Xbox one won't Play games on Day one.

MzCatieB

"Microsoft's Xbox One will not be able to play even disc-based games on day one without a mandatory update to the system."

"Functionally, you will be able to do very little without taking the day one update" 

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2013-11-08-xbox-one-wont-play-games-on-day-one-without-mandatory-update

Xbox_one_console_controller_too.jpg

Character artist in the Games industry.

Hahahahahahhahahahahaha. This amuses me greatly. I feel so sorry for people who have terrible internet that may have to wait hours (maybe even longer) to use their machine.

|i5 3570k @4.4Ghz | Asus Maximus V Gene | 8gb Corsair XMS3 | 2 x MSI HD7970 OC @ 1175mhz | 512gb Crucial M4 | Corsair AX750 | Fractal Design Define Mini | Dell P2416D 

To be fair, same is basically true with a computer, between the drivers, the windows updates and what not, you really need to have a internet access to fully realize your machine. Not that this isn't amusing. The PS4 also has a day one patch to enable much functionality, including the blueray player, FYI. http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/10/25/ps4-system-software-update-1-50-details/

Intel 3570k @ 4.4 GHz |Asus Sabertooth Z77 |EVGA GTX 660 Ti FTW |Kingston HyperX Beast 16 Gb DDR3 1866 (2x8Gb)

|Samsung 840 250 GB |Western Digital Green 2TB 2x |Cooler Master 850w 80+ Gold |Custom Water Cooling Loop |Noctua NF-F12 4x
|Noctua NF-A14 3x |Corsair Carbide 500R (White) |Corsair K95 |Razer Mamba |Razer Megalodon |Samsung SyncMaster T220 2x Computer Bucket List   Greatest Thread Ever   WAN Show Drinking Game  GPU Buyers Guide

Microsoft fails us ONCE AGAIN! HOW F*CKING SURPRISING!!!!

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

so everyone that want to go offline is getting fucked...

gg microsoft...

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

*facedesk*

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla

Title is kinda misleading it should be xbox one won't be able to play games without the day one update.

i intentionally mis-quoted to gain interest in the post... its what media do all the time (common practice :P

Character artist in the Games industry.

106649.gif

Hope I could help!

Specs: CPU: AMD FX-8320 @4.0ghz GPU: ASUS DCUII GTX 770 PSU: EVGA Supernova 750g CASE: Fractal Define R4 RAM: 8 Gigabytes ADATA 1333 Mhz MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3

It's getting juicier and juicier as we get closer to launch.

PC SYSTEM: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 / i5 2500k @ 4.2ghz / CM Hyper 212 EVO / Gigabyte 670 OC SLI / MSI P67A-GD53 B3 / Kingston HyperX Blue 8Gb / 

WD 2tb Storage Drive / BenQ GW2750HM - ASUS VE248H - Panasonic TX-P42ST60BCorsair AX750 / Logitech K360 / Razer Naga / Plantronics Gamecom 380 /

Asus Xonar DGX / Samsung 830 256gb / MEDIA eMachine ER1401 running OpenELEC XBMC with Seagate STBV3000200 3TB Hard Drive - Panasonic TX-P42ST60B

Just to be fair this is not just Microsoft (as per my earlier post, Sony as well). Yes it is funny, but the blatant Xbox bashing should realistically include Sony as well.

Intel 3570k @ 4.4 GHz |Asus Sabertooth Z77 |EVGA GTX 660 Ti FTW |Kingston HyperX Beast 16 Gb DDR3 1866 (2x8Gb)

|Samsung 840 250 GB |Western Digital Green 2TB 2x |Cooler Master 850w 80+ Gold |Custom Water Cooling Loop |Noctua NF-F12 4x
|Noctua NF-A14 3x |Corsair Carbide 500R (White) |Corsair K95 |Razer Mamba |Razer Megalodon |Samsung SyncMaster T220 2x Computer Bucket List   Greatest Thread Ever   WAN Show Drinking Game  GPU Buyers Guide

Just to be fair this is not just Microsoft (as per my earlier post, Sony as well). Yes it is funny, but the blatant Xbox bashing should realistically include Sony as well.

Yes but the PS4 doesn't require the update to play games, just to enable certain features.

Not everyone has good internet.

PC SYSTEM: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 / i5 2500k @ 4.2ghz / CM Hyper 212 EVO / Gigabyte 670 OC SLI / MSI P67A-GD53 B3 / Kingston HyperX Blue 8Gb / 

WD 2tb Storage Drive / BenQ GW2750HM - ASUS VE248H - Panasonic TX-P42ST60BCorsair AX750 / Logitech K360 / Razer Naga / Plantronics Gamecom 380 /

Asus Xonar DGX / Samsung 830 256gb / MEDIA eMachine ER1401 running OpenELEC XBMC with Seagate STBV3000200 3TB Hard Drive - Panasonic TX-P42ST60B

Yes but the PS4 doesn't require the update to play games, just to enable certain features.

Not everyone has good internet.

Those features include the blueray player, online multiplayer, voice chat, music player, screen shots and recording. I never said it wasnt silly, just that the one sided bashing should be one inclusive. :D

Those features include the blueray player, online multiplayer, voice chat, music player, screen shots and recording. I never said it wasnt silly, just that the one sided bashing should be one inclusive. :D

Well its much more fun to bash on Xbox :)

Least you can still play games....nice if you haven't got a particularly good internet and want to wait alittle until everyone is done bombarding Microsoft servers as soon as they come up.

Well, goodbye all the offline players, was nice knowin' ya.

It was never possible to play the XB1 offline on launch day. MS has been saying since they got rid of their DRM that the console would require a day-one patch to function. The PS4 REQUIRES a day-one patch as well. You simply can not be offline from the word go on either console.

To be fair, same is basically true with a computer, between the drivers, the windows updates and what not, you really need to have a internet access to fully realize your machine. Not that this isn't amusing. The PS4 also has a day one patch to enable much functionality, including the blueray player, FYI. http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/10/25/ps4-system-software-update-1-50-details/

careful man, you're bringing logic in to a flame war. 

careful man, you're bringing logic in to a flame war. 

Ack. You're right that has no place here. lol :)

Doesn't bother me at all. I have stable Internet so this doesn't affect me too much even though I'm waiting until the next iteration of the Xbox one and ps4 before purchasing the consoles. I can see where this screws people without a stable connection but it shouldn't be too hard to get the day one patch, assuming it isn't a large size.