Which Internet Browser do you use 24/7?

Which Browser do you use for 24/7?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Select proper family, If any fork, write it in comment section please :)

• Google Chrome
    • Chrome Fork (UC browser, chromium)
    • Mozilla Firefox
    • Firefox Fork (Waterfox, etc)
    • Opera
    • Opera Fork (??)
    • Safari
    • Edge
    • Other (Don't forget to mention it's name :D)

Hello everyone, the mission is quite straight forward. I want to know which web browser LinusTechTipsForums users do prefer. 

Motive: I always thought Chrome had the best performance out there untill i saw my benchmarks in Peacekeeper... (i know it's no longer supported but it's a fine feature test available online). 

I leave here my benchmarks: (6564=Waterfox 50; 6111=Vainilla Firefox 50; 4360=UCBrowser 50 with GPU Flags forced ON; 4319=Vainilla UCBrowser 50) A quick search in google showed me a lot of people changing to Edge for its VP9 hw decoding and a lot of people using firefox as daily driver which surprised me a lot... hence this poll :) 

Link to Peacekeeper benchmarks

You can run your bench and post your results & rig if you wish... 

My rig: 

5820K@4.0

1070 Strix @1.9Ghz(ish)

16GB Ram (2400Mhz) quad channel. 

30MB UP/Down WAN speeds. 

And Sandisk SSD Plus 240GB for OS and browser installation/cache folder.

This info will be used for tunning web apps in development, the show who voted what is just to create a faithful compromise in the answer, which may not work... but hey you can't avoid internet trolls, death and taxes. 

I did a quick search in this forum for this exact question and returned nothing, if this is a "repost" please link to the post so i can relate it to :)

Thanks in advanced!

Chrome, not because it's the most powerful, but because it can sync on all of my devices (PC, Mac, and Android phone). 

Edit : I use native browers (Edge and Safari) when playing native 4k videos. Chrome cannot handle it quite as smoothly. 

2 minutes ago, The Belgian Waffle said:

Chrome, not because it's the most powerful, but because it can sync on all of my devices (PC, Mac, and Android phone). 

Aaaaaaaand Google now officially knows everything about you.

Vivaldi. It's amazing. I'm spoiled, can't stand anything else.

Lenovo Ideapad 720s 14 inch ------ One day I'll have a desktop again...

Just now, DaMainMan said:

Aaaaaaaand Google now officially knows everything about you.

I don't care ^^ I have nothing to hide :) 

safari on my 2015 MacBook air with i7 & 8GB ram scored 3445

Safari

3445 Points

Version info
Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_12_1) AppleWebKit/602.2.14 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/10.0.1 Safari/602.2.14
Comment

Suite
Result
Rendering

renderGrid01
121.15 fps

renderGrid02
64.23 fps

renderGrid03
0.95 fps

renderPhysics
0.95 fps

HTML5 Capabilities
3/7

webglSphere
N/A

videoPosterSupport
Yes

videoCodecH264
N/A

videoCodecTheora
N/A

videoCodecWebM
N/A

workerContrast01
Yes (10716.44 ops)

workerContrast02
Yes (14344.98 ops)

gamingSpitfire
Yes (0.77 fps)

HTML5 Canvas

experimentalRipple01
54.56 fps

experimentalRipple02
27.50 fps

Data

arrayCombined
10337.00 ops

arrayWeighted
400829.50 ops

DOM operations

domGetElements
3680876.00 ops

domDynamicCreationCreateElement
69354.00 ops

domDynamicCreationInnerHTML
68300.50 ops

domJQueryAttributeFilters
36677.00 ops

domJQueryBasicFilters
4752.62 ops

domJQueryBasics
31024.00 ops

domJQueryContentFilters
7681.00 ops

domJQueryHierarchy
48588.50 ops

domQueryselector
390418.00 ops

Text parsing

stringChat
85451.50 ops

stringDetectBrowser
752668.50 ops

stringFilter
90059.00 ops

stringValidateForm
5027052.00 ops

stringWeighted
162073.50 ops

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

I like Safari on my MacBook, my main computing device, since it syncs up with my iPhone and I know the UI like the back of my hand. On my PC I use Firefox, since it's almost as fast as Chrome but it is a bit lighter on the memory. I also like Opera, which is even lighter, but it struggles to render some sites correctly.

