Which tech product have you bought that was worth every penny

donggun222

My Corsair K70 with Brown Switches, Ill never go back on desktop.

My Huawei Y6 (cellphone) ... got it last year during Black Friday, the shop had a promotion where they would give you $100 in store credit for an old phone, and the Huawei was on sale for $100 AND for new subscription with the provider (Fido) they would give you a $100 pre-paid Visa.

So THEY paid me $75 (after taxes and I took a case) to get that phone! xD

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

My GTX 1070.  It was an awesome upgrade from my GTX 550Ti.  There isn't a game I can't play on amazing graphics! 

Edit: Pair that with my new steam link (for $20 this past black friday) and I'm really loving my set up right now. 

My first ssd which was the Intel 330 120gb for $100 or so. 

9f8b7c18f86100a9e5971663e3298beaad61101e

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Mandatory SSD post. Got my Intel 520 180GB ssd for around $120 about 4 years ago (freaking great deal back in the day.)

CPU i5 3570k MOBO Asus Maximus Gene V GPU Asus DCUII 670 CASE Corsair 350D (windowless) SSD Crucial M550 256GB msata CPU COOLER Noctua NH-D14 RAM Corsair XMS3 8GB 1600mhz PSU Corsair AX750 Display Asus PB287Q 4K (my review on it http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/380533-journey-into-4k-goodness-asus-pb287q-review/) & Asus VH236H 1080P

Keyboard Logitech G710+ MX Brown Mouse Logitech G502 (my review on it http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/299464-logitech-g502/ )

Proud owner of a BlackBerry Q10.

a little different, but my 10" toshiba thrive tablet, can't remember how much but I think I got it cheap because it's ugly as all hell. It ran all my gps mapping when I traveled through central Australia, and the vic high country, so much so that I was home before I realised all my emergency paper maps were soaked from a little water leaking into the cab on a few creek crossings.

Silent build - You know your pc is too loud when the deaf complain. Windows 98 gaming build, smells like beige

1 hour ago, wkdpaul said:

My Huawei Y6 (cellphone) ... got it last year during Black Friday, the shop had a promotion where they would give you $100 in store credit for an old phone, and the Huawei was on sale for $100 AND for new subscription with the provider (Fido) they would give you a $100 pre-paid Visa.

So THEY paid me $75 (after taxes and I took a case) to get that phone! xD

Yeah but how is the phone itself?

Anyone can find cheap phones.

850EVO 250GB for $115 CAD.

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

19 minutes ago, Velvet Revolver said:

Yeah but how is the phone itself?

Anyone can find cheap phones.

it's obviously not a flagship phone, but for a $120 CAD phone it's good (even more so that THEY paid me $75 for it!). The Huawei Y6 is basically a Honor 4a without the 2nd SIM;

5in screen (720p IPS)

Android 5.1.1

2GB of RAM

8GB of storage (my only complaint about the phone)

Qualcomm Snapdragon 210 (quad core)

LTE

Bluetooth 4.1

etc...

I don't game on the phone, so it's perfectly fine for me (for checking emails, Google maps, YouTube, Spotify, some shopping and checking the forum)

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

2 SIM slots wow 9_9 means I can have two carriers and two numbers. I have been casually looking for something like that.

Have my business # on one and my personal # on the other, all on one phone.

My Dell Inspiron 7559 and my GTX 780.

Also my HP 25vx monitor.  I got it for $120, it's 1080p, IPS, 60Hz.

Currently focusing on my video game collection.

It doesn't matter what you play games on, just play good games you enjoy.

My Gtx 950 I got for $130. I have a 1600x900 monitor and my 950 handles all my games really good with that resolution.  My previous card was a geforce 9800 GT (the fan for it rattled and had been that way for like a couple years before upgrading), so that 950 was a huge improvement.

Edited by deandip
mixed up geforce with radeon

I research and mull over pretty all the electronics I buy, so I can safely say they're all worth every penny I spend on them. 

