AMD Never Settle Bundle Coming To CPUs & APUs.

The Never Settle bundle has been great for both AMD & gamers on the GPU side, you buy a graphics card & you get a bunch of AAA games for free with your purchase, gamers get more value out of their purchases & AMD sells more cards.

Apparently the Never Settle campaign has been so successful for AMD it's now expanding it to its CPU side as well.

Buy any one of these processors on newegg.com & you will get Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon & Simcity for free.

• $199.99 - AMD FX-8350 CPU, Vishera, 8-Core, 4.0GHz Clock
  • $159.99 - AMD FX-8320 CPU, Vishera, 8-Core, 3.5GHz Clock
  • $119.99 - AMD FX-6300 CPU, Vishera, 6-Core, 3.5GHz Clock
  • $109.99 - AMD FX-4300 CPU, Vishera, 4-Core, 3.8GHz Clock
  • $139.99 - AMD A10-6800K APU, Richland, 4-Core, 4.0GHz Clock, Radeon HD 8670D
  • $109.99 - AMD A8-6600K APU, Richland, 4-Core, 3.9GHz Clock, Radeon HD 8570D
  • $74.99 - AMD A8-6400K APU, Richland, 2-Core, 3.9GHz Clock, Radeon HD 8470D
  • $129.99 - AMD A10-5800K APU, Trinity, 4-Core, 3.8GHz Clock, Radeon HD 7660D
  • $99.99 - AMD A8-5600K APU, Trinity, 4-Core, 3.8GHz Clock, Radeon HD 7560D
  • $64.99 - AMD A6-5400K APU, Trinity 2-Core, 3.8GHz Clock, Radeon HD 7540D

Source

cool

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

Kind of useless with a dual core APU, but free stuff is always nice

Error: 410

As much as I like this, they need to stop. There is a reason Nvidia always 1-ups them. It's the insane amount of money they make to put into R&D. AMD doing all these deals takes a significant portion of that money.

Sager NP9370EM - I7 3630QM - 680m 1045Mhz - 8gb 1600mhz ram - 240gb msata 750gb hdd

As much as I like this, they need to stop. There is a reason Nvidia always 1-ups them. It's the insane amount of money they make to put into R&D. AMD doing all these deals takes a significant portion of that money.

But they are selling more so

It must be working if there doing CPUs aswell the more they sell the more money they have for r&d tbh if I could re build my pc I would go all amd an the free games are a reason why I would.

But they are selling more so

It must be working if there doing CPUs aswell the more they sell the more money they have for r&d tbh if I could re build my pc I would go all amd an the free games are a reason why I would.

Who says they are selling more? Do you have a source for that?

From what I've seen Nvidia/Intel are in more desktops/laptops than AMD.

Nvidia is worth more and makes more than AMD thus allows for a much more R&D than AMD.

Same with intel, More money = more for r&d for advancing the product.

No hate on amd but since Intel (and Nvidia) owns 60%+ of the market they will have the money to pass AMD in igpu performance.

AMD will be behind cpu, igpu, and gpu.

Sager NP9370EM - I7 3630QM - 680m 1045Mhz - 8gb 1600mhz ram - 240gb msata 750gb hdd

No love for the Ultra cheap and awesome X4 750K? Okay...

Okay-meme_reasonably_small-1-.jpg

\[T]/ Praise the Sun!
Super Budget Gaming Build: Intel Pentium G1610, Gigabye GA-H61M-DS2 rev. 3, Kingston Value RAM 4GB CL9 1333MHz, Fractal Design Core 1000, Corsair VS 450, WD 1TB, Powercolor Radeon HD 7750 1GB/GDDR5, (Optional: Asus DRW-24B1ST).
 (Total: $340 USD)

Nvidia is worth more and makes more than AMD thus allows for a much more R&D than AMD.

So why don't we have faster GPU's than the Titan or you know, 8-core CPU's from Intel that aren't Xeons and cost a butt ton of money?

What's the point in having more money when you just milk the masses with what you already have?

So why don't we have faster GPU's than the Titan or you know, 8-core CPU's from Intel that aren't Xeons and cost a butt ton of money?

What's the point in having more money when you just milk the masses with what you already have?

I would think it's pretty obvious. Intel and Nvidia are charging how much for 3930k/780 (before 290x) and still making sales.

