Which tech product have you bought that was worth every penny

donggun222

AMD fx 9590 best cpu I ever had for $200

Sent From The TechMaster Himself

Thanks For All The Help - Rambo3456

9 hours ago, LinusTech said:

Ruckus R700 enterprise wireless access point. 

It cost me $1000, but every other wireless solution I've tried in my house has been trash and I literally haven't touched it since I installed it. 

We have a bunch of these all over campus, they work okay.

Granted I know when you have thousands of people vying to get on WiFi, things tend to get congested, so I figure it's less fault on the routers and more on the traffic overall.

Currently focusing on my video game collection.

It doesn't matter what you play games on, just play good games you enjoy.

My U80 smart watch for £8 and my beloved AMD HD 4550 I bought with a system for £50 which looking back on it was too much

Edit: My Vodafone Smart 4 Turbo phone for £50 with a quad core CPU and 4.5" screen. It does get slow every year or so. Just needs a quick factory reset and good as new.

My Rig:

Xeon E5 1680 V2 @ 4.5GHz - Asus Rampage IV Extreme X79 Mobo - 64GB DDR3 1600MHz - 8 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Low Profile - CAS 10-10-10-27 - AMD Radeon RX 6700XT Sapphire Pulse 12GB - DeepCool E-Shield E-ATX Tempered Glass Case - 1 x 1TB Crucial P1 NVMe SSD - BeQuiet Straight Power 11 850W Gold+ Quad rail - Fractal Design Celsius S36 & 6 x 120mm silent fans - Lenovo KBBH21 - Corsair Glaive RGB Pro - Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

Monitors - 3 x Acer Nitro 23.8" 1080p 75Hz IPS 1ms Freesync Panels = AMD Eyefinity @ 75Hz

Line6 Toneport GX for ~60€. Not the best USB guiter amplifier out there, but it was cheap and after getting it I have rarely fired up my 150W Royal tube amplifier or even my Roland Cube30. Just that I can start Guitar Rig or POD Farm and hav every single amplifier and effect there is in use and I don't even need to worry about disturbing anyone even if I accidentaly get the headphones unplugged.

12 hours ago, LinusTech said:

Ruckus R700 enterprise wireless access point. 

It cost me $1000, but every other wireless solution I've tried in my house has been trash and I literally haven't touched it since I installed it. 

That looks like a sweet product. If there is a need and you got the $1000 bucks.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tech wise for me I cant think of any tech product i bought that was worth every penny. I saved a few bucks on my computer. My used iphone 5 was 2/3 off. I have power supplies that were dirt cheap.

The only product I have bought and thought was worth every penny or more are 

We-vibe classic and 

We-Vibe 4 Plus

even with some hiccups after updates to the We-Vibe app that stopped syncing for a while. Wireless and syncing over the internet made long bouts away from my girlfriend much more bareable along with extra sense of security that she wasn't going to go looking elsewhere well away.

Without a doubt my MacBook Air.

My phone, PC, camera, game systems or whatever don't even come close to the value this MBA has given me. What a workhorse. 

18 hours ago, AddisonHawke said:

AMD fx 9590 best cpu I ever had for $200

Sarcasm? 

- snip-

Logitech G602 $80 - Cant live without the untethered macro goodness.

Logitech G510s $117/$80 - I never knew that I needed 54 macros to not be annoyed when doing normal PC stuff. (bought it twice and still worth double its weight in gold)

Logitech Z523 $110 - Not the greatest speakers and I overpaid for them but they lasted six years of use and abuse and still work so I've nothing to complain about.

Klipsch Promedia 2.1 $107 - I avoided buying these for years because I couldn't justify the $150 price tag when my Z523's worked perfectly fine. After 30 seconds using them I started to wonder why I didn't just commit and get them years ago.

Audiotechnica M20x $50 - I paid $30 for the crummy Sony headphones that these replaced and I regret every cent I spent on them because I could have had an M20x instead for only $20 more.

Roccat Ryos Mk $58 - You could murder someone to death with this thing.

Lian Li T60-B $105- Dunno if this counts since its a test bench and not a piece of tech but omg its so nice why did I even bother with actual cases before.

"The of and to a in is I that it for you was with on as have but be they"

Some ~€10 NGS wired mouse I bought in 2009 or 2010. II expected it to be yet another mouse to last a year or two and spare me using the laptop's trackpad. To this day, it remains my main mouse. I guess a pro gamer would find some severe limitations to it, but it's as precise as I can be, and I can't get used to anything smaller since then, it seems it just has the size/shape that suits me best. It's time for some maintenance, though: the paint is heavily eroded on the buttons (OK, not much to do there), and it certainly could use some thorough cleaning -the scroll wheel is starting to be a bit random, the back and forward buttons can go from non-responsive to 3 pages back on one click. I just need to figure out how to open it without breaking it.

Despite the infamous trackpad, the laptop I mentioned above was also a good buy, back in 2008. A Dell Studio 17 (P8400, 4GB, HD 3650), got it with 1920x1200 screen after whining to an online sales representative. Added an SSD in 2012, and it's still going strong. Screen ain't as bright any more, but still one of the nicest to look at. Horrible for mobility, but great "transportable" desktop replacement, €800 at the time, with a "free" Creative MP3 player (which I also used extensively).

