• Beat
    • Bose
    • Sennhesiser
    • Audio Technica
    • Beyerdynamic
    • Shure
    • Grado
    • Others

I've never used Sennheisers, haven't got the budget for them. But I am currently using a pair of Sony MDR-XB50APs that are decent.

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

I'll try not to talk about Beats, since I don't really like the way vegetables sound that much.

I voted Other because you missed Ultimate Ears, a Logitech subsidiary making professional grade In Ear Monitors and Speakers.

You might know Ultimate Ears more for their UE Roll, UE Boom, and UE MegaBoom Bluetooth speakers in the retail market.

Those are all great products, and I only wish they still made their UE6000 and UE9000 over the ear headphones to compete with BOSE.

However, what most people don't know is that Ultimate Ears was the most popular IEM manufacturer in the world for a long time.

Artists like Macklemore, Miranda Lambert, Metallica, Smash Mouth, and Linkin Park used them. http://pro.ultimateears.com/whos-using

Spoiler

#

5 SECONDS OF SUMMER

A

ACE OF BASE

ADAM CAROLLA

AGAINST ME

AIR SUPPLY

ALICE COOPER

ALKALINE TRIO

ATLAS GENIUS

AUGUST BURNS RED

B

B-52’S

BAD RELIGION

BAND OF HORSES

BANKS

BASTILLE

BELLE AND SEBASTIAN

BEN HARPER

BIG SEAN

BILLY IDOL

BLACK VEIL BRIDES

BLINK 182

BON IVER

BON IVER

BRANDON FLOWERS

BREAKING BENJAMIN

BRIAN WILSON

BROKEN BELLS

C

CAZZETTE

CHARLIE PUTH

CHAYANNE

CIRQUE DU SOLEIL

CITIZEN COPE

COASTS

COLDPLAY

CONOR OBERST

D

DADDY YANKEE

E

ECHOSMITH

EMERSON DRIVE

ENRIQUE IGLESIAS

F

FAMILY OF THE YEAR

FILTER

FINGER ELEVEN

FLORENCE AND THE MACHINE

FOSTER THE PEOPLE

FRANZ FERDINAND

G

GEORGE EZRA

GIN BLOSSOMS

GUTTERMOUTH

H

HILLSONG UNITED

HOLLYWOOD U2

HOT CHIP

ATLAS GENIUS

HOZIER

HUEY LEWIS & THE NEWS

I

INCUBUS

J

J BALVIN

JAMES BAY

JASON DERULO

JASON MRAZ

JENNY & THE MEXICATS

JONATHAN LEE BAND

K

KANYE WEST

KELLY CLARKSON

KID ROCK

KREWELLA

KYGO

L

LA ROUX

LADY ANTEBELLUM

LANA DEL RAY

LEE GREENWOOD

LILY ALLEN

LIONEL RICHIE

M

MACKLEMORE

MARK ANTHONY

MARK RONSON

MATT SKIBA

MELISSA ETHRIDGE

METALLICA

MIKE POSNER

MINUS THE BEAR

MIRANDA LAMBERT

MOLOTOV

MORAT

MUMFORD & SONS

MUSE

N

NEON TREES

NEW FOUND GLORY

NORTH OF NINE

O

OF MONSTERS AND MEN

ONE DIRECTION

P

PANIC! AT THE DISCO

PASSION PIT

PAUL MCCARTNEY

PIERCE THE VEIL

PITBULL

PORT ISLA

PORTUGAL, THE MAN

POWERMAN 5000

PURITY RING

Q

QUEEN LATIFAH

R

RA RA RIOT

RICKY MARTIN

RISE AGAINST

RITA ORA

RIXTON

ROBBIE WILLIAMS

ROCK OF AGES LAS VEGAS

ROD STEWART

ROLLING STONES

ROYAL BLOOD

RYAN CABRERA

S

SAM SMITH

SEAL

SIMPLE MINDS

SKRILLEX

SMASHMOUTH

SOCIAL DISTORTION

SOME FEAR NONE

SPOON

ST. LUCIA

ST. MOTEL

SUICIDE SILENCE

T

TAKING BACK SUNDAY

TAYLOR SWIFT

TECH N9NE

THE 1975

THE AVETT BROTHERS

THE BLACK KEYS

THE BLACKBIRD ACADEMY

THE CURE

THE DEVIL WEARS PRADA

THE DRUMS

THE GIFT

THE KILLERS

THE KOOKS

THE LONELY ISLAND

THE OFFSPRING

THE PRODIGY

THE ROXY THEATER

THE STROKES

THE TEN TENORS

THE VACCINES

THE VAMPS

THE VIPER ROOM

THE VOICE

THIEVERY CORPORATION

THIRTY SECONDS TO MARS

TITO EL BAMBINO

TONI BRAXTON

TORI AMOS

TRAIN

TV ON THE RADIO

TWENTY ONE PILOTS

TYCHO

