AMD Never Settle Bundle Coming To CPUs & APUs.

Actually on a level playing field, I'd say Nvidia is pretty much owning AMD. AMD made up some ground, but not really that much. Now see your chart considers factors that Nvidia doesn't have. Level playing field we see the real hard numbers. 

Capture.PNG

http://jonpeddie.com/publications/add-in-board-report/

Edit: But reading from your article we find something disturbing for AMD that is never mentioned. "Year-to-year this quarter AMD overall PC shipments declined 15.8%, Intel dropped 12.9%, Nvidia declined 5.1%, and VIA fell 12.4% from last year."

Edit Edit: I'll give you an example of why discrete to discrete is a better indicator. Say there are two Car Companies, we shall call them X and Y. Company X sells ONLY sports cars, and Company Y sells a whole range of cars. This relates to the IGP in processors that AMD sells, which Nvidia does not sell. Now say Company Y sells 20,000 cars total and only 100 are sports cars. Now Company X sells 5,000 sports cars. Well, your math says Y is leading the market in sports cars because its factoring in total sales. But in reality, Company X sold more and holds more of a share on Sports Cars.

Edited by afa7336

That doesn't seem right. First of all, that's just shipment, not actual sales or what people use. Secondly, that doesn't seem to align correctly with other surveys such as the Steam Hardware and Software survey. Thirdly, that's just an estimation, while the survey I linked to are hard numbers (does not take your average Joe who doesn't play games into consideration though). Those results might be off because if you get an APU and then a dedicated AMD graphics card, you will give two sales points to AMD, and it will count as two people have AMD GPUs. That whole article seems fishy. I prefer more accurate numbers like the Steam Survey.

The figures are true, they also include integrated GPU's hence why intel has the lead, with AMD taking second. It is the x86 market only so does not show nvidia's ARM sales.

These figures are better then steam hardware survey simply due to the fact that most of the money comes from the budget and performance segments.

Now say Company Y sells 20,000 cars total and only 100 are sports cars. Now Company X sells 5,000 sports cars. Well, your math says Y is leading the market in sports cars because its factoring in total sales. But in reality, Company X sold more and holds more of a share on Sports Cars.

My maths does not show that, my maths shows that company Y only sold 100 sports cars. but I get what your getting at.

I'm guessing Amazon isn't honoring this promotion. Bought a A8-6600K on 10/25 and didn't come with any games.

Air 540, MSI Z97 Gaming 7, 4770K, SLI EVGA 980Ti, 16GB Vengeance Pro 2133, HX1050, H105840 EVO 500, 850 Pro 512, WD Black 1TB, HyperX 3K 120, SMSNG u28e590d, K70 Blues, M65 RGB.          Son's PC: A10 7850k, MSI A88X gaming, MSI gaming R9 270X, Air 240, H55, 8GB Vengeance pro 2400, CX430, Asus VG278HE, K60 Reds, M65 RGB                                                                                       Daughter's PC: i5-4430, MSI z87 gaming AC, GTX970 gaming 4G, pink air 240, fury 1866 8gb, CX600, SMSNG un55HU8550, CMstorm greens, Deathadder 2013

Wow pretty nice that AMD is including games for their parts. They are giving it away like its free for them. :D

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

It's nice to get free games and all, but I do hate how companies (AMD especially) are having to resort to giving extra stuff away to sell their products and the products themselves are not enough. Oh well, anything to get AMD's market share up is good at the moment.