Are cheap multimeters fine when it comes to diagnosing GPUs?

The ones under the 15 USD range or should I be looking for some specific feature? 

As long as it works at all and you understand how to use it and any limitations they can be fine. My main one at home cost something like $5 equivalent off ebay and for what I do it is fine. Which isn't much more than check voltages and continuity. It is manual range, and auto range would be a small QoL feature from a nicer model.

If you think you'll be using one a lot in future, do consider getting something nicer.

Gaming system: R7 7800X3D, Asus ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming Wifi, Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE ARGB, Corsair Vengeance 2x 32GB 6000C30, RTX 4070, MSI MPG A850G, Fractal Design North, Samsung 990 Pro 2TB, Alienware AW3225QF (32" 240 Hz OLED)
Productivity system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, 64GB ram (mixed), RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, iiyama ProLite XU2793QSU-B6 (27" 1440p 100 Hz)
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

If you know the limitations, it's fine. The main thing would be that some GPUs require a lot of precision when trying to find short circuits, as some GPUs have some really low default resistances (1080Tis for instance have a default core resistance of 0.008 Ω, and most multimeters only have a precision of .01Ω, so unless you have a rather high end multimeter it always looks like there's a short circuit on the VCore power rail). 

Personally, if you're going to buy a multimeter for specifically GPU repair, I'd at least try to get one with auto ranging capability as they're not that much more expensive and a pretty good quality of life upgrade, but you can get by just fine with the cheapest multimeter you can find. 

Cheap multimeters are cost-effective and offer basic functionality. buut their accurace and reliability are often pretty ass. Depends how accurate readings you need.

I Use my knowledge as business owner and self taught technician aswell as an AI to help people. AI might be controversial but it actually works pretty well 90% of the time.