So I recently bought my first AIO cooler after wanting to know what all the fuss was about. I was previously using a cooler master hyper 212 EVO which is an AMAZING cooler but, I decided to upgrade. In doing this I purchased a Deepcool Captain 360 EX. The cooler was fantastic, for 4 f..king days then while casually playing Overwatch the tube on the block bursts shattering and spraying water everywhere! I immediately shut off the computer and tried to asses the damages I payed out the soaked components one by one. Graphics card; dead, motherboard; dead, power supply; dead, and cooler obviously dead. However, my CPU was fine as well as my RAM. I contacted deepcool customer support immediately and to give you the short version it has been 4 months since I first issued the RMA and I feel they are just stalling what should I do? I don't have the money to buy the parts myself and, I'm asking for $1500 to buy back parts and it sucks not having a computer for that long.

3 minutes ago, rrubberr said:

I don't understand why people don't just air cool WELL instead of turning their PC into a fountain.

way to stay on topic

6 minutes ago, Djtrizzle316 said:

Create a shitstorm on social media (twitter, reddit, various forums wherever they have a presence), if that doesn't work it's likely you can represent yourself in small claims court if you're still within the warranty period. (citation needed) 

Personal build >  New-ish AMD main gaming setup           

PLEASE QUOTE OR @ ME FOR A RESPONSE xD 

3 minutes ago, Djtrizzle316 said:

-snip-

Have you tried contacting them again to see what's up?

I read reviews about that cooler being prone to leaks (At least what some of the Newegg reviews state).

It would suck if they tried to run away from this...the amount of damage is pretty severe. I hope they pay you back...

Yeah, I went from a hyper 212+ to a Corsair H105 myself.

8 minutes ago, Djtrizzle316 said:

So I recently bought my first AIO cooler after wanting to know what all the fuss was about. I was previously using a cooler master hyper 212 EVO which is an AMAZING cooler but, I decided to upgrade. In doing this I purchased a Deepcool Captain 360 EX. The cooler was fantastic, for 4 f..king days then while casually playing Overwatch the tube on the block bursts shattering and spraying water everywhere! I immediately shut off the computer and tried to asses the damages I payed out the soaked components one by one. Graphics card; dead, motherboard; dead, power supply; dead, and cooler obviously dead. However, my CPU was fine as well as my RAM. I contacted deepcool customer support immediately and to give you the short version it has been 4 months since I first issued the RMA and I feel they are just stalling what should I do? I don't have the money to buy the parts myself and, I'm asking for $1500 to buy back parts and it sucks not having a computer for that long.

If they stall, take to social media

Bad PR always takes a hit on ANY company.

r/pcmr's circlejerk might also help if they will

Well, right afterword I got a response from the saying they would compensate me within the next 3 days. So if I don't get it by then I'll make sure nobody buys a Deepcool AIO. Also I'm switching to air after this.

Damn, I'm sorry that this happened to you. I would contact DeepCool and if they don't reply, take to social media like Twitter. 

My NZXT Kraken X31 has been very good to me. Not one problem since October of 2014, and the PC it's in usually runs 24/7.

My Main Build: NZXT S340 - NZXT Kraken X31 - Crucial MX100 256GB - i5 4460 - Gigabyte Z97P D3 - Kingston HyperX Red 8GB - MSI Nvidia GTX 780 3GB - Corsair LL & HD RGB Fans, Corsair Lighting Node Pro. 

11 hours ago, Djtrizzle316 said:

really? I wouldn't call the EVO 212 an amazing cooler, it's good for the price but actually pretty shit compared to dual tower coolers. Bad luck on the AIO though, I only use Corsair ones, with the very well attached hoses, but I took mine apart to change the fluid because it was a little low from the factory, and I saw first hand that the connectors can't just come undone, can't say that about all of Corsairs units though, the older ones it could happen rarely. I would highly recommend the Noctua NH-D15 or Corsair H100 V2 for coolers. 

Yours faithfully

12 hours ago, rrubberr said:

I always said water and computers don't mix. I don't understand why people don't just air cool WELL instead of turning their PC into a fountain.

I don't know what their terms are, but any good company would completely remove themselves from any damages caused by their products in some kind of in-the0box pamphlet. Better to start a Twitter shitstorm about them, publicly shame the brand, and make them look bad.

