Are you going to buy an AMD Ryzen cpu? Why and which cpu?

To me if I was going to buy an AMD Ryzen cpu it would be the AMD Ryzen 1800x because it's the top end model.  

I'm considering one, but i'm going to wait for benchmarks to come out first as I only plan to game and only occasionally stream

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

yes, if in a world where the lowest ryzen cpu didn't cost as much as half my current pc and I had enough money

linus sex tips

Just now, RKRiley said:

I'm considering one, but i'm going to wait for benchmarks to come out first as I only plan to game and only occasionally stream

Very true.

I'm not going to because I already have an i7 4790k in one rig and an E5 1650 in the other. I can't justify upgrading to Ryzen from these as the performance gains in gaming applications will be minimal - GPU power is by far my bottleneck at the moment. Also I'd want to see independent benchmarks before ordering anything and I'd wait at least 3-4 months for any bugs and kinks to be ironed out. 

CPU: i7 4790k, RAM: 16GB DDR3, GPU: GTX 1060 6GB

I already got a 4770K, so no rush here, but I might give my current PC to my mom, and buy myself one with a ryzen 5 1600X when those release.

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

Just now, RadiatingLight said:

I already got a 4770K, so no rush here, but I might give my current PC to my mom, and buy myself one with a ryzen 5 1600X when those release.

Nice.

not until sufficient benchmarks, application and gaming show more of the all-round uses than what AMD has been propagating for 4 years.

the price point is interesting, motherboards are similar to the Intel lineup on features and prices. another would be what overclocking levels can be beneficial and useful.

10 minutes ago, Dan1 said:

To me if I was going to buy an AMD Ryzen cpu it would be the AMD Ryzen 1800x because it's the top end model.  

Waiting 6core and 4core/8thread CPUs

1 minute ago, airdeano said:

not until sufficient benchmarks, application and gaming show more of the all-round uses than what AMD has been propagating for 4 years.

the price point is interesting, motherboards are similar to the Intel lineup on features and prices. another would be what overclocking levels can be beneficial and useful.

I like the new ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Hero AMD Ryzen AM4 DDR4 M.2 USB 3.1 ATX X370 Motherboard with AURA Sync RGB Lighting.  Hope fully the benchmarks are really good for the cpu's price point.

I'm probably not going to get any new cpu for a while because my 4th gen i5 does everything I need and if I upgrade it to something more current I will have to upgrade pretty much half my computer. However, when these new budget chips come out I will be recommending those like crazy. I've never really been a fan of the low end Intel chips because they're pretty much all dual core, and for a ~$400 budget you cant really fit in a low end i5 so I've always recommended the 6300 even with how old it is. I dont really see any reason for people to upgrade to a slightly higher spec cpu. The only time I think a new cpu is necessary is if you're doing a new system.

I'm considering the R7 1700 (non X), but it really depends on the performance and price.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

2 minutes ago, frozeNNN said:

Waiting 6core and 4core/8thread CPUs

I think that they're going to release those 6 cores and 4 core in 2nd quarter of 2017.

one thing this will do is the used Intel market pricing will be squished to 30% below new 'Zen' instead of Intel new pricing.

doubtful Intel will retaliate with the new market sales. they'll review market share reporting and make a decision where they think Intel should be. distribution will cut invnetories if the "Zen' starts to grab sales real estate.

1 minute ago, airdeano said:

one thing this will do is the used Intel market pricing will be squished to 30% below new 'Zen' instead of Intel new pricing.

doubtful Intel will retaliate with the new market sales. they'll review market share reporting and make a decision where they think Intel should be. distribution will cut invnetories if the "Zen' starts to grab sales real estate.

I agree.

3 minutes ago, airdeano said:

Indeed. The used market will be very interesting in the coming months

CPU: i7 4790k, RAM: 16GB DDR3, GPU: GTX 1060 6GB

If 1800X is really that fast, and when reviewers release benchmarks, I will be replacing my 6800K and ASUS RAMPAGE V EXTREME with 1800X and ASUS x370 motherboard. I literally sold my laptop to get it, and then I'd wait to sell my 6800k and RVE to buy similar laptop back later.

