Rainbow Six Siege is beating Infinite Warfare on PC

SlipperyPete

it was recently reported that the first week sales figures for Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare were down by 48.4% in the UK when compared to the launch of 2015’s Black Ops 3

Steam Store stats, Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare‘s peak simultaneous players so far today on the PC gaming service has maxed out at 11,000, leaving the title trailing behind Rainbow Six Siege and the bank-heist shooter Payday 2Rainbow Six Siege currently topped out at 12,000 peak concurrent players today, while there have been 15,500 fans playing Payday 2 at its peak today.

I think its very interesting that a game like Rainbow Six Siege which has a smallish pc community and a almost four year old heist game are beating out the "most anticipated call of duty ever"

Very cool to see a solid shift in PC fps popularity away from COD and it shows that people are willing to accept different games in COD's place.

https://gamerant.com/infinite-warfare-low-steam-player-numbers/

Main Rig | Personal Build | Windows 10 | R7 2700x 3.7~4.3ghz | ASUS ROG Strix B450-I | 16gb DDR4 3200mhz | GTX 1080 FE | Coolermaster Elite 130 | Corsair H60 | WD Blue SN500 500GB NVMe SSD + 1tb WD Green HDD + 1tb WD Blue HDD

Laptop | HP m6-w102dx | Windows 10 | i7-5500u 2.4~3.0ghz | 8gb DDR3L | GT 930m 2gb| 120gb Sandisk SSD

Phone | Pixel 3 | Verizon | 64gb

I think that COD got worse after COD 4. every one after COD 4 I played less and less of, The games feel old to me.

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

I did not anticipate the game at all, right after that trailer with most dislikes on YT

People are finally getting tired of CoD. None too soon if you ask me. It's a series that puts no effort in its installments, using a 17 year old engine and spitting out 4h campaigns that can't wait more than 5 minutes between a scripted event and the next for fear the player will realize how desperately linear and quasi-on rails the gameplay is. As for the multiplayer, it has been pretty much the same reskinned campfest since its inception. Oh wait, now you can jump twice... but the shooting is identical and so is the poor map design.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

4 minutes ago, Sauron said:

People are finally getting tired of CoD. None too soon if you ask me. It's a series that puts no effort in its installments, using a 17 year old engine and spitting out 4h campaigns that can't wait more than 5 minutes between a scripted event and the next for fear the player will realize how desperately linear and quasi-on rails the gameplay is. As for the multiplayer, it has been pretty much the same reskinned campfest since its inception. Oh wait, now you can jump twice... but the shooting is identical and so is the poor map design.

It's a bit unfair to say that CoD still runs on id Tech 3 or whatever it does. The engine was extensively rewritten with Advanced Warfare, with very little remaining from that engine.

That being said, everything else is basically accurate.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

Not hard to tell that everyone has gotten sick of the same shit different skin game that they release pretty much every year.

I lost interest in COD a games after the second BO, it was a pretty sad sequel IMO. Now if I ever buy a COD game it's going to be for zombies because they add some new things that are interesting each game, though I'm not a fan of them bringing back old maps over and over again, we may have loved those maps but now they're just boring because we've played them so much.

36 minutes ago, SlipperyPete said:

I think its very interesting that a game like Rainbow Six Siege which has a smallish pc community and a almost four year old heist game are beating out the "most anticipated call of duty ever"

Very cool to see a solid shift in PC fps popularity away from COD and it shows that people are willing to accept different games in COD's place.

https://gamerant.com/infinite-warfare-low-steam-player-numbers/

doesnt surprise me. R6S is about to get a new DLC (free), with two new operators (can be unlocked win ingame credits and real money). R6S is actually going pretty damn strong, mostly because the game is sort of unique in its destruction, tactics and actual play.

32 minutes ago, Sauron said:

On PC. On console tough, completely different story, and frankly, i don't understand how they're not tired of it too

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

I hear CoD IW singleplayer is amazing though. I'm aware many may be tired the futuristic setting for multiplayer but I think it's different with all space take on it and not some added number to another yearly addition that would feel like larger patch. As far as R6S it's a really nice and fun game.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

4 hours ago, Sauron said:

As for the multiplayer, it has been pretty much the same reskinned campfest since its inception.

