WARNING Do Not Buy From NCIX Outlet Store (or maybe at all?)

kevinb2001
6 minutes ago, Teddy07 said:

wtf no customer protection in the US?

I don't live in the US.

As for consumer protection, the product must function. If it's damaged or doesn't work, the retailer has the option to replace or repair it. But they're not required to refund you your money. If the product is perfectly fine, then they don't have do do anything for you. Which is exactly how it should be.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

39 minutes ago, dizmo said:

I don't live in the US.

As for consumer protection, the product must function. If it's damaged or doesn't work, the retailer has the option to replace or repair it. But they're not required to refund you your money. If the product is perfectly fine, then they don't have do do anything for you. Which is exactly how it should be.

In Germany we have to be given three attempts at replacing or repairing the goods before we have to issue a refund, and the buyer has to give us those three attempts before they can sue for damages. After 6 months the burden of proof shifts from the vendor/manufacturer to the customer, too.

Giving a refund earlier is purely a good-will gesture by the vendor/manufacturer.

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

13 hours ago, Enderman said:

idk, buying from ebay always looks like a horrible idea.

Even though in this case, the only reason OP got a refund, was because he bought it off eBay.... If they refused he could have just opened a case and likelihood being won in his favour. 

eBay isn't the problem here. 

Also, that eBay store is linked through their outlet site. So I don't think it's some account with NCIX in the name that someone's bought to sell fucked motherboard. More the case that, with most Outlets, they recieve returned products, don't bother checking them and just sell them straight on at discounted prices 

Spoiler

1.JPG

8 minutes ago, Fetzie said:

In Germany we have to be given three attempts at replacing or repairing the goods before we have to issue a refund, and the buyer has to give us those three attempts before they can sue for damages. After 6 months the burden of proof shifts from the vendor/manufacturer to the customer, too.

Giving a refund earlier is purely a good-will gesture by the vendor/manufacturer.

If it's defective. In Canada there's no limit to the amount of times they try, they have to give you something working.

I don't think there's a limit, as I haven't really heard about people having to try more than once.

It is. It also results in a great deal of waste.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

9 hours ago, Kloaked said:

If you call this whining then you have a poor definition of what that is.

1.3 A feeble or petulant complaint:
‘a constant whine about the quality of public services’

sorry I don't speak American, i use British english

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

It didn't arrive with 1x RAM latch broken, and RAM slots 1&2 with damaged traces (RAM is recognised, but it won't post with those slots filled, so its only a single channel board now). And NCIX did actually respond and offer a full refund (I had to go through Paypal because the seller was point blank refusing+changed the description after my purchase to "broken or for repairs").

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

21 hours ago, kevinb2001 said:

do you want to return it at our cost for a full refund?

dude offers you this, and you still flip brownies at him.

retailers treat you in the same way you treat them, if you're gonna be an ass in their direction, they're gonna be an ass back. they keep their legal/humane requirements, they offer you a stretch (if it was a sealed box, this would basicly sensibly indicate that it was your fault, if it wasnt a sealed box you should send it back under having not received what you ordered) and you still feel the need to completely jab them down pretty much attacking the credibility of their staff.

i'm sorry dude, but you didnt even deserve a refund, you deserve a broken freaking motherboard.

21 hours ago, kevinb2001 said:

SNIP

Yeah, it sucks how some companies decide that you have tried to scam them... but to be fair also, there are a lot of people including on this forum that would have no problem sending back a motherboard/CPU or whatever that THEY broke and claim that it arrived that way. So can see it from both sides, but the company really should just see sense really and not piss off customers by implying they broke it.

I have had a similar experience, not with computer parts though... I couldn't prove it arrived that way and they "as a gesture of good will this one time, we will replace it or refund it", so I took the refund and told them that I would no longer be a customer of theirs for the implication they made... a place that I used to spend a few thousand pounds at a year I might add, OK no big loss to a big company, but once word gets around that they have shocking customer service and next thing you know they go bankrupt when nobody will buy from them anymore.

Anyway, to forstall this kind of thing in the future at least as much as I can, I now do unboxing videos of pretty much anything I buy through the post... it's a pain in the ass to do all that, but sometimes I can't remember what the items exactly will be when opening the boxes or bags, I have to do them all. If I knew for certain that the box contained a £5 item of something, then I wouldn't bother maybe though.

