For All The Critisism That Marijuana Gets...Do You Enjoy It?

ChillKyle

Meh. I haven't done  it much, only with friends on rare occasions. I HATE smoking (don't care if other's do it, I just hate doing it myself), so I prefer drinking.

Having some cones while playing shooter games is a pretty good time.

cant say i do it much now that i dont go to TAFE anymore, but the occasional friday hotbox with mates is fun.

Yes, I enjoy it.

I don't mind a few beers when I'm smoking though.

Will probably never be legal here in Melbourne and I cant decide if that's good or bad, considering legality will only bring taxes and higher prices.

I dont smoke it, but you ever seen a marijuana overdose? Shit dude may go asleep hard as f*ck, but when he'll wake up he'll only eat you fridge up worse than GabeN would. Seen someone have a traffic accident due to that? Nope, them dude gonna go 20km/h or wont even find exit from the parking lot.

More people died over alcohol, than marijuana...

Also, the two drugs that have the most dangerous withdrawal symptoms are probably alcohol and benzos. Withdrawal from both of them can cause you to die, and both of them are legal.

Not to say heroin and meth are any good, but I don't think that they are any worse than some legal drugs.

I used to be a brainwashed drone and joined the anti-weed campaign because the American public school systems are stupid. Later on in life when I did my education independently via studying, I realized it's all fear mongering and nothing more. Knowing this, it always irks me when someone classifies weed in the same class as crack and other drugs that are actually drugs. Shoot, cigs and alcohol are legal and those will kill you or others if you're under the influence.

I've smoked a couple of times and I haven't done anything ill to society as a resort. When I have children, I am teaching them all the fear mongering they'll encounter in life is bullshit. It's a leaf that makes you hungry..come on.

I just remembered that one story where these parents who loved their daughter, but happened to smoke every now and then had their child taken away and her foster parents ended up abusing her till she died. If you still support weed being criminalized as such, please remove yourself from the gene-pool.

http://reason.com/blog/2013/08/02/state-seizes-two-year-old-child-from-par

Hemp has a lot of good uses for it and it's rich in some proteins and vitamins.

Although I've never done it, smoking week is not bad for you. And on the other hand, I don't think it's necessarily good for you. 

But, eating hemp seeds/tablets are beneficial to the body. 

A lot of people think it's extremely bad for you because it's "illegal".

So let me ask you this: Does any drug apart from alcohol make you throw your guts up after having too much?

Cocaine, meth, and ecstasy don't even do that. But those drugs do destroy your body just like alcohol does.

Alcohol (i think) is the only drug in the world that effects every organ of your body.

And it is proven that alcohol is one of the worst drug in the world.

Whoever thinks marijuana should be band are people who are brainwashed from the government and the media.

Marijuana (back in the old days) was a necessity to grow on farms as it had so may useful properties to it.

"Despite the fact that marijuana's effects are less harmful than those of most other drugs, including alcohol and tobacco, it is the most common drug that people are arrested for possessing."

CPU: 3930k  @ stock                                  RAM: 32GB RipjawsZ @ 2133Mhz       Cooling: Custom Loop
MOBO: AsRock x79 Extreme9                      SSD: 240GB Vertex 3 (OS)                     Case: HAF XB                     LG 34um95 + Ergotron MX Arm Mount - Dual Review
  GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI                     HDD: 1TB WD Black                                PSU: Corsair AX 860                               Beyerdynamic - Custom One Pro Review

Hemp has a lot of good uses for it and it's rich in some proteins and vitamins.

Although I've never done it, smoking week is not bad for you. And on the other hand, I don't think it's necessarily good for you. 

But, eating hemp seeds/tablets are beneficial to the body. 

A lot of people think it's extremely bad for you because it's "illegal".

So let me ask you this: Does any drug apart from alcohol make you throw your guts up after having too much?

Cocaine, meth, and ecstasy don't even do that. But those drugs do destroy your body just like alcohol does.

Alcohol (i think) is the only drug in the world that effects every organ of your body.

Whoever thinks marijuana should be band are people who are brainwashed from the government and the media.

Marijuana (back in the old days) was a necessity to grow on farms as it had so may useful properties to it.

"Despite the fact that marijuana's effects are less harmful than those of most other drugs, including alcohol and tobacco, it is the most common drug that people are arrested for possessing."

Beer is the 3rd most consumed beverage after water and tea, that's kind of telling.

