Best buy ate my laptop

Superboyaya

I took my laptop to best buy and they sent it off to the place that fixes laptops. I called the place and they never got it they called best buy and the line was silent. What do i do? Should i go in an confront the customer service people? Its not anything small either or i would just get a new one.

1 minute ago, Superboyaya said:

I took my laptop to best buy and they sent it off to the place that fixes laptops. I called the place and they never got it they called best buy and the line was silent. What do i do? Should i go in an confront the customer service people? Its not anything small either or i would just get a new one.

Ugh before posting here you should have just gone into Best Buy and politely ask what is going on. 

GPU: XFX RX 7900 XTX

CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D

Did you get a ticket as proof that you gave the laptop to bestbuy to have it fixed, if you do go to the store and politely ask what the status is in the store.

CPU:R7 5800X    Motherboard: asrock x470 taichi ultimate   RAM: 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws-V 2X16GB    GPU: Gigabyte GTX1080TI gaming oc 11g   Case: Corsair 600Q Storage: 1TB Samsung 870(boot), samsung 850evo 500GB, 2TB Corsair MX500, samsung 2TB 970 evo plus, WD 5TB black    PSU: Corsair AX860    CPU cooling: Corsair H105

1 minute ago, Fuzzlemann said:

Did you already went to the store where you took your laptop to?

Please, please just read the post. You wouldn't have asked this if you thoroughly read it. 

GPU: XFX RX 7900 XTX

CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D

Didn't you get something that said that they have gotten the laptop and such

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

Just now, Matu20 said:

Americans like taking things to court, you tried that yet?

No no the correct American way would be to make a big stinkup at the store belligerently demanding to speak with a manager and demanding a brand new laptop on top of some other form of compensation and such.

If that fails and the police gets involved, THEN you go to court!

-------

Current Rig

-------

Just now, Misanthrope said:

No no the correct American way would be to make a big stinkup at the store belligerently demanding to speak with a manager and demanding a brand new laptop on top of some other form of compensation and such.

Oh, my bad, got a little antsy :D

But why best buy in the first place

1 minute ago, Orangeator said:

Ugh before posting here you should have just gone into Best Buy and politely ask what is going on. 

i think he already know what to do, he just want to know if he can find some kindred spirits who are through with the services of Best Buy xD 
@Superboyaya follow what @Orangeator said.

5 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

Then popo tased victim of missing laptop, for resisting arrest.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

17 minutes ago, Superboyaya said:

Go to the store, ask what's going on.

If they deny that you gave the laptop to them, try and get some proof (reciept, etc.) that you gave it to them and then confront them.

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

30 minutes now. I don't think OP cares?

1 minute ago, dexxterlab97 said:

30 minutes now. I don't think OP cares?

He probably found his receipt and is heading to BB?

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

This was on the news once, someone bought a best buy pc, and they went to go get it fixed as it wasn't working. He didn't get it back and my geuss is that they fixed it and sold it again. He didn't sue best buy, but they gave him a new one back.

NOT SAYING THIS HAPPENED, I HIGHLY DOUBT THEY WOULD PULL THIS AGAIN.

The company that fixes them probably just got caught up in orders and will probably get back to you on it.

Please take my laptop to Best Buy so I can see them eating my laptop to pieces 

Im a Aussie gamer on half decent hardware......
desktop

i7 7700k 4.8ghz Msi ProCarbon Z270 gtx 1080 250gb samsung 850 evo 16gb ddr4 3000mhz ram 2tb wd black 1tb wd green

laptop:
Msi gs40
i7 6700hq 16gb ddr4 gtx 970m 128gb ssd 1tb ssd

Ok, I've come to the conclusion that tomorrow I will go to BB and see ask them what is going on. I spent 30 mins on hold today. I do have the receipt.

5 hours ago, dexxterlab97 said:

But why best buy in the first place

It was close

Pretty simple cut and dry case. You obviously need your receipt, any documentation or proof that you were informed your laptop is missing would help you tremendously. You can argue to get your money worth - store credit or possibly replace with a higher quality due to this mishap. Ultimately. make your case strong, try to be nice. If you need to blow up from frustration take it up with the management or leader on duty.