͦ̃͊͑̉ͯͤ̈́ͬ͐̈́͊ͤͅº͍̪͇͖̝̣̪̙̫̞̦̥ͨ̂ͧ̄̿£̺̻̹̠̯͙͇̳ͬ̃̿͑͊ͨͣ╚̯̪̣͕̙̩̦͓͚̙̱̘̝̏̆ͤ̊̅ͩ̓̏̿͆̌Θ̼̯͉ͭͦ̃͊͑̉ͯͤ̈́ͬ͐̈́͊ͤͅº͍̪͇͖̝̣̪̙̫̞̦̥ͨ̂ͧ̄̿£̺̻̹̠̯͙͇̳ͬ̃̿͑͊ͨͣ╚̯̪̣͕̙̩̦͓͚̙̱̘̝̏̆ͤ̊̅ͩ̓̏̿͆̌Θ̼̯͉ͭͦ̃͊͑̉ͯͤ̈́ͬ͐̈́͊ͤͅº͍̪͇͖̝̣̪̙̫̞̦̥ͨ̂ͧ̄̿£̺̻̹̠̯͙͇̳ͬ̃̿͑͊ͨͣ╚̯̪̣͕̙̩̦͓͚̙̱̘̝̏̆ͤ̊̅ͩ̓̏̿͆̌Θ̼̯͉ͭͦ̃͊͑̉ͯͤ̈́ͬ͐̈́͊ͤͅº͍̪͇͖̝̣̪̙̫̞̦̥ͨ̂ͧ̄̿£̺̻̹̠̯͙͇̳ͬ̃̿͑͊ͨͣ╚̯̪̣͕̙̩̦͓͚̙̱̘̝̏̆ͤ̊̅ͩ̓̏̿͆̌Θ̼̯͉ͭͦ̃͊͑̉ͯͤ̈́ͬ͐̈́͊ͤͅº͍̪͇͖̝̣̪̙̫̞̦̥ͨ̂ͧ̄̿£̺̻̹̠̯͙͇̳ͬ̃̿͑͊ͨͣ╚̯̪̣͕̙̩̦͓͚̙̱̘̝̏̆ͤ̊̅ͩ̓̏̿͆̌Θ̼̯͉ͭͦ̃͊͑̉ͯͤ̈́ͬ͐̈́͊ͤͅº͍̪͇͖̝̣̪̙̫̞̦̥ͨ̂ͧ̄̿£̺̻̹̠̯͙͇̳ͬ̃̿͑͊ͨͣ╚̯̪̣͕̙̩̦͓͚̙̱̘̝̏̆ͤ̊̅ͩ̓̏̿͆̌Θ̼̯͉ͭͦ̃͊͑̉ͯͤ̈́ͬ͐̈́͊ͤͅº͍̪͇͖̝̣̪̙̫̞̦̥ͨ̂ͧ̄̿£̺̻̹̠̯͙͇̳ͬ̃̿͑͊ͨͣ╚̯̪̣͕̙̩̦͓͚̙̱̘̝̏̆ͤ̊̅ͩ̓̏̿͆̌Θ̼̯͉ͭͦ̃͊͑̉ͯͤ̈́ͬ͐̈́͊ͤͅº͍̪͇͖̝̣̪̙̫̞̦̥ͨ̂ͧ̄̿£̺̻̹̠̯͙͇̳ͬ̃̿͑͊ͨͣ╚̯̪̣͕̙̩̦͓͚̙̱̘̝̏̆ͤ̊̅ͩ̓̏̿͆̌Θ̼̯͉ͭͦ̃͊͑̉ͯͤ̈́ͬ͐̈́͊ͤͅº͍̪͇͖̝̣̪̙̫̞̦̥ͨ̂ͧ̄̿£̺̻̹̠̯͙͇̳ͬ̃̿͑͊ͨͣ

5 minutes ago, Fonzie92 said:

Nope. He should have been comparing the i3 7350k to the R5 towards the end there. Not the R3.

