Intel's next-gen Core i7-7700K, features Kaby Lake architecture

CPU benchmarks of the new Core i7-7700K have been found.. It doesnt seem that much faster than a Core i7-6700K roughly only 10%, but it will supposedly come with some Z270 chipset.

53662_11_intel-core-i7-7700k-kaby-lake-p

and I just bought a Core i7-6700K.. fml

Original article

Meh, I'm still sitting here with my 4670k and I don't care too much.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Just now, Nineshadow said:

I still have my 3570K.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Just now, Godlygamer23 said:

I still have my 3570K.

And I bet we're gonna keep them for quite some time.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Just now, Nineshadow said:

Sadly.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

15 minutes ago, cozz said:

and I just bought a Core i7-6700K.. fml

Man, that's just an overclocked 6700K, just like it was for 4700K and 4790K. I doubt it will have much OC headroom

If you have a good Z170 you will be good for quite a long time

On a mote of dust, suspended in a sunbeam

I don't know if I should wait for the kaby lake release too, I have my eyes set on the asus maximus viii formula and i7 6700k but I like the looks of the asus maximus viii formula so I'm ver much at a dilemma here. Does anyone have a solution to my problem pls halp.

7 minutes ago, Nineshadow said:

8 minutes ago, Godlygamer23 said:

I still have my 3570K.

i5's?

yes 3-4 more years. Then they will be useless for high end AAA gaming.

deal with it (tm)

they already are heading in that direction. 

IE: 2500k vs 2600k vs Haswell comparison, with same GPU, modern games. 

Wow? REALLY? i did not know it was gonna be called a 7700k,i though there gonna "Nvidia" it and call it a 6700k KL

12 minutes ago, Godlygamer23 said:

Sadly.

Unless Zen is actually decent

hello!

is it me you're looking for?

ᴾC SᴾeCS ᴰoWᴺ ᴮEᴸoW

Spoiler

Desktop: X99-PC

CPU: i7 5820k

Mobo: X99 Deluxe

Cooler: Dark Rock Pro 3

RAM: 32GB DDR4
GPU: GTX 1080

Storage: 1TB 850 Evo, 1TB HDD, bunch of external hard drives
PSU: EVGA G2 750w

Peripherals: Logitech G502, Ducky One 711

Audio: Xonar U7, O2 amplifier (RIP), HD6XX

Monitors: 4k 24" Dell monitor, 1080p 24" Asus monitor

Laptop:

-Overkill Dell XPS

Fully maxed out early 2017 Dell XPS 15, GTX 1050 4GB, 7700HQ, 1TB nvme SSD, 32GB RAM, 4k display. 97Whr battery :x 
Dell was having a $600 off sale for the fully specced out model, so I decided to get it :P

-Crapbook

Fully specced out early 2013 Macbook "pro" with gt 650m and constant 105c temperature on the CPU (GPU is 80-90C) when doing anything intensive...

A 2013 laptop with a regular sized battery still has better battery life than a 2017 laptop with a massive battery! I think this is a testament to apple's ability at making laptops, or maybe how little CPU technology has improved even 4+ years later (at least, until the recent introduction of 15W 4 core CPUs). Anyway, I'm never going to get a 35W CPU laptop again unless battery technology becomes ~5x better than as it is in 2018.

Apple knows how to make proper consumer-grade laptops (they don't know how to make pro laptops though). I guess this mostly software power efficiency related, but getting a mac makes perfect sense if you want a portable/powerful laptop that can do anything you want it to with great battery life.

4 minutes ago, rattacko123 said:

Unless Zen is actually decent

Decent doesn't mean revolutionary performance, and as far as we can see, the performance is only slightly better at the same frequency when up against Broadwell-E(benchmark is very limited though). We have no idea what Zen will include for PCIe lanes, nor we do know the frequency the CPUs will run at. If for example we're stuck with CPUs that run at lower frequencies than Intel's current lineup, Intel already has the advantage unless AMD can price their CPUs properly, and I really hope they do.

Yawn. The nth hyperthreaded quad core with minimal ipc improvements coming in at 350$. At this rate it looks like I won't have a reason to upgrade my 2600 for a long time.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

I am here, just gonna start to do upgrade but damn, all new parts are coming out every year. Smh
Z270? Whats new features compare to Z170? 24 lane?

Isn't it supposed to be mostly stale until carbon based cpu become a thing and make performance explode with hugely better clocks?

40 minutes ago, Nineshadow said:

And here I am in the same boat, but with my overclocked i5 4690K. Matches the performance of my brothers non overclockable i7 4790 in games. Although I would love the extra threads while rendering. If I do upgrade, it would be to the prosumer line of "2011-v whatever" for the more RAM and Core count capabilities. My i5 is not going anywhere, any time fast. 

