Sorry, Verizon customers, no unlimited data for you

captain_to_fire

"At the end of the day, people don't need unlimited plans," Verizon CFO Fran Shammo says.

For Verizon, that remains the biggest argument against unlimited. "You cannot make money on an unlimited video world," he said.

Shammo slammed the asterisk in its competitors' way of doing business, noting that with Verizon's plans, you can tether other devices to your phone and enjoy high-speed data without artificial throttling. The newly introduced T-Mobile One plan requires an extra charge for high-resolution video and the ability to tether at high speeds. (You're only able to tether at 512 kilobits per second, far slower than the standard 4G connection.)

https://www.cnet.com/news/sorry-verizon-customers-no-unlimited-data-for-you/

Screenshot (28).png

Screenshot (29).png

Screenshot (31).png

Screenshot (34).png

Screenshot (35).png

Edited by hey_yo_
Screenshots of tests done on US wireless carriers in order: 1. Speedtest 2. OpenSignal 3. PC World 4&5. RootMetrics

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

Is Sprint any good?

✨PC Specs✨

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X | MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus | 16GB Team T-Force 3400MHz | Zotac GTX 1080 AMP EXTREME

BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | NZXT 750W | Phanteks Eclipse P400A

Extras: ASUS Zephyrus G14 (2021) | OnePlus 7 Pro | Fully restored Robosapien V2, Omnibot 2000, Omnibot 5402

^^^

US of A

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

1 minute ago, ShadowTechXTS said:

Is Sprint any good?

Speedwise, according to the chart, no. But their signals and coverage are pretty good.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

2 minutes ago, ShadowTechXTS said:

Is Sprint any good?

No.  Neither is T-Mobile=.  Being on Verizon... it's a necessary evil out here... Damn I miss AT&T

Currently focusing on my video game collection.

It doesn't matter what you play games on, just play good games you enjoy.

1 minute ago, kaiju_wars said:

No.  Neither is T-Mobile=.  Being on Verizon... it's a necessary evil out here... Damn I miss AT&T

no, tmobile is good. very good.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Just now, terrytek said:

no, tmobile is good. very good.

From my experience, no they aren't.  Only good thing about them is their unlimited data plan.. Quite frankly, I think a lot of people let that cloud their judgement to think the actual service itself is good.

Just now, kaiju_wars said:

From my experience, no they aren't.  Only good thing about them is their unlimited data plan.. Quite frankly, I think a lot of people let that cloud their judgement to think the actual service itself is good.

well, it's probably where you just live, north dakota, where i doubt there's a lot of 4g lte coverage. i live in california, where it's 4g lte heaven, and every service is very good around here, except in like small towns.

1 minute ago, terrytek said:

well, it's probably where you just live, north dakota, where i doubt there's a lot of 4g lte coverage. i live in california, where it's 4g lte heaven, and every service is very good around here, except in like small towns.

They don't work at all in North Dakota.

But I had them when I lived Dallas, where one of the areas they supposedly have some of the strongest coverage.  It was complete shit.  

2 minutes ago, kaiju_wars said:

They don't work at all in North Dakota.

But I had them when I lived Dallas, where one of the areas they supposedly have some of the strongest coverage.  It was complete shit.  

but when did you move from dallas? i'm pretty sure they have improved their quality massively over time.

2 minutes ago, terrytek said:

but when did you move from dallas? i'm pretty sure they have improved their quality massively over time.

2013, and from when I went there over Christmas (since my family back home still uses T-Mobile) the service hasn't improved at all.  They only stay for that unlimited data.

You aren't going to change my mind.  From my experience, I know T-Mobile is shit.  There isn't going to be changing that.

T-mobile works well enough where I live, which is fortunate as its feasible to watch all the YouTube I want without home Internet. I found it works even with tethering. 

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

54 minutes ago, Zodiark1593 said:

T-mobile works well enough where I live, which is fortunate as its feasible to watch all the YouTube I want without home Internet. I found it works even with tethering. 

