Samsung Desktop PC - Art PC PULSE - Trashcan deisgn with a speaker

GoodBytes

Samsung unveils its new desktop PC named: ArtPC.

The system looks like an Apple Mac Pro, but non-glossy, and has a fancy looking speaker integrated to it.

artpc-wtf.jpg?itok=m3O2hOsM

The system is although less powerful, featuring a 6th gen (Skylake) Core i5 or i7 option (no detail on CPU model or speed), AMD RX 460 GPU, and 8GB or 16GB of RAM option. As for storage, it does feature Samsung new 256GB NVMe PCie SSD module and an additional 1TB HDD for the i7 model. The system includes an omnidirectional speaker branded as Harman/Kardon

As for ports, as you can see from the image above, HDMI, 4x USB 3.0, 1x USB Type-C, SD  card reader and Ethernet jack.

Samsung has produced a mid-tier desktop, erm, 'box' that combines a Skylake Intel Core i5 or i7 processor with an AMD RX 460 GPU and 8GB or 16GB of DDR4 RAM. It's not for the hardcore gamers, more being targeted at creatives who want a little extra graphics power for crunching high-resolution photos and videos.

Samsung will offer a 1TB HDD module, but stock storage is a 256GB NVMe SSD. And we know how good Samsung SSDs are. You've got HDMI, USB, USB-C, SD and Ethernet, none of which come as a surprise on a 2016 desktop PC.

Samsung has yet to do an official announcement, but it is available for pre-order on Amazon.com:

The i5 model costs $1,199.99 US: https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Electronics-DP700C6A-X01US-Premium-Desktop/dp/B01LZSFEJ3/ref=sr_1_2?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1476119926&sr=1-2&keywords=Samsung+ArtPC

The i7 model costs $1,599.99 US: https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Electronics-DP700C6A-A01US-Desktop-Speaker/dp/B01M0FRVYN/ref=sr_1_1?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1476119926&sr=1-1&keywords=Samsung+ArtPC

The system will be released on October 28, 2016

Source: http://www.windowscentral.com/artpc-samsung-isnt-your-average-looking-desktop

It is nice to see that Samsung is joining Microsoft, Apple, Dell (for the XPS line) and Razer in providing precision cutouts of ports so you don't see the big ugly metal case and issue that case manufacturers, including premium ones, cares to fix. Maybe reviewers should stop worrying on fitting their 6 fan rad in every single position possible for a CPU that barely heats up, and focus on attention of details might help. Anyways, on topic:

The Mac Pro design isn't a good one, Samsung could have at least improved upon it. Adding a speaker and a light is not good enough.

[Update 10/10/2016]
CPU model revealed by AnandTech:

Capture2.PNG

Source:  http://www.anandtech.com/show/10744/samsung-artpc-cylindrical-pc-with-360-audio-i5-i7-plus-nvme-preorders-from-1200

inb4 msi vortex

Image result for msi vortex

Why does everyone have to make a cylindrical case/pc? Are they trying to make it fit in with the garbage bin?

that doesnt look like a mac pro.

THAT IS A FRIKKIN MAC PRO WITH A SLOT CUT INTO THE SIDE.

EDIT: how many billions for this lawsuit, place your bets now:

f083b8c594.jpg

IMO, best looking cylinder PC yet :P 

If the price was a little lower then I can see it being a decent PC to buy but holy ****, $1.2K for an i5 and RX460? How about no? Think I'll stick with my secondary 1060 6GB and i5 6400 for like $700-750 mITX machine :P 

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

Actually , its looks pretty decent though for what it is. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder ,and i hold this as beautiful.

Edit: Look , a ''rare'' and ''obliterate'' port witch apple doesn't use any more named the headphone jack within the device, Such a innovative thing to put.

(⌐■_■) 

I initially thought that was the back of the case with all I/O .. I was wrong! that's the front!!!!!!! :|

why is there the power plug and ethernet port on the front of the case?!

1 minute ago, zMeul said:

I initially thought that was the back of the case with all I/O .. I was wrong! that's the front!!!!!!! :|

why is there the power plug and ethernet port on the front of the case?!

because just like apple's iCan it's the back ;)

Just now, zMeul said:

why is there the power plug on the front of the case?!

If apple can get away with removing the headphone jack , why cant u let samsung has his way?

#Discrimination 

(⌐■_■) 

Just now, zMeul said:

why is there the power plug on the front of the case?!

The back looks like the front, but it is the back.

This is the front:

81PC5lMUmfL._SL1500_.jpg

6 minutes ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

IMO, best looking cylinder PC yet :P 

If the price was a little lower then I can see it being a decent PC to buy but holy ****, $1.2K for an i5 and RX460? How about no? Think I'll stick with my secondary 1060 6GB and i5 6400 for like $700-750 mITX machine :P 

I would get a cheap garbage can and put stuff in it

Just now, manikyath said:

because just like apple's iCan it's the back ;)

if that's the back, why is the power button, the USB ports, SD card reader and headphone jack on the back?!

hold on, are garbage cans supposed to be cheap anyway?

Just now, zMeul said:

if that's the back, why is the power button, the USB ports, SD card reader and headphone jack on the back?!

because apple has everything on the back, so samsung does too.

1 minute ago, manikyath said:

2013-mac-pro-hackintosh-trashcan.jpg

someone's ahead of you.

someone doesn't understand the word cheap

1 minute ago, zMeul said:

but why would you plug the power cord in the front

Just now, manikyath said:

because apple has everything on the back, so samsung does too.

if Apple got retarded, Samsung had to copy it!?

now I understand why their phone explode xD

Yes.. let's put the power button on the same side as non-essential ports. For something that was designed to be artistic it's pretty poorly designed.

2 minutes ago, dexxterlab97 said:

but why would you plug the power cord in the front

why would you have the SD card, power button, BT button  and headphone jack on the back!?

and the logos