I just remembered that one story where these parents who loved their daughter, but happened to smoke every now and then had their child taken away and her foster parents ended up abusing her till she died. If you still support weed being criminalized as such, please remove yourself from the gene-pool.

http://reason.com/blog/2013/08/02/state-seizes-two-year-old-child-from-par

So to link point A with Z: if you smoke weed, you will lose your child and she will die.

TA DAAAAAAAAA.

No but seriously, I smoke every now and then, I don't really have a problem against it.

What I despise however, is people trying to convince me that it's an alternative to actual, modern medicine.

Yeah because if I got a headache in the morning, I will just smoke a thick joint and go high to work. What can possibly go wrong?!

Or the more absurd "weed cures cancer" Yeaaaaah, cool story bro.

So to link point A with Z: if you smoke weed, you will lose your child and she will die.

TA DAAAAAAAAA.

No but seriously, I smoke every now and then, I don't really have a problem against it.

What I despise however, is people trying to convince me that it's an alternative to actual, modern medicine.

Yeah because if I got a headache in the morning, I will just smoke a thick joint and go high to work. What can possibly go wrong?!

Or the more absurd "weed cures cancer" Yeaaaaah, cool story bro.

The point was that to condemn something relevantly harmless to that extreme, which some people do, is blatantly dangerous because it could destroy someone's life. Either by a prison sentence ruining their chances of a normal life after or worse like this little girl who lost her life because some holier than thou pricks from the state thought they know best and this disaster happened.

It's ok to smoke now and then, nothing wrong. The hardcore criminalization of it needs to go and those weed movie stereotypes are just as annoying. I think we can agree there. ;)

I used to smoke a lot of weed back in highschool, it started making me really lazy and I felt like I was stoned 24/7 (or maybe I was...?) Anyway, I couldn't get anything done so I stopped. The funny thing is that it wasn't a problem at all to stop. I just stopped, never felt even the slightest craving for it after that. 

I used to smoke a lot of weed back in highschool, it started making me really lazy and I felt like I was stoned 24/7 (or maybe I was...?) Anyway, I couldn't get anything done so I stopped. The funny thing is that it wasn't a problem at all to stop. I just stopped, never felt even the slightest craving for it after that. 

Yep.

Getting off soda is far more difficult than not smoking weed.

I dont smoke it, but you ever seen a marijuana overdose? Shit dude may go asleep hard as f*ck, but when he'll wake up he'll only eat you fridge up worse than GabeN would. Seen someone have a traffic accident due to that? Nope, them dude gonna go 20km/h or wont even find exit from the parking lot.

More people died over alcohol, than marijuana...

And there it is, folks. the dumbest argument that it is possible to make.

More people die from alcohol than crystal meth.

Never smoked, not planning on doing so either, but I support legalisation in my country. I mind people smoking around me because (specifically) tobacco makes me feel ill, and I wouldn't be surprised if second-hand smoke from a joint would do something similar, maybe less of an impact due to less toxic substances, though. However, as long as I don't have to inhale your smoke, you can smoke weed erryday for all I care. The only thing criminalisation does is create a black market anyway, so this entire "War on Drugs" thing isn't doing anything but fueling the industry more by giving money to criminal syndicates.

It's actually scientifically proven that Cannabidiol prevents cancer from spreading throughout the body. It's not a "cure" per se, but it's brilliant for damage control.

http://www.examiner.com/article/medical-marijuana-news-cannabidiol-stops-the-spread-of-breast-cancer

Yes, the non-psychotropic component which can be synthesized has worked in small trials.  That can be administers a lot more safely then smoking/ingesting weed.

To all the people saying marijuana is harmless, this is an erroneous statement, while there is no evidence that links marijuana with physical or short term illness, there is strong evidence that links its use to anxiety and schizophrenia.  Both of which are very debilitating conditions.  I am not against it, I couldn't care less what people do to their own bodies, what I am against is this erroneous information that it is safe and has no side effects, I am against any practice that will end up with my tax money supporting their care. Which is why I think smoking related illness should be removed from the public health system.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

And there it is, folks. the dumbest argument that it is possible to make.

More people die from alcohol than crystal meth.

Then compare meth to marijuana and propably second one killed less people.

<p>Eryi's Action Rule#2 - "Dont jump on the green mushroom"

Ministry of StopIt!

I dont smoke it, but you ever seen a marijuana overdose?

Unlike with other drugs you cannot overdose on marijuana. The amount you'd need to smoke to overdose on it is completely insane. It is just not possible.