Come to think about it, I think I was a better buyer when I had less money to spend :S

My HP proliant gen 8 server that is now my NAS box, only around £100 or so (without HDDs) - I now don't have much local storage on my Main PC/laptop as almost everything gets downloaded straight to my NAS and  streamed from it (using FreeNAS). It has also made me a bit more competent, and can now do a freenas setup in a very short time. I have an old PC that I have now converted into a freenas box too for testing purposes, so that I don't mess up my actual NAS box while trying out something and learnign by trial and error, LOL :)

Also worth every penny:-

Nvidia shield tv

Nvidia shield k1 tablet

Panasonic 4k TV

xbox one s

My newest PC that I built

Please quote my post, or put @paddy-stone if you want me to respond to you.

Spoiler
  • PCs:- 
  • Main PC build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/2K6Q7X
  • ASUS x53e  - i7 2670QM / Sony BD writer x8 / Win 10, Elemetary OS, Ubuntu/ Samsung 830 SSD
  • Lenovo G50 - 8Gb RAM - Samsung 860 Evo 250GB SSD - DVD writer
  •  
  • Displays:-
  • Philips 55 OLED 754 model
  • Panasonic 55" 4k TV
  • LG 29" Ultrawide
  • Philips 24" 1080p monitor as backup
  •  
  • Storage/NAS/Servers:-
  • ESXI/test build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/4wyR9G
  • Main Server https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/3Qftyk
  • Backup server - HP Proliant Gen 8 4 bay NAS running FreeNAS ZFS striped 3x3TiB WD reds
  • HP ProLiant G6 Server SE316M1 Twin Hex Core Intel Xeon E5645 2.40GHz 48GB RAM
  •  
  • Gaming/Tablets etc:-
  • Xbox One S 500GB + 2TB HDD
  • PS4
  • Nvidia Shield TV
  • Xiaomi/Pocafone F2 pro 8GB/256GB
  • Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

• Unused Hardware currently :-
  • 4670K MSI mobo 16GB ram
  • i7 6700K  b250 mobo
  • Zotac GTX 1060 6GB Amp! edition
  • Zotac GTX 1050 mini

AKG Q701 at 50% off (note that it was sold for quite a lot of money in my country)

Sony MDR 100aap at 20% off (Some Sony headphones including the 100aap in Vietnam are considerably cheaper than the rest of the world, keep that in mind)

Oppo HA-2SE 

Welp, all are audio techs rite

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K 8C/16T @ 5.2GHz All Cores -- CPU Cooler: EK AIO 360 D-RGB 

Motherboard: ASUS ROG STRIX Z490-F Gaming -- RAM: G-Skill Trident Z 32GB (16x2) DDR4-3000 

SSD#1: Samsung PM981 256GB -- HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB -- GPU: ASUS TUF GAMING RTX 3080 10GB OC MSI GTX 1070 Duke

PSU: FSP Hydro G Pro 850W -- Case: Corsair 275R Airflow Black

Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG27AQ 1440p 165Hz -- Keyboard: Ducky Shine 7 Cherry MX Brown -- Mouse: Logitech G304 K/DA Limited Edition

Phone: iPhone 12 Pro Max 256GB

Headphones: Sony WH-1000XM4 / Apple AirPods 2

Laptop: MacBook Air 2020 M1 8-core CPU / 7-core GPU | 8GB RAM | 256GB SSD

TV: LG B9 OLED TV | Sony HT-X9000F Soundbar

• 2 weeks later...

Kingston V300 240GB SSD, I've never realized that I needed an SSD until I got one

My RX 480 

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Those who know much are aware that they know little. - Slick roasting me

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

Offical first poster LTT V2.0

My Radeon HD4670, first modern video card I had that finally allow me to play games,  I used that card soo much, until I sold it to buy a GTX 560.   To this day it is still working fine in the machine of the person who bought it.

Mystery is the source of all true science.

R7 360's got two of them in my old rig, which my girlfriend now uses for Witcher 3 and ESO.  Never gone wrong, always quiet, great cards.

PC - NZXT H510 Elite, Ryzen 5600, 16GB DDR3200 2x8GB, EVGA 3070 FTW3 Ultra, Asus VG278HQ 165hz,

Mac - 1.4ghz i5, 4GB DDR3 1600mhz, Intel HD 5000.  x2

Endlessly wishing for a BBQ in space.

Valentine One. Both my first one in 2007 and its replacement last year. Between the two of them, they've way, way more than paid for themselves in terms of ticket fees, court costs and insurance rate hikes I didn't incur.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

My late 2013 top spec 15" MacBook Pro which I got for $300 somehow.

✨PC Specs✨

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X | MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus | 16GB Team T-Force 3400MHz | Zotac GTX 1080 AMP EXTREME

BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | NZXT 750W | Phanteks Eclipse P400A

Extras: ASUS Zephyrus G14 (2021) | OnePlus 7 Pro | Fully restored Robosapien V2, Omnibot 2000, Omnibot 5402

My laptop... Sony Vaio s13p with 640m LE. After OC GPU I was getting 650m performance. Got it for 600 cad back in 2013.

Intel i7 3770k@4.7GHz delidded NZXT Kraken x62 Asus P8Z77-V PRO/Thunderbolt | G.Skill Ripjaws Z 16GB (2x8GB) 2400Mhz | EVGA GTX 1070 FTW

Phanteks Eclipse P400 Tempered Glass | EVGA SuperNOVA 750W P2 | 840 evo 256gb + HyperX 3k 480gb + 2 HDD (2TB) Asus Essence STX + Sennheiser HD580

AOC G2460PG 144Hz 24" + Asus VH236H 23" | Razer Blackwidow Tournament Edition Stealth | Logitech G703

Windows 10 Pro

Pixelbook 2017 (i5, 8GB, 128GB)