The are making so much money on these top end product lines. Reducing the price  by introducing new product wouldn't make them anymore money because they are already the best out there. 

Best cpu- 3930k/3960x best gpu- 780 OC (because the 290x is limited horribly by thermals). That is why they can charge more. They have the best on the market still.

At stock a 290x does better but how many enthusiast that buy a $550 card run there gpu at stock? That's why the 780 is still reigning champ.

Why make a product that out performs your own product when your already on top and still making sales. That's the reason we don't have better product.

Compliment AMD for the 290x all you want but it's obvious that in it's current form it's held back and can't beat a 780 even when OC.

I would think it's pretty obvious. Intel and Nvidia are charging how much for 3930k/780 (before 290x) and still making sales.

The are making so much money on these top end product lines. Reducing the price  by introducing new product wouldn't make them anymore money because they are already the best out there. 

Best cpu- 3930k/3960x best gpu- 780 OC (because the 290x is limited horribly by thermals). That is why they can charge more. They have the best on the market still.

At stock a 290x does better but how many enthusiast that buy a $550 card run there gpu at stock? That's why the 780 is still reigning champ.

Why make a product that out performs your own product when your already on top and still making sales. That's the reason we don't have better product.

Compliment AMD for the 290x all you want but it's obvious that in it's current form it's held back and can't beat a 780 even when OC.

The 780 is definitely not the best on the market, otherwise Nvidia wouldn't be releasing the 780 Ti.

The R9 290X uses the exact same cooler on the 7970, which is why it runs quite hot, once the custom coolers that Asus, MSI & Gigabyte used on the 780 are available on the 290X things will even out.

Nvidia will cut the price on the 780 next month once they introduce the 780 Ti, I'm willing to bet on it.

In any case, AMD will be making the exact same margins selling the 290X for $550 as Nvidia selling the 780 for $650, because the 290X chip is significantly smaller, so they get more working chips per wafer (higher yields).

I wish some news for high end parts would come out -.-

Congrats to all the low end part purchases, I'm glad more deals are coming your way. & I like the competition stepping up to make nvidia and intel work a little more.

Heaven's Society - Like Anime? Check us Out Here!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just a quick question, how in the hell can AMD afford to offer more free things along with other products that they offer, oh just let me buy my 8350, 290x (Or 7990), Mmf, look at this mountain of free games that has befallen me.

Cpu: i5-2500k @4.8Ghz, MB: Asus Maximus V Formula, CPU cooler: Be quiet! Dark rock pro 2, GPU: Evga Gtx660 FTW@1.24ghz. Ram: Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1866Mhz, PSU: Be quiet! 730w Semi modular, SSD: Corsair force 3 240Gb, HDD: WD Green 1TB, Case: Nzxt H2 with 4 Corsair SP120's, Win7

They are making so much money on these top end product lines. Reducing the price  by introducing new product wouldn't make them anymore money because they are already the best out there. 

Posted on another thread.

Do you think adding a cooler like that would make it go from 95 c to ~75-80? idk if i've ever seen a reference to aftermarket cooler drop temps that much, but I've only been in the "tech-game" for awhile

Yes and no.

AMD's 290X is designed to run at 95C. If you don't believe me, then read all of the reviews that say so.

You all have to understand that when people were benchmarking this card, they let the card run at 95C and at 40% fan speed(silent) and 55% fan speed(Uber). The only person that I know of that has OC'd the 290X is Paul because he changed the fan speed. I guarantee you that if you slap a cooler on it and adjust the fan speed to a correct fan profile and not just 40% and 55%, then you'll be able to have a cool temperature and be able to OC the card.

im not saying it's not designed to run at 95c, just dont feel comfy doing that

Then change how PowerTune is setup.

I do not know why people still believe that a 95C card is bad. It's designed to go up to that temperature just like the Titan throttles itself to run at 80C.

Yeah Intel and Nvidia don't need to make better products because they are the "best" around, but I guarantee you that if they keep acting like this then they will be caught with their pants down, just like what just happened with the 290X launch and it's price point.

