steam summer sale

magicammo

kind of a sad start tbh nothing is really on sale lol

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900HX GPU: AMD RX 6800M RAM: 16GB  SSD: 500GB NVME 

yea i expected more too 

My own build: RΛZΞR theme

CPU: Intel Core i5 7600K // CPU cooler: Cryorig H7 // Motherboard: MSI Z270 gaming pro carbon //       

Video Card: MSI Armor gtx 1070 OC 8GB // RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB 3200MHz //  

SSD: Samsung EVO 960 500GB // HDD: 2x WD yellow edition 2TB //

Case: NZXT H440 RAZER edition // Power Supply: Corsair RM550x //         

Operating Software: Windows 10 pro 64-bit

1 minute ago, Walt said:

yea i expected more too 

hopefully it gets better I was looking forward to getting dishonored 2 for a decent price since that series always goes on sale lol

Because lol:

But my favorite is this one:

i7 4790k @4.7 | GTX 1070 Strix | Z97 Sabertooth | 32GB  DDR3 2400 mhz | Intel 750 SSD | Define R5 | Corsair K70 | Steel Series Rival | XB271, 1440p, IPS, 165hz | 5.1 Surround
PC Build

Desk Build

For me the Steam Sales are just getting worse every time.

Spoiler

Main PC: CPU Xeon E3-1231 V3 - MB Asrock B85M Pro3 - RAM 16GB Kingston - GPU GTX 1070 Gainward Phoenix - PSU Corsair AX760i - Monitor  LG 22EA63 - Keyboard Corsair Strafe - Mouse Logitech G402 - Storage 2x3TB WD Green - 240GB OCZ SSD

1 minute ago, RuLeZ said:

For me the Steam Sales are just getting worse every time.

true true

Steam summer sales have been a joke for years. You can usually get games cheaper all year on sites like amazon and g2a.

Just now, FmPhenom said:

Steam summer sales have been a joke for years. You can usually get games cheaper all year on sites like amazon and g2a.

true but i like using paypal credit and i cant use that on G2A or paypal, g2a is normally my go to place tho plus steam allows returns which i like if im trying a game for the first time

2 minutes ago, FmPhenom said:

and g2a.

Gross. Still salty it took them half a year to refund a bad key and this was with sheild. Not worth the few rupees you save.

1 minute ago, Mooshi said:

Gross. Still salty it took them half a year to refund a bad key and this was with sheild. Not worth the few rupees you save.

ive been shopping with g2a for like 4 years and i have had no problems lol

4 minutes ago, Mooshi said:

Never had a bad key so I cant comment on that issue, but you save way more than a few rupees or whatever you are paying with.

Hell, green man gaming is a year long sale.

19 minutes ago, FmPhenom said:

Never had a bad key so I cant comment on that issue, but you save way more than a few rupees or whatever you are paying with.

Hell, green man gaming is a year long sale.

i never really liked greenman

Whats everyone got on their Watchlist ? I've gone through todays specials, agree with above nothing really peaks my interest so Lets hear some suggestions of Games you found Amazing that are on sale at a decent price

Redstone:
i7-4770 / Z97 / GTX 980 / Corsair 16GB  / H90 / 400C / Antec EDGE / Neutron GTX240 / Intel 240Gb / WD 2TB / BenQ XL24

Obsidian:

MSI GE60 2PE i7-4700HQ / 860M / 12GB / WE 1TB / m.Sata 256gb/Elagto USB HD Capture Card

Razer Deathadder Chroma / Razer Blackwidow TE Chroma / Kingston Cloud2's / Sennheiser 429 / Logitech Z333

Just now, valdyrgramr said:

I don't really have much that I want off my wishlist/watchlist.  I mean I did pick up 4 games already, and they were on there.  However, I'm just browsing and buying what seems worth it to me.

I did a long browse through the under $10/ Under $5 specials and nothing really took my fancy. I did however add some games to watch list, Added R6 Siege but don't even know if i'll enjoy it.  

Redstone:
i7-4770 / Z97 / GTX 980 / Corsair 16GB  / H90 / 400C / Antec EDGE / Neutron GTX240 / Intel 240Gb / WD 2TB / BenQ XL24

Obsidian:

MSI GE60 2PE i7-4700HQ / 860M / 12GB / WE 1TB / m.Sata 256gb/Elagto USB HD Capture Card

Razer Deathadder Chroma / Razer Blackwidow TE Chroma / Kingston Cloud2's / Sennheiser 429 / Logitech Z333

Just now, valdyrgramr said:

That game uses bots for sp rather than true sp, and it's more of a mp objective PVP.  It's repetitive, but some people enjoy it.  I got Fallout 4, the special edition/big blast bundle o Guilty Gear Xrd -Sign-, a Blazblue, and Garou MOW.  Was going to get the Friday the 13th game, but apparently, it's lacking in content and buggy.  I get why it's not on sale, and I can afford it...but until they add more and fix their game I'm not getting it. xD 

Fallout 4 I lost interest so quickly, which sucks as I really thought I would enjoy it. 

