Anyone Looking for a Linus Tech Tips Beanbag Chair?

Hey i just sent you guys an email. I would love to buy one. Please get back to me whenever you get a chance. 

Thanks

On 6/17/2017 at 3:15 PM, LinusTech said:

They include the fill. We needed ~20 and it was literally cheaper to buy 50 from a volume seller in China than to buy 20 locally.

So we figured we'd just flip the remaining ones at about the price we paid.

To the people insinuating that we're gouging people plz show me the listing for where you can buy something like this cheaper. They're really nice.

is there any way i can just buy the cover for cheaper? i have a bean bag chair already.

Build:                                                                          

Intel Core I7 6700k (clocked to 4.6ghz)

Patriot Viper 3000mhz ddr4

ASUS maximus 8 hero (I hate this mobo)

Evga gtx 1080 superclocked

250GB Samsung 850 evo

2tb WD Black 7200rpm

Ek watercooling kit a240g with 360 expansion pack

Primochill Vue Red fluid

Corsair Graphite 600t (white)

You thought "Gee, Donald Trump sure has a great build!"

On 6/17/2017 at 3:15 PM, LinusTech said:

They include the fill. We needed ~20 and it was literally cheaper to buy 50 from a volume seller in China than to buy 20 locally.

So we figured we'd just flip the remaining ones at about the price we paid.

To the people insinuating that we're gouging people plz show me the listing for where you can buy something like this cheaper. They're really nice.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/132-Round-Extra-Large-Shiny-Bean-Bag-Multiple-Colors/15029465?wmlspartner=wlpa&adid=22222222227000578514&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=c&wl3=40844394632&wl4=pla-73628060449&wl5=9004493&wl6=&wl7=&wl8=&wl9=pla&wl10=8175035&wl11=online&wl12=15029465&wl13=&veh=sem just sayin :e (super) 

Can the crew all sign it?

CPU: Intel Xeon X5690 @4.4GHZ; Motherboard: EVGA x58 Classified 3 E770; RAM: 12 GB Corsair Dominator; GPU: Nvidia GTX 980Ti; PSU: Corsair CX-M 650W; Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Chroma; Mouse: Razer Deathadder 3.5g

• Any word yet on if any fill can be used, and if it can be purchased sans fill? If so, what kind of fill is recommended?
    I think that'd be the biggest hurdle when it comes to shipping.
  • Do you offer pick up?
    I'll be in the GVRD at the end of August if you still have one left.

On 2017-06-21 at 3:02 PM, bluefoxalex said:

Seems really damn good but if the filling is big at all the shipping to UK is probably gonna bone you

Get fill from somewhere else ;)
I can't see why it'd be hard, you just need to know the type.

On 2017-06-21 at 3:05 PM, Ganabei said:

I actually really want one, but even though I'm just south in Washington I'm still afraid of shipping.  Wonder what border patrol would say if I told them I was literally going across to pick up a bean bag chair.

Just don't be an idiot and you'll be fine. Straight forward answers, don't give any more info than asked for unless the officer seems friendly. I went across the border once to pick up 750 feet of rope. Border guard asked why and seemed friendly so my buddy said "oh, he's watched Shades of Grey a few too many times...". We had some quick, witty remarks back and forth, he asked where my friend washed his car, and we went on our way.

You have to remember you're a legal, tax paying (maybe not yet, this forum is just youngin's) citizen. It's kind of hard for them to deny you entry back into your own country. ;) 

On 2017-06-21 at 3:08 PM, MastuhWaffles said:

As much as I would love a LTT beanbag, I haven't had a beanbag that lasts over a week before whatever is inside them is outside in my room.

That's my greatest fear too. Especially since this kind of chair just begs an uncontrolled vertical descent to gain access :P

On 2017-06-21 at 3:33 PM, Daniel644 said:

Partially trolling, because honestly who pays that kind of money for BEAN BAG CHAIRS, sorry I'm getting to old for stuff like that, and partially making the point that there are plenty of options for FAR LESS that are of close enough quality that the average person would grow out of the bean bag chair phase of there life before it wore out. Just like you can buy a 2k MAC or a 1k PC and the PC will have similar specs, you can find better ground between quality/longevity and price, but maybe i'm just to much of a cheap bastard to overpay for something I see no value in.

LoL I didn't know a piece of furniture had an age limit ;) I'd find it to be a comfortable way to place a few games at the end of a long day.