It's an R3 review. If you want to know how the R5 stacks up against the i3 then go and watch his R5 review.

His logic: "This is an R3 review. I am going to compare the R3 to a slightly more expensive product just so that people see what the performance difference would be if they spent a bit more. I am going to compare the R3 to both AMD's slightly more expensive offerings, as well as Intel's slightly more expensive offerings".

Your logic: "He should have made the video AMD vs Intel and then started comparing the R5 vs the i3."

For crying out loud he even says he thinks the R5 is a better choice and highly recommends that over the i5.

Do you really think people who are interested in whether or not they should buy an R5 or an i3 will think "yeah, I better look at this R3 review because I am sure that will contain an R5 vs i3 comparison".

The video is about the R3 so that's the thing he uses as his baseline for the comparisons.

6 minutes ago, Fonzie92 said:

He goes on, shitting on the CPU cooler, then once he mentions Intel he says "and AMD to be fair" for a second passive aggressiveness insult to AMD. 

You can't be for real.

He says the cooler is alright and decently quiet if you don't plan on overclocking, then he takes a jab at Intel (and throws in a "and AMD too to be fair" to be a bit more neutral) and you still calls him an Intel shill? Saying "both Intel and AMD have made bad coolers in the past" is not being passive aggressive against AMD, nor is it shilling for Intel.

Again, if he is an Intel shill then Intel should fire him because he is doing a terrible job. Even in this video he ends up recommending another AMD product instead. Just because he isn't in love with every single AMD product out there doesn't mean he is an Intel shill.

7 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

Not the whole story: B350 boards are on average cheaper than Z270 boards. So you're not just taking into account a 20 dollar difference, you get up to a 40 or so one on average once you consider the more expensive motherboards. I agree that his comments aren't enough to declare him an intel shill but the 7350k is a crap product nobody should recommend for any reason.

Don't forget the cost of a cooler. $20 bucks to get one on par with the stealth, $30+ if you actually want to even begin to stretch the 7350's legs. At that point you're hitting $200 bucks which is definitely 1600 territory.

6 minutes ago, LAwLz said:

It's an R3 review. If you want to know how the R5 stacks up against the i3 then go and watch his R5 review.

His logic: "This is an R3 review. I am going to compare the R3 to a slightly more expensive product just so that people see what the performance difference would be if they spent a bit more. I am going to compare the R3 to both AMD's slightly more expensive offerings, as well as Intel's slightly more expensive offerings".

Your logic: "He should have made the video AMD vs Intel and then started comparing the R5 vs the i3."

For crying out loud he even says he thinks the R5 is a better choice and highly recommends that over the i5.

Do you really think people who are interested in whether or not they should buy an R5 or an i3 will think "yeah, I better look at this R3 review because I am sure that will contain an R5 vs i3 comparison".

The video is about the R3 so that's the thing he uses as his baseline for the comparisons.

You can't be for real.

He says the cooler is alright and decently quiet if you don't plan on overclocking, then he takes a jab at Intel (and throws in a "and AMD too to be fair" to be a bit more neutral) and you still calls him an Intel shill? Saying "both Intel and AMD have made bad coolers in the past" is not being passive aggressive against AMD, nor is it shilling for Intel.

Again, if he is an Intel shill then Intel should fire him because he is doing a terrible job. Even in this video he ends up recommending another AMD product instead. Just because he isn't in love with every single AMD product out there doesn't mean he is an Intel shill.

He actually says the cooler is shit and should be a "hockey puck". Then takes the jab at Intel, then subtly says "to be fair" to AMD as another subtle passive aggressiveness insult. That's called a freudian slip, my friend. 

I'm not saying about exact benchmarks vs the R3. I'm saying why was he suggesting i3 7350K for $150 then why not Ryzen 5 1400 for $159 which has 4 cores and 8 threads?  

As I said, he's a rogue Intel shill. He does his shilling subtly.  

13 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

Yeah, but aren't the Z270 boards also slightly better on average?

