CNN Employee Info Leak ! (Payback time !)

givingtnt

CNN-July-5-e1499282613274.jpg

So a few days ago the CNN was made fun of with a meme of trump attacking a wrestler woth the cnn logo on it, on reddit, CNN threatened and blackmailed the user and had its account removed.

Today, cnn employees are panicking, following death and rape threats after their home adress had been leaked.

Source :

http://dailycaller.com/2017/07/05/cnn-staff-reeling-after-personal-info-leaked/

Quote :

“Frustrated by our critics’ double standards,” a CNN insider said on condition of anonymity. “Frustrated that CNN staffers’ private information is being published in ‘retaliation’ — when the network made the decision to not out the Reddit user. Frustrated by the speed in which misinformation, lies and hate spreads. Frustrated that POTUS’s son has no accountability.”

Spoiler

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

Sucks it's happening to them, but what else did they expect to happen after threatening the guy? 

i5-4670K ~ RX 470 ~ Z87MX-D3H ~ MX300 525GB ~ CM Hyper 212+ ~ 12GB 1600MHz Ram ~ EarthWatts 650 ~ NZXT GAMMA ~ WD Blue 250GB

never mess with a guy who lives in his mom's basement

you see this? this is my signature. btw im Norwegian 

Spoiler

CPU - Intel I7-5820K, Motherboard - ASUS X99-A, RAM - Crucial DDR4 Ballistix Sport 16GB, GPU - MSI Geforce GTX 970, Case - Cooler Master HAF XB evo, Storage - Intel SSD 330 Series 120GB - OS, WD Desktop Blue 500GB - storage 1, Seagate Barracuda 2TB - storage 2, PSU - Corsair RM850x (overkill i know), Display(s)- AOC 24" g2460Pg, Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, 2 Noctua 120mm PWM, 1 Corsair 120mm AF RED LED, Keyboard - SpeedLink VIRTUIS Advanced, Mouse - razer deathadder chroma, Sound - Logitech Z313, SteelSeries Siberia V2 HyperX Edition, OS - Windows 10 (prefer windows 7)

4 minutes ago, noobadin said:

Sucks it's happening to them, but what else did they expect to happen after threatening the guy? 

True true

after threatening a 15 Y/O to be precise

EDIT: Article was misleading on the information when I read it - not a 15 Y/O

" when the network made the decision to not out the Reddit user "

Yeah, no, they said they'd do it if "anything changed". That is blackmail, no getting around it.

i7 2600k @ 5GHz 1.49v - EVGA GTX 1070 ACX 3.0 - 16GB DDR3 2000MHz Corsair Vengence

Asus p8z77-v lk - 480GB Samsung 870 EVO w/ W10 LTSC - 2x1TB HDD storage - 240GB SATA SSD w/ W7 - EVGA 650w 80+G G2

3x 1080p 60hz Viewsonic LCDs, 1 glorious Dell CRT running at anywhere from 60hz to 120hz

Model M w/ Soarer's adapter - Logitch g502 - Audio-Techinca M20X - Cambridge SoundWorks speakers w/ woofer

Right or wrong, this is why you don't piss of 4chan. Weaponized autism can't be beat.

This isn't victim blaming, this is the equivalent of telling someone not stick their had into a ravenous bear's mouth, or more accurately telling someone to stay out of a place called 'murder alley' after sundown.

No, it isn't your fault that you've got a knife stuck between your ribs, but you easily could've prevented this.

I deal in shitposts and shitpost accessories.

2 minutes ago, Metal_Kitty said:

Read the article, it was a 30+ male (living in his moms basement perhaps?)

4 minutes ago, ChickenCake248 said:

I wouldn't call it "payback" their employees are not the company itself. They didn't make these decisions yet they are the ones suffering.

To me it seems the article implies that it's the CNN employees involved in the blackmailing. 

Karma is a bitch. CNN can suck it. This is what happens when they use all the dirty tactics they accuse others of using, themselves. Lying, blackmailing (coercing), spreading fake news, shitting on journalistic integrity (#nothingburger), and then claiming victim status under journalistic rights, when people are fed up and push back. This is GamerGate all over again, but with the mainstream general media instead of gamer focused media. 

Get rekt CNN.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

15 minutes ago, Metal_Kitty said:

Actually he's not a fifteen y/o. He's a grown up man with a family. Watch the philip defranco vid on it.

13 minutes ago, Dutch-stoner said:

Read the article, it was a 30+ male (living in his moms basement perhaps?)