So far I haven't had anything that's been wrecked... but have caught several boxes from Amazon that were pretty much open already as they were so badly damaged during delivery (I made the delivery driver wait while I opened it to check the items inside, I told him it was either that or I don't sign for it), they were OK as luck would have it. Had items turn up with the security seal opened already, got some compensation from the company as I sent them the unboxing video as proof. And also had one item turn up that was supposed to have 2* the items inside, luckily caught that on camera too... thought I'd see what the company would say on that one and to be fair they were pretty nice, they just asked if I would wait to see if the other one would trun up as they might have been sent seperately, and when it didn't they refunded me in full for both items even and said I could keep the other one, OK it was only a £10 item, but at least they were nice and admitted their mistake and everything. So I still shop with that company.

Please quote my post, or put @paddy-stone if you want me to respond to you.

Spoiler
  • PCs:- 
  • Main PC build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/2K6Q7X
  • ASUS x53e  - i7 2670QM / Sony BD writer x8 / Win 10, Elemetary OS, Ubuntu/ Samsung 830 SSD
  • Lenovo G50 - 8Gb RAM - Samsung 860 Evo 250GB SSD - DVD writer
  •  
  • Displays:-
  • Philips 55 OLED 754 model
  • Panasonic 55" 4k TV
  • LG 29" Ultrawide
  • Philips 24" 1080p monitor as backup
  •  
  • Storage/NAS/Servers:-
  • ESXI/test build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/4wyR9G
  • Main Server https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/3Qftyk
  • Backup server - HP Proliant Gen 8 4 bay NAS running FreeNAS ZFS striped 3x3TiB WD reds
  • HP ProLiant G6 Server SE316M1 Twin Hex Core Intel Xeon E5645 2.40GHz 48GB RAM
  •  
  • Gaming/Tablets etc:-
  • Xbox One S 500GB + 2TB HDD
  • PS4
  • Nvidia Shield TV
  • Xiaomi/Pocafone F2 pro 8GB/256GB
  • Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

• Unused Hardware currently :-
  • 4670K MSI mobo 16GB ram
  • i7 6700K  b250 mobo
  • Zotac GTX 1060 6GB Amp! edition
  • Zotac GTX 1050 mini

Oddly this happened to my buddy on Newegg too. Bought a Z170 board, didn't post, sent it in, they told him it was HIS fault and refused to service him at all.

I've never had any issues with NCIX, and they have really good service. I ordered ram from them once, but I needed to cancel my order. I talked to the people there, they said it already shipped, but when it arrives just to tell them to send it back. Got my refund, no problems.

I just use free shipping when I buy from them, and always get my orders fast. If I ordered on wednesday at 11pm, I'd get it friday at 9am - excellent service.

Ryzen 7 2700x, MSI Gaming X RX 480 8gb, Asus ROG X470 Gaming, 2x8gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000, 120gb Kingston SSD (Boot) + 1TB Seagate Barracuda.

On 14/01/2017 at 2:11 AM, AshleyAshes said:

Aaaaaactually... eBay and PayPal both heavily side with buyers to the point that it's nearly ridiculous.  I could by something on eBay, have it arrive in pristine condition, proceed to smash it with a hammer and there's like 95% odds i'm getting a refund weather the seller likes it or not.

Happened to me, I sold a motherboard on eBay, fully working. Guy received it then next day messages me that its not working and immediately sets up a dispute. eBay message me and I tell them it was in 100% working condition before I sent it, I even sent them date stamped pictures of CPUz showing the board working on the day I made the listing.

Despite him providing no evidence at all and me providing around 7 photos as evidence they took his side and ordered me to refund it as soon as I get it back from him. He returns it and its covered in  really deep scratches around the cpu mounting holes like he'd really overtightened his fan so I took images of the damage and sent it to eBay saying it wasn't there when I sent it out and they took all of 5 minutes to respond saying they'd made their decision and the case was closed so they couldn't even review the new evidence, I asked about creating a new case even telling them I had pictures of the board before I sent it (the ones I used for the listing) showing the damage wasn't there and was told as the seller I had no right to create a dispute case, only the buyer has that protection.

I ended up with a dead motherboard and no money to show for it. Needless to say I haven't used eBay to sell anything since.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

How do you know someone didn't open it up in shipping or something, without putting a sticker on it... It's a stretch, but you never know... My experience with NCIX has been terrific in the past, but I never bought from their Ebay store...

