WARNING Do Not Buy From NCIX Outlet Store (or maybe at all?)

kevinb2001

You got your refund what more did you expect? The CS to kiss your ass after you went off on them?

i5-4670K ~ RX 470 ~ Z87MX-D3H ~ MX300 525GB ~ CM Hyper 212+ ~ 12GB 1600MHz Ram ~ EarthWatts 650 ~ NZXT GAMMA ~ WD Blue 250GB

5 minutes ago, Rune said:

"Zeon" That's not NCIX.

It's already been established in this thread that the NCIX.com website even LINKS to this very eBay seller.  It really, really, REALLY is NCIX's eBay store.

Its his right to blast them and put them down. I knew right from the get go there would be the type that would whats the problem you got a refund.

The problem is wasted time, wasted time of the post office people, wasted time of the buyer.

The first thing is that the first reply you received was not wrong, nor was the NCIX reply. That kind of damage would only happen out of the box, or if the box was physically damaged in that location. They don't have a reason to open a sealed box or handle the board in such a fashion that would cause that kind of damage. Pretty factual.

That you took their statement as an insult and brought forth this self-righteous, pompous attitude toward the encounter is more of the concern. 

The person in the reply was correct, offered the refund, and handled it, more or less, as they should have. If you truly did not damage the motherboard, the simple thing would have been to accept their reply/refund, and say something along the lines of, "Thanks for handling this and while I understand the source of the damage cannot be verified, I did not damage the board and think an internal review regarding this product would be appropriate to ensure I'm not the only customer that encounters this issue."

13 minutes ago, divito said:

The first thing is that the first reply you received was not wrong, nor was the NCIX reply. That kind of damage would only happen out of the box, or if the box was physically damaged in that location. They don't have a reason to open a sealed box or handle the board in such a fashion that would cause that kind of damage. Pretty factual.

That you took their statement as an insult and brought forth this self-righteous, pompous attitude toward the encounter is more of the concern. 

The person in the reply was correct, offered the refund, and handled it, more or less, as they should have. If you truly did not damage the motherboard, the simple thing would have been to accept their reply/refund, and say something along the lines of, "Thanks for handling this and while I understand the source of the damage cannot be verified, I did not damage the board and think an internal review regarding this product would be appropriate to ensure I'm not the only customer that encounters this issue."

The fact that whoever is running their Ebay store insinuated that it was the OP who damaged it was dumb. Their Ebay outlet (yes that is NCIX's official Ebay outlet for those who are still being dimwits) has most, if not all just open-box items - if their company policy is that they can't examine the contents to make sure what they're selling isn't garbage, then they shouldn't be assuming the people wanting a refund and providing proof of damage are the ones who are damaging the units. Why would someone who bought an item from them go out of their way to damage something and want a refund?

Let's not go through mental gymnastics here. Sure, OP could have been less abrasive, but the tool behind NCIX's page could have simply offered the refund and been done with it instead of insinuating OP was the one who damaged the product.

I personally stopped buying from them because their service times were laughable, in the time it would take them to confirm my order and ship it out amazon would have had it shipped and at my door.

Case - Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 : Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Gene : PSU - Corsair AX760 : CPU - Intel i7 4790k w/ EK-Supremacy EVO Copper/Acetal Water Block  : Memory - Corsair Vengence Pro 24gb 1600mhz : GPU - Evga GTX 780 Ti Classified w/ EK-FC780 GTX Classy - Acetal+Nickel Water Block : Storage - Samsung 840 Evo 250gb & 850 Evo 1tb SSDs, 2x 6TB External HDDs : Fans - 5x Noctua NF-F12 & 1x NF-S12A : Display - 24in Benq XL2420TE : Rads - Darkside LPX360 & LP240 : Pump/Res - EK-XRES 140 D5 Vario Pump

14 minutes ago, Kloaked said:

Why would someone who bought an item from the go out of their way to damage something and want a refund?

No one said anything about purposeful damage, accidents happen. Customers come up with all kinds of crazy stories to explain things so that they get a refund, humiliate the company, etc.... This is common in retail, service, tech support. I've seen it in all three.

Also, the first reply didn't rudely insinuate he damaged the board. Only that it could only be damaged out of the box, or with handling that they don't typically do with brand new products. They even clarified this in their second reply stating that it could have happened while in the warehouse or in shipping. We also don't know their inventory processes, or whether a returned product could have made it incorrectly back into regular stock due to a clerical error, or a new employee. Either way, it's no reason for the OP to overreact and be all high and mighty regarding their more than reasonable response.