I mean in terms of features and ports. I have not looked into B350 nor Z270 boards so I might be completely wrong. I just quickly glanced over some boards on PCPP to check.

If that's true then on one hand you could argue that the 20 dollars more for a Z270 are not wasted (if you need or can use them), but on the other hand if you don't need those features then yes it's a waste.

But still, even when you factor in the more expensive board then the difference is only ~20 dollars, so I think it is fair to include it in the review.

Oh and just to be clear, he didn't actually recommend the i3. He recommended the R5 at several points in the video. So we're not even arguing if the i3 or R3 is better. We're arguing if GN should even have compared them to begin with. I don't see how presenting more info could be bad for the viewers. Especially not when he basically just throws it out and goes "I think you should get this other AMD product instead, unless you're on a really tight budget".

1 minute ago, ravenshrike said:

Don't forget the cost of a cooler. $20 bucks to get one on par with the stealth, $30+ if you actually want to even begin to stretch the 7350's legs. At that point you're hitting $200 bucks which is definitely 1600 territory.

It seems to me like both need a decent aftermarket cooler if you want to overclock, so that ~30 dollars for the cooler will apply to both.

The Hyper212 for 25 dollars will kick the ass of the Intel stock cooler, Stealth and even Wraith cooler.

You can't just add a way better cooler to the Intel platform and go "yeah, you need this one for sure and oh look how expensive the Intel platform is now!" and then leave the AMD platform with a bad cooler.

9 minutes ago, Fonzie92 said:

That's called a freudian slip, my friend. 

10 minutes ago, Fonzie92 said:

I'm saying why was he suggesting i3 7350K for $150 then why not Ryzen 5 1400 for $159 which has 4 cores and 8 threads?  

1) He was not suggesting the i3. He merely compared the two.

2) He did suggest (as in, say it was the better buy unless you were really short on cash) the Ryzen 5 at several times in the video.

I am starting to think that you didn't even watch the video. Or maybe you got so angry when he wasn't deep throating AMD that you got both blinded and deafened with rage.

1 minute ago, LAwLz said:

I mean in terms of features and ports. I have not looked into B350 nor Z270 boards so I might be completely wrong. I just quickly glanced over some boards on PCPP to check.

If that's true then on one hand you could argue that the 20 dollars more for a Z270 are not wasted (if you need or can use them), but on the other hand if you don't need those features then yes it's a waste.

But still, even when you factor in the more expensive board then the difference is only ~20 dollars, so I think it is fair to include it in the review.

Oh and just to be clear, he didn't actually recommend the i3. He recommended the R5 at several points in the video. So we're not even arguing if the i3 or R3 is better. We're arguing if GN should even have compared them to begin with. I don't see how presenting more info could be bad for the viewers. Especially not when he basically just throws it out and goes "I think you should get this other AMD product instead, unless you're on a really tight budget".

It seems to me like both need a decent aftermarket cooler if you want to overclock, so that ~30 dollars for the cooler will apply to both.

The Hyper212 for 25 dollars will kick the ass of the Intel stock cooler, Stealth and even Wraith cooler.

You can't just add a way better cooler to the Intel platform and go "yeah, you need this one for sure and oh look how expensive the Intel platform is now!" and then leave the AMD platform with a bad cooler.

1) He was not suggesting the i3. He merely compared the two.

2) He did suggest (as in, say it was the better buy unless you were really short on cash) the Ryzen 5 at several times in the video.

I am starting to think that you didn't even watch the video. Or maybe you got so angry when he wasn't deep throating AMD that you got both blinded and deafened with rage.

That's not my point.... It WAS NOT A FAIR COMPARISON 

4 minutes ago, Fonzie92 said:

That's not my point.... It WAS NOT A FAIR COMPARISON 

Why was it not fair to compare the R3 to an i3?

If you say price then was the comparison against the R5 not fair either?

The point is to show people what a slightly more expensive product offers, and he does so for both the more expensive Intel and more expensive AMD products.

