Apperantly no 6core RyZen sku

Space Reptile

(please tell if retoast) 

According to PCGH & there source zolkorn.com ,  RyZen is Rumored to have no 6 core sku

http://www.pcgameshardware.de/AMD-Zen-Codename-261795/News/Ryzen-Sechskern-CPUs-1219327/   (this is in german)

Die thailändische Webseite zolkorn.com möchte von "verlässlichen" Quellen erfahren haben, dass AMD mit Summit Ridge, der ersten Ryzen-CPU-Generation, nur Modelle mit vier oder acht Kernen anbieten werde. Die Webseite war auf der Taipei Game Show vertreten, wo Biostar seine AM4-Mainboards mit X370- und B350-Chipsätzen vorgestellt hat - wenn man auf solchen Events die richtigen Leute fragt, gegebenenfalls nach dem einen oder anderen Bier, kann man dort durchaus solche Informationen bekommen

apparently is from a "reputable source" according to the Taiwanese website zolkorn.com wich attended CES and might have had some contacts there 

> heres a rough translation in the spoiler <

Spoiler

Is approaching every now and then for a moment that gamers around the world have been waiting for a long time either fans or AMD's AMD that had anxiously want real answers all together. For a family of CPU from AMD, RYZEN asked if the response before launching it. Considered to be a really good hot it is primarily a matter of strength. If AMD is based on what has been said over the years, including the removal of a press conference to reveal NEW HORIZON ago, it seems RYZEN of AMD is likely to do well as boasting. Said it is in force, up from the CPU IPC in their current 40% but it is still not clear as to the level immediately decide whether to or not. We still have to wait for an answer to. And by the time the textbook. From the information that has come out as expected at the end of the month. February, we would have the answer for sure.

For today, I have new information with each other a little bit. This information is obtained from reliable sources. One of the issues in question, one that continues to be debated throughout. For the number of cores / threads of the CPU in each family or each class. Which we know that in this age of RYZEN then, AMD has made a racist or strength in the market is the code that looks similar to the pattern of the market, Intel has split. Core i7, i5 and i3 by AMD will be divided into AMD SR7, SR5 and SR3 and the point is debatable. OK, SR3 and SR5 CPU family, it comes in the form of the family SR7 which is a major upgrade that it was clearly a CPU with 8 cores, 16 threads.

One of the reasons the issue became controversial because of that. Once we have come to acknowledge that AMD will have to produce a DIE CPU family ZEN or RYZEN only two forms namely DIE is 8-core and 4-core, so initially we would. I guess in a small RYZEN SR3 will be a four-core CPU in the course will be open SMT or simply said that Hyper-Threading. To make a trade work eight trade or not. No confirmed But something suspicious was the SR5 we are looking at how it will come out in two formats is 6 core 12 thread or 8 cores, 8 threads, and by including the speculations of the media. he came out of it looking like that will come in SR5 6 core 12 thread, but today I had a definite answer increasingly come together.

For a summary of the number of CPU cores, the number of traders in each class then. To come out here, I can not confirm 100% full, but it was the information I received is something that would be in accordance with the table top that's it, that's OK then RYZEN SR5 come. in eight cores, 8 threads, not 6 cores, 12 threads, according to the assessment, but somehow the SR3 will be the four cores and eight threads from where we see it. It is a remake cents to me. Because of that, you can choose to SR5 with 8 cores, it is ideal as a whole comes out, it will become one of SR7 fit by closing the Hyper-Threading to only have to sit off the court hassles. What

The one thing that may be a disappointment to fans AMD enough for someone who never expected to be on the cards in Crossfire or SLI looking at how we can work together in a 16x + 16x. certainly, but with the information we received, stated that the CPU will come with PCI Express 3.0 has a number of top players is 16x, so it means that the user Crossfire or SLI, it becomes 8x +. 8x instead, and with one more interesting is that in the matter of the past, which Overclock, AMD said it all along that there would be openness in this matter. But the information I received indicated that the motherboard chipset and B350 X370 only to be able to overclock the card in the A320 can not be overclocking.

So in terms of overclocking. If anyone ever look like that will be a small motherboard, CPU, then rolled save power by overclocking instead, it may not do it anymore. This at least will have to board the B350 and another point that may disappoint again. There is a possibility that To use the card. Crossfire / SLI It can be done on the chipset code X370 or X300 Series models only small ineligible.

So I went into a very long, but arranged to complete it. The event would have to wait. Only then wait to see that. It will come out on exactly how it came to this, then in the end it was quite a lot of conflict with previous data. But if it is based on the information I have been coming here. It is believed that both pleasant and not so pleasant, certainly, because it forms a market that Intel would like to do it.

Edited by GoodBytes
No tags allowed on title

RyzenAir : AMD R5 3600 | AsRock AB350M Pro4 | 32gb Aegis DDR4 3000 | GTX 1070 FE | Fractal Design Node 804
RyzenITX : Ryzen 7 1700 | GA-AB350N-Gaming WIFI | 16gb DDR4 2666 | GTX 1060 | Cougar QBX 

PSU Tier list

i have heard rumors of a 4 core and 6 core since a long time back

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Since Zen consists of 4-core modules, I always wondered what the 6-core rumours were about. Unless they'd disable two cores from the 8-core then.

9 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

i have heard rumors of a 4 core and 6 core since a long time back

I heard rumours of no 6 core SKU for a long time back as well...it was rumored to be something to do with how AMD now makes their CPUs in "modules" of 4 cores or something...

Why don't we just wait till AMD officially releases Ryzen? :D 

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

2 minutes ago, Levis95l said:

Since Zen consists of 4-core modules, I always wondered what the 6-core rumours were about. Unless they'd disable two cores from the 8-core then.

