Windows 8.2??

TOMPPIX

Please buy your software and then you wont have any issues upgrading and updating.

What pisses you off so much? Is it just that you have to embrace change and relean something a little bit. Just a heads up on 8.1 it feels quite fluid.

i don't have any money for software or games

Please buy your software and then you wont have any issues upgrading and updating.

What pisses you off so much? Is it just that you have to embrace change and relean something a little bit. Just a heads up on 8.1 it feels quite fluid.

Honestly it's just the extra clicks and the fact that it takes up the entire screen. that's really it

I see no reason to not keep your OS up to date. They are all free, so...

Plethora of Windows 8.1 bugs. I'm still on just 8.

i5 4670k | Sapphire 7950 | Kingston 120GB SSD | Seagate 1TB | G.Skill Ripjaw X Series 8GB

PB238Q | Steelseries Sensei | Ducky DK9087 | Qck Heavy

Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/44902-from-imac-to-my-own-creation/

i don't have any money for software or games

Then how did you get a PC? Also I assume your in some sort of education which even if it just high school you can usually get discounts on software.

Honestly it's just the extra clicks and the fact that it takes up the entire screen. that's really it

extra clicks for what exactly? And in 8.1 with the way you can have your desktop background as the background for the start screen it finally feels fluid and not disconnect from the desktop part of the OS. Truthfully I dont use the start screen all that much but what I do have it setup to do it does admirably. I never used the start menu all that much either.

Plethora of Windows 8.1 bugs. I'm still on just 8.

they are a couple big ones revolving around upgrading which I believe involves drivers. Once I did a clean install of 8.1 I havnt had a single problem and 2 upgrades I have done have been problem free. This does not excuse the problems one bit especially since ita free upgrade and most people dont even know what a driver is.

2 things that stil need to be fixed:

1. Be able to access the BIOS on start 

2. Be able to dual boot without having total hell!

2 things that stil need to be fixed:

1. Be able to access the BIOS on start 

2. Be able to dual boot without having total hell!

do a full shutdown not a restart and it should do a full post otherwise you can disable that in the UEFI/BIOS as thats a feature in the UEFI/BIOS not win8. It does need win 8 to be as quick as it is though.

Use two different drives like has been recommended for ages.

do a full shutdown not a restart and it should do a full post otherwise you can disable that in the UEFI/BIOS as thats a feature in the UEFI/BIOS not win8. It does need win 8 to be as quick as it is though.

Use two different drives like has been recommended for ages.

I have two drives.  I'm talking about laptops with widows 8.  Windows 8 doesn't recognize Linux and refused to load Grub.  No matter what applications I installed and ran to try fix it... it didn't work.  

I have two drives.  I'm talking about laptops with widows 8.  Windows 8 doesn't recognize Linux and refused to load Grub.  No matter what applications I installed and ran to try fix it... it didn't work.

most newer laptop you can pop in a mpcie ssd or something of the sort so you could do dual drives or if you get a enterprise laptop from lenovo, dell, hp, or others they all at least have one model that has dual drives.

I have read though that there were issues I forgot what I read that people said solved it. it might have been install linux first then windows though dont take my word on that as I am very unsure on that.

I'll certainly try it, but I doubt that I will be impressed enough to upgrade from Windows 7.

Desktop: Intel Core i7-6700K, ASUS Z170-A, ASUS STRIX GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4 RAM, 512 GB Samsund 840 Pro, Seasonic X series 650W PSU, Fractal Design Define R4, 2x5TB HDD

Hypervisor 1: Intel Xeon E5-2630L, ASRock EPC612D8, 16GB DDR4 ECC RAM, Intel RT3WB080 8-port RAID controller plus expansion card, Norco RPC-4020 case, 20x2TB WD Red HDD

Other spare hypervisors: Dell Poweredge 2950, HP Proliant DL380 G5

Laptops: ThinkPads, lots of ThinkPads

I'll certainly try it, but I doubt that I will be impressed enough to upgrade from Windows 7.

What would it take to impress you enough?

What would it take to impress you enough?

I personally don't like that Windows 8 removed the Aero theme.  I especially liked the glass effect of the windows.  I don't like the solid color scheme in Windows 8. I also would prefer not to see the start screen because I do not have a touch screen monitor.  I will probably be the person that stays with Windows 7 until the last possible days.

Desktop: Intel Core i7-6700K, ASUS Z170-A, ASUS STRIX GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4 RAM, 512 GB Samsund 840 Pro, Seasonic X series 650W PSU, Fractal Design Define R4, 2x5TB HDD

Hypervisor 1: Intel Xeon E5-2630L, ASRock EPC612D8, 16GB DDR4 ECC RAM, Intel RT3WB080 8-port RAID controller plus expansion card, Norco RPC-4020 case, 20x2TB WD Red HDD

Other spare hypervisors: Dell Poweredge 2950, HP Proliant DL380 G5

Laptops: ThinkPads, lots of ThinkPads

8.1 was technically an upgrade not a update and is different from a service paxk as well.

maybe it was released as an upgrade instead of update to avoid pissing people off.

Nothing to see here, move along

I do not find this website trustworthy, all of this is most likely made up.

What may I ask is missing for business or power users?

I have just heard a few Network admins and IT managers complain the whole experience is not stream lined enough to work efficiently with.  And then there are the tech channels all complaining about the "number of clicks" needed to open programs or access settings etc. 

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Then some was done wrong or not done right. And there would be discontinuity between things all called windows which is never good.

Sadly this is true, not gonna go into too much detail, but explorer was extremely unstable, to the point where right clicking caused it to crash. Turns out this was caused by the application autodesk inventor and the way it worked with the right click menus and stuff. I didn't fully understand why, but uninstalling it seems to be the only fix. An application that worked in 8, but not in 8.1...

OnePlus 6T

• 2 weeks later...

All of this talk. The only part I really find hard to believe is the january release date. I would make the assumption of 17/10/2014

Before you all go telling me there isn't 17 Months.... Its the Day.

Date/Month/Year - Logical.

One Steam to rule them all, One Sale to find them, One Sale to bring them all and with their wallets, bind them! - r/pcmasterrace 17/01/2014

Spoiler
  • CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k
  • CPU Cooler: CM Hyper 212+ 
  • RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2400Mhz (2x8GB)
  • GPU: Gigabyte G1 R9 390 
  • Mobo: Asus Z170-AR
  • PSU: Antec High Current Gamer 900W 
  • Storage: 240GB intel 520 SSD (OS), Sandisk 128GB SSD(Other OS) 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda 
  • Case: Fractal Design R4

I cannot read that.

So a "More info later... (release day) Here you go!" business model. 

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"