Would you rather he not compare it against Intel at all? Presenting more info to the viewers is not a bad thing.

He was basically saying "this is how the R3 performs. This is the performance you will get from Intel if you spend a bit more, and this is the performance you will get from AMD if you spend a bit more. We prefer spending a bit extra and getting the R5 chip instead".

How you can get that to them being Intel shills is quite frankly mind boggling to me.

3 hours ago, Jito463 said:

I'm pretty sure they just disabled 2 cores per CCX in R3, rather than disable an entire CCX.

that's interesting. however I'm pretty sure they could do a single CCX variant if they wanted to. In fact it could be exactly what they need to produce an entry level lineup at a competitive price.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

14 minutes ago, LAwLz said:

1) Z270 boards being slightly better on average is actually a fault of intel, not a feature: The fair comparison should be Z270 vs X370 but it's because AMD allows the mid-tier boards to overclock too that you actually can get decent overclocks out of a B350 board when you can get none at all from an H270

2) As @ravenshrike pointed out we also haven't factored in included cooling solution: despite the negative impressions from Linus and Gamers Nexus it should be capable of 3.6 or 3.7 without much trouble. 

(Joker is getting 3.8 on the stock cooler only but considering it might be a lucky chip let's call it 3.7)

Spoiler

If we add better cooling both chips can overclock more, but as a baseline for a budget chip the 1200 can be paired only with a relatively cheap B350 board and achieve 3.7 or so vs the similarly priced considering all of this 7350k at just the base 4.2 no overclocks (memory I'll give you that since H270 can support 2400 and given the budget it's fair to stay at this level) 

So actually I don't think that given a fair comparison the i3 comes out of top: it might on absolute performance for some tasks and games but the higher minimums should make the 1200 a far more robust choice here.

-------

Current Rig

-------

17 minutes ago, LAwLz said:

The 7350k doesn't come with any cooler. The stealth performs on par with a $20 cooler and I said as much. Moreover, if you get an aftermarket paste for the Stealth and given the stock paste is probably around IC Essential 2 level you're looking at a temp difference of up to 6.5 degrees Celsius which should be more than enough to compensate.

The 7350k doesn't come with any cooler. The stealth performs on par with a $20 cooler and I said as much. Moreover, if you get an aftermarket paste for the Stealth and given the stock paste is probably around IC Essential 2 level you're looking at a temp difference of up to 6.5 degrees Celsius which should be more than enough to compensate.

*points above* 3.8ghz with the supposedly crap small wraith cooler by joker.

-------

Current Rig

-------

3 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

1) Z270 boards being slightly better on average is actually a fault of intel, not a feature: The fair comparison should be Z270 vs X370 but it's because AMD allows the mid-tier boards to overclock too that you actually can get decent overclocks out of a B350 board when you can get none at all from an H270

How is it a fault of Intel that you pay a bit more and get a better board?

If you get more then I'd say it's a feature. A feature that costs a bit obviously, but it's definitely not a drawback.

If you want to compare Z270 vs X370 then the price difference you were mentioning before disappears.

4 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

2) As @ravenshrike pointed out we also haven't factored in included cooling solution: despite the negative impressions from Linus and Gamers Nexus it should be capable of 3.6 or 3.7 without much trouble. 

Yes, but you can overclock the i3 a bit with the stock cooler too.

I think it's fair to say that neither Intel nor the Stealth AMD cooler are particularly good, and for a mere 25 dollars you get something dramatically better.

7 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

So actually I don't think that given a fair comparison the i3 comes out of top: it might on absolute performance for some tasks and games but the higher minimums should make the 1200 a far more robust choice here.

I don't think anyone has recommended or said the i3 is a better choice. Not even Gamers Nexus did.

All they did was compare it.

3 minutes ago, ravenshrike said:

Oh shit you're right. OK then the cooler cost question is totally valid. I thought the 7350K came with a cooler.

*points above* 3.8ghz with the supposedly crap small wraith cooler by joker.