On 2017-06-21 at 4:41 PM, Daniel644 said:

They CAN be, they can also be stupid expensive (like these), these chairs are like putting 64GB of RAM in a PC using a 7700k, a pointless waste of money, because you could have bought something a third the price (gone with 16GB in this analogy) and still been perfectly fine without giving up much.

Believe me I know just how expensive furnishing is, I did my living room in the last year as well. I'm also in the process of a full remodel (hence the stud framed wall in the backdrop) so I am well aware that these are a big step up from the 20 dollar crap bags you find at Walmart, but are they really all that much better then the 100-200 dollar price range bags to justify being 3-4 times that price at the retail level? I spent 1,200 on the sofas and 700 on the leather chair and like 300 on the coffee table. The Green recliner was a hand me down that I have passed on to someone else once I bought my furniture.

Haha, I was wondering why there was carpet but the walls were bare. Any idiot can drywall.

To be fair, that person with the 7700k could be running extensive PhotoShop projects...so...the RAM would be more than utilized. Just need the proper use case.

How do you find the quality and comfort of the knock off Eames chair? I've often contemplated getting one myself, though I'm waiting until I move back to Van before I drop a few grand on my man chair.

On 2017-06-26 at 1:04 AM, I'maPotato said:

Does anyone know where they originally bought these from, also how much do you think they spent on buying all 50?

They got them from a manufacturer in China, I imagine they ordered them during one of their trips.

Getting a container (not sure how they shipped them) shipped to Canada really isn't that expensive, especially when you average the cost over the number of units. I'd be shocked if they paid more than $75 per unit plus $40 per unit shipping.

1 hour ago, Vosgie said:

Posting links to a similar item that's likely not the same quality is kind of irrelevant.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

8 minutes ago, dizmo said:

Haha, I was wondering why there was carpet but the walls were bare. Any idiot can drywall.

To be fair, that person with the 7700k could be running extensive PhotoShop projects...so...the RAM would be more than utilized. Just need the proper use case.

How do you find the quality and comfort of the knock off Eames chair? I've often contemplated getting one myself, though I'm waiting until I move back to Van before I drop a few grand on my man chair.

there was carpet because this was originally a "finished" bedroom and open living space with a drop ceiling at less then 8 feet (as the drop ceiling channel was run at just down from the top of the drywall), I am in the process of converting the open living area into a kitchen and living room and raising the ceilings as there was several FEET worth of height above the drop ceiling the original builder didn't use simply to save on the cost of the drywall work, my new ceiling height will be 9'-3" at the outside with 10'-3" tray ceilings like shown in this early render of the design.

as for the knock off Eames I have never sat in a real one to give a solid comparison, but my comments on the one I got are the leather is nice but could be better (it's no Italian leather, but it's not some bonded leather shit) and the padding probably could be better but for saving over 4 grand compared to the price of the Herman Miller versions well worth it, it's really more of a statement piece then something I regularly use (i'm usually on the couch so I can stretch out and lay down), I'm a little on the tall side for the chair (your height plays a huge role in comfort level), when looking at the knockoffs you have to look at a lot of things, some are horribly inaccurate and that really screws up the comfort level of the chair, some are taller then they should be, some don't have the tilt to the seat, some only have 4 legs on the base instead of 5, I took the dimensions from the herman miller site and cross compared like a half dozen different knockoffs on Amazon before I found this one and aside from the more "plush" looking leather of the Herman Miller and a stamp they place on the bottom of the seat base I could not find anything visually different from there pictures and the dimensions matched up so I chose that one. as for overall comfort on the times I have sat in it, it's been mixed at first I didn't really like certain aspects of it, but other times I did.

living 20.jpeg

living 21.jpeg

living22.jpeg

On 6/15/2017 at 10:28 AM, CPotter said:

Hey Everyone!

We ordered bean bags chairs for us to use around the office, but after seeing the shipment we're realizing now that we ordered too many. :P 

We're selling 20 of them, each for $200 Canadian + shipping costs - see our Craigslist post for details: https://vancouver.craigslist.ca/rds/fuo/6168332707.html

We have 21 reds, 22 blues, and 7 purples. We plan on keeping 7 of each color but are flexible. 

If you're interested, please fire an email over to linustechtips@gmail.com. You can either pick it up from our office, at LTX on July 29th, or cover the cost of shipping and we can send it directly to you. We accept cash or PayPal. :) 

Thanks!

Where are the black and orange ones?

