Nokia released the 150-best feature phone of 2016?

Djole123

you forgot to add few things:

it will weight 200grams

it's like 2cm thick

i don't own iphone but i wish more manufacturers removed jack slot to make phones even thinner. headphone wires are annyoing anyway

honestly this would be enough for me , all i do i call and text w/ my phone , if it has a camera and flash it has all i ever would need of it 

RyzenAir : AMD R5 3600 | AsRock AB350M Pro4 | 32gb Aegis DDR4 3000 | GTX 1070 FE | Fractal Design Node 804
RyzenITX : Ryzen 7 1700 | GA-AB350N-Gaming WIFI | 16gb DDR4 2666 | GTX 1060 | Cougar QBX 

PSU Tier list

I actually bought something very similar to this earlier this year for £20, it's a Nokia 108. It's basically the same phone I can tell you for a fact, 3 days battery life is a minimum. I haven't charged mine since October and it's only lost one bar out of the four. It's amazing.

It reminds me a lot of Sony Ericsson T610. 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

2 hours ago, Muphet said:

you forgot to add few things:

it will weight 200grams

it's like 2cm thick

It's 81 gram and 1.3cm thick.

Hako: Gigabyte z490i, i5-10400F@4.3GHz, 16GB LPX 3200MHz, Intel 7600p 1TB,  AMD RX6800

Stuff: Ducky One 2 MiNi, Xtrfy M4 Retro, Asus VG259Q

Phone: Google Pixel 3XL NoT P!nk

14 hours ago, Muphet said:

i don't own iphone but i wish more manufacturers removed jack slot to make phones even thinner. headphone wires are annyoing anyway

Headphone wires make stuff sound 8x better and cheaper

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Those who know much are aware that they know little. - Slick roasting me

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

Offical first poster LTT V2.0

On ‎12‎/‎15‎/‎2016 at 7:45 AM, hey_yo_ said:

Can Nokia take back the Lumia line from Microsoft and resurrect the supposed successor of the Lumia 1020 but instead of the lackluster Windows Phone, it needs to run Android instead.

How bout no?

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

10 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

How bout no?

Let's face it. Microsoft is not doing the Lumia line any favors at all. In fact, they seem to not invest in Windows 10 Mobile anymore. Nokia needs to stop shooting their own feet by utilizing a proven and successful mobile platform like Android. This is like the basics of investing in stock exchange, you only invest in companies that are big. 

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

First of all Noika is still a thing? And that isn't a typo.

Secondly, this is why Noika failed. When the rest of the market were moving towards smartphones, they were still making phones like this.

And by the time they realized that they fucked up and decided to make smartphones, they picked the worst OS possible for their phones.

Not only was and still is Windows Phone the worst OS out there, but even Microsoft themselves didn't do anything to improve it.

They just abandoned it.

4 hours ago, Darth Revan said:

First of all Noika is still a thing?

Microsoft sold the remainder of Nokia to 3 Chinese companies. One of which is owned by Foxconn.

When the rest of the market were moving towards smartphones, they were still making phones like this.

And by the time they realized that they fucked up and decided to make smartphones, they picked the worst OS possible for their phones.

Not only was and still is Windows Phone the worst OS out there, but even Microsoft themselves didn't do anything to improve it.

It's still being improved, believe it or not. And the largest team at Microsoft is working on it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

9 hours ago, Clanscorpia said:

No, sound identical, but yes are cheaper in most cases

On 15/12/2016 at 0:45 AM, hey_yo_ said:

Can Nokia take back the Lumia line from Microsoft and resurrect the supposed successor of the Lumia 1020 but instead of the lackluster Windows Phone, it needs to run Android instead.

Why even use the lumia brand? And they are making an android phone iirc

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Yes. Nokia is a big company and make many products beside phones.

Secondly, this is why Noika failed. When the rest of the market were moving towards smartphones, they were still making phones like this.

No. This is why the phone division of Nokia lives on. In many countries, people aren't rich as you to afford a $100 phone, let alone a computer. But they need a phone to do their day to day business activities. For example, it allows a farmer to know current market price for its crops to sell them at the appropriate price. Before, they had to travel on foot for days to get to a governmental office, often times require to bribe government officers to get market prices, only to walk back, and bring very old info, and get screwed over. They are huge advantages for them, and the market is HUGE for Nokia.

They just abandoned it.

Worst OS? Blackberry and Nokia (soon) are now running Android, and how they can differentiated themselves?

Why would pick either, over a Samsung Galaxy phone?

At the time, Windows Phone was the best looking phone. But they failed to penetrate the market. Nokia didn't know how to market the phone, and Microsoft didn't know how to market anything to consumers. Their specialty was business not consumers, and they had this consumer device. Beside the XBox (at the time), anything consumer focused didn't pick up and failed.

If you evaluate the Windows Phone by-itself, (forget the app gap, that is related to market share.. the phone itself.. if you USE the phone), you will see that their is little reason for its failure. Sure you can make a list, but do can you on any other platform, there is nothing perfect, but the list will not contain anything critical that you can go.