ZamoRIG 2.0:

Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 1700 @ 3.9GHz

Cooling: DeepCool Captain 240 RGB + 2x Corsair ML120 fans

Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 Gaming x2 

Motherboard: Asrock X370 Gaming K4 

RAM: 2x8GB DDR4 G Skill Ripjaws V Grey @ 2800MHz 

SSDs: 2xPatriot Ignite M.2 240GB

HDD: WD Black 1TB + WD Green 2TB

PSU: Corsair RM750

Case: Corsair Carbide 400C

ZamoRIG “Portable”:

Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 @ 4GHz

Cooling: Corsair H80i 

Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 Gaming 

Motherboard: Gigabyte AB350N Gaming WiFi

RAM: 1x16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengance  @ 2400MHz 

SSD: Patriot Ignite M.2 240GB 

HDD: 2TB 2.5” Seagate HDD 

PSU: Corsair TX650M 

Case: Siverstone SG13

So many jokes on Chrome browser because of RAM usage and it's still the most popular browser xD 

(and those jokes are acctually true)

Intel i7 12700K | Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4 | Pure Loop 240mm | G.Skill 3200MHz 32GB CL14 | CM V850 G2 | RTX 3070 Phoenix | Lian Li O11 Air mini

Samsung EVO 960 M.2 250GB | Samsung EVO 860 PRO 512GB | 4x Be Quiet! Silent Wings 140mm fans

WD My Cloud 4TB

22 minutes ago, The Belgian Waffle said:

Can't literally every other browser do that? Opera definitely can, I assumed Firefox did too.

I use Opera, which is the best of a bad bunch. Opera used to be genuinely the best, fastest and most powerful bust most features have been stripped away and aren't being rebuilt fast enough. But Chrome and IE are horrible pieces of software and Firefox is too slow for me. Edge has been interesting but not very feature filled.

Just now, Dredgy said:

Can't literally every other browser do that? Opera definitely can, I assumed Firefox did too.

They can, but I think Chrome is the best one on Android, so yeah, I adapted the other devices. 

Opera on PC

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking

maybe i'll switch to GCC in the future

Ryzen 7 3700X / 16GB RAM / Optane SSD / GTX 1650 / Solus Linux

chrome, its what im used to, has the best extention support, nices UI, best themes and syncs what i want and not what i dont want. it was the fastest around when i started using it and its a bit too late to move away for me now :P 

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Chrome. I know there are technically superior options but I like how the omni-bar and bookmarks bar works. Also nice having bookmarks sync'ed across my phone, desktop, and laptop regardless of OS.

Vivaldi. It's an amazing chrome fork with material design and very possibly the most functional and customizable layout I have ever seen. Highly recommend. 

- snip-

Most of the time I'm using Vivaldi. Sometimes Mozilla Firefox. I don't need a spy on my computer... I'm looking at you Chrome :P 

Main Rig - AMD Ryzen 1800X @ 3.9 - NZXT Kraken X62 - MSI X370 SLI PLUS - G.Skill TRIDENT Z RGB 16GB 2667MHz - 2 x Gigabyte GeForce GTX1080 WindForce OC - NZXT S340 (Purple-White) - OCZ 120GB, Seagate 1TB - Corsair RM750i 80+ Gold - SAMSUNG S24D590 24", HP L1950g - Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum - Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum - Creative Cambridge Sound Works + two random Philips speakers, Logitech G430 headset - Win 10 Pro x64

Retro Gaming PC - ASUS T3

Server - HP ProLiant DL380 G6(Currently assembling it) - 2 x Intel Xeon E5520 2.26GHz 8MB Quad Core Processor

NAS - Zyxel NSA320S 2 x Seagate Constellation ES 2TB(RAID1) - QNAP TS-212 1 x 500GB

-=Logitech FanBoiiiiiiii=-

I love NZXT as well <3

64-bit Chrome. It caused memory leak somehow than the 32-bit variant.
Though it's possible it just an isolated case to my computer.

Spoiler
HTML5 Capabilities 7/6