Der8auer hits 5.0GHz on i9-7900X with AIO water cooling

spaniel53
Just now, done12many2 said:

I use HWinfo64 myself and it serves me well on all of my rigs.  

Why does it not work on my system? :/ I have to use HWMonitor instead :(

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

1 minute ago, tom_w141 said:

I'm talking no delid so -200

As you can see from the video, the TIM doesn't really affect overclocking headroom

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

1 minute ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

Why does it not work on my system? :/ I have to use HWMonitor instead :(

Because your running dual channel on a quad channel CPU.  Your computer hates you and is getting back at you.

Because you're running dual channel on a quad channel CPU.  Your computer hates you and is getting back at you.

My X299 system will have quad channel DDR4 at 2666 or higher :P

Just now, PCGuy_5960 said:

My X299 system will have quad channel DDR4 at 2666 or higher :P

...and I bet HWinfo64 will work on that setup somehow.  :D

Just now, tom_w141 said:

I know only allows for a 200MHz gain, see my above post.

But another guy (who didn't have a binned chip) was able to get 4.5GHz with a janky ass air cooler setup, so I am pretty sure that the average OC will be 4.6-4.8GHz :P

2 minutes ago, done12many2 said:

...and I bet HWinfo64 will work on that setup somehow.  :D

Of course it will, because this time around I am going to get a higher end ASUS board (hopefully) :D 

But another guy (who didn't have a binned chip) was able to get 4.5GHz with a janky ass air cooler setup, so I am pretty sure that the average OC will be 4.6-4.8GHz :P

That may be :) reviews will tell. Any idea when NDAs are up?

4 minutes ago, tom_w141 said:

I know only allows for a 200MHz gain, see my above post.

I've been wondering where the hell you've been?:D  You're normally on these threads like stink on shit.  

Just now, tom_w141 said:

Monday bud.

Just now, tom_w141 said:

Not so sure, but if the 7820X/7800X can do 5GHz on water, I am definitely getting one!

Just now, MageTank said:

Then use software like hwinfo64, or Aida64, lol. Or, own a decent GPU/water block that changes LED's based on temperature threshold (if you are in to that sort of thing) and just guess based on pretty colors?

Do you honestly think I'd use a software like CAM if I had issues with it, when there are good alternatives available? Only reason it ever was graced by being on my system was when I was using a HUE+ (for rudementary temp monitoring, which the RGB LED on my AiO also handles), and I got rid of it because of how poorly it works.

4 minutes ago, done12many2 said:

I use HWinfo64 myself and it serves me well on all of my rigs.

I use Corsair Link, so far it's agreed with every other utility I've used. Until I build a custom loop, I probably won't switch.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

I've been wondering where the hell you've been?:D  You're normally on these threads like stink on shit.  

Check my post history, mon-fri 9-5 UK time aka whenever i'm at work xD outside of work im a more casual user :P Yay you missed me?.. Sorta...

Just now, Drak3 said:

Do you honestly think I'd use a software like CAM if I had issues with it

Yes.

My (incomplete) memory overclocking guide: 

Does memory speed impact gaming performance? Click here to find out!

On 1/2/2017 at 9:32 PM, MageTank said:

Sometimes, we all need a little inspiration.

Not so sure, but if the 7820X/7800X can do 5GHz on water, I am definitely getting one!

I dont need an upgrade but if I was going to i'd wait to see how threadripper weighs in comparatively and eager to see its pricing. I'm betting 10C @ $600

Just now, MageTank said:

Yes.

If I have an issue with something, I either fix it, replace it, or turn it into something else. Can't turn CAM into anything other than what it is, and fixing it is more work than it's worth.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

Just now, tom_w141 said:

I dont need an upgrade but if I was going to i'd wait to see how threadripper weighs in comparatively and eager to see its pricing. I'm betting 10C @ $600

Idk, but 8 cores at 5GHz is REALLY tempting.... :D

2 minutes ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

I'm going for an LN2 AIO to run 7GHz 24/7.

(If only those existed.) :D 

CPU: Intel Core i7 7820X Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H110i GTX Mobo: MSI X299 Gaming Pro Carbon AC RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 (3000MHz/16GB 2x8) SSD: 2x Samsung 850 Evo (250/250GB) + Samsung 850 Pro (512GB) GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE (W/ EVGA Hybrid Kit) Case: Corsair Graphite Series 760T (Black) PSU: SeaSonic Platinum Series (860W) Monitor: Acer Predator XB241YU (165Hz / G-Sync) Fan Controller: NZXT Sentry Mix 2 Case Fans: Intake - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Radiator - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Rear Exhaust - 1x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC-3000 PWM

Just now, VagabondWraith said:

(If only those existed.) :D 

I don't think you'd be happy with what would happen to your AIO after hitting it with too much LN2.  

5 minutes ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

Idk, but 8 cores at 5GHz is REALLY tempting.... :D

Careful there don't want you to feel let down by silicon lottery :P Though I agree. However price/performance is still a metric I like to consider seriously, if the price is nearly double then unless performance scales near equally it puts me off, also kinda want to own a cpu the size of my fist xD 

Just now, VagabondWraith said:

Let's hope that Kingpin makes one :D No, but seriously, an LN2 AiO would cost way too much, so if it existed you would be able to get a 7980XE for the same price as a 7900X+ LN2 AiO :P