Indeed. I suspected 6 cores might not be available due to the architecture arrangement. Well, unless defective 8 core SKUs can be transformed into 6 core SKUs without a hitch.  I mean it might cause trouble with other parts of the chip if two cores are disabled due to that peculiar arrangement.

1 minute ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

I heard rumours of no 6 core SKU for a long time back as well...it was rumored to be something to do with how AMD now makes their CPUs in "modules" of 4 cores or something...

Why don't we just wait till AMD officially releases Ryzen? :D 

yep, i really want there to be a 6 core tho, thats the one i would want if i was going to upgrade

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

1 minute ago, DrMikeNZ said:

That is far too logical.

Well this is LTT forums after all where the hype train never stawps :P 

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

@GoodBytes 

thanks for the tag headup, i was unaware of that , im still new to newsposting 

RyzenAir : AMD R5 3600 | AsRock AB350M Pro4 | 32gb Aegis DDR4 3000 | GTX 1070 FE | Fractal Design Node 804
RyzenITX : Ryzen 7 1700 | GA-AB350N-Gaming WIFI | 16gb DDR4 2666 | GTX 1060 | Cougar QBX 

PSU Tier list

Wouldn't be interested then. Unless somehow the non-HT 8-core is priced under an i5.

If not I'll just buy a used 3930K or later.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Also has been stated that bios bugs are keeping the 4 core parts from launching in February and are going to launch in the late spring/early summer as well (I suppose alongside Vega).

http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/amr-ryzen-new-speculation-on-prices-and-release.html

Fractal Design Define C | Intel Core i7 7700k | Corsair H100i V2 | Gigabyte Z270X Gaming 7 | Seasonic Prime 750 | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X
16gb G.Skill Trident Z | Samsung 960 Evo NVMe 500gb | Razer Black Widow Chroma | Razer Death Adder Chroma | Razer Firefly | Dell U2515H

1 hour ago, Trixanity said:

Indeed. I suspected 6 cores might not be available due to the architecture arrangement. Well, unless defective 8 core SKUs can be transformed into 6 core SKUs without a hitch.  I mean it might cause trouble with other parts of the chip if two cores are disabled due to that peculiar arrangement.

i dont think amd would just throw away a die that has one core not working, they will probably have something, and that something is probably a 6 core.

i dont believe they would sell those dies as a 4 core. 

22 minutes ago, cj09beira said:

i dont think amd would just throw away a die that has one core not working, they will probably have something, and that something is probably a 6 core.

i dont believe they would sell those dies as a 4 core. 

Didn't they do something like this in the past.. selling 3 core CPU that has 4, where one of the 4 core was broken and disabled. I mean this is nothing new in the GPU space.

1 minute ago, GoodBytes said:

Didn't they do something like this in the past.. selling 3 core CPU that has 4, where one of the 4 core was broken and disabled. I mean this is nothing new in the GPU space.

Oh yea , the famous Phenom X3 , a very popular chip ,

so popular in fact that amd sold fully functional quad cores as tri cores to meet demand wich let the demand rise further after people figured out how to unlock them 

PSU Tier list

1 minute ago, GoodBytes said:

its done all the time, they disable cache sometimes, if some doesn't work,  even the 6950X is a 12 core with 2 disabled cores,  

I guess it will depend with manufacturing chips, it's completely new and so called 4 core modules, so I guess the bad ones on 8c and make it 6c then.
We'll see, it wouldn't be anything new like that. I'm interested in 8c 16t one myself. Though I wonder how entire lineup will be.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

To those talking about modules, that term only applies to their current CPU+APU.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

12 minutes ago, Dabombinable said:

To those talking about modules, that term only applies to their current CPU+APU.

CCX then.

slide_9-1440x810.png

This rumour dates quite a wile back although this time it may be more accurate. Either way I wouldn't be surprised, this time around they're using 4 core blocks instead of 2 core ones so it's to be expected that running a 6 core SKU would be just as expensive as an 8 core one.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Just now, Trixanity said:

CCX then.

slide_9-1440x810.png

That's just a fancy term for shared L3 cache. And its kind of a weird implementation as well.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

5 hours ago, huilun02 said:

Omg more official hype churning announcements from AMD this is why I hate them and Ryzen will be a failure.

Why release at all when in user benchmarks, Coffeelake is proven to outperform Ryzen and 1080Ti proven to outperform Vega? 

It's rumour and we don't have solid info to back up any of those claims. Even if both of those were true "price" is a thing.

CPU - Ryzen Threadripper 2950X | Motherboard - X399 GAMING PRO CARBON AC | RAM - G.Skill Trident Z RGB 4x8GB DDR4-3200 14-13-13-21 | GPU - Aorus GTX 1080 Ti Waterforce WB Xtreme Edition | Case - Inwin 909 (Silver) | Storage - Samsung 950 Pro 500GB, Samsung 970 Evo 500GB, Samsung 840 Evo 500GB, HGST DeskStar 6TB, WD Black 2TB | PSU - Corsair AX1600i | Display - DELL ULTRASHARP U3415W |

9 hours ago, GoodBytes said:

AMD have always done this, back in the Athlon XP days you could buy an Athlon 1800+ and turn it into a 2200+ by shorting out 2 capacitors on the back of the chip using nothing more than a pencil.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

That is not true. 

Slowly...In the hollows of the trees, In the shadow of the leaves, In the space between the waves, In the whispers of the wind,In the bottom of the well, In the darkness of the eaves...

Slowly places that had been silent for who knows how long... Stopped being Silent.