He has a family. He's a married man.

Karma or no karma... Rape/death threats and all those kind of things should be handled. Go to court or something. Let internal security find them people. Oh wait, trumpet would not like that...

35 minutes ago, givingtnt said:

Frustrated that POTUS’s son has no accountability.”

Wait what?

was he supposed to?

how was he even involved in this at all?

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

I'm like two news behind this, it seems: are you telling me CNN actually bothered to do something against some guy posting an animated gif somewhere?

I mean, is the internet's infrastructure capable of handling the traffic that would result of everyone filing complaints every time there is any trade mark in a meme, gif, or other troll material?

Also, what was CNN's goal with it? The '90s called, they want their lessons back...

Spoiler

40228a24353ec9ff03221f3857f290e0.jpg

PS: sorry, I know that the thread is about the leak of CNN's staff data, but as I said, the "prequel" is still sinking in for me... :P 

6 minutes ago, RadiatingLight said:

Wait what?

was he supposed to?

Tweeted about the incident. Something about them targeting a kid. It wasn't a kid though. That's why they talk about misinformation. Fact is: they threatened to doxx a man. They still try to claim they didn't do that. 

6 minutes ago, RadiatingLight said:

Wait what?

was he supposed to?

He Tweeted out the 4chan rumor that the person was only 15.  Which is incorrect, and it fanned the flames of hate for CNN.

Personally, I don't understand what CNN thought would happen.  Trump was massively helped by internet hate and trolling.  CNN went after someone for making a funny meme gif.  They went after internet trolls.  They stuck their dick in a hornets nest, now they are mad they are getting stung?

I understand the employees often don't have much say, and are usually just collateral damage.  But when will these companies learn you can't beat these people.  This guy was afraid of his info getting out.  But what about the next person?  What about if it really was a kid?  What if the next person is proud of what they did?

This whole thing blew up way bigger than the original.  Now making CNN memes is the new fad.  If they had just ignored it, it would have come and gone and barely anyone would remember it now.  How do these people and organizations still not understand how the internet works?  How unruly people get more riled up when you tell them they can't/shouldn't do something? 

I just don't understand how this keeps happening over and over and over and over.  I would say maybe they wanted the publicity, but the problem is they are the only ones that really lose out here.  They aren't getting much effective sympathy for all the renewed hate/vigor. 

The fact of the matter is the apology was entirely too detailed which means the email they sent to HanAssholeSolo involved significantly more detail than simply "Hey this is CNN we want to talk to you". They could quell the majority of the blackmail rumors by releasing it otherwise.

6 minutes ago, ravenshrike said:

The fact of the matter is the apology was entirely too detailed which means the email they sent to HanAssholeSolo involved significantly more detail than simply "Hey this is CNN we want to talk to you". They could quell the majority of the blackmail rumors by releasing it otherwise.

Agreed.  Plus from what this guy wrote in the past, he doesn't sound like someone who would just volunteer an apology. 

58 minutes ago, noobadin said:

Sadly, they did not just threaten A man, they threatened the concept of the internet. If they had "won", they would have set a precedence for other news outlets, politicians and possibly even court cases, to allow for widespread oppression of peoples right to free speech

I think that it's terrible for those employees, but.. What did they expect? CNN blackmailed a guy to post his name if he didn't conform to their apology threat, then they didn't apologize when the internet shitstorm erupted. I think they should have fired the guy that wrote that article, and fired the people that threatened to post his name online. I think that if they had just posted it without the threat, this still would have happened. It would have been a "hit piece" on the guy instead of a threat.

They guy that wrote the article claimed that the stupid wrestling meme opened their employees to personal threats. The meme definitely didn't do that. But the threat to the guy that posted it? That was a mistake that will probably have people quitting their jobs for fear of dying to internet trolls. I hope that writer feels the burden of every person he has put in danger.

3 minutes ago, Prysin said:

Sadly, they did not just threaten A man, they threatened the concept of the internet. If they had "won", they would have set a precedence for other news outlets, politicians and possibly even court cases, to allow for widespread oppression of peoples right to free speech

You and I both know this was a losing fight for CNN. The internet is way too passionate about free speech and anonymity. I honestly can't see a scenario where CNN would have been unaffected, except the scenario where they never posted the article in the first place.

P.S. Threaten to dox a guy? Get doxxed to high hell. I hope this teaches the MSM that they can't do whatever they want without consequences.

I used to be quite active here.