NVIDIA working on Second Shield

Youbetternot

NVIDIA is working on a second shield and why G-sync is a big deal. The first Shield I believe did not sell well. Better not be a repost I google search this

nvidint.jpg

At least according to NVIDIA CEO Jen-Hsun Huang.

NVIDIA employees filled Montreal Marriott's Salle de Bal 1,000-person capacity basement ballroom late last week, where Huang announced a hat-trick of major news for the company -- GamestreamG-Sync, and the new GTX 780 Ti GPU -- to raucous applause. The highlight of the three, and the one that Huang emphasized by flying in a trio of game industry legends, is G-Sync. The module will arrive built into gaming monitors starting early next year, and it aims to solve the issues of tearing, stutter, and lag.

Source and interview: http://www.engadget.com/2013/10/21/nvidia-ceo-jen-hsun-huang-interview-october-2013/

# -_-     [Planned RIg AKA Project ARES    -_-#

| AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core | Be Quiet DARK ROCK 2 57.9 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing | Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z  |G.Skill Ripjaws X 8GB Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM |Samsung 840 Series 250GB 2.5" SSD | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB  |Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower|Gelid Solutions Silent 14 PWM 74.5 CFM 140mm x3 |Corsair RM Series 750 Watt ATX/EPS 80PLUS Gold-Certified Power Supply|

|Rosewill RNX-N250PCe | Windows 8  | Acer H236HLbid 23.0" |Corsair Vengeance K70 
Corsair Vengeance M65 Wired Laser | STEELSERIES QCK Black|Sennheiser HD 558Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer         

They even didnt released it for european market and they are making second one...

They are "Working on it" 

| AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core | Be Quiet DARK ROCK 2 57.9 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing | Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z  |G.Skill Ripjaws X 8GB Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM |Samsung 840 Series 250GB 2.5" SSD | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB  |Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower|Gelid Solutions Silent 14 PWM 74.5 CFM 140mm x3 |Corsair RM Series 750 Watt ATX/EPS 80PLUS Gold-Certified Power Supply|

|Rosewill RNX-N250PCe | Windows 8  | Acer H236HLbid 23.0" |Corsair Vengeance K70 
Corsair Vengeance M65 Wired Laser | STEELSERIES QCK Black|Sennheiser HD 558Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer         

A bit early?

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla

They are "Working on it" 

Same sh*t. First one didnt hit the european market and they plan to make another. That is a FAIL from nvidia they getting way to much money hungry, but stay in NA...

<p>Eryi's Action Rule#2 - "Dont jump on the green mushroom"

Ministry of StopIt!

Kinda early for a product that kinda failed. Good idea, bad time.

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

Did we ever figure out if the G-Sync monitors will work with anything other than the newest Nvidia GPU's?... I can see argument for it not and it working with all GPU's

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

Same sh*t. First one didnt hit the european market and they plan to make another. That is a FAIL from nvidia they getting way to much money hungry, but stay in NA...

They Thirsty what you want me to say. AMD making them sweat and nervous and scared

AMD making them swear and scared

Add to it that all they make are worldwide and not set to one region. Have to say it, but right now AMD (in GPU market) is ahead with innovations...

<p>Eryi's Action Rule#2 - "Dont jump on the green mushroom"

Ministry of StopIt!

A bit early?

not really it might take them 12 months to get the new one in a state ready to release. then testing etc. im sure they want to make use of their tegra 5 or maybe 6 by the time it comes out

Processor: Intel core i7 930 @3.6  Mobo: Asus P6TSE  GPU: EVGA GTX 680 SC  RAM:12 GB G-skill Ripjaws 2133@1333  SSD: Intel 335 240gb  HDD: Seagate 500gb

Monitors: 2x Samsung 245B  Keyboard: Blackwidow Ultimate   Mouse: Zowie EC1 Evo   Mousepad: Goliathus Alpha  Headphones: MMX300  Case: Antec DF-85

If the pricks bring it to the U.k, I'm more than willing to pick one up and stream from my 660 downstairs so I can spend more time with people. 

Cpu: i5-2500k @4.8Ghz, MB: Asus Maximus V Formula, CPU cooler: Be quiet! Dark rock pro 2, GPU: Evga Gtx660 FTW@1.24ghz. Ram: Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1866Mhz, PSU: Be quiet! 730w Semi modular, SSD: Corsair force 3 240Gb, HDD: WD Green 1TB, Case: Nzxt H2 with 4 Corsair SP120's, Win7

With all the excitement of Nvidia Shield and Linus pushing it and him thinking it was a good thing I just could not believe this thing would succeed and it hasn't. They are already trying to give people ways to buy it at a reduced price now.  While it is something that could be handy to some to have around the house it would be a total frill purchase and thus the asking price was too much for many to swallow.  I can't imagine what Nvidia is going to do with a second version of this gadget that would make people want to buy it.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

It will get updated as the new Tegra's come out. Only makes sense... I really want a Shield. For me I think it would be a great device though it all depends on the developers making it work with streaming. I'd love to play HumbleBundle platforms on it away from my desk... 