I couldn't go 4 months without a real PC. Save up!

it's a real catch 22. In order for watercooling to be practical, you need pretty high end components, which are expensive, and should be kept far away from water. Whereas nobody would be too scared to watercool a pentium/750ti build cos it costs almost nothing as PC's go, but why would you watercool a pentium ?

Home PC:

CPU: i7 4790s ~ Motherboard: Asus B85M-E ~ RAM: 32GB Ballistix Sport DDR3 1666 ~ GPU: Sapphire R9 390 Nitro ~ Case: Corsair Carbide Spec-03 ~ Storage: Kingston Predator 240GB   PCIE M.2 Boot, 2TB HDD, 3x 480GB SATA SSD's in RAID 0 ~ PSU:    Corsair CX600
Display(s): Asus PB287Q , Generic Samsung 1080p 22" ~ Cooling: Arctic T3 Air Cooler, All case fans replaced with Noctua NF-B9 Redux's ~ Keyboard: Logitech G810 Orion ~ Mouse: Cheap Microsoft Wired (i like it) ~ Sound: Radial Pro USB DAC into 250w Powered Speakers ~ Operating System: Windows 10 Enterprise x64

Work PC:

CPU: Intel Xeon E3 1275 v3 ~ Motherboard: Asrock E3C226D2I ~ RAM: 16GB DDR3 ~ GPU: GTX 460 ~ Case: Silverstone SG05 ~ Storage: 512GB SATA SSD ~ Displays: 3x1080p 24" mix and matched Dell monitors plus a 10" 1080p lilliput monitor above ~ Operating System: Windows 10 Enterprise x64

Think it also has to do with acoustics. Also don't see how all these people are having such issues. Specially with new hardware. I've had water on every component, minus storage and I've never lost a piece yet. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

7 minutes ago, Mick Naughty said:

Think it also has to do with acoustics. Also don't see how all these people are having such issues. Specially with new hardware. I've had water on every component, minus storage and I've never lost a piece yet. 

Mistakes on building happens, nobody is safe from failing on the building even if you do it a lot, defective hardware also is a possibility, the difference is that if you build air cooling wrong, you just unmount and remount it and done, at worse you will have to buy new thermal paste, now if something goes wrong with water cooling then the consequence can always be much larger, it is a true higher risk you're dealing with regardless how expert you are.

Also honestly speaking if air cooling is enough for my rig to stay cool then I can not see why water cooling is even a thing aside from less noise, which many don't really mind about, aesthetics? well maybe but it isn't like some neat air heat-sink can't be pretty too...

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

I would imagine in the box the cooler came in it probably has a pamphlet that's says something along the lines of "We will not be held liable for any damages that occur from the use of our products."

I've personally only ever dealt with the Corsair H100 & H100I (still have both, neither have leaked). Beyond those I went full custom water cooling and I've never had a leak during operation (I have had leaks while filling the loop. It's called leak testing for good reason.)

Well if you ever overclcoked the 6/700 series cards, watercooling is a great choice. My cards get extremely hot with just regular clocks. The horrid 10 series's also benifits quite a bit. 

But if the product failed tonthat extent, hope the company would do something to make it right. Though I'm sure there are enough disclaimers to cover thier ass as most should. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

• 2 weeks later...

They stuck to their word and I was compensated $1500 and my parts will be in my possession tomorrow. Their products may be a bit faulty from my experience but, their customer service was helpful. I'll post a picture of the finished product once I complete the build.

On 3/1/2017 at 4:02 PM, L.Lawliet said:

Well shit..thats why i never use AIO too many risk for a small benefit.

Too many risk for NO benefit, other than aesthetic. AIOs are just dumb, end of... mass produced for lowest price possible. Yeah, no thanks.

OP, you need to threaten them with legal action, take this to social media, embarrass them, cost them sales... it's the only language they will understand. Of course, you should never have bought a Deepcool in the first place, but that's water under the bridge now, pun intended ;).

System: Ryzen 7 5800X - Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master - Noctua D15S Chromax - 32GB 3600 RAM - EVGA Black 2080Ti

Well if they paid him for everything he lost, he doesn't need to do all that. 

2 minutes ago, Mick Naughty said:

Well if they paid him for everything he lost, he doesn't need to do all that. 

