Russian PM orders state agencies to switch to Russian-made software in 3 years.

Okjoek
Just now, AlwaysFSX said:

snip

Reversed stupidity is not intelligence. Anyways, clearly this isn't going to go anywhere.

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

Just now, Curufinwe_wins said:

Reversed stupidity is not intelligence. Anyways, clearly this isn't going to go anywhere.

Of course it won't, you have preconceived notions that won't change no matter the course of discussion. We have nothing to discuss.

Just now, AlwaysFSX said:

Of course it won't, you have preconceived notions that won't change no matter the course of discussion. We have nothing to discuss.

Hi Pot, my name is Kettle. The sword cuts both ways. "insert 3rd cliche".

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

5 minutes ago, Curufinwe_wins said:

snip

Your point?  My comment was about the snips you posted earlier not this conversation he had and I acknowledged he proposed things against the geneva convention. Also I care little about what becomes of the middle east so long as it doesn't affect me. But as you already stated we should stick to the topic of the thread.

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

3 hours ago, Curufinwe_wins said:

Really? Keep kidding yourself.

Hillary will do all of these things, and just lie about it to the public. Hilary is a vicious and pathological liar (so too, probably, is Trump), who is in the pockets of corporations.

The USA has no good option in the coming election. The difference between them is that Hillary will entrench the status quo, which is terrible, while Trump will shake everything up, and what follows has a chance to not follow the lineage that ruled the USA before this election.

Thinking that the coming USA election is about which of these two will make the better president is naive, and failing to see the bigger picture. Both of the current candidates are monsters in their own ways. This election is about cutting off the previous lineage that has a death-grip on USA politics, and creating a chance for something better to come in a following presidency.

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

Trump just made a statement that people are considering it to be "Treason". Advocating for a foreign government  to hack US files. Which is considered against the law. 

CNBC 

His is not fit to rule over single cell organisms

Test ideas by experiment and observation; build on those ideas that pass the test, reject the ones that fail; follow the evidence wherever it leads and question everything.

15 minutes ago, Biggerisbetter said:

Trump just made a statement that people are considering it to be "Treason". Advocating for a foreign government  to hack US files. Which is considered against the law. 

CNBC 

His is not fit to rule over single cell organisms

CNN, ABC, MSNBC, CNBC - all have been proven, through the leaks, to be working hand in hand with the DNC and Hillary campaign.  They're purely corrupt and playing in to her narrative, and beautifully being played by Trump's media strategy.

The people considering it "Treason" are the media, neocons, and (((Happy People)), deflecting because the content is damning to the liberal / democrat agenda, showing corruption and collusion, and someone already had access, they ignored all the warning signs.  Hell, Democrats even said at the convention today, "We changed the IP address, no clue how they got in.".  Trump is trolling the media, telling Russia, "Release 'em if you have 'em!"  and it trapped the Hillary narrative, made the media admit it's a national security issue, when Hillary herself said it was yoga, and wedding pictures. His speeches and press conferences are beautiful, and so genuinely trollish, it's great.   AND! TECHNICALLY! -Media preview

Media preview

Since it was Hillary's server and it was illegal, against Federal law itself~  I can't wait for the next series of leaks.  Clinton Foundation and her email server.  Putin:  Autocratic Savior of Western Civilization.

12 hours ago, Okjoek said:

"The software must be available all over the country and the share of license fees paid to foreign legal entities must not exceed 30 percent of overall proceeds."

That's not abnormal. It's common for countries that are trying to grow their economy to require government purchases to come from inside their country. Right now the United States does this in some areas, and not in others. Apparently they want their computer industry to grow.

12 hours ago, DEcobra11 said:

FYI Russia has some ARM based PCs, obviously not gaming PCs , but for normal usage it's completely fine.

EDIT: Not ARM, it's a prprietary instruction set. Still Pentium M like performance :P

It's not ARM, and it's not proprietary, sort of. Their current, in state, TOTL processor is the Moscow Center of SPARC Technologies (MCST) Elbrus-8S. It uses a proprietary instruction set, but it has an extension instruction set, x86, which is a 1:1 copy of Intel's x86 ISA. 

As a quick comparison, the reported single precision compute power of the 8 core Elbrus is 125 GFLOPS, while the i7-6700k (TOTL of ours at around the same time) comes in at 113 GFLOPS. This is a fair comparison because the Elbrus does not have Simultaneous Multithreading, meaning that one thread in an i7 is comparable to one core in the Elbrus when hyperthreading is enabled. In other words, we're equal (in consumer grade products).

In my experience, the United States and Russia are fairly equal when it comes to technology, mostly because we've been locked into a "war", where the goal is to produce the best technology, since the end of WWII.

ENCRYPTION IS NOT A CRIME

11 hours ago, SamStrecker said:

They see a future with Hillary or Trump

Pick your poison amiright

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

49 minutes ago, Coaxialgamer said:

Pick your poison amiright

i'll take my poison Neat.  