I wish it was a campfest, its even worse! It seems to promote random and reckless gameplay and punishes any form of careful or calculated plays unlike what the series Battlefield does in some of its mods. It's always CQ encounters.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

The Call of Duty community on PC is dying. People play this game on console now. I also find ridiculous to compare the number of players from other games to CoD. I'm not a butthurt or a fanboy that defends Call of Duty, but seriously, stop it.

26 minutes ago, Fourmi Kill3r said:

The Call of Duty community on PC is dying. People play this game on console now. I also find ridiculous to compare the number of players from other games to CoD. I'm not a butthurt or a fanboy that defends Call of Duty, but seriously, stop it.

i do agree that it is dying but i feel like this is a large~ish step which is why i made a post about it. I understand that you may not be interested in reading about it but you can always just not read the post. Some other people are clearly interested and it has started a few nice conversations. 

Main Rig | Personal Build | Windows 10 | R7 2700x 3.7~4.3ghz | ASUS ROG Strix B450-I | 16gb DDR4 3200mhz | GTX 1080 FE | Coolermaster Elite 130 | Corsair H60 | WD Blue SN500 500GB NVMe SSD + 1tb WD Green HDD + 1tb WD Blue HDD

Laptop | HP m6-w102dx | Windows 10 | i7-5500u 2.4~3.0ghz | 8gb DDR3L | GT 930m 2gb| 120gb Sandisk SSD

Phone | Pixel 3 | Verizon | 64gb

6 hours ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

It's a bit unfair to say that CoD still runs on id Tech 3 or whatever it does. The engine was extensively rewritten with Advanced Warfare, with very little remaining from that engine.

That being said, everything else is basically accurate.

I can still see the gnarly texture work and poor lighting, in the end all it would take for a significant improvement would be licensing Unreal or something. But nooo, can't reskin the last game if we have to use a new engine! I have no doubt it has been changed since quake 3, but it all feels more like they've been pouring glitter on it rather than actually making something better from scratch. AW also came out quite a few years ago at this point, even if the engine was new back then it would be old by now.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

6 hours ago, suicidalfranco said:

On PC. On console tough, completely different story, and frankly, i don't understand how they're not tired of it too

Different audience I assume. When you power up a ps4 from your couch you aren't looking to play chess usually.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

1 minute ago, Sauron said:

I can still see the gnarly texture work and poor lighting, in the end all it would take for a significant improvement would be licensing Unreal or something. But nooo, can't reskin the last game if we have to use a new engine! I have no doubt it has been changed since quake 3, but it all feels more like they've been pouring glitter on it rather than actually making something better from scratch. AW also came out quite a few years ago at this point, even if the engine was new back then it would be old by now.

Frostbite 3 made its debut in 2013, while the AW engine debuted in 2014. That's not exactly a great argument.

Honestly though, it would be real nice to see the devs throw the current engine out in favor of something from scratch. It should be looked at like the Source engine, except for what it's worth, Titanfall 2 came a fuck of a long way from the way Counter-Strike: Global Offensive looks.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

Just now, Dan Castellaneta said:

Frostbite 3 made its debut in 2013, while the AW engine debuted in 2014. That's not exactly a great argument.

Honestly though, it would be real nice to see the devs throw the current engine out in favor of something from scratch. It should be looked at like the Source engine, except for what it's worth, Titanfall 2 came a fuck of a long way from the way Counter-Strike: Global Offensive looks.

Never mind, I was thinking of modern warfare.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

7 hours ago, SlipperyPete said:

it was recently reported that the first week sales figures for Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare were down by 48.4% in the UK when compared to the launch of 2015’s Black Ops 3

Wow, people voting with their wallets. That's a refreshing sight.

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

11 minutes ago, Sauron said:

Different audience I assume. When you power up a ps4 from your couch you aren't looking to play chess usually.

speak for yourself, my most played game on the ps3 next to duel of the planeswalker and hustle kings anf the closest thing to the best scene in the philosopher stone 

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

22 minutes ago, suicidalfranco said:

speak for yourself, my most played game on the ps3 next to duel of the planeswalker and hustle kings anf the closest thing to the best scene in the philosopher stone 

Fair enough, but I'd say you're the exception rather than the rule xD

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Call of Money: Recycled Warfare needs to go die in a fire.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

1 minute ago, Sauron said:

Fair enough, but I'd say you're the exception rather than the rule xD

my only regret was not getting eye of judgement, it died off so fast didn't even get the chance to see the booster packs when i finally came back to italy for summer vacations