V

VANCE JOY

W

WALLPAPER

WE THE KINGS

WEEZER

WHITE LIES

Y

YANNI

YELLOWCARD

YOUNG THE GIANT

Z

ZAC BROWN BAND

pdp-top-ueprm-desktop_2.png

Jerry Harvey, UE Founder, was touring with Van Halen's audio engineers when band members said they found the on-stage speakers difficult.

Harvey created a set of dual speaker drivers for live performers - one driver for highs, one for lows - so that band members could hear their instruments.

Since the early 2000's, UE has gone on to create a variety of Consumer Grade Audio equipment equally matched to BOSE, but not as widely available.

In 2008, Logitech acquired UE for $34 million and bought out Harvey's shares, keeping on Innovative Partners' Bob Allison as CEO.

You too can have your own pair of UE IEMs, for the low low price of about $600 up to $2,000 after you get an ear mold made up. :D 

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

Rocking Beyerdynamic myself and the GF has Sennheisers

Sennheiser for obvious reasons. German engineering and top notch quality.

i7 7700k @ 4.9ghz | Asus Maximus IX Hero | G.skill 32gb @ 3200 | Gtx 1080 classified | In win 909 | Samsung 960 pro 1tb | WD caviar blue 1tb x3 | Dell u3417w | Corsair H115i | Ducky premier dk9008p (mx reds) | Logitech g900 | Sennheiser hd 800s w/ hdvd 800 | Audioengine a5+ w/ s8

Haven't used alot of different brands for headphones, but the Philips SHP950 I have are great!

Schiit Audio

Not only are their products excellent, but they present industry-upending value. I also thoroughly enjoy their marketing and how they interact with the community. Given the disgusting amount of hype and price inflation in audio, Schiit's approach makes me not hate everything.

Beyerdynamic and Audio-Technica are my two favorites, their house sounds just resonates well with my tastes.

1 hour ago, eLucid said:

German engineering

This is such a goofy phrase.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

16 minutes ago, KaminKevCrew said:

This is such a goofy phrase.

Why? Because it holds validity? Yeah, I guess it's goofy then... The Germans make the best of everything. AMG mercedes and porsche say hello.

i7 7700k @ 4.9ghz | Asus Maximus IX Hero | G.skill 32gb @ 3200 | Gtx 1080 classified | In win 909 | Samsung 960 pro 1tb | WD caviar blue 1tb x3 | Dell u3417w | Corsair H115i | Ducky premier dk9008p (mx reds) | Logitech g900 | Sennheiser hd 800s w/ hdvd 800 | Audioengine a5+ w/ s8

Philips is not even on the list :(

I would have voted for them. The SHP 9500 are amazing for the price, and they don't exhibit harsh treble unlike most other headphone brands. I am looking at you, Ultrasone/Grado/Audio Technica/Beyerdynamic! Oh! And don't even mention Superlux, the ultimate tinnitus-inducing treble brand. I haven't had much experience with AKG. I am put off by their self-adjusting headband which Superlux ruined for me. 

And what about Skullcandy!? They have made so much progress in the past few years. I really like the Skullcandy Grind. Its ergonomics and comfort put almost all headphones to shame. And they're only $30.But the sound is...meh...but they're so comfy and light. Why can't everyone copy their headband and use better drivers!? The world would be so much better. 

