gaming perf of Ryzen R5 1400

zMeul

source: https://www.purepc.pl/procesory/test_procesora_amd_ryzen_5_1400_konkurent_intel_core_i5_7400

at least here, the R5 1400 is at the same price with the i5 7400, but Ryzen's gaming performance is rather comparable with an i3 6100 ... highly disappointing -_-

PurePC.PL has tested the R5 1400 in 10 games:

BF1:

Spoiler

kQDoOjp.png

Crysis 3:

Spoiler

u9Hpo83.png

Dishonored 2:

Spoiler

REGNgBw.png

DeusEX Mankind Divided:

Spoiler

G4yhKRR.png

FallOut 4:

Spoiler

O0gxd9J.png

HitMan:

Spoiler

gblFw5E.png

Rise of the Tomb Raider:

Spoiler

pXdS44n.png

TotalWar Warhammer:

Spoiler

TxWlmJx.png

Watch Dogs 2:

Spoiler

GjHTOac.png

The Witcher 3:

Spoiler

MYnixzq.png

using higher freq CL14 DDR4 helps, but it also helps the i5, see the results here: https://www.purepc.pl/procesory/test_procesora_amd_ryzen_5_1400_konkurent_intel_core_i5_7400?page=0,42

if you plan to buy this CPU for gaming, you should avoid it - roughly i3 perf for ~+50% the price?! hells no

Benchmarks from a more reliable source

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

Expected

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

AMD get it right next generation please 

- signed, budget gamers everywhere

idk

Just now, PCGuy_5960 said:

Benchmarks from a more reliable source

the topic is about R5 1400; not the 1600X, not the 1500X

Just now, zMeul said:

the topic is about R5 1400; not the 1600X, not the 1500X

Yeah, but the 1400 is a 1500X with slightly lower clock speeds ;)

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

Just now, PCGuy_5960 said:

Yeah, but the 1400 is a 1500X with slightly lower clock speeds ;)

yeah, at it hurts it; also has twice less L3 cache from what I see

3 minutes ago, kladzen said:

KABA LAKE :D ?

BEST. FAIL. EVER.xD

HOW ABOUT LAKE KABA...

Just now, Droidbot said:

from the 1600x benches it looks like my i5 4670k rides with me for another generation

You should upgrade to a 4790K, they cost less than $250 on ebay right now :P

Interesting. I'll wait to see from a few other places though. And then maybe afterwards when they'll probably send out better drivers.

BOINC Setup:
i5 7200U @ Stock

Core2Duo T6600 @ Stock

i3 2330M @ Stock

i5 3210M @ Stock

Not terrible though when you think about it. Still think it's amazing what AMD has accomplished with limited money and talent when compared to Intel. Those clock speeds I think are what is killing it. That and games being optimized for intel. They definitely have a good foundation to build upon. Hopefully Global Foundries can improve their technology by next gen. I think they are the biggest bottleneck to amd.

4 minutes ago, jman629 said:

Not terrible though when you think about it. Still think it's amazing what AMD has accomplished with limited money and talent when compared to Intel. Those clock speeds I think are what is killing it. That and games being optimized for intel. They definitely have a good foundation to build upon. Hopefully Global Foundries can improve their technology by next gen. I think they are the biggest bottleneck to amd.

Too right! Their process is great for laptop low power parts, but really cannot handle High clockspeeds; and really pumps out heat, and consumes far more power as the clockspeed is forced up.

Hopefully their process isn't going to hold back Vega too much; and I wonder how Ryzen 2 will turnout with an improved 14nm as well. All they need is another 500Mhz on Baseclocks to sort out their current shortcomings in gaming.

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q

Jesus that benchmark where they run worse than the FX series is devastating, i would almost say there is something going wrong optimization wise there because that is dreadful.

18 minutes ago, The Benjamins said:

lol anandtech has a page of their review not finish when it got published. it is the test setup page.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/11244/the-amd-ryzen-5-1600x-vs-core-i5-review-twelve-threads-vs-four/3

It's also unfinished on the last page. I asked Ian in the comments and he just said that they just couldn't finish, considering the huge amount of testing they had to do (Anandtech tested six games with the 1080, Fury, 1060, and 480, not to mention all the CPU benchmarks they also did).

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

Interested in computer architecture? Still in middle or high school? P.M. me!

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Laptop (I use it for school):

Spoiler

Surface book 2 13" with an i7 8650u, 8gb RAM, 256 GB storage, and a GTX 1050

And if you're curious (or a stalker) I have a Just Black Pixel 2 XL 64gb

7 minutes ago, Valentyn said:

Too right! Their process is great for laptop low power parts, but really cannot handle High clockspeeds; and really pumps out heat, and consumes far more power as the clockspeed is forced up.

Hopefully their process isn't going to hold back Vega too much; and I wonder how Ryzen 2 will turnout with an improved 14nm as well. All they need is another 500Mhz on Baseclocks to sort out their current shortcomings in gaming.

That cannot happen. It would suck for them to repeat the FX holding back their own GPUs again. 

Expect a lot of 7600k vs 1600x threads gaming focused were people are going to be saying the same shit others said in the 8350 vs 4670k threads. Games are going to take advantage of more cores in a few years so best to future proof. 2017 8350 still losing to 2500k a CPU from 2011 -_- .

1 minute ago, Demonking said:

Expect a lot of 7600k vs 1500x threads gaming focused were people are going to be saying the same shit others said in the 8350 vs 4670k threads. Games are going to take advantage of more cores in a few years so best to future proof. 2017 8350 still losing to 2500k a CPU from 2011 -_- .

the preformance is close, but for me I always have a lot of stuff open so the extra cores help not slow the game down. and it can be used as a budget streaming CPU.

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

9 minutes ago, Demonking said:

That cannot happen. It would suck for them to repeat the FX holding back their own GPUs again. 

Not in that sense, as in Vega is using the exact same 14nm Process as Ryzen.

We saw first hand how the immature process handicapped Polaris, giving it low clockspeeds, and high power consumption.

I hope for Vega they're stuck with a similar issue where the clocks speeds are compromised to keep the power incheck due to the 14nm LPP process of GloFo.

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q

2 minutes ago, wkdpaul said:

hmm ... to be fair IMO, the OP is missing the OC benchmarks.

See for yourselves;

https://www.purepc.pl/procesory/test_procesora_amd_ryzen_5_1400_konkurent_intel_core_i5_7400?page=0,30

feel free to add them :D

OCig closes the gap but you should not be expected to OC the CPU to still don't have same out of the box perf with an non K i5 - want to compare? compare OC results with OCed i5s

Just wait for Ryzen 2. :)