14 minutes ago, divito said:

No one said anything about purposeful damage, accidents happen. Customers come up with all kinds of crazy stories to explain things so that they get a refund, humiliate the company, etc.... This is common in retail, service, tech support. I've seen it in all three.

Also, the first reply didn't rudely insinuate he damaged the board. Only that it could only be damaged out of the box, or with handling that they don't typically do with brand new products. They even clarified this in their second reply stating that it could have happened while in the warehouse or in shipping. We also don't know their inventory processes, or whether a returned product could have made it incorrectly back into regular stock due to a clerical error, or a new employee. Either way, it's no reason for the OP to overreact and be all high and mighty regarding their more than reasonable response.

I've worked retail too. I know what happens.

The reply from the NCIX tool was literally insinuating that OP caused the damage. Go reread it.

they offered you  full refund at their cost and instead of saying thank you, you got shitty with them. Their response was to get shitty with you back. Shitty customer meets shitty customer service. cool story bro.

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

I found the ad, and while it does indeed state NIB and unused/unopened, I think there are some things you need to consider here.

• Look at the way you approached this. You basically tell them that they did something wrong. Whenever you interact with someone with something like this, you should be level headed, and you don't place blame. You state the facts; that the board is damaged, it arrived that way even though the shipping box was fine, and you'd like a refund. There was no need for you to say the rest.
  • You immediately jump down the fellows throat after his reply. You then insinuate yourself that they're in the wrong and rebox items quite frequently. What kind of response did you expect? Did you not learn to treat others the way you want to be treated?
  • Did you decide to completely overlook the fact that he clearly states in the third reply that it could have happened in their warehouse or during shipping? He also explains in detail what they do with products to open them. He owed you no explanation, but gave it anyway.
  • I don't think the last part is true, and is just proof that we're all human and things can get to us.
  • Why didn't you think of this scenario: the board arrived damaged. The employee put it in a pile to be claimed as truck damage or RMA'd. It ended up getting moved to another pile and put back on the shelf. Or someone popped it open quickly, saw that the bag was ripped and said "oh, already checked, open box, to the shelf!" Not to mention the high turn over that who knows, maybe the person who did that doesn't even work there anymore.

I mean I get (and it's totally understandable) that you're upset with having to deal with this, but the way you approached it was far from perfect either. He offered you a refund in his first message. There was no need to carry on.

• They have a 15 day warranty against DOA items.
  • The fact they offered to pay for your return is pretty solid. They're no required to do that.
  • It clearly states that you have to check it within 15 days. It's not their problem if you don't.

I'd be glad that he didn't say that you had to file a Paypal dispute and pay for the return shipping yourself.

3 hours ago, Enderman said:

Yes that looks fake... it doesn't even have a profile picture, and other people have had similar experiences

http://forums.ncix.com/forums/topic.php?id=1626148

It's sort of your fault for buying stuff on ebay in the first place...

eBay is a perfectly fine place to buy things as long as you look into and consider what you're getting.

I've purchased thousands of items off eBay and had problems with very few.

It's the legit outlet, but that's already been established. They also have an outlet website not related to eBay.

2 hours ago, TetraSky said:

-snip-

While I agree in this case, to say it's anti consumer is a little extreme. There are lots of things where, if you open it, it's impossible to fit back in the box. This lowers the chance of sale at full retail, which results in a hit to the retailer. Sometimes it gets to the point where they might as well not even sell the product. Not in this case, but it happens.

In this case the board was listed as NIB. So, he was misled.

1 hour ago, bossman1 said:

Its his right to blast them and put them down. I knew right from the get go there would be the type that would whats the problem you got a refund.

The problem is wasted time, wasted time of the post office people, wasted time of the buyer.

You really have no idea how to interact with people, let alone the CS industry do you?

57 minutes ago, Ryoku said:

I personally stopped buying from them because their service times were laughable, in the time it would take them to confirm my order and ship it out amazon would have had it shipped and at my door.

Totally agree. Sometimes it'd take them 6 business days just to process the order, let alone ship it. When I lived in Vancouver it was easier for me to order from Amazon and go across the border to pick it up.

11 minutes ago, SCHISCHKA said:

they offered you  full refund at their cost and instead of saying thank you, you got shitty with them. Their response was to get shitty with you back. Shitty customer meets shitty customer service. cool story bro.

