RIP Nicky V

Inkz
On 5/27/2017 at 6:50 AM, dnf said:

Hopefully the whole company dosent fall apart. I really hope channel super fun will countinue... :(

On 5/27/2017 at 2:06 PM, TheComputerdude said:

Nickie V is leaving to do videos on biking announced on wan show plus channel supper fun is probably doomed without him. This is the start of the end RIP LMG and have fun Nickie V

On 5/27/2017 at 2:08 PM, nerdslayer1 said:

it's not, this is a start of a new chapter for Nickie V, LMG will still be the same. 

On 5/27/2017 at 2:16 PM, TheComputerdude said:

you right I was just being a bit dramatic cause I am upset.

Oh c'mon guys, LTT isn't TekSyndicate. ;) They don't leak confidential information from nVidia, or have hissy fits because someone forgot to finish a vending machine project. :D They have some level of integrity, and although they portray drama in their videos, most of it isn't actually real in real life.

If you've watched any of Nicky V's biking videos or Instagram stories on biking, you'll know he loves being outdoors and biking. I wish him well in whatever adventures he pursues and as someone who's been following Linus since 2008, equally wish the best for LTT for years to come too. Sidebar: Berkel should team up with Bradley Friesen to go mountain biking way up in the rockies. :) 

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

2 hours ago, yathis said:

This seems a little fishy to me. And the way Linus and Luke said on the WAN show its even more peculiar.

Why oh why would Nick leave a profitable YT channel, safe and secure employment to venture out into Sports Filming. I mean he aint gunna be no Warren Miller, taking a pay cut while he is at it too. I wonder why then Linus is letting him go, maybe got fired or layed off, maybe stole something, maybe this, maybe that. His best bet leaving on good terms is to get a layed off notice so he can get on EI and chill out for 8 months on a beach in Mexico.

your tinfoil has must weight 10 tons...

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

I never applied to lmg after I received an email for an opportunity as a writer because of family matters at the time.  If you guys are looking for a personality similar to nicks and someone who lives and loves all things tech hit me up!  

Totally down to move to the great white north now. :):)  

I could bring up to date. Passionate and highly inclusive content on the cutting edge of pc tech and gaming.  Trust me. I write much better than my rushed forum posts.  ?  

Yo soy el hombre murciélago

8 hours ago, kirashi said:

If you've watched any of Nicky V's biking videos or Instagram stories on biking, you'll know he loves being outdoors and biking. I wish him well in whatever adventures he pursues and as someone who's been following Linus since 2008, equally wish the best for LTT for years to come too. Sidebar: Berkel should team up with Bradley Friesen to go mountain biking way up in the rockies. :) 

Yeah I am with you my. I hope Nicky V does well. My love for biking is second only to computers. I just hope he is an on camera personality.

On 5/26/2017 at 9:32 PM, FluttershyRocks said:

She wasn't really in a ton of videos as far as I'm aware of, so it was kinda hard to notice in the first place.  Wonder what she's doing now.  It's kinda interesting to see a lot of the LMG staff doing other things, like Luke with Floatplane Club (It was also said on WAN show tonight that Luke might be moving to another building to work on Floatplane).

Timestamp? I missed that...

5 hours ago, EinZerstorer said:

I never applied to lmg after I received an email for an opportunity as a writer because of family matters at the time.  If you guys are looking for a personality similar to nicks and someone who lives and loves all things tech hit me up!  

I could bring up to date. Passionate and highly inclusive content on the cutting edge of pc tech and gaming.  Trust me. I write much better than my rushed forum posts.  ?  

apply from there website

17 hours ago, yathis said:

Why oh why would Nick leave a profitable YT channel, safe and secure employment to venture out into Sports Filming. I mean he aint gunna be no Warren Miller, taking a pay cut while he is at it too.

Same reason everyone changes jobs. You feel like there is something you like more than current. Or pays more.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

1 hour ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Same reason everyone changes jobs. You feel like there is something you like more than current. Or pays more.

I think he left because Linus won't wear an RGB tuxedo and wear a pancake on his head.

PC - NZXT H510 Elite, Ryzen 5600, 16GB DDR3200 2x8GB, EVGA 3070 FTW3 Ultra, Asus VG278HQ 165hz,

Mac - 1.4ghz i5, 4GB DDR3 1600mhz, Intel HD 5000.  x2

Endlessly wishing for a BBQ in space.

Seems like he's following his true passion. 

How can you knock that?!

13 hours ago, EinZerstorer said:

Hi

Send an email to them . We definitely need a new Nicky V for CSF. Do it now 

1 hour ago, EinZerstorer said:

Seems

could be many things

I doubt Linus would say anything bad and its mutual so Linus fired him, layed him off, found someone cheaper, and now the spin of making it look good to the viewers. I accept that.

