CPU UPSIDE DOWN? HELP!!! Annoyed and Concerned

4 minutes ago, SCANNERMAN777 said:

That is a very sensible possibility -- not that I would dis EVGA, GIGABYTE, ASROCK (okay, maybe Asrock) and certainly not MSI. Gotta admit, my preference has been ASUS since 2007. I've played with rest and now I've settled for the best. :)

*as an after thought Dell makes good test monitors lol

not a fan of any other board vendors now apart from asus had nothing but bad luck with every other vendor

l i7 5930k | Rampage V Extreme | Corsair H110i GTX | G.Skill Ripjaws 4 16GB DDR4 3000Mhz | EVGA GTX 1070 Superclocked ACX 3.0 | EVGA SuperNova 750w G2 | Samsung 960 Evo 250GB l Samsung 950 Pro 256GB | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | 1 TB WD Red | Corsair 900D |

Evolution - https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/LbJq9W

CPU-Z Validation - http://valid.x86.fr/3dxmew

Can't say as I blame you. I've had problems with Asus motherboards too but very rarely. Actually had to RMA a Sabertooth but Asus was very good about it.

6 hours ago, SCANNERMAN777 said:

Wrong again. I looked to make sure all three triangles aligned first. Evidently you did not read the lead post.

So you did align everything correctly and there is no issue? You are just obsessing over upside down print on the heat spreader? It's a non issue. Do you jack up your car and spin each tire so the brand name is right side up too. Its ridiculous to even care, let alone blame someone for something that does not matter one iota. 

Black Knight-

Ryzen 5 5600, GIGABYTE B550M DS3H, 16Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000mhz, Asrock RX 6800 XT Phantom Gaming,

Seasonic Focus GM 750, Samsung EVO 860 EVO SSD M.2, Intel 660p Series M.2 2280 1TB PCIe NVMe, Linux Mint 20.2 Cinnamon

Daughter's Rig;

MSI B450 A Pro, Ryzen 5 3600x, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000mhz, Silicon Power A55 512GB SSD, Gigabyte RX 5700 Gaming OC, Corsair CX430

I don't spin my tires but I tend to make sure that when the hubcaps are replaced that everything looks uniform. It is easy to ridicule anything if you want to. I could ridicule your choice in an x58 motherboard but I know better because that's what I'm using right now as I type. Do you generally make a habit of sifting through this forum looking for posts to troll or do you actually have a life? Just curious.

I'm not trolling, I'm just pointing out that you're looking to blame someone for a non issue. If you search my activity you'll see that I'm generally helpful (or try to be). It is just a pet peeve of mine seeing folks looking to place blame on others.

Black Knight-

Ryzen 5 5600, GIGABYTE B550M DS3H, 16Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000mhz, Asrock RX 6800 XT Phantom Gaming,

Seasonic Focus GM 750, Samsung EVO 860 EVO SSD M.2, Intel 660p Series M.2 2280 1TB PCIe NVMe, Linux Mint 20.2 Cinnamon

Daughter's Rig;

MSI B450 A Pro, Ryzen 5 3600x, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000mhz, Silicon Power A55 512GB SSD, Gigabyte RX 5700 Gaming OC, Corsair CX430

On 12/8/2016 at 8:31 PM, asand1 said:

I'm not trolling, I'm just pointing out that you're looking to blame someone for a non issue. If you search my activity you'll see that I'm generally helpful (or try to be). It is just a pet peeve of mine seeing folks looking to place blame on others.

So good to know that you try to be helpful. As fate would have it I will defer to your annoyance as it certainly is nothing I'm foreign to after reading the illegitimate complaints of so many others in other forums. Evidently my perfectionism got the best of me. Apparently it is common for a CPU to properly install "upside down" in the socket although I don't recall ever seeing it before. At any rate the motherboard died on the test bench for some mysterious reason after having posted successfully and recognizing all 8 dimms and I had to RMA the thing. If you're interested I'll keep you posted on the progress of my build. Don't get me wrong, I love my old X58 rig but it's almost 2017 and it's time to move on.

