Canon 5D MK IV Review

LinusTech

Nda lifting? 

with that said, I WANTZ... 

But I'll prob just save up a little less and get a used GH4

Silverstone FT-05: 8 Broadwell Xeon (6900k soon), Asus X99 A, Asus GTX 1070, 1tb Samsung 850 pro, NH-D15

Resist!

4 hours ago, LucidMew said:

Might have had a problem with the rendering?

Can you provide a timestamp? I just watched it for errors and didn't notice any...

If you're talking about the black bars, no, that was intentional :P

2 minutes ago, nicklmg said:

Can you provide a timestamp? I just watched it for errors and didn't notice any...

If you're talking about the black bars, no, that was intentional :P

oh no, lol. I meant to add to the list of possible reasons that the upload might have been late xD

Ensure a job for life: https://github.com/Droogans/unmaintainable-code

Actual comment I found in legacy code: // WARNING! SQL injection here!

3 minutes ago, LucidMew said:

oh no, lol. I meant to add to the list of possible reasons that the upload might have been late xD

Ahhh haha.

This one was actually early... this is Saturday's YouTube video :) Linus just wanted to get it ready a little early haha

Love the ultra wide format.  Would be great to have that on all videos.

awesome review, I like it :) 

and I want more!!!

also shoot and format were great. Maybe you should do more outdoors?

People are already asking LTT to upload videos in 21:9. Uhm, I was just watching this on my 16:9 smartphone display. ?

But nonetheless, it's a well made review. I'm hoping they'll do a video on cameras around $1000 to $1500. That's my budget range.

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

Hey guys, 

Firstly, was this video letterboxed? or was it just me?
if so, why is this? im just curious because i dont recall seeing another video in this format,

Will this be an ongoing thing?

Thanks

41 minutes ago, Know Nexus said:

Hey guys, 

Firstly, was this video letterboxed? or was it just me?
if so, why is this? im just curious because i dont recall seeing another video in this format,

Will this be an ongoing thing?

Thanks

1 hour ago, hey_yo_ said:

People are already asking LTT to upload videos in 21:9. Uhm, I was just watching this on my 16:9 smartphone display. ?

But nonetheless, it's a well made review. I'm hoping they'll do a video on cameras around $1000 to $1500. That's my budget range.

LMAO, LTT uploads a video that "introduces" (not reviews) what some pros are considering to be a lackluster camera release from Canon and people get stuck up on the anamorphic widescreen format of the video?

That is not dead which can eternal lie.  And with strange aeons even death may die. - The Call of Cthulhu

A university is not a "safe space". If you need a safe space, leave, go home, hug your teddy & suck your thumb until ready for university.  - Richard Dawkins

19 minutes ago, AkiraDaarkst said:

LMAO, LTT uploads a video that "introduces" (not reviews) what some pros are considering to be a lackluster camera release from Canon and people get stuck up on the anamorphic widescreen format of the video?

Agreed. I think this review really covered how Canon will only provide the minimum video capabilities that professional PHOTOGRAPHERS want.

Also Brandon, why don't you like intraframe compression? Out of the two, it is widely considered much better for editing.

That camera looks like a lazy cash grab...

9 hours ago, Metonym said:

Agreed. I think this review really covered how Canon will only provide the minimum video capabilities that professional PHOTOGRAPHERS want.

Also Brandon, why don't you like intraframe compression? Out of the two, it is widely considered much better for editing.

He probably has an issue with Canon deciding to use Motion JPEG as the codec and Intraframe compression does use up more storage space in a memory card than Long GOP or Short GOP interframe used in Sony A7 series cameras.

The 5D mk IV is a logical and fantastic successor the 5D mk III, for photographers (people who want the camera for taking still photos as their priority).  Even the $3500 price tag is no different from the initial launch price tag of previous generations of 5D cameras.

For people who were expecting to see significantly improved/better video features implemented in Canon DSLRs, not gonna happen anytime soon.  Canon has their EOS C line of video cameras for people who want to buy a camera with filming as their priority.

That is not dead which can eternal lie.  And with strange aeons even death may die. - The Call of Cthulhu

A university is not a "safe space". If you need a safe space, leave, go home, hug your teddy & suck your thumb until ready for university.  - Richard Dawkins

Love it when they let Brandon go HAM with the filming.

CPU: AMD 3950x Mobo: MSI B550 RAM: 32GB DDR4 GPU: Asus 3080 Strix PSU: Superflower Leadex 3 720w Case: BeQuiet 500DX

Storage: 2TB SSD + 4TB HDD Audio: SMSL 793ii -> HiFiman HE-400 + Mission MS-50 Speakers

Watching this review on my TV looks so good.

IMG_4958.JPG

IMG_4959.JPG

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

Guys, I am sorry to ask for this, but can you please provide the raw files for those photos that appear around the 8 minute mark on the video?

Sincerely, I believe those files are from a camera with superior sharpness (5DSR comes to mind), especially because the video crops out the information at the top that could display the camera model/resolution. 

I really apologize if those are genuine 5D Mark IV files, but I'd like to see the proof.

I just realized that the video does not have LTT intro. Intended?

This is imo one of the best reviews LTT has done to date (and one of 2 most beautiful videos to date). I really love when other LMG members step in to do the reviews of stuff they have high knowledge off. Thumbs up to Brandon. 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

Good review.  Been following the Canon DSLRs for years.  I always have joked that I'm saving up for the 5D Mark VIII.  After I put the kids through college and bribe the wife with some lucrative anniversary gift.  But the tendency of Canon to nerf this line so that they can sell more of their cinema cameras drives me nuts.  The new C700 is ridiculously expensive, but very nice looking.  Good news is this update may drive the price of the Mark III down - a little.