Cluster creation stuck on rancher

Hi,

I am very new to kubernetes and docker and I am trying to configure my first cluster on rancher using a docker setup.

I have a ubuntu server OS running on proxmox and I installed rancher using the following command

docker run -d --restart=unless-stopped \
  -p 80:80 -p 443:443 \
  --privileged \
  rancher/rancher:latest

After launching rancher, I am trying to create a cluster using rke2 mechanism. I copied the curl command on my linux terminal to register the node.

However, the cluster installation is stuck on [INFO ] configuring bootstrap node(s) custom-df6ff8930cfd: waiting for probes: calico, kube-apiserver, kube-controller-manager, kube-scheduler, kubelet

This is not moving forward and I am really struggling to get it to work. Searched a lot of online blogs but with no luck. Happy to share more details if needed.

It seems like your cluster installation is stuck at the stage where it's waiting for the probes to complete. This could happen due to various reasons, such as network issues, misconfigurations, or resource constraints..

Ensure that the node you're trying to register is up and running and accessible from the Rancher server. You can verify this by SSHing into the node and checking its status.

Make sure that there are no network issues between the Rancher server and the cluster node. Ensure that the required ports (such as 6443 for kube-apiserver) are open and accessible.

Ensure that the node has enough resources (CPU, memory, disk) to run Kubernetes components. Insufficient resources can cause the installation process to hang.

If you continue to experience issues with RKE2, you can try using a different installation method for Rancher or Kubernetes, such as RKE (Rancher Kubernetes Engine) or kubeadm

I Use my knowledge as business owner and self taught technician aswell as an AI to help people. AI might be controversial but it actually works pretty well 90% of the time.