I can't sell my GTX 1070?

IsaacThePooper

I'm trying to sell my EVGA GTX 1070 FTW for only $360....

No one is like contacting me.

Is the price too high? I'm currently the cheapest 1070 in my area.

TBH it's only been about 4 days....

Yeah wait at least a week man

i5 6600k and GTX 1070 but I play 1600-900. 1440p BABY!

Still, don't put too much faith in my buying decisions. xD 

You could try putting it up with no price (as in let people bid) and see what kind of prices people are interested in paying. But maybe it's just not a techy nearby you're living in.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

2 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

I got my 1070 for 330. It was a sale they have occasionally on the Zotac 1070 mini.

i5 6600k and GTX 1070 but I play 1600-900. 1440p BABY!

Still, don't put too much faith in my buying decisions. xD 

Just now, Majestic said:

Following the links, the prices don't pan out. 

it was on sale FYI,  things don't stay on sale forever. 

USD right?

You can buy them new for less than that.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

1 minute ago, Bubblewhale said:

That's not the same card, there's a difference between the models like custom PCB, dual BIOS, RGB lightning, cooling fan, power phase. 

yes.... but, a gtx 1070 msi won't be 50% faster than a gtx 1070 asus, 5 to 6% due to overclocking, binning and other factors. 

Just now, nerdslayer1 said:

yes.... but, a gtx 1070 msi won't be 50% faster than a gtx 1070 asus, 5 to 10% due to overclocking, binning and other factors. 

People buy different models for their own use, you go buy a SC if you want then. Same reason why I bought my Lightning over a SC+.

Just now, Bubblewhale said:

People buy different models for their own use, you go buy a SC if you want then. Same reason why I bought my Lightning over a SC+.

yes, but i am not going to buy a used "better" gtx 1070 for 40$ more if i can get a new one for cheaper. 

1 minute ago, nerdslayer1 said:

yes.... but, a gtx 1070 msi won't be 50% faster than a gtx 1070 asus, 5 to 6% due to overclocking, binning and other factors. 

When you manually OC it then there is literally no difference, you have equal chances with any 1070 to get between 2000 and 2200MHz.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Just now, Enderman said:

When you manually OC it then there is literally no difference, you have equal chances with any 1070 to get between 2000 and 2200MHz.

that's my point, no one is going to pay extra 40$ for a used card, when i can buy a new card for cheaper. if you add an extra 100$, a gtx 1080 is a better option. 

yes, but i am not going to buy a used "better" gtx 1070 for 40$ more if i can get a new one for cheaper. 

For what? There's a difference in the model regardless, it's like comparing a low end Z chipset board towards a mid-high end Z chipset board and expecting to be around the same. There are features for certain cards, but just saying you should go by "X model" just because it's cheaper and not the same model isn't a fair comparison. People buy Strix over a blower cooler is for their own reason.

10 minutes ago, Bubblewhale said:

For what? There's a difference in the model regardless, it's like comparing a low end Z chipset board towards a mid-high end Z chipset board and expecting to be around the same. There are features for certain cards, but just saying you should go by "X model" just because it's cheaper and not the same model isn't a fair comparison. People buy Strix over a blower cooler is for their own reason.

not a fair comparison, you can easily overclock it, most people would just buy the new card instead of overpaying for a used one. not everyone is trying to break the 1070 OC record, OP is overpricing the GPU.  

not a fair comparison, you can easily overclock it, most people would just buy the new card instead of overpaying for a used one. not everyone is trying to break the 1070 OC record, OP is overpricing the GPU.  

Paying new for a lower end model vs used for a higher end model...never said anything about OC when never mentioned anything about binning. FTW just has more features than the basic SC models. If you don't find the features on the FTW card right for you, then don't buy it. 360 for a FTW is fair pricing considering their selling around 340-360 past month in the used market. 

1 hour ago, IsaacThePooper said:

I got a used 1070 FTW for $350 from ebay, shipping and all. a few months ago.

I think that price is reasonable, but yeah, most people are going to go buy the SC card new for cheaper. The FTW has features that most people don't care about...I just use mine for rendering in a server so the RGB lighting / dual BIOS is wasted on me. haha. It's joined by my other used 1070, the MSI Gaming X (Which actually overclocks higher / runs cooler).

4 hours ago, IsaacThePooper said:

well...your card right now is 379$ brand new...

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/Pshj4D/evga-geforce-gtx-1070-8gb-ftw-gaming-acx-30-video-card-08g-p4-6276-kr

and you can find brand new GTX 1070 with okay cooling for 359$...i'd much rather buy that than your used card...drop the price to 300$ firm if you want to sell it...

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/fPFXsY/asus-geforce-gtx-1070-8gb-dual-video-card-dual-gtx1070-o8g

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

5 hours ago, IsaacThePooper said:

that's high man.

prepare to drop about 20% of the original price if you are selling used

CPU: Ryzen 2 2700@ 4.0Ghz    Mobo: Gigabyte X470 Gaming 7 Wifi    Cooler: EVGA CLC 240    GPU: GTX1080 FTW DT @ 2113Mhz   PSU: EVGA 750W P2   

Case: Fractal Design Meshify C   Displays: 34" LG34UC79G, 24" Dell

lol, you are selling higher than some new cards. no shit you cant sell.

I would consider shaving 60 bucks off that price. You can buy that card brand new at Micro Center for $380. Might even need to go a little lower.

Bad price, can be bought new for less than $350 (Even less if on sale), your card wouldnt be worth more than about $280. 

Please quote our replys so we get a notification and can reply easily. Never cheap out on a PSU, or I will come to watch the fireworks. 

PSU Tier List

My specs

Spoiler

PC:

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K @4.8GHz
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U14S 
Motherboard:  ASUS Maximus VIII Hero 
GPU: Zotac AMP Extreme 1070 @ 2114Mhz
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 500GB 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB
Case: Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 5 
Power Supply: EVGA 750W G2

Peripherals 

Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Browns
Mouse: Logitech G502 
Headphones: Kingston HyperX Cloud Revolver 

Monitor: U2713M @ 75Hz

8 hours ago, IsaacThePooper said:

Id lower the price thats far to close to a new gpu to me. Id say 300 flat or 320. 

CPU: 6700K Case: Corsair Air 740 CPU Cooler: H110i GTX Storage: 2x250gb SSD 960gb SSD PSU: Corsair 1200watt GPU: EVGA 1080ti FTW3 RAM: 16gb DDR4 

Other Stuffs: Red sleeved cables, White LED lighting 2 noctua fans on cpu cooler and Be Quiet PWM fans on case.