Samsung May Attempt to Sell the Note 7 One Last Time

goodtofufriday

Source: http://www.theinvestor.co.kr/view.php?ud=20160926000417

subsource: http://www.afterdawn.com/news/article.cfm/2016/11/17/is-samsung-going-to-try-sell-the-disastrous-note7-once-more

Samsung Electronics, which is reeling from battery explosions of its latest flagship smartphone Galaxy Note 7, is expected to sell the refurbished products of its handset from next year, according to sources.

“Samsung has not made a final decision yet, but it will likely sell the refurbished Note 7 units next year,” an industry source said. 

The source anticipated the refurbished handsets will be mostly sold in emerging markets such as India and Vietnam where low-end and mid-range smartphones are popular.

20160926000942_0.jpg

If they have the battery worked out then fine. I say that they have decreased the mah rating. But with so many note 7's still out there I have to imagine that the phone is permanently bared from airplanes regardless.

CPU: Amd 7800X3D | GPU: AMD 7900XTX

On 11/18/2016 at 8:22 AM, goodtofufriday said:

The source anticipated the refurbished handsets will be mostly sold in emerging markets such as India and Vietnam where low-end and mid-range smartphones are popular.

news of note 7 exploding has reached india, And airports in india have BANNED the note 7

Indus Monk = Indian+ Buddhist

Really they should just skip seven and call it the Note 8, or something else, too much bad news about it already.

•E5-2670 @2.7GHz • Intel DX79SI • EVGA 970 SSC• GSkill Sniper 8Gb ddr3 • Corsair Spec 02 • Corsair RM750 • HyperX 120Gb SSD • Hitachi 2Tb HDD •

If they sort out the issue and it actually works as intended, I don't see an issue with selling it everywhere again. 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

Just now, SpaceGhostC2C said:

I guess it's more of a marketing nightmare than an engineering one.

Agreed. I don't think there is marketing that can fix the damage. Even my mother who just recently got her first smartphone said that Samsung phones are bad because they explode. Everyone knows about it. 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

4 hours ago, goodtofufriday said:

Source: http://www.theinvestor.co.kr/view.php?ud=20160926000417

subsource: http://www.afterdawn.com/news/article.cfm/2016/11/17/is-samsung-going-to-try-sell-the-disastrous-note7-once-more

If they have the battery worked out then fine. I say that they have decreased the mah rating. But with so many note 7's still out there I have to imagine that the phone is permanently bared from airplanes regardless.

Which is the whole point of selling it in emerging markets. The people there are too poor to be expected to take it on a airplane anyway. It's brilliant.

I think the Note 7 should be renamed and branded as the 'Dirty Bomb' when it hits markets again next year.

My Rig:

Xeon E5 1680 V2 @ 4.5GHz - Asus Rampage IV Extreme X79 Mobo - 64GB DDR3 1600MHz - 8 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Low Profile - CAS 10-10-10-27 - AMD Radeon RX 6700XT Sapphire Pulse 12GB - DeepCool E-Shield E-ATX Tempered Glass Case - 1 x 1TB Crucial P1 NVMe SSD - BeQuiet Straight Power 11 850W Gold+ Quad rail - Fractal Design Celsius S36 & 6 x 120mm silent fans - Lenovo KBBH21 - Corsair Glaive RGB Pro - Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

Monitors - 3 x Acer Nitro 23.8" 1080p 75Hz IPS 1ms Freesync Panels = AMD Eyefinity @ 75Hz

I really hope they do manage to start selling it in the US again, will definitely get it, the phone itself is an amazing device, it just had a problem.. 

CPU: i7-7700K | GPU: ASUS RTX 2080 Super | RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance | Motherboard: MSI M5 Gaming | SSDs: 1TB Samsung 970 Evo + 1TB Samsung 850 Evo + 120GB Kingston SSDNow + 500GB SK hynix SL308 500GB  | HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1 TB 

2 minutes ago, Swiftfeather said:

I really hope they do manage to start selling it in the US again, will definitely get it, the phone itself is an amazing device, it just had a problem.. 

I agree I will probably buy one lol

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Those who know much are aware that they know little. - Slick roasting me

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

Offical first poster LTT V2.0

Interesting idea. I wonder if they'll just put in smaller battery packs. Would be a pretty easy fix.

I'm glad they're going to do something with them though, that'd be a whole lot of waste if they didn't.

4 hours ago, HarryNyquist said:

So you can buy it in Vietnam but you won't be able to leave Vietnam with it. What's the point?

Not everyone travels ;)

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Glad I didn't jumped. Staying with my Note 5 for now.

ROG X570-F Strix AMD R9 5900X | EK Elite 360 | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64gb | Samsung 980 PRO 
ROG Strix XG349C Corsair 4000 | Bose C5 | ROG Swift PG279Q

Logitech G810 Orion Sennheiser HD 518 |  Logitech 502 Hero

Any first year marketing student will tell you that any attempts to sell the note 7 at this point will just be a nightmare.

Even if the device is perfect and deeply discounted many people will refuse to purchase it based on its reputation.

Then you will have those who will intentionally try to get it to explode in order for a quick payday.

Given that the FAA has a special announcement "Samsung Note 7 devices are not permitted to be in carry on, checked luggage, or on person in this aircraft. If you have have this device on you, or in your luggage please contact staff immediately." I'd recommend that if they do launch the Note 7 again, they call it something else. 

3 minutes ago, Belgarathian said:

Given that the FAA has a special announcement "Samsung Note 7 devices are not permitted to be in carry on, checked luggage, or on person in this aircraft. If you have have this device on you, or in your luggage please contact staff immediately." I'd recommend that if they do launch the Note 7 again, they call it something else. 

Note 7 I.E.D

In-explosive Device

CPU: Amd 7800X3D | GPU: AMD 7900XTX

2 hours ago, SpaceGhostC2C said:

I would probably buy two.

And run them in CrossFire.

horatio.png

xD Thats awesome

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Those who know much are aware that they know little. - Slick roasting me

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

Offical first poster LTT V2.0

Shame this phone had an incident and got a recall, it's still the best phablet out there though.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

12 hours ago, SpaceGhostC2C said:

I would probably buy two.

And run them in CrossFire.

horatio.png

you should upload the full image. 

Screen Shot 2016-11-19 at 9.33.30 PM.png

If it is not broken, let's fix till it is.