Nokia released the 150-best feature phone of 2016?

Djole123
3 hours ago, suicidalfranco said:

yeah right and let's forget the actual good phones of 2010

RIP webOS, you deserved better

and let's not forget Nokia real flagship device in that same year

Sorry but all Android phones where garbage in experience. The ONLY reason they sold, is that the phone manufactures knew how to market to consumers, as this is what they do (Microsoft always sucked at it, with some random gems here and there), AND they were dirt cheap. People took it as: Cheap iPhone's and they were. You didn't have $800 Android phones. In addition, like Apple, phone manufactures understood the concept of making arrangement with network provider for subsidize phones via plans. This concept was waaaaay over Microsoft head.

As for Nokia Symbian OS... also was no good. The name is completely miss leading. It is NOT 1 OS. It is a kernel, and the company make the rest of the OS built on that. It was costing the company a fortune. It was multiple OSs, heavy fragmented. Consumer could get an OK experience or an awful one, and support was hell as they were all different, with their own share of bugs and issues, and OS updated was taking ages to come due to the heavy fragmentation. Nokia had fantastic ideas, but due to poor management, they were going all over the place, and unable to focus. Their huge talent, if properly managed, could have made their OS a third option in the phone market with significant market share.

WebOS, sadly I don't know it much, so I can't really comment. But from what people are saying, to me it sounds like the hardware team and software team never worked together, or due to poor management, both teams where against each other but not by design... (software team focus is on a great OS, hardware team is on going cheap, low-end crap that they go with, maximizing profit, as this were their goals, or the forced managerial sales price was unrealistic, due to manager not understanding how things works).

Apple was the only phone that provided an amazing experience at the time. This is not magic... it is because it is in Apple roots to have software and hardware teams be best buddy. Contently working together, and had 'carte-blanche' to not only be able to get the latest things, but also to sale it. They'll deal with the marketing after. And you can see this. Every product Apple released under Steve Jobs (well almost), was all like: "It has to work, it has to sale! I don't care what marketing team, if you want a job tomorrow, it better sale like hotcakes". So mass marketing, and heavy marketing research was done, and the best was hired. It worked great for the company.

10 hours ago, GoodBytes said:

Sorry but all Android phones where garbage in experience. The ONLY reason they sold, is that the phone manufactures knew how to market to consumers, as this is what they do (Microsoft always sucked at it, with some random gems here and there), AND they were dirt cheap. People took it as: Cheap iPhone's and they were. You didn't have $800 Android phones. In addition, like Apple, phone manufactures understood the concept of making arrangement with network provider for subsidize phones via plans. This concept was waaaaay over Microsoft head.

As for Nokia Symbian OS... also was no good. The name is completely miss leading. It is NOT 1 OS. It is a kernel, and the company make the rest of the OS built on that. It was costing the company a fortune. It was multiple OSs, heavy fragmented. Consumer could get an OK experience or an awful one, and support was hell as they were all different, with their own share of bugs and issues, and OS updated was taking ages to come due to the heavy fragmentation. Nokia had fantastic ideas, but due to poor management, they were going all over the place, and unable to focus. Their huge talent, if properly managed, could have made their OS a third option in the phone market with significant market share.

WebOS, sadly I don't know it much, so I can't really comment. But from what people are saying, to me it sounds like the hardware team and software team never worked together, or due to poor management, both teams where against each other but not by design... (software team focus is on a great OS, hardware team is on going cheap, low-end crap that they go with, maximizing profit, as this were their goals, or the forced managerial sales price was unrealistic, due to manager not understanding how things works).

Apple was the only phone that provided an amazing experience at the time. This is not magic... it is because it is in Apple roots to have software and hardware teams be best buddy. Contently working together, and had 'carte-blanche' to not only be able to get the latest things, but also to sale it. They'll deal with the marketing after. And you can see this. Every product Apple released under Steve Jobs (well almost), was all like: "It has to work, it has to sale! I don't care what marketing team, if you want a job tomorrow, it better sale like hotcakes". So mass marketing, and heavy marketing research was done, and the best was hired. It worked great for the company.

ehm,

*wrong.gif*

The HTC Evo was not garbage, the Droid was not garbage, the Galaxy Nexus was not garbage and the Galaxy S was not garbage. Gingerbreadis exactly when Android became a great mobile OS And all those phones were not cheap and also the most popular of 2016, not that ugly piece shit you won't to portray all of android with and compare it to what was a simple side project for Nokia (since the Lumia 800 was just a rebranded N9, that even launched at the same time in parts of the world, to introduce their new OS MeeGo, which by the way was an amazing OS without the limits of WP7 in comparison)

-font-b-N9-b-font-Original-Nokia-font-b-

Although not as good to what they started with Maemo, something i wish they had focus on more 

And again

*wrong.gif*

Symbian was far from broken, it was a good alternative to what was already available and the N8 and E7 proved it very well, They both received more support than any WP7 ever could (both phones were received 3 years of updated starting from Symbian Anna, to Symbian Belle and the final version in 2013 Symbian Clara), the app store, Nokia marketplace and later on rebranded to Ovi was no slauch either, you could still get the most popular apps at the time on it, and Ovi maps was simply the best mobile GPS solution in the market, but you should already know that since Ovi maps was the base for HERE later on.

WebOS simply died because of the unpopularity of the platform, it was also a great OS that started with many of the feature that have become a staple today, it had great multitasking, and for those attached to their iPod at the times ir could also fool iTunes to see it as an iPod and make music syncing easy for them (even with Apple patching iTunes to remove block palm devices from syncing with it and palm promptly pathcing webOS to reenable said feature)

palm-pre-review-itunes.jpg

It's when HP stepped in and bought them that things started to go sour in both support and performace. But WebOS in it's hey days, was simply a blast to use and a joy.

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>