Hahahaha Buggy is the new cool in the gaming world it seems, Have yet to play something in a while that isn't riddled with issues, but doesn't mean it can't be enjoyed, ie: PUBG is great fun. wish I had more friends in my time zone though :(

Redstone:

Obsidian:

50 minutes ago, Not_Sean said:

Whats everyone got on their Watchlist ? I've gone through todays specials, agree with above nothing really peaks my interest so Lets hear some suggestions of Games you found Amazing that are on sale at a decent price

Doom is 15 bucks, might finally get that one, it the last game on my non-VR list I want and the VR list can wait till I get a VR headset next year.

5 minutes ago, Daniel644 said:

Doom is 15 bucks, might finally get that one, it the last game on my non-VR list I want and the VR list can wait till I get a VR headset next year.

Doom is great fun, I only played the SP and did enjoy it do wish it had a bit more of Doom 3 as in a small bit more of an immersive story, but in terms of just kill everything fun its top of the list. 

1 minute ago, valdyrgramr said:

People were tearing me a new one because I wouldn't but it in its current state, and then they went full fanboy over it.  "You won't buy it cuz you can't afford it!"  "I bought it cuz it's fun and there's no other reason you need!"  I asked about stability...content...story...gameplay...and they got mad because I wouldn't pay 40 bucks for a buggy nightmare of hide and seek with Jason Vorhees on like 3 maps. xD The sad thing is that the developers are charging you 40 bucks for a buggy beta that they call "only a scratch on the surface of what is to come!"  I'd rather wait and see said surface before throwing 40 bucks at a game that's currently lacking and broken.

hahha we all know nothing more will come, this craze of selling games in "Early Access" needs to die as badly as EA does. Its BS. its just a cover to make cash off a finished game that badly needs to be fixed and they'll sprinkle some features here and there. 

Did see Witcher 2 for super cheap, Haven't played any of them and heard the choices from 2 carry over to 3 so would be a good place to start. 

Redstone:

Obsidian:

This sale seems pretty lame compared to previous ones. I remember flash sales, and constant countdowns until refreshers, so you were always coming back and refreshing. I missed last summer sale because I was away with work. How do they work now? Are there new sales every day? Or is what we see now the entirety of the sale? There isn't much spectacular on. I was hoping to pick up PLAYERUNKNOWN but it's not on sale atm. Is there a chance of that coming up later on, or are there no "new" sales?

Gaming Build:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3800x   |  GPU: Asus ROG STRIX 2080 SUPER Advanced (2115Mhz Core | 9251Mhz Memory) |  Motherboard: Asus X570 TUF GAMING-PLUS  |  RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 3600MHz 16GB  |  PSU: Corsair RM850x  |  Storage: 1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro, 250GB Samsung 840 Evo, 500GB Samsung 840 Evo  |  Cooler: Corsair H115i Pro XT  |  Case: Lian Li PC-O11

Peripherals:

Monitor: LG 34GK950F  |  Sound: Sennheiser HD 598  |  Mic: Blue Yeti  |  Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Platinum  |  Mouse: Logitech G502

Laptop:

Asus ROG Zephryus G15

Ryzen 7 4800HS, GTX1660Ti, 16GB DDR4 3200Mhz, 512GB nVME, 144hz

NAS:

QNAP TS-451

6TB Ironwolf Pro

Just Cause 3 is cheap.

CPU R7 1700    Motherboard Asus Prime X370 Pro  RAM  24GB Corsair LPX 3000 (at 2933Mhz)    GPU EVGA GTX1070 SC  Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro M    

Storage 1 x 1TB m.2, 1x 500GB SSD, 1x 1TB HDD, 1x 8TB HDD  PSU Corsair RM1000  Cooling Thermalright Macho Rev B (tower)

Synology NAS 1 x 4TB 1 x 8TB

3 hours ago, Not_Sean said:

you should try Hollow Knight if you like 2d games

Seems alright to me. I looked through about 90 pages of sale games before I got tired.

Bought CIV 5 collection for $13. Bought the Bioshock collection for $13. Age of Empires II for $5.

Only reason I haven't bought more is because I'm not really into AAA games, or I own most of what I want already.

You can get the entire Fallout anthology for $60 with all the dlc, which is pretty fantastic.

10 hours ago, Statik said:

This sale seems pretty lame compared to previous ones. I remember flash sales, and constant countdowns until refreshers, so you were always coming back and refreshing. I missed last summer sale because I was away with work. How do they work now? Are there new sales every day? Or is what we see now the entirety of the sale? There isn't much spectacular on. I was hoping to pick up PLAYERUNKNOWN but it's not on sale atm. Is there a chance of that coming up later on, or are there no "new" sales?

Ever since Steam implemented their refund policy, they changed seasonal sales so that games would be at their lowest sale price for the duration. PUBG probably won't go on sale because the developer knows the game will still sell like hotcakes at full price.

HTC VIVE is on the Steam Sale, 50 bucks off the normal price and includes a 50 dollar Steam Gift Card, so if you are buying 50 bucks worth of games anyway it's like 700 for the Vive and you Get ST: Bridge Crew as well.

might have to really look at my finances to see if I can swing that.

there are one or two deals, had a few mates buy more than normal as they saying torrenting is becoming harder and harder for anything except AAA titles. 

I finally added HL2 with the episodes to my Lib, and grabbed the Metro series as heard great things on its story. 

Got a few things sitting on my watchlist waiting for the price to go down more but hoping that happens. 

Redstone:

Obsidian: