Alleged AMD Vega Performance Benchmarks

2 minutes ago, Prysin said:

who plays are 1080p anymore? Filthy casuals!

Haha I know right, but current survey shows only like 1.58% @ 1440P, 1366 x 768 is like 25.45% and 1080P is as high as 38.98%

http://store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey?platform=pc

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

1 minute ago, stealth80 said:

Haha I know right, but current survey shows only like 1.58% @ 1440P, 1366 x 768 is like 25.45% and 1080P is as high as 38.98%

http://store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey?platform=pc

steam isnt remotely close to being accurate for gamers world wide. Sure, it has what 14 million users? World of Warcraft has what? 8 million active users atm?.....

Same with LOL, Guildwars 2 and Overwatch. Dont use steam, has millions upon millions of players.

cool.

If it actually performs near this fast, it'll be great. It's still coming too little too late, though.

I used to be quite active here.

24 minutes ago, Prysin said:

steam isnt remotely close to being accurate for gamers world wide. Sure, it has what 14 million users? World of Warcraft has what? 8 million active users atm?.....

Same with LOL, Guildwars 2 and Overwatch. Dont use steam, has millions upon millions of players.

It isn't accurate but I highly doubt the number of 4k gamers exceeds 2%, since the price of the screens alone is beyond what many people pay for entire PCs, hence 4k is currently irrelevant to most people.

(though high end is where the profit margins are I'll admit)

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

please edit the title of this thread with ''confirmed fake'' and lock it!

https://www.guru3d.com/news-story/presumable-fake-vega10-benchmarks.html

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

12 minutes ago, Aleksiandrovich said:

I think he was making more a point of comparison - it's easier to take the most used platform for gaming and their statistics rather than getting all of that from the other company(s) (collectively) that don't make this stuff readily available.

most used platform for gaming? Please just dont.

Game playerbases:

Guildwars 2 -> 5 million users (info from ArenaNet's poster on their second anniversary) (not a steam game)

WOW -> 8 million active users (not a steam game)

Overwatch -> 20 million users (active user count not found. Not a steam game)

League of Legends -> 27 million users play each day, 63 million users play on a monthly basis. Numbers are from RIOT news post in 2014. (not a steam game.)

So where is steam in the grand scheme of things?!

Steam -> 14million active users

XBOX One -> 26 million units (aka users)

Playstation 4 -> 51 million units (aka users)

PC gaming (overall) -> estimated to 300 millions to 1 billion users.

Steam aint that big, in the grand scope of things. It is insignificant in every way. ANd the hardware survey should be treated as a pointer and not proof.

2 minutes ago, Kumaresh said:

I seriously doubt it, but if Vega 10 is really the smaller Vega, Nvidia is fucked until Volta or maybe even after.......

AMD has pretty much always had the more powerful hardware spec wise, it's just that the architecture couldn't saturate the entirety of that power which is supposedly fixed with Vega.

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

1 minute ago, Kumaresh said:

I seriously doubt it, but if Vega 10 is really the smaller Vega, Nvidia is fucked until Volta or maybe even after.......

I also doubt that given how Nvida already planned for the next 5 years, they have money to burn in R&D thus if pushed they can simply move up the schedule, however it could negate profits from Pascal if they are forced to move up the schedule so it would hurt just not to the point of being screwed due to the piles of money they already have.

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

Please let this be true! I really need to replace my GPU....

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

1 hour ago, Prysin said:

I can't play at 1440p... It looks odd to me (might just be the 60 hertz monitor)

CPU: Intel i7 7700K | GPU: ROG Strix GTX 1080Ti | PSU: Seasonic X-1250 (faulty) | Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200Mhz 16GB | OS Drive: Western Digital Black NVMe 250GB | Game Drive(s): Samsung 970 Evo 500GB, Hitachi 7K3000 3TB 3.5" | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z270x Gaming 7 | Case: Fractal Design Define S (No Window and modded front Panel) | Monitor(s): Dell S2716DG G-Sync 144Hz, Acer R240HY 60Hz (Dead) | Keyboard: G.SKILL RIPJAWS KM780R MX | Mouse: Steelseries Sensei 310 (Striked out parts are sold or dead, awaiting zen2 parts)

3 hours ago, YoloSwag said:

***I did not find any news of the sort in the forum, but I may be mistaken, if so kindly delete or move this thread. Thanks***

So, some more believable benchmarks of AMD's Vega card has shown up in a forum that says it came from HWBatttle a Korean website.

I had trouble finding it in the website itself but the links are here to the forum.

I'd say these benchmarks are believable since AMD would want its top Vega to compete with the GTX 1080 Ti which should have a similar performance with the Titan as with previous generations of the Ti and Titan.

The alleged Vega card is said to be the 8GB version. These are 4K benchmarks by the way. Links are here -

I would love to upload the images but my crappy new won't allow it :(

I don't find these realistic.  But more hopeful.

Please spend as much time writing your question, as you want me to spend responding to it.  Take some time, and explain your issue, please!

Spoiler

If you need to learn how to install Windows, check here:  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/324871-guide-how-to-install-windows-the-right-way/

Event Viewer 101: https://youtu.be/GiF9N3fJbnE

1 hour ago, Prysin said:

Its something called a sample size...  Its probably as accurate as could possibly be. 

Please spend as much time writing your question, as you want me to spend responding to it.  Take some time, and explain your issue, please!

Spoiler

If you need to learn how to install Windows, check here:  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/324871-guide-how-to-install-windows-the-right-way/

Event Viewer 101: https://youtu.be/GiF9N3fJbnE

3 minutes ago, Prysin said:

and your thermal throttling i7

actually ever since the power cut out a couple of days ago it has been acting fine. No more problems...

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

I knew these were fake once I saw those shady pictures. But none the less, they're still tuning the card no. Want, actual, benchmarks! Nau!

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

3 hours ago, TOMPPIX said:

i was about to say, im on Sweclockers a lot and i havent seen anything about Vega benchmarks

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

29 minutes ago, XenosTech said:

I can't play at 1440p... It looks odd to me 

Do you mean it looks clearer?
lmao

"If you ain't first, you're last"

1 minute ago, Memories4K said:

Do you mean it looks clearer?
lmao

nope it just look weird and I play worse at 1440 p than at 1080 p

CPU: Intel i7 7700K | GPU: ROG Strix GTX 1080Ti | PSU: Seasonic X-1250 (faulty) | Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200Mhz 16GB | OS Drive: Western Digital Black NVMe 250GB | Game Drive(s): Samsung 970 Evo 500GB, Hitachi 7K3000 3TB 3.5" | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z270x Gaming 7 | Case: Fractal Design Define S (No Window and modded front Panel) | Monitor(s): Dell S2716DG G-Sync 144Hz, Acer R240HY 60Hz (Dead) | Keyboard: G.SKILL RIPJAWS KM780R MX | Mouse: Steelseries Sensei 310 (Striked out parts are sold or dead, awaiting zen2 parts)

4 hours ago, YoloSwag said:

I doubt any of the "reputable reviewers" would say something anyway because of the NDAs.

So all leaked information will definitely come outside. This is something that will go on and on.

It's not even about NDA's at this point.  The card is scheduled for late h1 ( presumably may or june).  Even if amd has final silicon ( which they probably dont,  seeing the release dates), they haven't shipped it to reviewers yet,  and won't for some time.  Any leaked benchmarks we get will be from engineering samples 

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

The performance of Vega might be around those numbers. But probably fake.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking

3 hours ago, Prysin said:

Yeah, I play at 1200P

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

15 minutes ago, Prysin said:

filthy casual! shame on you!!

16:10!

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

3 hours ago, Prysin said:

Steam -> 14million active users

You need to update your numbers a bit.

https://www.vg247.com/2015/02/24/steam-has-over-125-million-active-users-8-9m-concurrent-peak/

And that's from 2015 (no new info since).

It has peaked 14m in the last 4 hours alone (it is at all time high atm). That is far from 14m active users and almost 60% increase in peak numbers alone. 

http://store.steampowered.com/stats/

It is far from insignificant. It is one of the most active, if not the most active platform/whatever you wish to call it. Their hardware surveys are meh though.

I'm no white knight here, I don't even like Steam. :P

Also LOL has more than 100m monthly players (which is 8x of DOTA).

http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2016/09/13/riot-games-reveals-league-of-legends-has-100-million-monthly-players/#34c1924010b1

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own.