Der8auer hits 5.0GHz on i9-7900X with AIO water cooling

spaniel53
2 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

If I have an issue with something, I either fix it, replace it, or turn it into something else. Can't turn CAM into anything other than what it is, and fixing it is more work than it's worth.

...but it's thoroughly endorsed by JayzTwoCents.  I must be great.  Just like AIDA64 is thoroughly endorsed by Linus for stress testing.  xD

Just now, PCGuy_5960 said:

Let's hope that Kingpin makes one :D No, but seriously, an LN2 AiO would cost way too much, so if it existed you would be able to get a 7980XE for the same price as a 7900X+ LN2 AiO :P

Sounds like he needs the good old Phase change cooling!

1dab640197aef5a291f007ad5eb785ac.jpg

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q

3 minutes ago, VagabondWraith said:

I'm going for an LN2 AIO to run 7GHz 24/7.

(If only those existed.) :D 

they do though. you are just not rich enough to run it. 

http://www.lnlcooling.com/occ-s

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

2 minutes ago, done12many2 said:

I don't think you'd be happy with what would happen to your AIO after hitting it with too much LN2.  

Oh cmon now, you're killing my hopes and dreams here. ?

CPU: Intel Core i7 7820X Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H110i GTX Mobo: MSI X299 Gaming Pro Carbon AC RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 (3000MHz/16GB 2x8) SSD: 2x Samsung 850 Evo (250/250GB) + Samsung 850 Pro (512GB) GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE (W/ EVGA Hybrid Kit) Case: Corsair Graphite Series 760T (Black) PSU: SeaSonic Platinum Series (860W) Monitor: Acer Predator XB241YU (165Hz / G-Sync) Fan Controller: NZXT Sentry Mix 2 Case Fans: Intake - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Radiator - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Rear Exhaust - 1x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC-3000 PWM

1 minute ago, tom_w141 said:

Careful there don't want you to feel let down by silicon lottery :P Tough I agree. However price/performance is still a metric I like to consider seriously, if the price is nearly double then unless performance scales near equally it puts me off, also kinda want to own a cpu the size of my fist xD 

If I decide to get a Ryzen CPU I am probably going to get a 1700X and a Crosshair 6 Hero, so idk. I will see just how much better Skylake-X is vs Ryzen and I will decide :D

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

Careful there don't want you to feel let down by silicon lottery :P Tough I agree. However price/performance is still a metric I like to consider seriously, if the price is nearly double then unless performance scales near equally it puts me off, also kinda want to own a cpu the size of my fist xD 

I live by the fact that I ain't taking money with me to the grave, so I might as well enjoy it.  

Vaaluuu or how ever the hell you spell that definitely is a secondary or tertiary concern to me.  

Just now, done12many2 said:

...but it's thoroughly endorsed by JayzTwoCents.  I must be great.  Just like AIDA64 is thoroughly endorsed by Linus for stress testing.  xD

Yeah, well sometimes Jayz' brain needs fixing. Linus' needs replaced.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

1 minute ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

If I decide to get a Ryzen CPU I am probably going to get a 1700X and a Crosshair 6 Hero, so idk. I will see just how much better Skylake-X is vs Ryzen and I will decide :D

Keep an eye out on those new Asus Strix boards. The new B350 Strix one is matching and beating the 6 Hero in some early tests; while costing a nice amount less.

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q

1 hour ago, done12many2 said:

I was going to get a 7900X and a 7740X, but with new of possible high 4's or even 5 GHz with delidding on the 7900X combined with my big loop, I may just get the 7900X.  That's the biggest thing available at launch so I'll have to wait for the 7980XE.  :(

Well at least you will be later going from 10c to 18c CPU, so it will be huge increase for you :P

1 hour ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

Yeah, I don't think they will :P

But the 7740X may be able to do 5.5GHz :D

5,5GHz seems a bit unrealistic to me.

I'm guessing it will be somehow the same as i7 7700k.

And for other Skylake-X CPUs ... 5GHz for those to 10 cores, and 4,8GHz max for higher core count CPUs. That's just my guess, but I can't wait to see results from members of this forum.

Cinebench scores incoming!

Intel i7 12700K | Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4 | Pure Loop 240mm | G.Skill 3200MHz 32GB CL14 | CM V850 G2 | RTX 3070 Phoenix | Lian Li O11 Air mini

Samsung EVO 960 M.2 250GB | Samsung EVO 860 PRO 512GB | 4x Be Quiet! Silent Wings 140mm fans

WD My Cloud 4TB

Just now, Jumper118 said:

they do though. you are just not rich enough to run it. 

http://www.lnlcooling.com/occ-s

Holy s?t. Time to run off to Vegas and try my luck. ?

CPU: Intel Core i7 7820X Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H110i GTX Mobo: MSI X299 Gaming Pro Carbon AC RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 (3000MHz/16GB 2x8) SSD: 2x Samsung 850 Evo (250/250GB) + Samsung 850 Pro (512GB) GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE (W/ EVGA Hybrid Kit) Case: Corsair Graphite Series 760T (Black) PSU: SeaSonic Platinum Series (860W) Monitor: Acer Predator XB241YU (165Hz / G-Sync) Fan Controller: NZXT Sentry Mix 2 Case Fans: Intake - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Radiator - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Rear Exhaust - 1x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC-3000 PWM

So what does this mean for Threadripper ? 

Im not buying either , probably switching over to a 1600 Ryzen , so just out of curiosity . 