With all the excitement of Nvidia Shield and Linus pushing it and him thinking it was a good thing I just could not believe this thing would succeed and it hasn't. They are already trying to give people ways to buy it at a reduced price now. While it is something that could be handy to some to have around the house it would be a total frill purchase and thus the asking price was too much for many to swallow. I can't imagine what Nvidia is going to do with a second version of this gadget that would make people want to buy it.

The price was too high for the hardware and what it was so this price reduction via buying one of their gpus is not un expected. The device was never more than a frill purchase, did anything make you think it was? 2nd version maybe actually 2 veraions 1 sameish price more powerfull that can do more things 2 a cheap one that all it does it game streaming nothing else

They even didnt released it for european market and they are making second one...

Don't forget India too never saw the Shield. :unsure:  I made my younger sibling wait for almost 6 months until I saw screw it and allowed him to go for something else...

PC in Profile

If the pricks bring it to the U.k, I'm more than willing to pick one up and stream from my 660 downstairs so I can spend more time with people.

Just keep in mind you can't use the PC (with your 660 inside) for anything else while streaming to your Shield. Its completely unusable while streaming... Does that matter in your situation? Coz its a big drawback for me at my house.

GamingPC: Intel 4770k CPU, 2xMSI 780 GTX Twin Frozr, 16 GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, Swiftech H220 CPU Cooler.

Cookie Cutter Build log

Just keep in mind you can't use the PC (with your 660 inside) for anything else while streaming to your Shield. Its completely unusable while streaming... Does that matter in your situation? Coz its a big drawback for me at my house.

I made a ghetto shield mate.. Out of my Nexus 7, Gta san, and splashtop to test how a shield would be like, with some shitty aftermarket PS3 controller. I'm perfectly fine with it as I would be downstairs. :L

Cpu: i5-2500k @4.8Ghz, MB: Asus Maximus V Formula, CPU cooler: Be quiet! Dark rock pro 2, GPU: Evga Gtx660 FTW@1.24ghz. Ram: Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1866Mhz, PSU: Be quiet! 730w Semi modular, SSD: Corsair force 3 240Gb, HDD: WD Green 1TB, Case: Nzxt H2 with 4 Corsair SP120's, Win7

The UK guys would like that shield. I know at least 50 people that wish they could get their hands on one.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

I will be picking up a Shield in a couple weeks when I buy my 780.  I think it's a great device!

| Currently no gaming rig | Dell XPS 13 (9343) |

| Samsung Galaxy Note5 | Gear VR | Nvidia Shield Tab | Xbox One |

The UK guys would like that shield. I know at least 50 people that wish they could get their hands on one.

To be honest mate, I was tempted to get one shipped from the US over here.

its probably a refresh that upgrades to tegra 5 and the shitty d-pad

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

i would get one if it was avalible in the uk

My PC specs are CPU: 6700k @4.7Ghz Ram: 16GB Corsair RGB Pro GPU: RTX 2070  PSU: RM650 CPU cooler: corsair H150 Case: corsair Motherboard: ASUS Z270 Pro SSD: 1tb Samsung 970 EVOand SK Hynix 1TB

I'm not really surprised, it's not uncommon for companies to start work on the next generation of a product even BEFORE the current generation is released. As for whether the Shield was a failure... Well, it could be considered an "experiment" more than an actual product, but even if it failed I don't really see it as a problem of not being good enough so much as it's too pricey for what people would pay for the niche it fills. I'm guessing the game streaming doesn't take up a ton of processor power, so they could downgrade that to save money without much impact on that portion as long as people don't mind lower performance with regular Android games.

Either way, I'm probably not getting one. I like my PS Vita, and although it can't stream to my PC it WILL (if I've heard the truth) stream most if not all PS4 titles, probably any PS3 title on Gaikai, and already can emulate PS1, PS2 an PSP games, plus a growing library of legitimately good exclusive titles.

A little early? Hope it has 1080p screen and less of a bezel. I know the first sheild didnt sell well but its a really neat idea

Paintball meet up KD 7(8?)/1 + one capture 

dat duckface doe 

The first shield is only now just recently available at retailers, a little early to call it a failure?

I have one and its awesome. It's laying huge groundwork for everyone future, which is what it was meant to do. in that rrespective a huge success. Plus it's a good unit as well, I use mine instead of my tablet.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers