Ryzen CPU Lineup Possibly Leaked

CallMeDrJones

WCCFTech reporting, so take it with a heap of salt. Interesting positioning AMD is doing if this is true though. Naming scheme for almost all of the chips (1X00) correspond to the Intel Broadwell-E and Kaby Lake SKUs we'd expect them to be competing with (R5 1600X vs i5 7600K, R5 1500 vs  i5 7500). Crossing my fingers that goes for price as well...I'd love to see a R7 1800X "Black" edition in the same price neighborhood as a 6800K, though that's probably wishful thinking since they've been putting it up against the 6900K in most tests.

WCCF's source:

http://www.coolaler.com/threads/amd-r7、r5、r3-型號出爐-有17款之多.342093/

amd-ryzen_r7_r5_r3.png

1 minute ago, CallMeDrJones said:

"Black" edition

In the past that just meant they were overclockable, all Ryzen CPUs are able to overclock.

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

No dual core? This changes things quite a bit

No 10 core cpu to rival the i7 6950x?

2 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

That would have been epic. AMD, back from the dead. Apparently not.

Better dead than Red.

Pheonix

---------------

CPU: i5 2500k @ 4.6ghz Mobo: Asrock Z77 Extreme4 RAM: G.Skill 16gb of DDR3 @ 1600mhz GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1060 6gb Extreme Gaming PSU: EVGA 700B Storage: 480GB SP SSD and a 960GB Ultra II Sandisk. Cooler: Cryorig H7 Case: Phanteks P400. 

All 8-core CPUs were confirmed by AMD to be at 3.4GHz+, so this is bogus.

1 minute ago, deXxterlab97 said:

Dual cores come when the APUs come. And the 8-core version was the max core count from the get-go.

Ye ole' train

This is 2017 for God sake. It's time to stop making dual cores.

Dual cores should have died a long time ago. If you can manufacture quad cores just as cheap, there is no reason to bother with dual cores.

6950X isn't even worth competing against, hardly any profit return trying.

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

I must say I like how they implemented the "R" instead of the "i" thing that intel has going on. I was wondering how they were going to do that. 

Thumbs up, AMD.

Better dead than Red.

Pheonix

---------------

CPU: i5 2500k @ 4.6ghz Mobo: Asrock Z77 Extreme4 RAM: G.Skill 16gb of DDR3 @ 1600mhz GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1060 6gb Extreme Gaming PSU: EVGA 700B Storage: 480GB SP SSD and a 960GB Ultra II Sandisk. Cooler: Cryorig H7 Case: Phanteks P400. 

Those are some interesting names for CPUs, thought they would keep the FX name.  Also, so many different variants for the same amount of cores..

"Hyper Demon" Build: 

Case: NZXT H440 Hyper Beast.  CPU: AMD R9 3900x (cooled by a KrakeX62).  GPU: AMD XFX RX 6900XT Merc 319 Black.  RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 32GB ram @3600mhz.  Mobo: Asus Crosshair VI hero. PSU: Corsair RM850x.  Boot drive: Samsung 960 evo 500gb nvme ssd.  Game storage: Samsung 860 evo 1TB SATA SSD.  Bulk storage: WD Black 2TB.  

2 minutes ago, Darth Revan said:

But they're cheap. And they work. 

Hyperthreading makes them the go-to for low-budget gaming, although I must say I hope Ryzen changes that.

Better dead than Red.

Pheonix

---------------

1 minute ago, Java said:

Those are some interesting names for CPUs, thought they would keep the FX name. 

Bulldozer fucked that up for them, FX now means second grade CPU.

Slowly...In the hollows of the trees, In the shadow of the leaves, In the space between the waves, In the whispers of the wind,In the bottom of the well, In the darkness of the eaves...

Slowly places that had been silent for who knows how long... Stopped being Silent.

@DeadEyePsycho Indeed. Not familiar with previous AMD labeling conventions but I'm aware that all the Ryzen chips are overclockable. 

What I really want to know, and I don't know if AMD has explicitly addressed this, is how XFR and manual overclocking will work together, if at all.

3 minutes ago, DeadEyePsycho said:

In the past that just meant they were overclockable, all Ryzen CPUs are able to overclock.

That is, assuming that the BE's were the only overclockable chips in a lineup. Otherwise, it meant that they were supposedly prebinned and better overclockers than non-BE's.

2 minutes ago, DeadEyePsycho said:

Dual cores should have died a long time ago.

2 minutes ago, Darth Revan said:

Dual cores have their places in office settings and for systems that are used for Facebook & YouTube. They also could become the chips powering future high end set top boxes to counter systems like the Roku and various Android TV boxes.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

2 minutes ago, JR8 said:

But they're cheap. And they work. 

So is the Pentium D. That doesn't mean we should still make them.

3 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Dual cores have their places in office settings and for systems that are used for Facebook & YouTube. They also could become the chips powering future high end set top boxes to counter systems like the Roku and various Android TV boxes.

You conveniently excluded the second part of my statement. If you can manufacture quad cores at the same price of a dual core, then there is no reason to have dual cores.

6 minutes ago, Megah3rtz said:

I feel like this is a bunch of bullshit and websites are just feeding off the hype. AMD already said the 8cores would have 3.4baseclock and an unknown turbo. 

Could be. I would expect both of the 1800 series to run at 3.4+ base clocks though, which would be consistent with what they've announced so far. No reason they won't release more lower clocked variants to pad their segments.

1 minute ago, DeadEyePsycho said:

You conveniently excluded the second part of my statement. If you can manufacture quad cores at the same price of a dual core, then there is no reason to have dual cores.

Not going to touch a part of an argument that isn't easily proved or disproven without insider knowledge.

But it stands to reason that the costs of manufacturing a dual core is lower than a quad core - you're producing half the components per die, meaning that you get around twice as many dies from a wafer for the same cost.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

16 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

i think people are too fixated on core count

and AMD quadcore performs the same as an intel dual core in the past anyways

are you looking for lower dual core performance 

or are you looking for lower TDP options

Photography / Finance / Gaming

1 minute ago, Drak3 said:

Not going to touch a part of an argument that isn't easily proved or disproven without insider knowledge.

But it stands to reason that the costs of manufacturing a dual core is lower than a quad core - you're producing half the components per die, meaning that you get around twice as many dies from a wafer for the same cost.

You know they disable two cores on quad cores to make dual cores right?

5 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

thats, thats not how it works. Basically every chip is the same they just laser of the components they dont want. Basically the best chips are i7 and so on 

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Those who know much are aware that they know little. - Slick roasting me

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

Offical first poster LTT V2.0

4 minutes ago, DeadEyePsycho said:

@Clanscorpia

That hasn't been true for quite a few years now, at least from Intel's side. The Core i3 and Core i7 come from different wafers, and dies that are unacceptable are turned into Celeron & Pentium, and Core i5, respectively.

Also, even if dual cores were quad cores, but cut back. Those dual cores would have had defective cores had they stayed quad cores, resulting in either negative market response or throwing away money just scrapping them.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

1 minute ago, Drak3 said:

@Clanscorpia

That hasn't been true for quite a few years now, at least from Intel's side. The Core i3 and Core i7 come from different wafers, and dies that are unacceptable are turned into Celeron & Pentium, and Core i5, respectively.

Also, even if dual cores were quad cores, but cut back. Those dual cores would have had defective cores had they stayed quad cores, resulting in either negative market response or throwing away money just scrapping them.

So they still laser it off, just 2 different wafers. And Im well informed what would happen if they didnt laser them

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Those who know much are aware that they know little. - Slick roasting me

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

Offical first poster LTT V2.0

6 minutes ago, DeadEyePsycho said:

That hasn't really been a thing since the Phenom II's (and maybe the FX lineup since they're more or less just fancy Phenoms).

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

1 minute ago, mok said:

i think people are too fixated on core count

and AMD quadcore performs the same as an intel dual core in the past anyways

are you looking for lower dual core performance 

or are you looking for lower TDP options

Exactly. Core counts aren't everything. On the high end, I'm not realistically expecting the 1800X (if that ends up being its name) to keep pace with the 6900K in every real-world application. But if it can perform equivalently to, or perhaps a bit better than a 12-thread 6850k for a bit less $$$ then I would consider my wait well worth it.