Ah missed that lol... well, happy ending then and lesson learned. :) 

System: Ryzen 7 5800X - Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master - Noctua D15S Chromax - 32GB 3600 RAM - EVGA Black 2080Ti

On 28/02/2017 at 11:18 PM, Djtrizzle316 said:

Not trying to sound rude or maybe I just read it wrong, but if the tube got loose, its because you didn't put the compression ring correctly. Tubes don't just come out like that especially with compression ring at the right pressure. Seems more like a human building error than a faulty product.

On 01/03/2017 at 11:40 AM, Mick Naughty said:

CPU: Intel Core i9-10900K  MOBO: ROG MAXIMUS XII FORMULA GPU: 2080ti Hall of Fame 10th anniversary limited edition  PSU: Asus ROG THOR 1200W  COOLER: Optimus foundation black acetal RADS: 3x EKWB CoolStream PE 360  LOOP: EKWB torque HDC fittings / EKWB ZMT 15,9/9,5mm / EKWB CryoFuel Clear MONITOR: Acer predator X34

16 hours ago, TheRedViper said:

Not trying to sound rude or maybe I just read it wrong, but if the tube got loose, its because you didn't put the compression ring correctly. Tubes don't just come out like that especially with compression ring at the right pressure. Seems more like a human building error than a faulty product.

Ummmmm that's an AIO not a custom loop...... https://www.google.com/shopping/product/5618605035066739530?lsf=seller:8438988,rt:2&prds=oid:3914928108851341578&q=deepcool+captain+360+ex&hl=en-US&ei=7cbCWJLOK6jNjwSDv5yQBQ&lsft=gclid:Cj0KEQiAuonGBRCaotXoycysvIMBEiQAcxV0nPyxoAqpl7H6Tkz8y6GGE6p2v95MYmE5OF9MjvZzAwAaAk6K8P8HAQ

On 1.3.2017 at 5:18 AM, Djtrizzle316 said:

In doing this I purchased a Deepcool Captain 360 EX. The cooler was fantastic, for 4 f..king days then while casually playing Overwatch the tube on the block bursts shattering and spraying water everywhere!

Which tube gave away?

Just so we know for next time someone mention that cooler.

$_58.JPG

And to everyone saying water cooling is not worth it: Take a look at the difference in GPU temps and GPU boost numbers on water vs air vs hybrid cards.

As for risks, so is it motherboard breaking do to weight (specially when moving) vs components getting soaked in liquid (if the leak is near any). So each there own.

I speak my mind, sorry if thats a problem.

CPU: Intel Core i9-10900K  MOBO: ROG MAXIMUS XII FORMULA GPU: 2080ti Hall of Fame 10th anniversary limited edition  PSU: Asus ROG THOR 1200W  COOLER: Optimus foundation black acetal RADS: 3x EKWB CoolStream PE 360  LOOP: EKWB torque HDC fittings / EKWB ZMT 15,9/9,5mm / EKWB CryoFuel Clear MONITOR: Acer predator X34

I'm so sorry this happened to you. This is exactly why I'll always stick to air cooling. Nothing like this can possibly go wrong, it's just a fan attached to a piece of metal. If I ever decide to water cool, it'll be custom high quality parts, not some shitty AIO. But I never intend on doing that because water cooling for CPUs isn't even all that beneficial, I think water cooling is just overkill unless you're running an SLI setup or something. I know cases like this aren't that common, but it's a real possibility.

Like others said, I guess all you can do is try to bring attention to it. I don't even know what else to say, that just sucks man..

i7 2600k @ 5GHz 1.49v - EVGA GTX 1070 ACX 3.0 - 16GB DDR3 2000MHz Corsair Vengence

Asus p8z77-v lk - 480GB Samsung 870 EVO w/ W10 LTSC - 2x1TB HDD storage - 240GB SATA SSD w/ W7 - EVGA 650w 80+G G2

3x 1080p 60hz Viewsonic LCDs, 1 glorious Dell CRT running at anywhere from 60hz to 120hz

Model M w/ Soarer's adapter - Logitch g502 - Audio-Techinca M20X - Cambridge SoundWorks speakers w/ woofer

? have you read the water coolling equipments legal papers ?

i bet they have clause excempting them from water based damages

i do feel for you so please post what was lost maybe the community here will be able to help with the rebuild the way communities help each other after storms

He has already done so and has been compensated. 

the Good thing about leaks in 1 scenario is that, if you have the 1000$ intel cpu and the company gives you back the money then you can go buy ryzen 1800x > 500$ profit.