Main PC:

CPU: Intel Core i9 13900KS SP 116 (124P-102E) (6.1Ghz P-Cores 4.8Ghz E-cores) MC SP 88

CPU Voltage: LLC8 1.525V (real voltage 1.425V + - Temps 85-90 P-Cores, 70-73 E-cores)

Cooled by: Supercool Direct Die 14th gen full nickel

Motherboard: Z790 ASUS Maximus Apex Encore

RAM: GSkill TridentZ 2x24GB DDR5 8600Mhz CL38 (OC from 8000Mhz CL40)

GPU: RTX MSI 4090 Suprim X with EKWB waterblock

Case: My own case fabricated out of aluminium and wood

Storage: 4x 2TB Sarbent Rocket Plus Gen 4.0 NVMe, 1x External 2TB Seagate Barracuda (Backup)

WiFi: BE202 WiFi 7 Tri-Band card module

PSU: Corsair AX1600i with custom black and red cables with 2x Corsair 5V+ Load Balancer

Display: Samsung Oddysey G9 240Hz Ver. 5120x1440 with G-Sync and Freesync Premium Pro 1008 Firmware Ver, and 1x Electriq USB C 1080p 15'8 inch IPS portable display for temperature and stats, MSI 23'8 144Hz G-Sync

Fan Controllers:  6x AquaComputer Octo with 5 temperature sensors

Cooling: Three Custom Loops:

1st Loop: 5x 480mm XE CoolStream radiators with 1x Revo D5 RGB pump and 1x Rajintek Antila D5 Evo RGB pump for GPU only cooling with 2x Koolance QDC3, red coolant

2nd Loop: 5x 480mm XE CoolStream radiators with 1x Revo D5 RGB pump and 1x Rajintek Antila D5 Evo RGB pump for CPU only cooling with 2x Koolance QDC3, purple coolant

3rd Loop: 1x 240mm PE CoolStream radiator with 1x EKWB Revo D5 pump (RAM ONLY)

Total: 5x pumps and 13x radiators 50x 3000RPM Noctua Industrial fans

Keyboard: Razer BlackWidow V3 RGB - Green switches

Sound: Logitech Z680 5.1 THX Certified 505W Speakers

Mouse: Razer Basilisk Ultimate Wireless with charging dock

Piano: Yamaha P155

Phone: Oppo Find X5 Pro

Camera: Logitech Brio Pro 4K

VR: Oculus Rift S

External SSD: 256GB Overclocking OS

LaptopMSI Titan GT77HX V13RTX 4090 175W, i9 13980HX OC: P-Cores 5.8Ghz 3 cores and 5.2Ghz 5 cores and E-Cores 4.3Ghz, 192GB of RAM @5600Mhz @3600 (chipset limit),

12TB (3x4TB) of NVMe, 17'3 inch 4K 144Hz MiniLED screen, 4x 17'3 ASUS portable USB-C Monitors 240Hz, Creative Sound Blaster G6 Sound Card, Portable 16TB NVMe in TB4 enclosures (8x2TB), Razer Basilisk Ultimate Wireless with charging dock gaming mouse, Keychron K3 gaming keyboard with blue switches low profile, Logitech Brio 4K Webcam.

Hand held: ROG Ally with XG Mobile RTX 3080 with Keychron K3 low profile keyboard (Blue Switches) and Razer Hyperspeed V3 mouse and 4TB NVMe upgrade (WDBlack SN850X), with 100W 20000Mah power bank and portable monitor ROG XG17AHP 17'3 inch 240Hz with built in battery, and 518Wh Power station for Camping.

9 minutes ago, TheNaitsyrk said:

If 1800X is really that fast, and when reviewers release benchmarks, I will be replacing my 6800K and ASUS RAMPAGE V EXTREME with 1800X and ASUS x370 motherboard. I literally sold my laptop to get it, and then I'd wait to sell my 6800k and RVE to buy similar laptop back later.

Nice.

1700 if they OC as high as the rest. If not probably the 1700X.

1 hour ago, Dan1 said:

I think that they're going to release those 6 cores and 4 core in 2nd quarter of 2017.

They are announced officially so yeah it's obvious

I would probably get the 1700 or 1700x becuase there cheaper and i can overclock them to gain performance

I Preordered the 1700x and the Asus Crosshair mobo...I never preorder tech and never personally use ASUS...so this is wow much different then the norm for me..

@syrazpc - for all my rambles about PC's -- My Gallifreyan Build In Progress

na. Hardly really utilise the 5820K. 

Need those proper benchmarks and OC results too. 5GHz or bust. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III