Test ideas by experiment and observation; build on those ideas that pass the test, reject the ones that fail; follow the evidence wherever it leads and question everything.

And if someone tried this in the US, the left would label them a racist.

The left needs to wake up and realize that the resource wars are coming, and that China is probably going to win because they've basically been at war, financially and technologically, with the rest of the world, for the last couple of decades.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

1 hour ago, SurvivorNVL said:

CNN, ABC, MSNBC, CNBC - all have been proven, through the leaks, to be working hand in hand with the DNC and Hillary campaign.  They're purely corrupt and playing in to her narrative, and beautifully being played by Trump's media strategy.

The people considering it "Treason" are the media, neocons, and (((Happy People)), deflecting because the content is damning to the liberal / democrat agenda, showing corruption and collusion, and someone already had access, they ignored all the warning signs.  Hell, Democrats even said at the convention today, "We changed the IP address, no clue how they got in.".  Trump is trolling the media, telling Russia, "Release 'em if you have 'em!"  and it trapped the Hillary narrative, made the media admit it's a national security issue, when Hillary herself said it was yoga, and wedding pictures. His speeches and press conferences are beautiful, and so genuinely trollish, it's great.   AND! TECHNICALLY! -Media preview

Media preview

Since it was Hillary's server and it was illegal, against Federal law itself~  I can't wait for the next series of leaks.  Clinton Foundation and her email server.  Putin:  Autocratic Savior of Western Civilization.

I was going to say "as if Hillary hasn't blatantly committed treason, more than once".

And yet the left continues to support her, what does that say about them? Are they simply ignorant, or are they anti-american?

I would say anti-american, based on Hashtag AmericaWasNeverGreat. They hate the US, and thus themselves. They're what a soviet leader mention when he spoke of "destroying the United States from within".

10 hours ago, Curufinwe_wins said:

a piece of trash and a flaming radioactive sewage dump flooding the streets with boiling acid.

Hillary meets both of those criteria. She's committed treason, pretty much everything to ever come out of her mouth has been a lie, and she's abused every official position in government she's ever had.

Sorry, but voting for Hillary is completely and totally indefensible. You're talking about a lawyer who bragged about reducing the sentence for someone who raped a 12 year old girl, someone who abused her position as secretary of state, by accepting a bribe to greenlight the sale of nuclear materials to foreign powers (Russia specifically). Hillary is, literally, morally absent. She has no morality, she only cares about herself and her prestige. Nothing more. If you think she has a sense of self preservation, you're correct. If you think that extends to protecting the US, you're completely wrong. She would still be around to gloat to the rest of the world "I brought the US to its knees from within".

If you want to vote for someone based on a third world war mentality, vote for trump, because at least he'd have us win it. The dems would have us capitulating before it even started. (and it is coming, whether or not we like it, regardless of who we elect)

Why does everything that remotely has anything to do with politics, even when it really doesn't, turn into a case of Trump v. Hillary?

1 minute ago, straight_stewie said:

Why does everything that remotely has anything to do with politics, even when it really doesn't, turn into a case of Trump v. Hillary?

Because this is an election year. And those are the candidates.

There are more candidates, quite good ones, but our society as a whole is too retarded to realize that we can vote for someone other than D or R because "not voting for X, is a vote for X people you hate"

1 minute ago, DEcobra11 said:

Wait what? the CPU I was talking iirc was 65 nm... now that's a different story...

Oh. I thought you were referring to their stuff in general. 

2 minutes ago, Trik'Stari said:

Because this is an election year.

I'm aware of that. There are still other things going on than what's always been going on, but we only care about 25% of the time.

2 minutes ago, straight_stewie said:

Oh. I thought you were referring to their stuff in general. 

I'm aware of that. There are still other things going on than what's always been going on, but we only care about 25% of the time.

Blame the media then.

They cover only that which gets them views and thus makes them money. They don't give a single fuck about informing the populace. Even if they are biased for a certain political party, it's only because they will get money from said party via the back channels.

You can also blame the public, for being a bunch of sheep and allowing themselves to fall victim to such a system.

On ‎7‎/‎27‎/‎2016 at 5:26 PM, gabrielcarvfer said:

They could use React OS to do that :)

But it's based off of source code written by Americans and the Russians don't want that.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

Doesn't matter, WE'LL STILL HACK THEM! Down with the commies :D

On 27/07/2016 at 3:26 PM, SurvivorNVL said:

Hillary is pretty happy for regime change, and starting wars / instability wherever she can.  Trump wants to just withdraw the US from all the world.  Between the two - he's not calculated evil, she is.  She's effectively the embodiment of all that is wrong with politicians.  Trump'll at least work with and talk to Russia, North Korea, etc.  Calm the Autocrats and dictators down, leave them to their own devices, leave US out of the equation.

And aggravate everyone while doing so. Shutting down your borders doesn't work. Just ask Japan. 

- snip-