17 hours ago, Daniel644 said:

there was carpet because this was originally a "finished" bedroom and open living space with a drop ceiling at less then 8 feet (as the drop ceiling channel was run at just down from the top of the drywall), I am in the process of converting the open living area into a kitchen and living room and raising the ceilings as there was several FEET worth of height above the drop ceiling the original builder didn't use simply to save on the cost of the drywall work, my new ceiling height will be 9'-3" at the outside with 10'-3" tray ceilings like shown in this early render of the design.

as for the knock off Eames I have never sat in a real one to give a solid comparison, but my comments on the one I got are the leather is nice but could be better

-snip-

Looks like it'll turn out to be a nice pad! Did you do the renders yourself?

Haha, they definitely didn't do it for savings. it costs the same to board a room under 8 feet as one 8 feet or 9 feet. A sheet is 4 feet tall. So if they were paid by the board foot then you're using the same amount as a standard height, if they're paid hourly it's actually more work thus more expensive. It was likely just a shitty framer. The ceiling would be a little more work but really not much. Maybe an extra half hour.

Hmm, maybe it'll get better with age once everything's broken in? I looked at so many sites that sold them too but decided to hold off until I'm living in a place I plan on staying in longer than a year. I'll probably get a Stressless lounger of some sort.

Haha, a statement piece? But it's a knock off. Eh, each to their own.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

Spoiler

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

1 hour ago, dizmo said:

Looks like it'll turn out to be a nice pad! Did you do the renders yourself?

Haha, they definitely didn't do it for savings. it costs the same to board a room under 8 feet as one 8 feet or 9 feet. A sheet is 4 feet tall. So if they were paid by the board foot then you're using the same amount as a standard height, if they're paid hourly it's actually more work thus more expensive. It was likely just a shitty framer. The ceiling would be a little more work but really not much. Maybe an extra half hour.

Hmm, maybe it'll get better with age once everything's broken in? I looked at so many sites that sold them too but decided to hold off until I'm living in a place I plan on staying in longer than a year. I'll probably get a Stressless lounger of some sort.

Haha, a statement piece? But it's a knock off. Eh, each to their own.

Yeah, I did the renders myself

the drywall is 4x8 sheets stood 8 foot tall by 4 foot wide (not the other way around) to go taller would require taller drywall, the ceiling was a suspended drop ceiling so no "framing" existed other then the floor framing for the floor above (which has to have plumbing and other things for the floor above run under it and is more then 2 and a half feet above where the drywall stopped at, see second picture for reference), the channel the drop ceiling sits in at the walls was attached to the surface of the drywall which is why the ceiling was just under 8 feet (see 1st picture, the screw holes in the drywall where from the drop ceiling channel after I took it down).

the framing you see hanging down is the framing I am adding now to make the tray you see in the renders.

it may be a knock off, but it's a VISUAL statement piece regardless of whether it's a real one or not.

20170708_233134.jpg

20170708_234206.jpg

59 minutes ago, Daniel644 said:

Yeah, I did the renders myself

the drywall is 4x8 sheets stood 8 foot tall by 4 foot wide (not the other way around) to go taller would require taller drywall, the ceiling was a suspended drop ceiling so no "framing" existed other then the floor framing for the floor above (which has to have plumbing and other things for the floor above run under it and is more then 2 and a half feet above where the drywall stopped at, see second picture for reference), the channel the drop ceiling sits in at the walls was attached to the surface of the drywall which is why the ceiling was just under 8 feet (see 1st picture, the screw holes in the drywall where from the drop ceiling channel after I took it down).

the framing you see hanging down is the framing I am adding now to make the tray you see in the renders.

it may be a knock off, but it's a VISUAL statement piece regardless of whether it's a real one or not.

I'm guessing you're in the basement? Haha, that's so weird. That's a ton of wasted space for no reason. 9 foot sheets aren't really that much more than 8 foot sheets. They do cost an extra $1.40 to hang though :P

I just can't imagine a ceiling lower than 8 feet. Then again I also can't imagine doing standups for all the walls either. Do you own the place? I bet it'll greatly increase the value by the time you're done!

Ahhh that makes more sense! I was thinking wealth statement.

Spoiler

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, dizmo said:

I'm guessing you're in the basement? Haha, that's so weird. That's a ton of wasted space for no reason. 9 foot sheets aren't really that much more than 8 foot sheets. They do cost an extra $1.40 to hang though :P

I just can't imagine a ceiling lower than 8 feet. Then again I also can't imagine doing standups for all the walls either. Do you own the place? I bet it'll greatly increase the value by the time you're done!

