DON'T Buy the GTX 1080 ti just yet!!

DemonicHeart

Some people might be eager to buy the gtx 1080 ti but dont rush it..

Wait until the 1080 ti Superclocked from EVGA comes out.

Im currently using the 980 ti superclocked w/backplate from EVGA and i can play all games on ultra..and i had this Graphics Card since Christmas 2015!

Edited by Glenwing
Image removed

1 minute ago, JoostinOnline said:

Or you could overclock it yourself. 

or you could have gpu boost 3.0 do the work for you xD

Wait why do I have to wait for EVGA superclocked to come out??? Why? 

Everybody knows Asus Strix and Gaming X is the one to aim for. 

Just because superclocked isn't released yet doesn't mean people should not buy. What superclock have that is inferior than other cards?

1 minute ago, JoostinOnline said:

Yeah, spend more money on a blower cooler that will have worse thermals and noise than an equally priced or cheaper aftermarket cooler :) 

Just now, deXxterlab97 said:

Just because superclocked isn't released yet doesn't mean people should not buy. What superclock have that is inferior than other cards?

EVGA is objectively the better company to buy from in terms of warranty/customer service.

Just now, JoostinOnline said:

But you wouldnt have the right cooling for it.. like the ACX version ..my own is ACX 2.0. The 1080 ti superclocked wll be different 

Just now, DemonicHeart said:

But you wouldnt have the right cooling for it.. like the ACX version ..my own is ACX 2.0. The 1080 ti superclocked wll be different 

The ACX with that broken thermal pad or whatever it was? We all know ICX is the new king now lol

1 minute ago, Kloaked said:

EVGA is objectively the better company to buy from in terms of warranty/customer service.

But in terms of performance their 10 series isn't doing really good recently.

2 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

Because the the superclocked version has better performance.. (obviously)

But in terms of performance their 10 series isn't doing really good recently.

If that is indeed the case, I'd still take a hit on a couple of fps to know that I won't have to deal with flaky customer service.

Just now, Kloaked said:

If that is indeed the case, I'd still take a hit on a couple of fps to know that I won't have to deal with flaky customer service.

And maybe a couple degree of temps and some decibels of sound too. Though their ICX cards has been improving very great

And maybe a couple degree of temps and some decibels of sound too. Though their ICX cards has been improving very great

I doubt the sound difference is even worth noting :P

1 minute ago, Kloaked said:

I doubt the sound difference is even worth noting :P

yeah, at idle most gpu should have their fans off and i don't think anybody would game without their headphones

Paying more for a factory overclocked card is a waste of money.

Pretty much all 1080s would reach 2000-2100MHz no matter what card you bought.

Power delivery or cooling isn't the bottleneck anymore, it's just silicon lottery to see if you can get over 2100 or not.

It will be the same for the 1080ti, except maybe a bit lower than 2100MHz.

People should buy a card from a good quality brand with decent cooling, looks, and price, and not pay attention to the factory clock speed.

(unless for some reason you are too paranoid to move a slider and overclock)

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

12 minutes ago, JoostinOnline said:

EVGA Superclocked one usually overclocks slightly better from my experience, but EVGA is having somewhat difficulties with the Pascal line up, I would honestly just get nVidia's Founders Edition, they said they will be factory overclocking cards now too and I think straight from nVidia silicon for their premium Founders Edition will be good lottery bet.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

EVGA's marketing department clearly running out of budget lol :) what a stupid thread.

Yes EVGA superclocked ACX is the best product, but bugger off.

Evga GTX 1080 SC ACX | Ryzen 5600X | MSI Tomahawk B550 | 16GB Vengeance 3600MHz | EVGA 650P2 | HAF X | WD SN850X | Asus MG287Q 1440p 144Hz

I plan to wait for which ever aftermarket performs the best and cools the best  for the money. Don't really get the need for being a "fanboy" of one company. 

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

Odd post, aim for Strix and X cards.

The geek himself.

Or wait and see what Vega brings, if AMD does the same thing to the GPU market that they just did with the CPU market, I wouldn't be surprised if we see something as powerful or close to a 1080 ti for a lower price.

Please Quote me when replying.
CPU
 - Ryzen 7 5800X3D | RAM - 32GB DDR4 4000Mhz | MB - MSI B550 A-PRO | Boot - 2TB NVME 980 Evo Plus | GPU - EVGA FTW3 RTX 3090 24GB

from what i know. oh the superclocked version, the baseclock is increased and along with it is better cooling.. so if the "baseclock" is higher than the original one then it would be obvious that you can overclock the superclock to an even greater clock speed.. which makes it much better and superior.

people seem to think that EVGA is just going to overclock the original for you.. its not like that ..

Or let people buy what they want.

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

Just now, DeadEyePsycho said:

Or let people buy what they want.

nah

we're humans

we gotta be in everybody's

business

yo

Please Quote me when replying.
CPU
 - Ryzen 7 5800X3D | RAM - 32GB DDR4 4000Mhz | MB - MSI B550 A-PRO | Boot - 2TB NVME 980 Evo Plus | GPU - EVGA FTW3 RTX 3090 24GB

1 hour ago, Kloaked said:

I'd still take a hit on a couple of fps to know that I won't have to deal with flaky customer service.

My policy is to read their own warranty back verbatim, it usually grabs a company's attention if you quote their fine text (also slightly scares them).