HW Unboxed pulled 3.9 and 4.0 on the 1200 and 1300X respectively.

HW Unboxed pulled 3.9 and 4.0 on the 1200 and 1300X respectively.

Yes, but that's with the fan running at 100%, and the CPU temps being at ~85 degrees.

That's clearly not something you will want to actually use.

Purely for gaming the pentium g4560 is a better value. Sad that intel are killing it off tho.

10 minutes ago, LAwLz said:

How is it a fault of Intel that you pay a bit more and get a better board?

If you get more then I'd say it's a feature. A feature that costs a bit obviously, but it's definitely not a drawback.

If you want to compare Z270 vs X370 then the price difference you were mentioning before disappears.

Yes, but you can overclock the i3 a bit with the stock cooler too.

I think it's fair to say that neither Intel nor the Stealth AMD cooler are particularly good, and for a mere 25 dollars you get something dramatically better.

I don't think anyone has recommended or said the i3 is a better choice. Not even Gamers Nexus did.

All they did was compare it.

Oh shit you're right. OK then the cooler cost question is totally valid. I thought the 7350K came with a cooler.

1) About the mobos asked and answered dude: Intel are basically dickheads for only allowing overclocking on Z270. You have no argument, the fact that H270 can't overclock absolutely is a drawback and you can blame intel for that.

2) 7350k includes no cooler afaik but if it does no: I have pointed out a video where decent overclocks are achieved with just the stock coolers so you need to point out a video where you can get 18-20% overclocks with the intel cooler and you still need a more expensive Z270 board.

EDIT: Looking at the gamers nexus article he literally names it "AMD R3 1300X Review vs. 7350K & Intel’s Preemptive Response" I really don't think he just casually threw the comparison as a curiosity as you seem to be implying: He made a terrible, unfair comparison for the aforementioned reasons that you seem bent on disagreeing with.

http://www.gamersnexus.net/hwreviews/3001-amd-r3-1300x-review-vs-7350k-intel-response

-------

Current Rig

-------

17 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

1) About the mobos asked and answered dude: Intel are basically dickheads for only allowing overclocking on Z270. You have no argument, the fact that H270 can't overclock absolutely is a drawback and you can blame intel for that.

What are you on about?

I was comparing a B350 board vs a Z270 board. Yes Intel are dickheads for not allowing overclocking on H270, but that does not make the Z270 board worse. It makes the H270 board worse.

You can't say the Z270 board is bad because the H270 boards can't overclock. That doesn't make any sense.

2) 7350k includes no cooler afaik but if it does no: I have pointed out a video where decent overclocks are achieved with just the stock coolers so you need to point out a video where you can get 18-20% overclocks with the intel cooler and you still need a more expensive Z270 board.

It doesn't, I looked it up. So you would definitely need to spend a bit extra for that as well if you went the Intel route (which I think would be a bad idea).

Trying to find overclocking results for the i3-7350K right now but it is surprisingly hard to find good ones. I mean, Anandtech got theirs to 4.8 to 5GHz, but that was not exactly a budget cooler. TweakTown also got theirs to ~5GHz, but that was with a Noctua D15 so yeah...

There seem to be quite a lot of silicon lottery with the i3. Who knows, maybe that's the case with the R3 as well? That could explain why some reviewers think they cooler is bad, and some think it is great.

EDIT: Looking at the gamers nexus article he literally names it "AMD R3 1300X Review vs. 7350K & Intel’s Preemptive Response" I really don't think he just casually threw the comparison as a curiosity as you seem to be implying: He made a terrible, unfair comparison for the aforementioned reasons that you seem bent on disagreeing with.

http://www.gamersnexus.net/hwreviews/3001-amd-r3-1300x-review-vs-7350k-intel-response

OK fair enough. That title should be changed. I don't think there is anything wrong with the content in the video though.

Remember: He does not recommend the i3 over the R3. He only compared them against each other, and he also compared the R3 against the R5. So like I said before:

41 minutes ago, LAwLz said:

Why was it not fair to compare the R3 to an i3?