Ahhh that makes more sense! I was thinking wealth statement.

yeah it's a basement, I prefer walk out basements as they require very little heating and cooling so it is much cheaper to live in.

thats kinda my point, especially since they ran the drywall vertically instead of horizontally all they had to do was spend an extra couple hundred bucks tops to add the extra foot, not going higher then 9 feet I can understand because it requires working around duct work, plumbing and other things that run perpendicular to the floor joists above so they have to run under the joists, which is why I'm doing the tray ceiling, so I can have all that stuff in the lower "border" of the tray then gain extra height in the middle. It's obvious they really cheaped out on finishing the basement, many of the aspects i'm changing are because of just how cheap they did things. the drop ceiling ended up around like 7'-10" so it wasn't like it was way below the 8 foot of the drywall, my moms old house had like 7 foot maybe 7'-2" drop ceilings in it's basement with no real room to go higher due to duct work and everything else.

Yes I am part owner of the house (after my parents split up my 67 year old father moved in with me and we bought the house), this will definitely boost the value significantly having a full on second living space, but the ultimate plan is to stay here and when my dad is no longer with us, I can rent the main level for enough to pay the mortgage.

definitely not a wealth statement, although even as a knock off it's still the single most expensive piece of furniture I have (heck I paid more for it then my Founders 1080ti, but I got a steal on that Founders card), I mean the couches total more, but each individual section was cheaper.

So mine just arrived to NC. I saw a box with a 50 pound warning on it and I had forgotten what I got; until I saw Linus Media Group on the side. 

This thing is worth the money. The shell is a polyester fabric, and the stuffing is wonderful; and I'm bad at unboxings so enjoy the picture. 

20170710_135019.jpg

Lunix Is An Illegal Hacker Operating System

| [CPU] Intel i7 5960X (4.5GHz) | [Mobo] ASUS Rampage V E10 | [RAM] G. Skill Ripjaws 4 64GB (8x8GB) | [CPU Cooler] Custom Acrylic | [OS Drive] Samsung 970 Pro 512GB M.2 SSD | [Storage] WD Black 4TB (x2 RAID 0) | [GPU] ASUS GTX 980 (x2 stock) | [PSU] Corsair AX1200i | [Case] Corsair 900D | [Keyboard] Corsair K95 Platinum | [Mouse] Corsair Dark Core RGB | [speakers] Logitech Z906 | [Monitors] ASUS VS278Q-P (x3 27"s) |

I might get one, my old office chair is crappy af. Will this work well as a chair for my PC setup xD. Its cheaper than any nice office/gaming chair.

On 7/13/2017 at 11:21 PM, Daniel Z. said:

I might get one, my old office chair is crappy af. Will this work well as a chair for my PC setup xD. Its cheaper than any nice office/gaming chair.

Nope it will not work, its a bean bag chair, do you know what a bean bag chair even is?

What you need in a chair is support, support for your back, your elbows.

Need vertical options and swivel, elbow support adjustments.

On 6/15/2017 at 1:49 PM, UberGamerKing said:

150$ USD for a bean bag.

Thats a bit much

Keep in mind, it says they bought each one for 600-800 Canadian rupees. I imagine the quality holds up.

i5 6600k and GTX 1070 but I play 1600-900. 1440p BABY!

Still, don't put too much faith in my buying decisions. xD 

• 1 month later...
22 hours ago, ignorantForager said:

@nicklmg I saw the Twitter post, but the craigslist ad is no longer working. Do you guys have a new link? How would I go about ordering one of these?

Same question! I sent an email but not sure if that's what I was supposed to do? Please advise!

On 8/28/2017 at 5:12 PM, Vettexl said:

I live in Cloverdale. Any pick up discounts? ;D

On 8/28/2017 at 6:44 PM, ignorantForager said:

@nicklmg I saw the Twitter post, but the craigslist ad is no longer working. Do you guys have a new link? How would I go about ordering one of these?

@CPotter

16 hours ago, mindfreak said:

Same question! I sent an email but not sure if that's what I was supposed to do? Please advise!

Hey!

If you sent an email then you are good, Tyler from our team will follow up from there and can help answer any questions you have about the chairs.

On 15-6-2017 at 7:28 PM, CPotter said:

Hey Everyone!

.. We have 21 reds, 22 blues, and 7 purples. We plan on keeping 7 of each color but are flexible. 

.. We're selling 20 of them,

So you have 50 bags.. you want to keep 21, and are selling 20.

Then what are you gonna do with the remaining 9 bags? :P

/justtrolling xD

• 4 months later...

How expensive would it be to ship one to, like, Germany? And would the LMG staff sign it?