0:58 Vid Linus really, cant wait for WAN

Canada EH

I was just thinking LMG "should" rotate the vids in the forum on the right hand side more often!!!!

2 minutes ago, Canada EH said:

I was just thinking LMG "should" rotate the vids in the forum on the right hand side more often!!!!

The videos shown there are just the most current ones uploaded on each channel. 

******If you paste in text into your post, please click the "remove formatting" button for night theme users.******

CPU- Intel 6700k OC to 4.69 Ghz GPU- NVidia Geforce GTX 970 (MSI) RAM- 16gb DDR4 2400 SSD-2x500gb samsung 850 EVO(SATA) Raid 0 HDD- 2tb Seagate Case- H440 Red w/ custom lighting Motherboard - MSI Z170 Gaming A OS- Windows 10 Mouse- Razer Naga Epic Chroma, Final Mouse 2016 turney proKeyboard- Corsair k70 Cherry MX brown

Just now, bgibbz said:

The videos shown there are just the most current ones uploaded on each channel. 

Yeah I know the routine, but maybe they would get higher vid numbers if they start pushing their old content.

1 minute ago, Canada EH said:

Yeah I know the routine, but maybe they would get higher vid numbers if they start pushing their old content.

Yeah, I think t could be cool to advertise 3 more random videos as a kind of "feutured" set. There is lot of golden content on there channel that much of there newer followers have never seen, like the whole room water cooling project and such. 

******If you paste in text into your post, please click the "remove formatting" button for night theme users.******

CPU- Intel 6700k OC to 4.69 Ghz GPU- NVidia Geforce GTX 970 (MSI) RAM- 16gb DDR4 2400 SSD-2x500gb samsung 850 EVO(SATA) Raid 0 HDD- 2tb Seagate Case- H440 Red w/ custom lighting Motherboard - MSI Z170 Gaming A OS- Windows 10 Mouse- Razer Naga Epic Chroma, Final Mouse 2016 turney proKeyboard- Corsair k70 Cherry MX brown

Maybe have a theme going.

And instead of having the picture title just the title text, then they could push more vids. Get more vids watched, turns into Mo Cash Money Honey so Linus can buy a better car then the pink thing.

I want to see Linus tear the car up in a crash up derby, remote control style.

5 minutes ago, Canada EH said:

And instead of having the picture title just the title text, then they could push more vids. Get more vids watched, turns into Mo Cash Money Honey so Linus can buy a better car then the pink thing.

Better car than the pink one ?!

thats a Lamborghini, custom modded by Nicky v customs!

2 hours ago, Canada EH said:

He already owns a Honda Civic and a Suzuki SX7. 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

Having them on forum would yield really few new views on older videos. Most of forumers watch and have watched all LTT content. Having older videos as highlights in YT or maybe as weekly oldie on LMGs social media channels would be imo much better.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

9 hours ago, wrathoftheturkey said:

LEGENDS SAY YOU WILL BE BLESSED WITH SOCKS WITH SANDALS FOR LIFE

That doesn't sound like a blessing at all. 

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

There are changes planned to make sure that the latest video is always displayed there (because the YouTube API makes that harder than it should be and shows the videos in an order that is similar but not the same as the published or uploaded date.

Removing the WAN live videos is something that we could consider doing, but it's not on the immediate roadmap (and things on the immediate roadmap are still months out because of time constraints).

HTTP/2 203

What could be stimulating for viewers, and good for LTT video views, is to reduce the size of the videos in the video pane by half (which I think can be done while still having them be easily legible, at least on desktop), and then have the 4 most recent video released listed in order, in sort of like a 4-panel window-pane (actually capitalized Window before correcting it) presentation, and then have a break beneath that group of most recent videos, and then have another 4-panel window-pane presentation of videos, which display a random 4 back-catalog videos selected from a filtered list that LTT puts together. 2 of those random videos could be based upon tags of threads which the logged-in user has viewed on LTT forums, and the other 2 could be completely random from the back-calaog list.

Without knowing how monetarily important video views are to LTT, I'd presume a setup similar to that to be of positive service to both LTT and forum viewers.

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

Skip the picture in the vid, just list the name of the vid. Have 1 for each channel then a random one.

I was just now thinking Linus should do an UnRAID vid, give us a tour of how his house is setup. Then spout of some diagnostics and do some upgrades. Would be a great tax write off, but the flow of free crap is good enough I bet.