Yeah, give me a Scullcandy headphone with Philips drivers in it. That's all I want. 

Where's Oppo?

Their HA-2SE breathes a completely new life for my mid-tier IEMs

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K 8C/16T @ 5.2GHz All Cores -- CPU Cooler: EK AIO 360 D-RGB 

Motherboard: ASUS ROG STRIX Z490-F Gaming -- RAM: G-Skill Trident Z 32GB (16x2) DDR4-3000 

SSD#1: Samsung PM981 256GB -- HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB -- GPU: ASUS TUF GAMING RTX 3080 10GB OC MSI GTX 1070 Duke

PSU: FSP Hydro G Pro 850W -- Case: Corsair 275R Airflow Black

Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG27AQ 1440p 165Hz -- Keyboard: Ducky Shine 7 Cherry MX Brown -- Mouse: Logitech G304 K/DA Limited Edition

Phone: iPhone 12 Pro Max 256GB

Headphones: Sony WH-1000XM4 / Apple AirPods 2

Laptop: MacBook Air 2020 M1 8-core CPU / 7-core GPU | 8GB RAM | 256GB SSD

TV: LG B9 OLED TV | Sony HT-X9000F Soundbar

19 minutes ago, eLucid said:

Why? Because it holds validity? Yeah, I guess it's goofy then... The Germans make the best of everything. AMG mercedes and porsche say hello.

That's not even remotely true

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

there are a couple of companies I like a lot, because a lot of their higher end headphones fit my taste, and those would be AKG, Hifiman and shure.

If we talk DACs and amps, then I am impressed by schiit audio, they seem to be the go to brand right now.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

3 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

there are a couple of companies I like a lot, because a lot of their higher end headphones fit my taste, and those would be AKG, Hifiman and shure.

If we talk DACs and amps, then I am impressed by schiit audio, they seem to be the go to brand right now.

Audio GD is also pretty good, if you're into Chi fi or black gear.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

46 minutes ago, KaminKevCrew said:

That's not even remotely true

Lol... I suppose you have facts to back these claims of yours then? Otherwise it's your flawed opinion.

http://www.bbc.com/news/business-24131534

https://www.quora.com/Why-are-Germans-so-good-at-engineering

https://www.reddit.com/r/explainlikeimfive/comments/2mgx7d/eli5_why_german_engineering_is_spoken_of_as_being/?st=iw7evom3&sh=a362cdcb

1 minute ago, eLucid said:

Lol... I suppose you have facts to back these claims of yours then? Otherwise it's your flawed opinion.

http://www.bbc.com/news/business-24131534

No; it's my opinion, just as AMG and porsche being the best are your opinion. All of this is opinion. 

Hey! New SIgnature! 

Just now, KaminKevCrew said:

No; it's my opinion, just as AMG and porsche being the best are your opinion. All of this is opinion. 

Yeah, no...

1 minute ago, eLucid said:

look at how often german tech fails in a german car. That number is big, really big. That is also the reason why BMW, Mercedes and such now have their tech made in japan now or was it China.

I even think Jeremy Clarkson has commented on shitty german tech in cars.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

22 minutes ago, KaminKevCrew said:

Audio GD is also pretty good, if you're into Chi fi or black gear.

that gear is too hard to find for me, without getting tax and such, so I cannot really say anything about it

2 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

look at how often german tech fails in a german car. That number is big, really big. That is also the reason why BMW, Mercedes and such now have their tech made in japan now or was it China.

I even think Jeremy Clarkson has commented on shitty german tech in cars.

Well, that's hardly surprising considering he's your typical stiff ass brit. He's anti German everything and it shows when watching top gear. In fact, I only hear him praise vehicles from the UK which is hilarious considering jags, rolls royces and bentleys were notorious for their faulty/bad electrical.

The guy is so irrelevant. I wonder how long his new show lasts? I'll take Leno over him any day of the week.

2 minutes ago, jasonwj322a said:

Its crazy seeing how many voted for a single company (Sennheiser)

Surely there's good reason for it :)