However, it's funny, cuz I did buy a Xeon Dual CPU Motherboard from Ebay on a whim xD

So moral of the story, 9/10 a customer might lie in order to make someone else pay for their mistake, but in this case that's not what happened. I respect the employee for coming back with an apology and maybe he just had a bad day and had dealt with too many customers who were actually guilty. The part that puts me off from buying from NCIX again is the fact that I sent a complaint from my regular ncix account on their website to their customer service and NEVER received a response. Their policy of not checking motherboards before sending terrifies me as a customer if you're then going to assume in all cases the customer is at fault. That might be true most of the time but I've seen a store receive 3 in a row Asus Sabertooth motherboards new in box from a shipment from their supplier with bent pins, which is why they now go to the expense of at least visually inspecting boards when they're sold. I don't expect NCIX to do that with all boards they sell as I'm sure they move a lot of inventory, but on $1000 boards and especially when selling inventory you've had sitting around for years and put up for sale in an outlet store they should really open the box and at least take a photo of the overall physical condition of the board and the socket pins. Also 100% this was the real NCIX because my RMA went on their purolator account to their warehouse address.

This was my response back to NCIX after the original post:

Wow, so for some reason you feel the need to reinforce your suggestion that I broke this. What a joke, you admit that you don't bother to even visually check things before sending them out and yet you think it's more likely that I damaged this in the first 5 minutes of receiving it than it is that you sent it to me already in this condition. If your inventory tracking is so good on XEON (note: there's no z) motherboards did you even bother to go check with this one person who may have handled it if maybe they remember one getting damaged and forgetting to write it off or put a note on the box? Any investigation into the actual history of this board? I doubt it. My guess would be your inventory system said it had never been sold so you assumed it was actually still new in the box, meanwhile it had been taken out and damaged and that's probably why you still had it in stock. Thank you for confirming that I should never buy from your company again.

The response a week later once my RMA got back to them:

We received the return and processed your RMA. Your refund will be issued within 24 hours back to your PayPal account.

I also owe you an apology. Our returns team figured out how the motherboard was damaged. This motherboard had been sold at some point and then returned. The original RMA specifically notes it was damaged and because the motherboard was considered out of warranty at the time it should have been sent to be recycled, but somehow it got returned to the shelf as a new motherboard instead. I was wrong and I should have taken more time to investigate then just jump to what I thought was the obvious case of customer caused damaged. For that I am very sorry.

I understand my apology isn't going to change how you were treated or your opinion, but I still feel it was important that you were made aware that you were unfairly treated in this case and I was the one who was in the wrong.

This happens and as the CS representative apologised, we should just move forward.

The CS representative actions can only be based on the information that they have on hand where at the time, they had no information about the damage thus he could only assume you damaged it. 

To be honest, the CS representative did their job but the problem is the RMA people and inventory management people failed at doing their job where it always unfortunately ends up being customer service's issue :/ 

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

2 minutes ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

This happens and as the CS representative apologised, we should just move forward.

The CS representative actions can only be based on the information that they have on hand where at the time, they had no information about the damage thus he could only assume you damaged it. 

To be honest, the CS representative did their job but the problem is the RMA people and inventory management people failed at doing their job where it always unfortunately ends up being customer service's issue :/ 

So you think that the mentality of guilty until proven innocent means that the CS rep did their job? The fact that someone else screwed up first doesn't make perpetuating a problem OK, nor does assuming I damaged it because they had no proof otherwise (though, they would have had they bothered to put a minimal amount of effort into investigating). Maybe you're ok with buying from places that have that mentality but I'm not. I respect that he sent me an apology, but the revelation of their policies would make me never recommend them to anyone again. What if I hadn't bought this from their ebay store and bought it from their regular website, they admit they wouldn't have given me a refund. That should be terrifying to any potential customer. Situations like this are the reason that some retailers have changed their policy and at the very least teach CS policies of not accusing customers.

3 minutes ago, kevinb2001 said:

-snip-

Name me one other retailer that would have handled the situation differently? From the information they had, they could only presume the customer damaged it. As the motherboard was missing it's notes with how it's damaged and should be recycled. When the CS representative looked up in their system, they could only see it being sold as working.

The whole point of them having that system is so they could see all the related details on a specific product in one place where the notes were paired incorrectly and it's likely that their inventory guys added the motherboard as a new listing in their system thus CS couldn't do much more than presume you were at fault. Did they rely on that system too heavily? Yep but that's what they're told to do so ermmmm....

Were NCIX in general at fault? Yes

Could they have handled the situation better? Yes

Are they any worse than other retailers? Nope

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

Actually there's lots of retailers who do not act that way. I've received damaged/DOA refurbished products from Newegg before, their response? Sorry for the inconvenience, here's your rma - not "here's your rma even though you broke it we just can't prove that". Who else does a better job? MemoryExpress, CanadaComputers, Amazon... LOTS of ebay stores...

Dude you took it to far the employee just said there is no way of actually Knowing who did it he still gave you a refund you shouldn't have attacked them like that ya he was pointing a finger to you but you didn't have to go full defense on him.