6 hours ago, Darth Revan said:

Nokia is still one of the biggest names when it comes to telecommunications. They managed to literally revive in the last 4 years. 

http://www.anandtech.com/bench/product/1748?vs=1720

Look at 10 year period. 

And according to Forbes they are worth 34.5 billion.

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

On 12/14/2016 at 10:46 PM, GoodBytes said:

Actually this phone, like others mentioned previously in the past, will most likely not be available here, despite their most probably easy sell.

They are targeted at developing countries, and only be sold there. Hence the very low price tag.

Only refurbs in

india ()

On 12/14/2016 at 11:36 PM, leadeater said:

Pitty, I'd actually want this phone. Would make a great emergency phone to have around if it lasts as long as mentioned.

Not to mention the build quality 

On 12/15/2016 at 0:10 AM, Arri said:

Price to performance this phone is #1. If you consider any other phone, you're just a sheep. /s

we are the country with the cheapest smartphone freedom 251 for $4

On 12/14/2016 at 10:48 PM, deXxterlab97 said:

I don't mind the shipping

that would be $100 

11 hours ago, Clanscorpia said:

I wish phones have better AMPs/DACs on board i am tired of carring arounf my Fiio 

2 hours ago, AluminiumTech said:

Microsoft sold the remainder of Nokia to 3 Chinese companies. One of which is owned by Foxconn.

It's still being improved, believe it or not. And the largest team at Microsoft is working on it.

What are those guys doing playing Snake?

3 hours ago, AluminiumTech said:

Unfortunately I do have a Windows Phone. And it's not improving.

They've been selling these things for years now, just under different names.

I wouldn't want to give this to my grandma, cause the buttons on that thing are simply too small. 

7 hours ago, Darth Revan said:

Unfortunately I do have a Windows Phone. And it's not improving.

You're either a troll or a really bad liar. I'll let you decide which.

1 hour ago, AluminiumTech said:

You're either a troll or a really bad liar. I'll let you decide which.

So I'm telling you the truth, and I'm either a troll or a liar. Wow just wow.

Dude the truth is this, I do have a Nokia Phone that uses Windows Phone.

I didn't buy it, it has given to me by a family relative, and thank God I only use it for the purpose of being an actual phone and some instant messaging with whats-app.

Everything else is pure trash. And Microsoft is doing nothing to improve their OS. A couple of months ago they fired another part of their mobile department.

And you're telling me that they're actually improving it.

If by improving it you mean making sure it stays completely dead, then yes you are correct. If not then you sir, are the liar.

28 minutes ago, Darth Revan said:

So I'm telling you the truth, and I'm either a troll or a liar. Wow just wow.

Dude the truth is this, I do have a Nokia Phone that uses Windows Phone.

I didn't buy it, it has given to me by a family relative, and thank God I only use it for the purpose of being an actual phone and some instant messaging with whats-app.

Everything else is pure trash. And Microsoft is doing nothing to improve their OS. A couple of months ago they fired another part of their mobile department.

And you're telling me that they're actually improving it.

If by improving it you mean making sure it stays completely dead, then yes you are correct. If not then you sir, are the liar.

They provide major updates once a year. They are fixing bugs once a month, taking people's feedback and implementing it.

The only part which has been a let down is Microsoft's failure to create new Windows Phones. @GoodBytes can back me up on this.

36 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

They provide major updates once a year. They are fixing bugs once a month, taking people's feedback and implementing it.

The only part which has been a let down is Microsoft's failure to create new Windows Phones. @GoodBytes can back me up on this.

Fixing bugs? Providing major updates once a year?

In what fantasy world do you live in?

Microsoft abandoned the platform. They don't care about it. The developers of applications don't care about that platform.

It is completely dead.

23 minutes ago, Darth Revan said:

Fixing bugs? Providing major updates once a year?

In what fantasy world do you live in?

Microsoft abandoned the platform. They don't care about it. The developers of applications don't care about that platform.

It is completely dead.

Well what are you using?

Windows Phone 8.1? yeah that's dead lol. Even the so called "loyalists" have given up on Windows Phone 8.1 .

Windows 10 Mobile is being developed continuously alongside Windows 10. It is the future of Windows Phone and what comes after the app craze is over.

Enough fighting.

Windows 7 Phone was crap due to poor decision making. Windows 8.x Phone got improved over time, but very slowly.

Windows 10 Mobile is being contentiously updated along with Windows 10, if you are part of the Insider program on the Fast ring you have new builds every weeks.

If you wonder, my Windows 10 Mobile device got massively better since I got it last year. The platform is not abandoned at all.

The general consensus from users of Windows Phone is Windows Phone 8 with the latest updates and Windows 10 Mobile has no reason to actually fail, especially Windows 10 Mobile. I am talking about the OS itself. Both are very capable phones, and especially Windows 10 Mobile fully featured. You have all the features one would expect, then more. The phone failure is easily attributed to the lack of apps, users locked in their ecosystem and uninterested in switching (this applies Apple to Android, and Android to Apple, as well), and 0 marketing from Microsoft.

