RGB everything? :(

SpartanAmy107

I can't be the only one who isn't sold on RGB, I simply don't understand why every keyboard, mouse, headset, case fan, has to be RGB these days?

I just want a mechanical keyboard with some extra gaming keys and a PS/2 jack, I don't want to pay a premium for 8 quadrillion colour options!

What's the use of RGB on headsets anyway? You can't see it, a friend of mine told me they use it to light to way to the bathroom... Wha!?

I rarely look down at my keyboard, and never look at my mouse, unless they stop working or I'm trying to hit F11/12 with my left hand.

2 minutes ago, SpartanAmy107 said:

I can't be the only one who isn't sold on RGB, I simply don't understand why every keyboard, mouse, headset, case fan, has to be RGB these days?

I just want a mechanical keyboard with some extra gaming keys and a PS/2 jack, I don't want to pay a premium for 8 quadrillion colour options!

What's the use of RGB on headsets anyway? You can't see it, a friend of mine told me they use it to light to way to the bathroom... Wha!?

I rarely look down at my keyboard, and never look at my mouse, unless they stop working or I'm trying to hit F11/12 with my left hand.

I Like my k70 lux rgb but I agree with you on the rest I frankly don't want any lights in my PC at all I think its tacky.  I do like how my keyboard Ripples rainbows when I type :P My mouse the light is covered by my hand 90% of the time so meh, headset, who actually buys that junk?

Case - Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 : Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Gene : PSU - Corsair AX760 : CPU - Intel i7 4790k w/ EK-Supremacy EVO Copper/Acetal Water Block  : Memory - Corsair Vengence Pro 24gb 1600mhz : GPU - Evga GTX 780 Ti Classified w/ EK-FC780 GTX Classy - Acetal+Nickel Water Block : Storage - Samsung 840 Evo 250gb & 850 Evo 1tb SSDs, 2x 6TB External HDDs : Fans - 5x Noctua NF-F12 & 1x NF-S12A : Display - 24in Benq XL2420TE : Rads - Darkside LPX360 & LP240 : Pump/Res - EK-XRES 140 D5 Vario Pump

Lights on headsets are completely useless. I only have it 'cause I got mine for free. You can buy keyboards without RGB easily

I like RGB since I like colour matching my build, so changing colours is nice

That's an F in the profile pic

I like the idea of RGB but I wouldn't pay extra just for it. I have a headset with orange LED's, a mouse with blue LED's, and a keyboard with red LED's. But I got them of decent/great quality for dirt cheap, so what do I care? 

Personal build >  New-ish AMD main gaming setup           

PLEASE QUOTE OR @ ME FOR A RESPONSE xD 

25 minutes ago, SpartanAmy107 said:

I completely agree with you. However, marketing people seem to think anything RGB will sell. So far, nobody has proved it to be the contrary.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

its all aesthetic, its like the color of a car, the color doesn't matter at all but people have preferences.

also marketing, anything to make a company more sales. 

RGB is only for showoffs. LED backlight for keyboard is actually useful if you need to use it with dim lighting, or its Ducky with really hard-to-see paints. I personally dislike anything with bright lights.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

I want to see Linus in an RGB tuxedo, in one of these Mercedes with interior lighting:

15471-ambient-lighting-12-colour-133114_2014_mercedes-benz_s_class.jpg

Overclocking that 21:9 $9,000 laptop.

Then.  We may have enough RGB.

PC - NZXT H510 Elite, Ryzen 5600, 16GB DDR3200 2x8GB, EVGA 3070 FTW3 Ultra, Asus VG278HQ 165hz,

Mac - 1.4ghz i5, 4GB DDR3 1600mhz, Intel HD 5000.  x2

Endlessly wishing for a BBQ in space.

I don't see the harm in RGB but I doubt it's something I'll be utilizing myself.

The Varmilo board I'm on doesn't have the RGB option yet anyway so there's no problem there.

Well I really like my blue LEDs in mechanical keyboard, mice and case fans, it gave a full black and blue theme to my build which I really appreciate, about RGB I see a lot of people are against it especially on the overrated thread, I personally have cheap motherboard and this kind of thing isn't part of my reality but I suppose if I had the cash to buy a very nice and high end motherboard that did came with nice RGB like that Asus one Luke showed yesterday I would certainly love it.

It is completely useless, but it also is cool, if you don't stretch your budget solely to it I would say that having it is a fine add.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

i like leds i like to lite up my setup and make it look a whole lot flashy and this way i am able to show my setup off and i also like the fact that i can just look at it in the dark and be bale to see everything i have going weithout needing to turn on the light.

Some of us want to have different themes? Say one day you want your WHOLE Setup to be red. Maybe in a few hours you decide it to be blue.

CPU - i7-4790k

GPU - MSI 980 Ti 

Mobo - MSI Z97 Gaming 5

Memory - 32 GB DDR3

Storage - 3.4 TB

Full List : https://pcpartpicker.com/list/sPgN8d

3 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

RGB is only for showoffs. LED backlight for keyboard is actually useful if you need to use it with dim lighting, or its Ducky with really hard-to-see paints. I personally dislike anything with bright lights.

Indeed it is nice that you can use a keyboard a lot without getting the paint off in the wasd keys thanks to the led.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

I don't like pointless leds either, but as long as there are led-less versions, the fashion trend works in our favor, as light-less products will cost less.

The problem is when the market isn't complete, meaning you can only get certain things if you also pay for unnecessary/undesirable features from your point of view.

Why do they make salads if I like meat? Why do they make Korean cars if I like Japanese? Why do they make very large cases when I have an itx build? Do you see where this is going? Yes, RGB is the in thing right now, but not everything is made for you specifically.

2 minutes ago, Mooshi said:

Why do they make salads if I like meat? Why do they make Korean cars if I like Japanese? Why do they make very large cases when I have an itx build? Do you see where this is going? Yes, RGB is the in thing right now, but not everything is made for you specifically.

Stop being logical!

1 minute ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Stop being logical!

NEVER :V

1 minute ago, Mooshi said:

NEVER :V

Well it's not like I can stop you.

honestly rgb gives you more color options than a regular backlit keyboard with 1 color or like a rgb fan. if you dont like it turn it off, but you have a option of having over a billion colors to chose from. + if you want to change up your color scheme (new case ie;white and blue) then you dont have to go out and buy fans with white leds, or blue. ya know? or the peripherals. RGB EVERYTHING. Soon to have an rgb ram or something stupid. but it is what it is.

EDIT: i'm an idiot, corsiair rgb vengeance ram. okie 

6 hours ago, fuzz0r said:

I don't see the harm in RGB but I doubt it's something I'll be utilizing myself.

The Varmilo board I'm on doesn't have the RGB option yet anyway so there's no problem there.

The harm in RGB would be companies ramping up the price just because it features RGB lighting. Well they kinda already do that anyways.

I'm sure at some point they will have RGB CPUs and luminescent thermal paste, just to spite people who hate RGB.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

15 hours ago, ADCBot said:

The harm in RGB would be companies ramping up the price just because it features RGB lighting. Well they kinda already do that anyways.

I would just not buy products that feature RGB lighting then.

I get my keyboards custom from Varmilo anyway so I decide what goes in it.

I with you

I just dont like RGB

because for some reason RGB everything = ricer PC

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

i like having everything rgb but i usualy only use this to get everything lit dimly in blue, not in your face flashyness, just the black/blue theme of my build without killing your eyes.

Ayyy dis place is empty, PM me some stuff i can put here, quote something some dude said or whatever (username of author/submitter will me tagged unless you dont want that)