If you say price then was the comparison against the R5 not fair either?

The point is to show people what a slightly more expensive product offers, and he does so for both the more expensive Intel and more expensive AMD products.

Would you rather he not compare it against Intel at all? Presenting more info to the viewers is not a bad thing.

1 hour ago, BuckGup said:

Btw I was quoting a song that seems to stay true many years after it was made

I've never heard that song, it's uuuum well yea well uuum it's a song 

The owner of "too many" computers, called

The Lord of all Toasters (1920X 1080ti 32GB)

The Toasted Controller (i5 4670, R9 380, 24GB)

The Semi Portable Toastie machine (i7 3612QM (was an i3) intel HD 4000 16GB)'

Bread and Butter Pudding (i7 7700HQ, 1050ti, 16GB)

Pinoutbutter Sandwhich (raspberry pi 3 B)

The Portable Slice of Bread (N270, HAHAHA, 2GB)

Muffinator (C2D E6600, Geforce 8400, 6GB, 8X2TB HDD)

Toastbuster (WIP, should be cool)

loaf and let dough (A printer that doesn't print black ink)

The Cheese Toastie (C2D (of some sort), GTX 760, 3GB, win XP gaming machine)

The Toaster (C2D, intel HD, 4GB, 2X1TB NAS)

Matter of Loaf and death (some old shitty AMD laptop)

windybread (4X E5470, intel HD, 32GB ECC) (use coming soon, maybe)

And more, several more

1 hour ago, Misanthrope said:

"There are no bad products, just bad prices."

The 7350K will be fine if Intel gets realistic with the price. Really that applies to their whole product range - AMD hasn't beaten Intel on raw performance, just on performance per dollar.

1 hour ago, Sauron said:

that's interesting. however I'm pretty sure they could do a single CCX variant if they wanted to. In fact it could be exactly what they need to produce an entry level lineup at a competitive price.

Raven Ridge should have a single CCX.

52 minutes ago, LAwLz said:

OK fair enough. That title should be changed. I don't think there is anything wrong with the content in the video though.

The video is just him dancing around what he actually thinks so he doesn't completely kills his reputation cause he knows how unfair his written review a.k.a. his actual thoughts, were. 

Either the video or the article get corrected or clarified, otherwise it's intellectually dishonest to bury a more controversial opinion on a low traffic website.

-------

Current Rig

-------

5 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

The video is just him dancing around what he actually thinks so he doesn't completely kills his reputation cause he knows how unfair his written review a.k.a. his actual thoughts, were. 

Again, it still doesn't make any sense to call him an Intel shill because he recommended the R5 over the R3.

His "actual thoughts" were exactly what he said in the video on multiple occasions. Get the R5 instead unless you really can't afford the slightly higher cost.

5 minutes ago, LAwLz said:

Again, it still doesn't make any sense to call him an Intel shill because he recommended the R5 over the R3.

His "actual thoughts" were exactly what he said in the video on multiple occasions. Get the R5 instead unless you really can't afford the slightly higher cost.

Why would he change the tone of the video vs the article then? Do you have another convenient rationalizon to defend his own discrepancies? 

-------

Current Rig

-------

Why would he change the tone of the video vs the article then? Do you have another convenient rationalizon to defend his own discrepancies? 

I have not looked at his article so I don't know how it differs from the video.

Everything I have said is about the video, and in that he recommends the R5 over the R3 several times, and I don't think he recommends the i3 over the R3 at any point.

Can you pinpoint exactly what is making you dislike his review so much? Because the way I see it, people (not necessarily you) are extremely mad because he compared the R3 to the i3. Being mad over that makes no sense to me since they are similar in price and Intel has tried to position it as a competitor (they recently dropped the price of it, and might do so again if Ryzen 3 becomes popular).

Is there something else I am missing? Why would anyone be mad at a reviewer comparing products against each other? I mean, getting angry over this makes as little sense to me as if someone would be angry that he compared the R3 vs the R5. It's informative.