4 hours ago, yathis said:

so Linus fired him, layed him off, found someone cheaper, and now the spin of making it look good to the viewers.

are you legitimately on the spectrum mate? I don't mean this in a derogatory way i'm just trying to work out where you pull this bs from.

Main Rig |  Asus Maximus VIII Hero | Intel 6700k @ 5ghz | Corsair H110i GTX | 16gb Kingston HyperX 2800mhz DDR4 | Corsair hx1000i | Intel 750 400gb NVME 2.5 SSD | 2x 512gb Samsung 840 Pro SSD | 8x 4tb Seagate HDD Synology DS1813+ | BenQ XL2720T | Zowie FK1 | Corsair K70 RGB | Sennheiser HD650 | Mayflower 02DAC and Amp combo | Blue Spark Microphone | Fractal Define S | Asus GTX980ti Strix

Wife's Rig | Asus P8Z77-I Deluxe | Intel 3770k @ 4.8ghz | Corsair H100i 4x sp120 Quiet Edition | 16gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 2400mhz DDR3 | Corsair ax760i | 2x 512gb Samsung 840 Pro SSD | 3x 24" Lenovo 1200p Screens  | Bit Fenix Prodigy 230mm Intake & af140 Exhaust | Gigabyte GTX780

1 hour ago, pyromaniac said:

-

All options bro, you think they would actually say if it was on bad terms?

wow, just wow if you do

We will never know, either way.

Just saying

18 hours ago, yathis said:

wow, just wow if you do

Just saying

you are actually that one asshat who interrupts someone talking about how they love a dead celebrity to talk about how they were part of the illuminati and the earth is flat and obama is a reptilian and that they are a stupid sheeple

23 hours ago, yathis said:

wow, just wow if you do

Just saying

troll much?

if you care so much on why he's leaving follow him on twitter or something. linus even said he's going to try and get the guy on wan show before he leaves, so spam him then.

Like I said even if it was on bad terms, they would make it look like its on good terms because viewership = money

Its common sense really.

Either way it is, it is what it is.

7 minutes ago, L.Lawliet said:

Who is Nicky V?

Who cares he will be no longer with LTT very soon. I am bad with names, only know faces.

Be cool to have a picture of all the employee's then their names attached just under their chins.

9 minutes ago, L.Lawliet said:

Who is Nicky V?

The energetic guy who mostly shows on channel supper fun with denis

19 minutes ago, coop152 said:

?????????????

what are you on

http://www.linusmediagroup.com/history/

Did you even read my post? Names come and go, faces stay with ya. I see no pictures in the link. I tend to be a visual person so some casual acqaintences I just give em nick names. Creepy James, Pony Tail James, Harley Pat, Beareded and sleeve tattoo Bob.  Mechanic Chris or Steve.

17 minutes ago, Ethocreeper said:

The energetic guy who mostly shows on channel supper fun with denis

Hmmmm still doesnt ring a bell off hand, but I never watch CSF, too childish for me.

Oh oh oh, I think about it now, we talking about Muscles?

Nick Van Berkel

Yeah I was right, but it was hard to get a picture, found it in a screen shot of some yt flick

Nick.jpg

I call him "Muscles" he seems like a pretty reserved guy who needs to force himself to act natural on camera.

I hope the best for him in his future endeavours in life.

I had in mind when I read Nick that it was the bearded guy who forces himself to smile, but thats Colton. I know where he is coming from because I dont like to smile neither, comes across as though I am angry, but in reality I couldnt really give a fuck, or maybe its the opposite and just holding it in and thinking too much.

2 minutes ago, yathis said:

Did you even read my post? Names come and go, faces stay with ya. I see no pictures in the link.

link = not related to the rest of my post

the "?????????????

what are you on"

was to respond to the first line

On 5/29/2017 at 4:45 PM, Red Hardware said:

Hi

Send an email to them . We definitely need a new Nicky V for CSF. Do it now 

I'm not sure how much freedom employee's get to write or produce content.  I'd really like to explore specific topics in detail and provide comprehensive content analyzing and testing various subjects, it's almost something ltt has been lacking in their production as of late.  Great quality in terms of audio, video, production, editing etc but the content itself has been spread thin.

I'm not sure if it'd be a good fit or if my perspectives and desires out of Tech media would go along with what seems to be their trend in content production...

But I know I could bring in depth and high level technical content and exposition to the ball game.

Hmmm. :P 

6 hours ago, EinZerstorer said:

I'm not sure how much freedom employee's get to write or produce content.  I'd really like to explore specific topics in detail and provide comprehensive content analyzing and testing various subjects, it's almost something ltt has been lacking in their production as of late.  Great quality in terms of audio, video, production, editing etc but the content itself has been spread thin.

I'm not sure if it'd be a good fit or if my perspectives and desires out of Tech media would go along with what seems to be their trend in content production...

But I know I could bring in depth and high level technical content and exposition to the ball game.

Hmmm. :P 

Hi

I think they will appreciate some one like you . You can try at least.