Earth's first city of the future is coming in 2017

TopWargamer

http://gizmodo.com/what-does-a-city-of-the-third-industrial-revolution-l-1453596397/1454163901?utm_campaign=socialflow_gizmodo_facebook&utm_source=gizmodo_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

vwMin.gif

ku-bigpic.jpg

(The rest of the pictures are in the article.)

After several months of debate, officials in Kazakhstan's capital city of Astana have chosen a final design for the massive site that will host the World EXPO 2017. The sprawling, wind- and sun-powered neighborhood was designed by Chicago architects Adrian Smith + Gordon Gill Architecture, the designers of Kingdom Tower—the forthcoming world's tallest building in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.

According to the chairman of the company that's heading up the EXPO 2017, Smith + Gill's design "will embody the five pillars of the Third Industrial Revolution." If that phrase sounds familiar, that's because it's borrowed from Jeremy Rifkin, economist and author of the popular 2011 book The Third Industrial Revolution, which outlines a theory of a shared clean energy grid that will transform culture and production.

So it's a futuristic looking city powered by sun and wind (hooray for clean energy!) and will be here sometime in 2017 for the World EXPO 2017. That's not too far away, and I'm surprised that this will be done so soon. Hopefully larger cities and other countries can start adopting the "futuristic city" with clean energy, because it'll help...well...the obvious: the environment, the air we breath, etc. etc. 

And just saying, but this is one step closer to getting a real life Academy City!

:P

COMIC SANS

Im still waiting for Mass Effect technology.

+1 for that. I wish that cyberpunk futuristic designs were in today's time. But I guess it's a bit weird for the general population who accepts Apple's type of industrial design as the future.

“The value of a college education is not the learning of many facts but the training of the mind to think”

It's about damn time. I WANT MY HOVERBOARD.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

It's about damn time. I WANT MY HOVERBOARD.

Those boards don't work on water.

on topic: This looks awesomely futuristic.

CPU: i7 5820K 4.0GHz @1.15V | MOBO: Asus X99 Sabertooth | GPU: Gigabyte Windforce GTX 980Ti, LTT Orange | CASE: NZXT H440 Black 2015 | COOLER: Noctua NH-D15S w/ LTT Fans | RAM: 32GB Patriot 3000MHz | STORAGE: 512GB Samsung 950 Pro, 960GB Sandisk Ultra II 3 x 8TB Seagate HDD's | PSU: 750W Seasonic X series, black / orange cablemod cables| Monitors: 3x Asus VX24AH's | AUDIO OUT: Microlab SOLO 8C, Sennheiser HD 650's, Audio engine D1 Amp / DAC | AUDIO IN: Blue Snowball | Keyboard: CM Storm QuickFire TK MX Green | Mouse: Logitech G900 Proteus Spectrum + RSI Extended Mouse Pad | PCPP Linkhttp://nz.pcpartpicker.com/list/hPjFd6

sooo.... is it only a 3 month city and will be torn down? will it be a entirely new city and repurposed after the expo? what? i'd move to khaza whatever if it was a purely green permanent city.,

iz nice!

Intel i7 3770k, Maximus V Formula, 32GB G.Skill 1600MHz RAM, ASUS DCUII GTX 670

sooo.... is it only a 3 month city and will be torn down? will it be a entirely new city and repurposed after the expo? what? i'd move to khaza whatever if it was a purely green permanent city.,

It would be silly to build a city like this with so much clean energy and then tear it down. It'll more than likely be permanent. 

COMIC SANS

naaaw... when i Heard future city i was expecting something along the lines of deus ex:hr's Shanghai..

untitled12331_zpsbc62ecd7.png

but that one is cute too..

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

It looks like, ALIENS!

But really, this sounds really cool.

Chances are we will become aliens to others before they become aliens to us.

knowing that there's still gonna be slums in those areas.... why can't technology help people get on their feet first

Would you look at that? One of the largest oil producers of the world is turning away from fossil fuels

wonder what that could mean

They're investing the tons of money they currently have to prepare for when extracting oil is no longer as profitable, nothing new, most of the major oil producers have been doing so for a long time.

Now we just need some billionaire to invent an iron man suit :P