No hate on amd but since Intel (and Nvidia) owns 60%+ of the market they will have the money to pass AMD in igpu performance.

nvidia has 60 % but intel has almost 80 % of all CPUs of all the market. it beats AMD in everything. only AMDs top IGPU is faster than intels one but not very much. intels hd 5200 is very powerfull

Computer users fall into two groups:
those that do backups
those that have never had a hard drive fail.

No way dude, the reason I got a 7970 over the 770 when the 770 came out was the 4 free games I got with it. The cards were the same price. That is what I call value!

Old shit no one cares about but me.

RIGHT WHEN I BOUGHT A 8320 FOR MY ASSOCIATES

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

Expect giveaways from me then, i use quite a lot of 6400ks or 640k as the retarded box says.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Posted on another thread.

I do not know why people still believe that a 95C card is bad. It's designed to go up to that temperature just like the Titan throttles itself to run at 80C.

Yeah Intel and Nvidia don't need to make better products because they are the "best" around, but I guarantee you that if they keep acting like this then they will be caught with their pants down, just like what just happened with the 290X launch and it's price point.

If your card runs at 95 degrees then it is bad. Can the card handle it? Sure but it means you will barely have any overclocking headroom and hell, the card might even throttle itself if you live in a warm place. It also means it probably produces a ton of heat, which will heat up your other components which is not good. So by getting a hot GPU you might not be able to overclock your CPU as much for example. The fan is also extremely loud and annoying.

Please don't try to defend such ridiculous temps as 95 degrees with a stock cooler. The more you defend them the less chance that they will fix it with their next card. They really messed up by not making the cooler better.

In before people call me a fanboy, go and downrate my profile for having the audacity to not ignoring flaws with their new card and only saying good things about it... I was saying the same thing when the 480 was launched and Nvidia fixed power consumption and heat with the 5XX series so if enough people complain then hopefully AMD will do the same with the next generation. Saying that a card is not perfect is not the same as saying a card is bad by the way. I think the 290X is really good at 550 dollars, but only because of the price. If it was more expensive, like 700 dollars like it was rumored to be then I'd consider it a bad card. I am excited to see how the non-reference cards are.

About the marketshare of different companies. For what it's worth, the Steam hardware and software survey for September 2013 says:

GPUs:

Nvidia 52%

AMD 33%

Intel 15%

CPUs:

Intel 73%

AMD 26%

Seriously? I just bought a 8320 recently... Though the games are kind of meh so it doesn't phase me too much.

Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait Edition █ CPU: Intel i7-4790K █ GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 780Ti █ RAM: 8GB AVEXIR DDR3 1600  █ Storage: 120GB Kingston HyperX SSD + 1TB Seagate Barracuda HDD 

█ Monitor: 21.5" 1080p 60Hz  PSU: 700w █ Case: Fractal Define R4 █       ...LTT Dark Theme master race.

Project MiniConsole

Basically all budget builds are amd and I think we will start to see a lot of future builds being amd with all the partnerships they have with developers there optimizing for amd hardware I think amd are coming back really strong and it's quiet scary IMO.

That doesn't seem right. First of all, that's just shipment, not actual sales or what people use. Secondly, that doesn't seem to align correctly with other surveys such as the Steam Hardware and Software survey. Thirdly, that's just an estimation, while the survey I linked to are hard numbers (does not take your average Joe who doesn't play games into consideration though). Those results might be off because if you get an APU and then a dedicated AMD graphics card, you will give two sales points to AMD, and it will count as two people have AMD GPUs. That whole article seems fishy. I prefer more accurate numbers like the Steam Survey.

Basically all budget builds are amd and I think we will start to see a lot of future builds being amd with all the partnerships they have with developers there optimizing for amd hardware I think amd are coming back really strong and it's quiet scary IMO.

Why would that be scary? If anything that's good for everyone. Even if you're for some reason not a fan of AMD it will still be good to have more competition to push Intel and Nvidia more.

AMD also makes CPUs as well as APUs, so they don't only have money coming in from graphics cards. So yeah they probably do make more money than Nvidia.

Anyway most of AMDs R&D is going towards APU's at the moment... At least judging by the sheer amount of APU stuff they keep putting on their YouTube channel mentioning how APUs are the future and hUMA memory (yadda yadda, you get the picture). So while Intel on their own are making CPUs and Nvidia are just making GPUs... AMD are doing both. 

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15