North Americans are so used to "the customer is always right" that their attitudes are generally quite poor when dealing with CS personnel. As a result, most are salty.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

3 minutes ago, dizmo said:

North Americans are so used to "the customer is always right" that their attitudes are generally quite poor when dealing with CS personnel. As a result, most are salty.

my experience with NA is to sit back and let them do all of the talking. they always talk too much and dig themselves a hole. its letting emotions get in the way of the end goal

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

2 minutes ago, SCHISCHKA said:

my experience with NA is to sit back and let them do all of the talking. they always talk too much and dig themselves a hole. its letting emotions get in the way of the end goal

I've had so many people use the line "you have to return it, it's the law" it's unbelievable. Because, no, it is not the law.

In fact even in this case, since the product is sold "As-Is", they have no legal requirement to do anything either.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

The communication from NCIX here is extremely unprofessional. I see many of you don't care what the store accuses you of, as long as you get your money, but that does not make it right at all.

Sure, there is no law against companies insulting their customers while handling refunds as requested. And from the looks of it in this thread, it may not even be problematic for them when dealing with many people. But many others, normal people, will dislike it, and, rightfully so, spread the bad word.

I fail to see what NCIX did wrong here? They sold you a used/open box item, It was found to be damaged upon receiving it. OP complained. NCIX offers a full refund.

Whats the issue here? If NCIX did not offer a refund then I would agree with the OP.

Seems you guys are being a bit too sensitive with the issue.

6 hours ago, SCHISCHKA said:

This isn't a case of "the customer is always right" you knucklehead.

Also, I've seen people say something specifically about Americans and such, but now you wanna loop in the entirety of the continent like we are all the same? Lmfao

2 hours ago, C2dan88 said:

I fail to see what NCIX did wrong here? They sold you a used/open box item, It was found to be damaged upon receiving it. OP complained. NCIX offers a full refund.

Whats the issue here? If NCIX did not offer a refund then I would agree with the OP.

Seems you guys are being a bit too sensitive with the issue.

They insinuated that OP broke it. They should have just offered the refund and left it at that, but they had to tell OP that he may have been the one to do the damage when that wasn't so.

2 minutes ago, Kloaked said:

This isn't a case of "the customer is always right" you knucklehead.

Also, I've seen people say something specifically about Americans and such, but now you wanna loop in the entirety of the continent like we are all the same? Lmfao

Yes you don't see the similarities the way I do. I did not invent the reputation of American whining but I do observe it. I never said customer is always right. I said the customer talks too much. If op had just said the product you sent me is broken and nothing else there would be nothing to complain about

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

4 minutes ago, SCHISCHKA said:

Yes you don't see the similarities the way I do. I did not invent the reputation of American whining but I do observe it. I never said customer is always right. I said the customer talks too much. If op had just said the product you sent me is broken and nothing else there would be nothing to complain about

You see similarities because you don't actually know what's going on over here. "American whining"? So when you're sold a broken item you don't get refunds? Sucks for you mate.

OP did simply ask for a refund, explaining that the product had to have been damaged before he received it. After that was when NCIX implied that OP broke it.

8 minutes ago, Kloaked said:

You see similarities because you don't actually know what's going on over here. "American whining"? So when you're sold a broken item you don't get refunds? Sucks for you mate.

OP did simply ask for a refund, explaining that the product had to have been damaged before he received it. After that was when NCIX implied that OP broke it.

Yea that's the whining I'm referring to. You people just go on and on. How's the weather over there?

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

37 minutes ago, SCHISCHKA said:

Yea that's the whining I'm referring to. You people just go on and on. How's the weather over there?

If you call this whining then you have a poor definition of what that is.

To quote a movie I love (called "El infierno") "Trusting is good....but not trusting, even better"

It's regrettable that you apparently can't trust LTT birthplace but well never too careful: anything that I can't afford to lose I'd videotape myself opening up the box and contents.

That way you put it as an unlisted video on youtube and send it to them with the caption "If you continue to refuse my R.M.A. claim that's totally fine but this video, along with your responses, will go public"

And yes I can be fucking evil when pushed.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Woah woah woah. That's not acceptable customer service. 

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

7 hours ago, dizmo said:

I've had so many people use the line "you have to return it, it's the law" it's unbelievable. Because, no, it is not the law.

In fact even in this case, since the product is sold "As-Is", they have no legal requirement to do anything either.

wtf no customer protection in the US?