A pic would help

System

• CPU
    I7 6700K Overclocked to 4.6 GHz at 1.33v
  • Motherboard
    Asus Z270 PRIME - A
  • RAM
    GSKILL RIPJAWS V DDR4 16GB 3000MHZ
  • GPU
    MSI GTX 1070 GAMING X 8G overclocked to 2063 MHZ and 8900 MHZ memory clock
  • Case
    NZXT S340 RED
  • Storage
    WD 1TB BLUE AND SAMSUNG EVO 250GB SSD
  • PSU
    EVGA 650W GQ
  • Display(s)
    LG 25UM58-P ULTRAWIDE and LG 29UM58-P 29 ULTRAWIDE
  • Cooling
    CORSAIR H100I GTX
  • Keyboard
    CORSAIR K70
  • Mouse
    LOGITECH G502 PROTEUS SPECTRUM
  • Operating System
    Windows 10 PRO
  •  
  •  

3 hours ago, SCANNERMAN777 said:

So good to know that you try to be helpful. As fate would have it I will defer to your annoyance as it certainly is nothing I'm foreign to after reading the illegitimate complaints of so many others in other forums. Evidently my perfectionism got the best of me. Apparently it is common for a CPU to properly install "upside down" in the socket although I don't recall ever seeing it before. At any rate the motherboard died on the test bench for some mysterious reason after having posted successfully and recognizing all 8 dimms and I had to RMA the thing. If you're interested I'll keep you posted on the progress of my build. Don't get me wrong, I love my old X58 rig but it's almost 2017 and it's time to move on.

I'm always interested in x58 builds as they are new to me and a dying breed. I'm sorry for your loss. Did the board die altogether, no POST? I will be watching for your build regardless of Chipset/CPU.

Black Knight-

Daughter's Rig;

5 hours ago, laushik said:

A pic would help

I don't think a pic would make much difference since I already went through the whole troubleshooting ordeal with ASUS. I didn't take many pix anyway because I didn't anticipate that there would be a problem. I have one of before it went on the bench and one picture of the post showing high temps on the mobo.

DSCN2360.JPG

PIC WOULD HELP.png

Edited by SCANNERMAN777
although it doesn't show in the picture the CPU temp was a nice cool 29 Celcius. Much cooler than the board itstelf.

4 hours ago, asand1 said:

I'm always interested in x58 builds as they are new to me and a dying breed. I'm sorry for your loss. Did the board die altogether, no POST? I will be watching for your build regardless of Chipset/CPU.

I love x58 builds. For the longest time there really wasn't much out there worth the trouble (IMO) to buy until the X99 came out. Someone on a different forum 3 years ago talked me into buying a Z series board suggesting that anything more that I needed could be addressed in the PCIE and this consequently resulted in a grande debate between him and some old timer X58 die hard. (Not yours truly.) I wish I would have listened to the old timer instead of the young buck but in the end the Z87 SABERTOOTH was passed on to my wife who is happy with it as it currently sits in her Pink Apevia. I'm definitely an X series fan. I'll leave the Z series platforms to the gamers. To be fair that Z87 gave me all the incentive I needed to get a Z97 for my 7 year old daughter who games profusely. They're nice boards but they don't suit my purposes. I want the bandwidth, I want the express lanes, and I want the flexibility that comes with a quality X series platform. It has been my experience that tri-channel memory works well and I'm rather surprised Intel didn't keep it. Right now my X58 board is only using 12 Gb of standard DDR3 so my ram drive is a little limited. (The wife has the Hyper X ram in her Z87 now.) My 9 year old daughter will be "inheriting" this mod job as her little sister already has a Z97 and is quite pleased with it. My X58 ran like a dream back in the day when it had a ram drive on 24Gb of Hyper X memory. This old X58 had little problem keeping up with my wife's Haswell build which can only handle 16Gb of memory. I'm thinking of giving her the Noctua illustrated in the above picture since Haswell chips tend to run hot anyway. As good as the Noctua NH-D15S may be it still leaves no room for the RAM FANS that come with my Corsair memory.

DSCN1665.JPG

DSCN1662.JPG

DSCN1658.JPG

DSCN1554.JPG

DSCN1664.JPG

Edited by SCANNERMAN777
Forgot to mention the bottom slot under the raid cage now boasts a little pop out tray for holding usb sticks, SD cards, nick-nacks, and gurly things.

@SCANNERMAN777

That pink job is pretty cool. I was grinning ear to ear. I would love to build my 14yo daughter a proper machine. Her mom is not to keen on the idea of her getting even more into gaming.

Black Knight-

Daughter's Rig;

She has raid 1 on her Windows 7 Ultimate for data and storage and raid 0 on her Win 8.1 flip side for gaming.  The raid 1 is on board and on hard drives while her gaming raid runs on a separate card fixed to two Hyper X SSDs. With military grade mosfets and caps on a Sabertooth mobo I think she looks pretty good in pink army boots regardless of which boot she chooses. Just finished dropping in the Noctua which proved to be quite a feat because of the huge pink fan on the window panel. Had to remove the blower fan (which she didn't really need anyway) to make room for the NH-D15S. Temps on the CPU and the Motherboard match now in idle. lol And her PC runs so much more quiet without that annoying blower fan. Had a problem with the post though because the Noctua fan moves so slow the alarm kept going off. :D I think I might have this remedied by putting all the settings to high performance and setting all the fans to "turbo". It's still quiet.