Most satisfying cable to plug in?

UK mains plugs are awesome... until you step on them. I seriously considered buying UK power strips and replace the UK plug with a regular EU plug and then use IEC cables with UK plugs to connect my monitors and my pc , just because the plugs are so nice and flat and sit well in power strips  ...

RJ 45 jacks are cool, until the clip breaks and then you're constantly worried they may come out if you somehow pull the cable. In the past they were often mixed up with modem connectors.

Also, hand made (not factory) connectors can sometimes become loose if they're used in a hot environment.  I've cheaped out and made small patch cords for a rack in a small room and the people who owned that place waited a few months to install air conditioning so the room was always hot ... at the end of those 2-3 months I had to replace a couple of those patch cords . The crimping tool I used may have been on the cheap wide as well though.

PCI-E, ATX and eps connectors are OK, mini-fit is a nice series, you get good retention, good current per pair of wires etc but I just can't be enthused when they all look the same but they're keyed differently and you sometimes have to double check which connector is what especially on modern power supplies with black ribbon cables.

Sucks that Intel refuses to make a new ATX standad and says psu manufacturers should come up with a revision (but they're too afraid to step-up to the challenge)

SATA data and power are horrible. They can break easily because the plastic is thin and the L shape for key sucks ... the contacts (if not gold plated) can also oxidize and/or end up with bad contact as they rely on pressure and friction and only on one side unlike with mini fit and other connectors which make contacts at multiple sides.

Personally I'd say DVI connectors look best to me, but I'm aware they're not good - they have a low guaranteed number of insertions and due to their size they're never be able to have high bandwidth ...  HDMI and DisplayPort are much better at this department compared to DVI.  They also take up a lot of space on the back of video cards, so I'm not sad to see them gone.

I'd replace everything with DisplayPort these days. 

i'm not fond of crap like thunderbold which combines usb with display stuff and

Good quality SCSI-3 HD68 with the clips is godlike.

pc specs: 4 function calculator / 8 digit lcd display / colored numeric and function buttons

I really like all the video connectors, VGA and DVI are great because once they are in you get to screw them twice. Thinking about it I don't have a top favorite connector, I just like putting in cables.

DIN-5 pol or 6.3mm probably. XLR is also amazing and so is PCIe 16x, especially when you have a 3.5 slot GPU...

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Most satisfying is a toss up between 1/4 audio jack or getting USB A in on the first try. 

3.5mm. 

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

Either Ethernet or SATA-data. Those satisfying clicks... unnngghh...

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

100Amp IEC 6 pin plug. Makes a really satisfying clunk when you lock it down.

PC:

Monolith(Laptop): CPU: i7 5700HQ GPU: GTX 980M 8GB RAM: 2x8GB 1600MHz Storage: 2x128GB Samsung 850 EVO(Raid 0) + 1TB HGST 7200RPM Model: Gigabyte P35XV4 Mouse: Razer Orochi Headset: Turtle Beach Stealth 450

IoT:

Router: Netgear D7000 Nighthawk

NAS: Synology DS218j, 2x 4TB Seagate Ironwolf

Media Accelerator: Nvidia Shield via Plex

Phone: Sony Xperia X Compact

well.. coming week i'll be plugging in approximately 460 cables at work, the last one will be VERY satisfying after the amount of BS that's been happening...

1/4 jack is awesome especially with high quality slots. USB A on my case are pretty great too but dat RJ45 click tho

On 08/04/2017 at 1:27 AM, Orangeator said:

Beat me too it. DisplayPort is so satisfying with the locking mechanism.

Loved DisplayPort the first time I plugged it in. But then the lock broke and I couldn't get it out again. Still can't, there's a DisplayPort connector forever stuck in my monitor.

So mine would be SDI I think.

someone has to mention sex toy charger

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

I wonder how the correlation of favorite plug to plug in correlates with love of Mechanical keyboards...

DisplayPort

Main PC: R7 3700X / Gigabyte X570 I Aorus Pro Wifi / Radeon RX 5700 XT / 32GB DDR4-3200 / 250GB & 2TB Crucial MX500 (in HP Prodesk 400 Case)

Laptop: R5 2500U / Radeon Vega 8 / 8GB DDR4-2400 / 500GB SK Hynix BC501 (HP Envy x360 13)

My little Server: i7-7700 / Asrock H110M-ITX / 24GB DDR4-2400 / Samsung 860 Pro 250GB & Seagate Firecuda 2TB / VMware ESXi 6.7

(Don't tell me i should Name them, i don't want to ^^)

9 hours ago, light-v said:

1/4 jack is awesome especially with high quality slots. USB A on my case are pretty great too but dat RJ45 click tho

yeah it does feel pretty good

but i dont have 'high quality' 1/4 jack stuff, just old stuff :P 

have you tried pushing a big power button? sorta feels like it, but needs less resistance. 

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

9 hours ago, Colonal-Kohler said:

Mine would be 24pin power. It's like the largest connection.

I've never liked 24 pin. It never works right for me and always gets stuck. 

Main System: Phobos

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 (8C/16T), ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 16GB G.SKILL Aegis DDR4 3000MHz, AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB (XFX), 960GB Crucial M500, 2TB Seagate BarraCuda, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations/macOS Catalina

Secondary System: York

Intel Core i7-2600 (4C/8T), ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3, 16GB GEIL Enhance Corsa DDR3 1600MHz, Zotac GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB, 240GB ADATA Ultimate SU650, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

Older File Server: Yet to be named

Intel Pentium 4 HT (1C/2T), Intel D865GBF, 3GB DDR 400MHz, ATI Radeon HD 4650 1GB (HIS), 80GB WD Caviar, 320GB Hitachi Deskstar, Windows XP Pro SP3, Windows Server 2003 R2

Mini Tamiya and deans...they are not the most satisfying but for sure it makes the most noise as my balance charger sets off a really loud alarm as I forget how the polarity is reversed on AEG batteries :P (and then plug Lipos in with the polarity reversed as I'm still thinking I'm charging AEG batteries) 

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

On 4/7/2017 at 11:12 AM, Jake0210 said:

What's your most favorite cable to plug in? My favorite is an Ethernet cable. I like how it just locks into place.

P.S.: I'd rather not make this topic a huge innuendo, but I'll have to let nature take its course. :P

Totally agree. It just makes a nice click when you plug it in. (And depending on what you plug it into, the port might light up, which makes things even better)

ADC is nice

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."