CPU UPSIDE DOWN? HELP!!! Annoyed and Concerned

HELP PLEASE

Am I panicking??? I lined up cpu triangle with cpu triangle on bracket and cpu triangle on socket of my LGA 2011-3 BOARD (ASUS X99E-WS) and discovered that the writing on the lid of the i76850K chip that I installed was upside down. I'm finding this really scary. Is ASUS in the habit of putting in sockets upside down on their motherboards these days??? Is Intel getting so sloppy they don't care how the print on the lids of their cpus looks? Is yours truly, computer builder of two decades losing it???? I have never seen the writing on the lid of a cpu upside down after installation before. I removed the chip, examined the pins, no apparent damage was done. Re-installed in socket lining up the triangles once again and yup... the print on the lid of the cpu is UPSIDE DOWN. Please help.

2 minutes ago, SCANNERMAN777 said:

HELP PLEASE

Am I panicking??? I lined up cpu triangle with cpu triangle on bracket and cpu triangle on socket of my LGA 2011-3 BOARD (ASUS X99E-WS) and discovered that the writing on the lid of the i76850K chip that I installed was upside down. I'm finding this really scary. Is ASUS in the habit of putting in sockets upside down on their motherboards these days??? Is Intel getting so sloppy they don't care how the print on the lids of their cpus looks? Is yours truly, computer builder of two decades losing it???? I have never seen the writing on the lid of a cpu upside down after installation before. I removed the chip, examined the pins, no apparent damage was done. Re-installed in socket lining up the triangles once again and yup... the print on the lid of the cpu is UPSIDE DOWN. Please help.

If it matches, it matches. Define UPSIDE down. It maybe upside down in a Standrad Atx case, but that doesn't mean it's upside down.

My System:

Intel Core i5-4690k  / Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo Asus Z97-AR MSI Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 100me Corsair Vengeance LP 1600Mhz 2x4GB DDR3 Samsung 850 EVO 250GB / Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM HDD / NZXT S340 EVGA SuperNOVA G1 650W / Windows 10 Home 64 / AOC G2460PQU 1080p 144hz / Corsair VOID Wireless RGB Razer Taipan Laser Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2014 

My Laptop (Asus X55C-DS31):

Intel Core i3-2370M @ 2.4Ghz 6GB RAM / OCZ ARC100 240GB SSD /

My Phone:

OnePlus Three Graphite Black / 64GB

My Watch:

Moto 360 1st Generation

*whew* Thanks. I'm not alone it appears. Thank you so much for restoring my peace of mind.

If it works then you're fine.  Sometimes they probably print the label on the CPU wrong or the motherboard is just weird.

i5 12600k | ASRock Z690M-ITX 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200MHz | EVGA 2080 Super Black | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB + 980 1TB | Corsair RMx 650W | Thermaltake Tower 100 White

They probably don't care about the orientation since you can't read it through the cpu cooler anyway.

PSU tier list // Motherboard tier list // Community Standards 

My System:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 3600, Gigabyte RTX 3060TI Gaming OC ProFractal Design Meshify C TG, 2x8GB G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200MHz, MSI B450 Gaming Plus MaxSamsung 850 EVO 512GB, 2TB WD BlueCorsair RM850x, LG 27GL83A-B

i suspect the motherboard is weird. After all . . . It's a weird motherboard to begin with. I wish they would have given me a "don't panic" message with the board. lol:)

3 minutes ago, SCANNERMAN777 said:

i suspect the motherboard is weird. After all . . . It's a weird motherboard to begin with. I wish they would have given me a "don't panic" message with the board. lol:)

Well it's the CPU makers fault. They just stamped it in the "wrong" orientation. It doesn't matter it's just some text that does nothing but tell you what CPU it is

Everyone should own a vive.

5 minutes ago, SCGazelle said:

If it fits and boots up, then its probably fine. There is probably a reason for Asus to put the socket upside down

In all my days of PC building this has been a first for me. Perhaps I didn't notice before and I'm just being extra fussy. I mean with the board, the ram, and the cpu I'm already looking at well over 3 grand so you tend to notice these things. I can't boot it up yet as this is a brand new build in the making. I can keep you posted if you like. Thanks

On 12/6/2016 at 11:08 AM, MANIDY inc said:

Well it's the CPU makers fault. They just stamped it in the "wrong" orientation. It doesn't matter it's just some text that does nothing but tell you what CPU it is

I'm really hoping this is the case, Manidy. Then again it's an indicator that Intel is getting sloppy.

On 12/6/2016 at 11:10 AM, LabRat said:

I never thought about that until now. I never looked.

omgg.. is this... the WILLING LabRat???

Just now, SCANNERMAN777 said:

omgg.. is this... the WILLING LabRat???

what are you talking about?

lol no worries. I used to know someone by that handle. If you can't say ChesterBesterFesterTester three times real fast you won't know what I mean.

15 minutes ago, Abyssal Radon said:

Believe it or not, my X99 Classified EVGA board with my i7 is upside down lol. I wouldn't worry assuming you checked that the triangles are matched. 

But mine is right side up.....................

60406834.jpg

CPU: I7 5820K@4.0Ghz | Mobo: ASRock X99 Extreme4 | Ram: 4 x 4Gb G.Skill Tridentz@3200Mhz | GPU: XFX 390x | Cooling: Corsair H115i | PSU: Corsair RMX 850x | Storage: Samsung 250Gb 850 EVO + 2tb Seagate HDD | Case: Inwin 805 | Keyboard: Tesoro Gram Spectrum | Mouse: Tesoro Gram H3L | Mousepad: Corsair MM800 RGB  | OS: Windows 10

4 minutes ago, Hal_9000 said:

But mine is right side up.....................

Yeah, but you're using a 5930* so it was probably made when Intel still had their heads screwed on right. :D

1 minute ago, SCANNERMAN777 said:

Yeah, but you're using a 5820 so it was probably made with Intel still head their heads screwed on right. :D

3 minutes ago, Abyssal Radon said:

Lol, really? Silly motherboard manufacturers.

37686170.jpg

CPU: I7 5820K@4.0Ghz | Mobo: ASRock X99 Extreme4 | Ram: 4 x 4Gb G.Skill Tridentz@3200Mhz | GPU: XFX 390x | Cooling: Corsair H115i | PSU: Corsair RMX 850x | Storage: Samsung 250Gb 850 EVO + 2tb Seagate HDD | Case: Inwin 805 | Keyboard: Tesoro Gram Spectrum | Mouse: Tesoro Gram H3L | Mousepad: Corsair MM800 RGB  | OS: Windows 10

nm... two different posters with same pic. lol Man, give the noob a hard time, hey?

It isn't like people will notice that it is upside down it will have a big metal cooler blocking you from seeing the wrinting on it anyways. 

•E5-2670 @2.7GHz • Intel DX79SI • EVGA 970 SSC• GSkill Sniper 8Gb ddr3 • Corsair Spec 02 • Corsair RM750 • HyperX 120Gb SSD • Hitachi 2Tb HDD •