The Subwoofer 

Ryzen 7 1700  /// Noctua NH-L9X65 /// Noctua NF-P14s Redux 1200PWM

ASRock Fatal1ty X370 Gaming-ITX/ac /// 16GB DDR4 G.Skill TridentZ 3066Mhz

Zotac GTX1080 Mini 

EVGA Supernova G3 650W 

Samsung 960EVO 250GB + WD Blue 2TB

I'd deter you from the X there is no need :) Crosshair is a great mobo though. The beta BIOS was so useful when Ryzen launched. Got stable beginning of April rather than mid May when the BIOS trickled down to the other boards. Also i'm on AGESA 1006 in the latest beta so I have the expanded RAM compatibility, though that was more just because I could as my RAM is OC'd above rated speed anyway :P 

3 minutes ago, done12many2 said:

I live by the fact that I ain't taking money with me to the grave, so I might as well enjoy it.  

Vaaluuu or how ever the hell you spell that definitely is a secondary or tertiary concern to me.  

I agree and would love to throw money at the wall too, however i'm far from the grave, I have a house to pay for and a family to consider so value is an important metric for me.

3 minutes ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

Agreed with @tom_w141.  No way in hell I'd get a 1700X over a 1700. 

Just now, Simon771 said:

5,5GHz seems a bit unrealistic to me.

I'm guessing it will be somehow the same as i7 7700k.

I am pretty sure that the 7740X will be a top bin 7700K and because it has more pins than the 7700K, it should be able to clock higher. 

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

9 minutes ago, VagabondWraith said:

I'm going for an LN2 AIO to run 7GHz 24/7.

(If only those existed.) :D 

They do ahah

Just now, tom_w141 said:

I'd deter you from the X there is no need :) Crosshair is a great mobo though. The beta BIOS was so useful when Ryzen launched. Got stable beginning of April rather than mid May when the BIOS trickled down to the other boards. Also i'm on AGESA 1006 in the latest beta so I have the expanded RAM compatibility, though that was more just because I could as my RAM is OC'd above rated speed anyway :P 

But X sounds better. If I was going for Ryzen, I'd buy the 1700X or 1800X, just for the X name. Like 6700 doesn't sound right; 6700K sounds perfect imo. I'm weird like that. :D 

Just now, done12many2 said:

Agreed with @tom_w141.  No way in hell I'd get a 1700X over a 1700. 

Yeah, but I am the kind of idiot who spends $30 more on his CPU to have an X in the name. (But I'll see, because the 1700 does come with a decent stock cooler :D)

Just now, tom_w141 said:

I agree and would love to throw money at the wall too, however i'm far from the grave, I have a house to pay for and a family to consider so value is an important metric for me.

I'm in the same boat bud.  I have three terrorists  kids of my own and two mortgages.  I feel your pain and joy.  

I as well have no intentions on picking out a plot anytime soon.  :D

Just now, VagabondWraith said:

But X sounds better. If I was going for Ryzen, I'd buy the 1700X or 1800X, just for the X name. Like 6700 doesn't sound right; 6700K sounds perfect imo. I'm weird like that. :D 

Yeah, but I am the kind of idiot who spends $30 more on his CPU to have an X in the name. (But I'll see, because the 1700 does come with a decent stock cooler :D)

Damn there are 2 of you in the same thread :P Oh well AMD will appreciate the extra profit i guess xD 

Just now, tom_w141 said:

Damn there are 2 of you in the same thread :P Oh well AMD will appreciate the extra profit i guess xD 

I'm still debating honestly. Should I save money and get the 1700X, or go all out performance and stick with my plan for the 7820X. I'm leaning Intel heavily, but there's just a wee bit in me telling me to check out Ryzen more...

1 minute ago, VagabondWraith said:

I'm still debating honestly. Should I save money and get the 1700X, or go all out performance and stick with my plan for the 7820X. I'm leaning Intel heavily, but there's just a wee bit in me telling me to check out Ryzen more...

I'm in the same boat man, exactly what I am debating right now. lol

1 minute ago, VagabondWraith said:

You'll end up returning the Ryzen when I crush your benchmark scores.  I can see the competitor in you.  

33 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

What happens if we don't want to waste our time and screen realistate with software like CAM, don't want to deal with buggy software, like CAM, or we know that some softwares are inaccurate on our systems, like CAM?

30 minutes ago, done12many2 said:

Too funny.  I wonder if CAM is glitchy?  xD

I use HWinfo64 myself and it serves me well on all of my rigs.  

As far as screen real estate, I don't do enough important shit to justify the screens that I'm using so I might as well stare at PC stats all day.  xD

You may like this...

i9-9900k @ 5.1GHz || EVGA 3080 ti FTW3 EK Cooled || EVGA z390 Dark || G.Skill TridentZ 32gb 4000MHz C16

970 Pro 1tb || 860 Evo 2tb || BeQuiet Dark Base Pro 900 || EVGA P2 1200w || AOC Agon AG352UCG

Cooled by: Heatkiller || Hardware Labs || Bitspower || Noctua || EKWB

6 minutes ago, VagabondWraith said:

Your profile Pic and lil bios thingy suggest you are going with Intel ;) i'd say wait for it to be benched against Ryzen. An entire R7 platform will cost you <$350 whereas the cpu alone will cost you $600 for Intel and we can't say how much those mobo's will be. So you need to seriously consider if spending over 100% more is worth less than 50% gain :) Its your money afterall. Lastly if it means Ryzen allows you to get a better GPU then thats going to make far more of a difference for gaming and rendering anyway.