I don't know a single user of Windows Phone 8 or Windows 10 Mobile, that doesn't like their phone.. they might have switch to Android, but they all admit the potential and the great experience they had with it. Why they did switch to Android if "Windows phone is so great" GoodBytes?. I am talking about the phone itself. If you can't live without Snapchat, and you buy a Windows phone, then sorry.. you got the wrong phone for you. But the phone itself is solid. Accessories and cars support is greater with Android, and you have a great number of apps. This is the reality of things, due to popularity. Apple ecosystem apps are generally released their first, and superior in quality because, while its user based is smaller, Apple users doesn't mind spending money on the app, or buy it, and most of them don't down vote  to 1 star a free app because it has a small add at the bottom, despite a fantastic app, and a small fee to remove the add.

To return more on topic, even thought it is still off:

In Nokia perspective, back in 2010, if you had to pick between this:

motorola-android-smartphone.jpg

or this:

Nokia-Lumia-800-1.jpg

It is clear that Windows Phone 7 is ahead, not to mention that the Windows Phone 7 was running as smooth as the iPhone, if not smoother. And, Android was nothing more than a slide show mess on even the premium phones. But alas, much like Beta and VHS, Android won.

It is clear why Nokia picked Windows Phone 7.

Now to return to topic:

Once again, the purpose of the 150 feature phone is developing market. Such phone do have apps done for it. Doesn't mean that YOU, back in 2008 or so, your flip phone didn't have anything beside snake, that technology has not advanced, and the experience is the same. It isn't. It is for a reason why such phone is not coming here. Because here, people can go "I can just spend $50 and get a smartphone. Here I have $50 in my pocket right now!". Over there it is "If I want a smartphone, any cheap one, it is $15 US more, that means a month of no food". And also keep in mind that there is no bank giving credits to such people in such economic state, as the risk of not getting back their money (forget interest), is almost 0. So the whole thing of substituting phone with plan also doesn't exists.

6 hours ago, GoodBytes said:

Enough fighting.

Windows 7 Phone was crap due to poor decision making. Windows 8.x Phone got improved over time, but very slowly.

Windows 10 Mobile is being contentiously updated along with Windows 10, if you are part of the Insider program on the Fast ring you have new builds every weeks.

If you wonder, my Windows 10 Mobile device got massively better since I got it last year. The platform is not abandoned at all.

The general consensus from users of Windows Phone is Windows Phone 8 with the latest updates and Windows 10 Mobile has no reason to actually fail, especially Windows 10 Mobile. I am talking about the OS itself. Both are very capable phones, and especially Windows 10 Mobile fully featured. You have all the features one would expect, then more. The phone failure is easily attributed to the lack of apps, users locked in their ecosystem and uninterested in switching (this applies Apple to Android, and Android to Apple, as well), and 0 marketing from Microsoft.

I don't know a single user of Windows Phone 8 or Windows 10 Mobile, that doesn't like their phone.. they might have switch to Android, but they all admit the potential and the great experience they had with it. Why they did switch to Android if "Windows phone is so great" GoodBytes?. I am talking about the phone itself. If you can't live without Snapchat, and you buy a Windows phone, then sorry.. you got the wrong phone for you. But the phone itself is solid. Accessories and cars support is greater with Android, and you have a great number of apps. This is the reality of things, due to popularity. Apple ecosystem apps are generally released their first, and superior in quality because, while its user based is smaller, Apple users doesn't mind spending money on the app, or buy it, and most of them don't down vote  to 1 star a free app because it has a small add at the bottom, despite a fantastic app, and a small fee to remove the add.

To return more on topic, even thought it is still off:

In Nokia perspective, back in 2010, if you had to pick between this:

motorola-android-smartphone.jpg

or this:

Nokia-Lumia-800-1.jpg

It is clear that Windows Phone 7 is ahead, not to mention that the Windows Phone 7 was running as smooth as the iPhone, if not smoother. And, Android was nothing more than a slide show mess on even the premium phones. But alas, much like Beta and VHS, Android won.

It is clear why Nokia picked Windows Phone 7.

Now to return to topic:

Once again, the purpose of the 150 feature phone is developing market. Such phone do have apps done for it. Doesn't mean that YOU, back in 2008 or so, your flip phone didn't have anything beside snake, that technology has not advanced, and the experience is the same. It isn't. It is for a reason why such phone is not coming here. Because here, people can go "I can just spend $50 and get a smartphone. Here I have $50 in my pocket right now!". Over there it is "If I want a smartphone, any cheap one, it is $15 US more, that means a month of no food". And also keep in mind that there is no bank giving credits to such people in such economic state, as the risk of not getting back their money (forget interest), is almost 0. So the whole thing of substituting phone with plan also doesn't exists.

yeah right and let's forget the actual good phones of 2010

t-mobile-hd2-2.jpg

samsung-galaxy-s-00.jpg

palm-pre-2-ofic-1.jpgRIP webOS, you deserved better

apple-iphone-4-ofic-3.jpg

motorola-droid-x-1.jpg

samsung-google-nexus-s-2.jpg

and let's not forget Nokia real flagship device in that same year

nokia-n8-official-1.jpg

nokia-e7-1.jpg

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>