PS. I think that's probably what you meant -- electronics.  There's "technology" in doorknobs and car tires, too.  I doubt that's what you were asking about, though.  That's a bit of a pet peeve of mine. "Technology" does not equal "electronics." 

PPS. I suppose can be specific with an example.  Right now I'm having a blast with my New 3DS that I bought so that I don't have to use my son's. Played/beat BoxBoy and Gunman Clive 2. Now I'm elbows deep in my son's copy of Dark Moon. Man, what a fun game. 

Not sure if this counts, but my ifixit tech toolkit (the grey version) has paid for itself many times over.

47 minutes ago, caveslemons said:

Not sure if this counts, but my ifixit tech toolkit (the grey version) has paid for itself many times over.

mine too! What a great kit!!!

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

Probably my R9 390X - thing is ridiculously fast - especially in OpenCL and DX12 applications!

Maybe my Corsair AX860 - thing is reliable and as solid as a rock!

Also my wireless charging kit for my Note 4 - super convenient!

And probably also my Schiit Valhalla 2 and Beyerdynamic DT 990 that I'm getting myself for Christmas (haven't opened or used them yet so I can't be sure if they're amazing but I think they're going to be awesome! First time ever owning a pair of headphones - I've always used a cheap bluetooth MONO speaker or cheap Samsung soundbar)

Workstation:

Intel Core i7 6700K | AMD Radeon R9 390X | 16 GB RAM

Mobile Workstation:

MacBook Pro 15" (2017) | Intel Core i7 7820HQ | AMD Radeon Pro 560 | 16 GB RAM

Xiaomi Piston Hybrids and Comply Tips

Just amazing sound for so little money

idk

Probably my cheep Bluetooth speaker. I have the Ayfee Stereo S and I though that for the price that I paid ($40 USD at the time) it was not going to be very good. However, I found out that the thing is amazing. It has served me well for years now and it was definitely worth every penny. @LinusTech this would be a great thing for handy tech under $100 (I have no idea if I can make recommendations for that or not).

Please Quote or tag me @GigabitXe to make sure I see your reply. 

So far my HD 598 cs that i got this black Friday have been worth every penny.

Other then that. 

Craftsman 19 volt cordless drill i got on clearance when a k-mart was closing. 

An inexpensive IR thermometer i picked up gets a lot of use especially in the kitchen.

Vltor impact sport electronic hearing protection. They are  very comfy and the noise amplification is very crisp.

My AR's vortex sparc.  it might be a knock off of a aimpoint but damn is it well made. 

Lastly i'd say my playstation 2.  its the first console i purchased with my own money and i've gotten a lot of enjoyment from it.

Sansa Fuze first gen (r.i.p) and my coby mp3 player (still works like a dream)

CPU: Intel i7 7700K | GPU: ROG Strix GTX 1080Ti | PSU: Seasonic X-1250 (faulty) | Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200Mhz 16GB | OS Drive: Western Digital Black NVMe 250GB | Game Drive(s): Samsung 970 Evo 500GB, Hitachi 7K3000 3TB 3.5" | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z270x Gaming 7 | Case: Fractal Design Define S (No Window and modded front Panel) | Monitor(s): Dell S2716DG G-Sync 144Hz, Acer R240HY 60Hz (Dead) | Keyboard: G.SKILL RIPJAWS KM780R MX | Mouse: Steelseries Sensei 310 (Striked out parts are sold or dead, awaiting zen2 parts)

Low tier as it is, definitely my HD7850. I threw out $90 for one a few years back as a hail mary since I was having so many issues with getting my (brand new just released) a10-6800k to display video. The second I popped it in, hooked it up, and turned on my monitor it worked perfectly. Surprisingly stays cool, overclocks decently, and runs as well as I could ask of it. It even survived a power supply exploding. I'm planning to replace it soon, but it's definitely become a prized possession that's going up on the shelf as the piece that finally brought my first build together.

Current System: R7 1700x 3.93Ghz, PowerColor R9 380x 1.14ghz, 16gb Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200mhz, EVGA 650 GS