You shouldn't enjoy something that ruins your life. Go play a game all day and forget about drugs. Please?

It only ruins your life if you let it. Video games can also ruin your life.

Look. Im not going to get into a debate here. But at my previous job a fellow employee drove through a fence and kept going for about 25m until he realized he had hit the fence. Drug tested positive for whackie tabacie. Now imagine if that was a human? something to consider before you go on a joy ride of psychedelic delights. If your not going to be around humans for 2-3 weeks, by all means get baked, but if you are the next day..maybe reconsider.

You shouldn't drive or operate heavy machinery under the influence of drugs, be it alcohol, marijuana or anything else. At least over here that would be against the law. I don't think you should blame that "accident" on marijuana but on the fact that your ex-co-worker is an irresponsible idiot.

Then compare meth to marijuana and propably second one killed less people.

Less people die from eating spoons than people do from heroin.

LEGALISE HEROIN.

Exactly. What song would they even play?

Please link those studies, I really want to see why anyone would put alcohol in the same level as meth or krokodile. Though, tbh, I don't expect your claim to be remotely true.

Alcohol will cause severe damage to your body (mainly liver) if you consistently drink a few litres of beer per day on average for over several years, at which point you'll be forced to stop drinking. If you consistently do meth on a daily basis then you'll be completely fucked in a matter of months. If you drink moderately every day then you will get pretty much no side effects, claiming it's as bad is meth is pure ignorance.

Unlike with other drugs you cannot overdose on marijuana. The amount you'd need to smoke to overdose on it is completely insane. It is just not possible.

It only ruins your life if you let it. Video games can also ruin your life.

You shouldn't drive or operate heavy machinery under the influence of drugs, be it alcohol, marijuana or anything else. At least over here that would be against the law. I don't think you should blame that "accident" on marijuana but on the fact that your ex-co-worker is an irresponsible idiot.

very true, though I think cartdogs post was in response to ookami's post about there never being accidents due to marijuana use.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

I smoke every month or so with friends. As long as it's just me an a couple other people, I'm good. Otherwise I get a little uneasy, but that's how I normally am with large groups of people. 

MotherboardASUS M5A97 le R2.0, CPUAMD FX-6300, Graphics CardSapphire Radeon HD 7850 2GB,

PSU: Corsair CX600M, RAM: 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws X Series, HDD1TB Seagate Barracuda, CaseCM Storm Enforcer

It's actually scientifically proven that Cannabidiol prevents cancer from spreading throughout the body. It's not a "cure" per se, but it's brilliant for damage control.

http://www.examiner.com/article/medical-marijuana-news-cannabidiol-stops-the-spread-of-breast-cancer

Sorry but that is actually total bullshit. First of all has not been confirmed to work on humans. It has only been confirmed to work on mice. Second, even on mice it does not "prevent" spreading the cancer at all. If it did, then that would have been miraculous.

It only slightly inhibits the progress of it, in mice. Meanwhile, modern cancer medications, in humans, are far more efficient in inhibiting (and sometimes actually stopping the progress of it)

So no, smoking weed is not a practical medication for cancer. Even in mice, it is not fully understood what it's relation to metastasis.

Less people die from eating spoons than people do from heroin.

LEGALISE HEROIN.

Local Cartels would love yaa, if they did legalise heroin and rest of those drugs.

<p>Eryi's Action Rule#2 - "Dont jump on the green mushroom"

Ministry of StopIt!

Please link those studies, I really want to see why anyone would put alcohol in the same level as meth or krokodile. Though, tbh, I don't expect your claim to be remotely true.

It's half true, half lie. Meth, cocaine, heroin are all worse than drinking. However, there are more alcoholics than meth and what not addicts. So for the overall damage to society, not on the individual scale, alcohol is worse.

It's half true, half lie. Meth, cocaine, heroin are all worse than drinking. However, there are more alcoholics than meth and what not addicts. So for the overall damage to society, not on the individual scale, alcohol is worse.

Except that alcohol actually benefits society as a whole and is only damaging on an individual scale. Face it, without alcohol society would stop.

Yes, people see, to forget to take into consideration proliferation when comparing various drug types and their effects.   With the high number of alcohol users in soceity researchers have little trouble finding enough data to draw conclusive results. However with marijuana use expected to be 7% it is nigh on impossible to track and control long term research.  Which makes it impossible to explain why marijuana users have much higher rates of mental illness, esp long term.