Ryze of the Phoenix: 
CPU:      AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 4.15GHz
Ram:      64GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @ 3200Mhz (Samsung B-Die & Nanya Technology)
GPU:      MSI RTX 3060 12GB Aero ITX
Storage: Crucial P3 1TB NVMe Gen 4 SSD, 1TB Crucial MX500, Spinning Rust (7TB Internal, 16TB External - All in-use),
PSU:      Cooler Master MWE Gold 750w V2 PSU (Thanks LTT PSU Tier List)
Cooler:   BeQuite! Prue Rock 2 Black Edition
Case:     ThermalTake Versa J22 TG

Passmark 10 Score: 6096.4         CPU-z Score: 4189 MT         Unigine Valley (DX11 @1080p Ultra): 5145         CryEngine Neon Noir (1080p Ultra): 9579

Audio Setup:                  Scarlett 2i2, AudioTechnica AT2020 XLR, Mackie CR3 Monitors, Sennheiser HD559 headphones, HyperX Cloud II Headset, KZ ES4 IEM (Cyan)

Laptop:                            MacBook Pro 2017 (Intel i5 7360U, 8GB DDR3, 128GB SSD, 2x Thunderbolt 3 Ports - No Touch Bar) Catalina & Boot Camp Win10 Pro

Primary Phone:               Xiaomi Mi 11T Pro 5G 256GB (Snapdragon 888)

57 minutes ago, Godlygamer23 said:

Sadly.

Is it? From a computer science perspective, it's only a testament to the fact no instruction can execute in less than 1 cycle. From an economic perspective, clearly it benefits consumers.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

23 minutes ago, Alexp10v2 said:

And here I am in the same boat, but with my overclocked i5 4690K. Matches the performance of my brothers non overclockable i7 4790 in games. Although I would love the extra threads while rendering. If I do upgrade, it would be to the prosumer line of "2011-v whatever" for the more RAM and Core count capabilities. My i5 is not going anywhere, any time fast. 

Agreed. My 4690K is staying put.

Well that's better than the difference between haswell refresh and skylake, but as with zen I'll wait to past full judgment until we get concrete benchmarks, however that seems like a predictable increase for intel

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

46 minutes ago, patrickjp93 said:

Is it? From a computer science perspective, it's only a testament to the fact no instruction can execute in less than 1 cycle. From an economic perspective, clearly it benefits consumers.

The only CPU that would benefit me would be either core a six core CPU with decent performance for around $250 or a an eight core CPU with great performance (and reasonably priced chipset/mobo) for $350.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

45 minutes ago, AresKrieger said:

Well that's better than the difference between haswell refresh and skylake, but as with zen I'll wait to past full judgment until we get concrete benchmarks, however that seems like a predictable increase for intel

I feel like Intel isn't trying anymore. All they're doing is milking customers for money. All I can say is that I will keep my 4570 until something I do requires better performance or In case there is a sudden drastic improvement in efficiency.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

11 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

I feel like Intel isn't trying anymore. All they're doing is milking customers for money. All I can say is that I will keep my 4570 until something I do requires better performance or In case there is a sudden drastic improvement in efficiency.

Well tbh they really can't increase performance much without adding more cores to the mainstream, but a lot of software doesn't support a lot of cores so it's rather pointless for now.

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

Will it be now, that i finally throw my 4670 and 400€ not being used motherboard!?

As long as it isnt priced as the 5775C for nearly 500 friggin euros...

Groomlake Authority

1 hour ago, Godlygamer23 said:

I still have my 3570K.

1 hour ago, Nineshadow said:

I was still using an i7 920 until last year and it was working fine.  At least when you upgrade dated hardware you can actually notice the difference.

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

Just now, TidaLWaveZ said:

-snip-

Or when you can finally overclock xD and make it last another year or two (performance gain wise...)

Groomlake Authority

im still here on my 4790k, its still a beast, i just need to up from 8gb to 16gb ram.
I'll wait and see if the gains are enough to merit the potential upgrade cost.

EDI: <i7 4970k, Corsair h110, 8gb avexir 2133 DDR3, ASUS Z97-AR, EVGA GTX980, Kingston Hyper x 128gh boot drive, 1.5tb of random mass storage drives> 
Peripherals: <RAZER Naga epic, Corsair K95/RAZER Deathstalker Ultimate>
Laptop(Leigon): MSI GS60 Ghost Pro 4k
Phones: <One Plus X, Sony Xperia Z, Moto X(2013) Huawei Nexus 6P