Water Cooling a PS4

2 minutes ago, Abyssal Radon said:

That is cool, but overpriced. I would probably do some modding to my Xbox One and water cool it with a H80i. Yet it wouldn't look as elegant as that product. At least in theory the noise levels of the system would go down drastically. 

just remember like half the budget went to that SSD.

Making it passively cooled would have been more worthwhile.

That way you'd have a silent PS4 that performs the same instead of a near-silent one.

Keep this Frankenconsole for those in the more money than brains club. You DO realize what $3000 in PC performance will buy right??? And if you do have to resort to prototyping, please put some more time and planning into the design - a one box solution with the tubing concealed nicely inside would have looked a LOT more elegant.

23 minutes ago, Bouzoo said:

And this is how you get qualified to work at LMG

eXheiMQ.gif

i was like oh shit there goes the PS4 board

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

Water cooling a PS4 and spends 3K

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

22 minutes ago, Wishiwasdead said:

OMG my ADHD just hit an all time high...

Well since you don't seem to understand what ADHD is, I REALLY doubt you have ADHD or OCD (which is what would drive you crazy)

X-10 - 7980XE - Gigabyte Aorous Gaming 9 - 128GB GSkill TridentZ RGB - SLI Asus GTX 1080 TI Strix
Easy Desk GuideMalware Removal Guide - New mobo, Same OS Guide

8 hours ago, dragoon20005 said:

Water cooling a PS4 and spends 3K

People seem to forget that the SSD alone is >$2,000, which leaves a grand on water cooling. 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

8 hours ago, ttam said:

Well since you don't seem to understand what ADHD is, I REALLY doubt you have ADHD or OCD (which is what would drive you crazy)

This comment took me like 5 minutes to type because my mind kept wandering. I can also tell you that I have deleted about 120 letters because I keep forgetting wtf we're talking about. I have ADHD. You are correct, he does not suffer from ADHD. I took Ritalin as a child. People without ADHD cannot make up the fact that it would take them 10 minutes to type up this comment. Because it has officially taken me 10 minutes. Thanks. That's all.

3 minutes ago, Bouzoo said:

People seem to forget that the SSD alone is >$2,000, which leaves a grand on water cooling. 

Before or after tax?

3 minutes ago, CaptainSav916 said:

Before or after tax?

Depends on where you're buying, international etc. I see they can be found for $1,500 now, depending on where you look as well.

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

8 minutes ago, Bouzoo said:

i was seeing it as a whole

no one will in the right mind spends 3K to "Upgrade your PS4"

Right off the bat i will prob spend that amount on PS4 Pro and the Xbox One S and still have cash for a decent PC setup

1 hour ago, dragoon20005 said:

i was seeing it as a whole

no one will in the right mind spends 3K to "Upgrade your PS4"

Right off the bat i will prob spend that amount on PS4 Pro and the Xbox One S and still have cash for a decent PC setup

I'm pretty sure this modding was for shits and giggles.

1 hour ago, CaptainSav916 said:

This comment took me like 5 minutes to type because my mind kept wandering. I can also tell you that I have deleted about 120 letters because I keep forgetting wtf we're talking about. I have ADHD. You are correct, he does not suffer from ADHD. I took Ritalin as a child. People without ADHD cannot make up the fact that it would take them 10 minutes to type up this comment. Because it has officially taken me 10 minutes. Thanks. That's all.

I know tons of people with ADHD on here that dont take that long

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Those who know much are aware that they know little. - Slick roasting me

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

Offical first poster LTT V2.0

youtube (running on chrome) gave me a "contains payd promotion" popup text in the corner , neat  

edit: linus drops a phone before the LTT intro rolls , a new record? 

RyzenAir : AMD R5 3600 | AsRock AB350M Pro4 | 32gb Aegis DDR4 3000 | GTX 1070 FE | Fractal Design Node 804
RyzenITX : Ryzen 7 1700 | GA-AB350N-Gaming WIFI | 16gb DDR4 2666 | GTX 1060 | Cougar QBX 

PSU Tier list

22 hours ago, Abyssal Radon said:

True, but an Xbox One uses Sata 2 interface, not sure about a PS4. So an SSD in a Xbox One would be silly. 

*ahem*

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

23 hours ago, Abyssal Radon said:

True, but an Xbox One uses Sata 2 interface, not sure about a PS4. So an SSD in a Xbox One would be silly. 

an ssd with sata 2 is still way faster than a laptop hdd...........

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

• 3 weeks later...

Hey LTT

I installed the cheapest 240 mm AIO watercooler I could find. And I got it to work, mostly.

Due to the ports of the PS4, I had to place the radiator on the left side, which is now the front side on my home made enclosure. 

I've put heatsinks on the RAMs. Ive put the radiator and fans as intake. And the rear of the box is uncovered ATM. 

But my power supply gets really hot. How do you keep the power supply cool, now that you don't have any fans to cool it down?