For whatever reason, T-Mobile's new plans feels more of a ripoff

t-mo ripoff.PNG

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

2 hours ago, hey_yo_ said:

For whatever reason, T-Mobile's new plans feels more of a ripoff

t-mo ripoff.PNG

It is, my original plan is better and they have claimed to upgraded me for a couple years.

http://www.t-mobile.com/offer/enjoy-unlimited-crm1.html#2

I don't use over 20 gb though so no point for me

Main Gaming and Streaming PC: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Vinsinity/saved/TjwVnQ

Ultrabook and College Laptop:

Spoiler

XPS 13 9350:

i5-6200U

8GB RAM

Samsung PM951 250GB M.2 Solid State Drive

Workstation Laptop:

Spoiler

Sager NP8672 (P670SG):

i7-4720HQ

32GB (4 x 8GB) CORSAIR Vengeance Performance

Samsung 850 EVO 250GB M.2 Solid State Drive (Boot Drive)

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 Solid State Drive (Video Drive)

Crucial MX100 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive (Secondary SDD Storage)

Western Digital (Blue or Black) 1TB 2.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (Storage Drive)

GeForce GTX 980M 4G

I miss being on Verizon, especially since I had grandfathered unlimited. Switched to T-Mobile to save on costs but the service is no where near Verizon's. I'm retarded for switching.

With all the Wi-Fi hotspots being deployed by ISPs, we really don't need unlimited data. Soon we won't even need Verizon!

They should've kept investing in Fios. 

3 minutes ago, Deletist_Jerk said:

With all the Wi-Fi hotspots being deployed by ISPs, we really don't need unlimited data. Soon we won't even need Verizon!

They should've kept investing in Fios. 

They plan on slowing killing off Fios. they dont want to upgrade their fiber

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

"If we keep pretending our network is better, people will believe it."

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

Just now, The Benjamins said:

They plan on slowing killing off Fios. they dont want to upgrade their fiber

They already have killed Fios expansion. 

There are pending lawsuits by NYC and Pennsylvania government. Also they have unpaid taxes in many states. 

But they keep getting billions in subsidies. 

1 minute ago, Deletist_Jerk said:

They already have killed Fios expansion. 

There are pending lawsuits by NYC and Pennsylvania government. Also they have unpaid taxes in many states. 

But they keep getting billions in subsidies. 

I moved into a condo and I can get Comcast 150/20 or Fios 30/10 for about the same price. it is basically not even a option. I am considering comcast 2000/2000 but really wish I could just get a something in between

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

16 hours ago, ShadowTechXTS said:

Is Sprint any good?

Depends entirely upon where you are. Getting opinions on a cell provider from places like this don't do a ton of good. The best way to find out how one is in your area is to search for anyone that has experience with them in your area. Either by talking to people or by doing a search on the internet. Bigger forums like this are going to give you a ton of mixed experiences because everyone's experience with each provider depends on how it works where they live. For example: No cell provider, big 4 or otherwise, is great where I live. Signal, speed, and call quality is ass for all of them but Sprint and Verizon are the least ass. Sprint had better prices and plans so they're who I went with and I've been happy so far. That's just my own personal experience though. I can recommend Sprint to people that live in my area, but it's impossible for me to say if they'd be good for people in other parts of the country or even other parts of the state.

16 hours ago, kaiju_wars said:

2013, and from when I went there over Christmas (since my family back home still uses T-Mobile) the service hasn't improved at all.  They only stay for that unlimited data.

You aren't going to change my mind.  From my experience, I know T-Mobile is shit.  There isn't going to be changing that.

i Always look at  it like this Doesn't matter what carrier is good for others and i wouldn't just sum each up into they suck or there great it changes so much throughout areas 

I need one that works exactly where i use my phone at least 90% of the time. and pick that one obviously i do take price into consideration aswell . I live in NY and  Verizon Att and Tmobile all have very similar coverage within 200 miles of where i live so personally i cant say any of them really suck that much Price is the biggest differences and plan offerings 

But if you look at a map of the USA it seems Tmobile forgot people dont only live east and west coast  which if you live in these areas i dont see why anyone would not have verizon for day to day usage 

I always contemplate moving to america, then i see post's like this and go "hahahha fuck no".

Is Canada any good with internet and mobile phone deals?

Motherboard  ROG Strix B350-F Gaming | CPU Ryzen 5 1600 | GPU Sapphire Radeon RX 480 Nitro+ OC  | RAM Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz 2x8Gb | OS Drive  Crucial MX300 525Gb M.2 | WiFi Card  ASUS PCE-AC68 | Case Switch 810 Gunmetal Grey SE | Storage WD 1.5tb, SanDisk Ultra 3D 500Gb, Samsung 840 EVO 120Gb | NAS Solution Synology 413j 8TB (6TB with 2TB redundancy using Synology Hybrid RAID) | Keyboard SteelSeries APEX | Mouse Razer Naga MMO Edition Green | Fan Controller Sentry LXE | Screens Sony 43" TV | Sound Logitech 5.1 X530