IT's hard for businesses to just hand out money for something they cant prove. if you did this with anyone else you probably would have had the same problem.

First PC Build

CPU: i5 4690k  (4.7Ghz 1.36v)                                        MOBO: MSI z97 gaming 5

GPU: MSI GTX 1070 gaming x                  Case: NZXT s340 elite Black/Red

Storage: 1tb seagate SSHD, 240gb PNY ssd                    PSU: Corsair RM750X

Cooling:H100i V2 / Bequiet Fans

16GB Hyper X Fury Memory

Benched on CPUZ (Single-thread=2140) (Multi-Thread=8316)

Fire Strike 1.1=13660

Time Spy=5519

Cinebench R15 (CPU= 509cb) (OpenGL=118.28 FPS)

Unigine (Superposition 4k optimized=5581) (Heaven Extreme=120.6 FPS Score:3038) (Valley Extreme HD= 92.7 FPS Score:3879)

Customer service passed away quietly last night. It succumbed to a long illness. The wake is at the next quarterly meeting, and the funeral will follow shortly. Each year companies worldwide struggle for sales growth and profit, yet a conservative estimate of their loss from poor customer service comes in at a staggering $338.5 B a year.

While customers vote with their pocket books, customers have become accustomed to poor service. Few companies stand out. Mediocre service is rampant. Customers don't necessarily demand more.

^^^ exerts from: https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/20140513214859-64275548-the-death-of-customer-service

It's a sad day when the majority of people simply accept poor customer service as common place because "everyone else is doing it".

On 1/14/2017 at 7:14 AM, Teddy07 said:

wtf no customer protection in the US?

There absolutely is, but it depends on the item. Brand new items from big box stores or smaller stores have a 30 day guarantee, but stores are given the freedom to decide if that's store credit or not. Most manufacturers have warranties to protect the item, stores can't really be responsible for some things breaking.

If it's a used market like eBay, you're covered under eBay's guarantee that the item was accurately described. If it's accurately described 'as-is' which means there's a chance it'll stop working soon, then there's nothing they do about it because you agree to the risk

I can totally understand the reaction of NCIX.

Its a pretty normal way of handling these kind of issues.

Hardware comes packaged out of the factories and go straight to the retailes.

They are not gonne check every item they shipped out of those are damaged in anyway.

They only check the packaging.

Next to that, large retailers like NCIX get such kind claims of customers gazillion times a month.

Let me remind you that in maybe 85% of those claims the damage has exally been caused by human error eg the customer it self.

But its allways hard for both parties to proof who is exally reponsible.

I think they handled it really nicely offering you a refund.

I totally dont see what you are complaining about here?

Maybe you exally did damage the board yourself who knows?

No offense of course.

2 hours ago, Sintezza said:

Maybe you exally did damage the board yourself who knows?

No offense of course.

Lol did you read everything, they eventually come back admitting that it was previously returned and somewhere their system had a note saying it was damaged when it was returned the first time and therefore damaged before sending it to me. I would say that pretty much exonerates me.

Anyone not seeing the problem in the first place ... a business saying "well we'll take this back even though you damaged it" is like saying "well we think you're stealing from us but we have to put up with it because you bought it through ebay".... maybe you'd be ok with that but I certainly take offence to someone calling me a thief.

6 hours ago, kevinb2001 said:

Lol did you read everything, they eventually come back admitting that it was previously returned and somewhere their system had a note saying it was damaged when it was returned the first time and therefore damaged before sending it to me. I would say that pretty much exonerates me.

Anyone not seeing the problem in the first place ... a business saying "well we'll take this back even though you damaged it" is like saying "well we think you're stealing from us but we have to put up with it because you bought it through ebay".... maybe you'd be ok with that but I certainly take offence to someone calling me a thief.

I find it highly unlikely that they come back at you admitting that they sended you a returned damaged part.

A big retailer would normally never do that of course.

damaged parts most of the time getting returned to the factory which then covers the damage.

Some hardware gets refurbished sometimes and does get re-sold, but normally they will note it as refurbished.

Mistakes could of course allways happen.

But my main point is, how can you proof that you didnt actually damaged the board yourself?

Like i said they get gazillion claims of such like on a monthly bases.

And in maybe 85% of the cases, the damage has been caused by the customer or during shipping maybe..

But a customer will of course never admit that they have damaged their product.

You also need to understand their way of thinking.

I still dont see any vallid reason for you to complain.

Or to tell people never buy from NCIX.

It makes no sense atall to me atleast.